Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:51 am

Armageddon for the Ages

For fanfic writers/readers. Post your fics, or recommend one that you thought was good!

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Armageddon for the Ages

Postby Taelia » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:05 pm

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4557931/1/

Rating: Teen

Cameos: Barney (here called B'harne) and his minions; and the Muppet cast of "Sesame Street"

B'harne, the demon T-rex, makes his escape from the Obsidian Mines and this time he has recruited an army to help him enslave the souls of Earth's children. However, the Warriors alone will not be enough to stop him.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:37 am

Taelia, I know you helped write this, so let me say this RIGHT NOW:

You have very, very deep-seated problems.

I mean, sure we've all imagined setting fire to the big, stupid dinosaur, but that's cause he's nearly purely good and innocent, and it's fun watching things get corrupted (at least, it's a guilty pleasure of mine.)

To insinuate that Barney, the friendliest T-rex in existance, is the source of all evil, is just plain wrong.

And while I do admit that they don't touch on death and divorce, and I do admit that you have a point with the fact that "Bad stuff happens, kids should learn to deal with it," Barney helped teach me how to share. It taught me about innocence, and colors, and shapes.

I especially like how you manage to make Oscar the Grouch, possibly one of the scarriest, meanest TV Characters since the Grinch, better than Barney. Congratulations on your skewed analogies.

Furthermore, as long as you're going on praising Sesseme street about being all "Better for children because it deals with reality," I think that you should take a look at your own stories. In multiple situations, you skim over bad things, but give blatent, unrelenting attention to that which you love. Example? In one of the most recent stories in this series, ou have the kids of Kadic put on a play which is so good that Kadic gets top grades, every school in france gets better musical education, and Sailor Moon beats the bad guys.

Okay, I made the last part up, but it would've fit right in there. Your stories are honestly worse, in some respects, than Sailor moon episodes, and in a few cases, are blatant parodies of episodes. You want something to criticize, start with yourself. Oh, and before you say "Well, why don't you criticize yourself," I already do. A lot.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:17 pm

To insinuate that Barney, the friendliest T-rex in existance, is the source of all evil, is just plain wrong.

And while I do admit that they don't touch on death and divorce, and I do admit that you have a point with the fact that "Bad stuff happens, kids should learn to deal with it," Barney helped teach me how to share. It taught me about innocence, and colors, and shapes.

I especially like how you manage to make Oscar the Grouch, possibly one of the scariest, meanest TV Characters since the Grinch, better than Barney. Congratulations on your skewed analogies.

Barney is an irritating pile of garbage - he was created by a mother who desired to create escapism for kids - the show's producers admit this. Among the many crimes he has commited on his program, he states it's okay to lie, that it's okay to talk to strangers, that it's okay to cheat, and that itt's okay to catch bees and other poisonous insects.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sciron » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:34 pm

Look...I know Barney may or may not be the best children's character, but saying that he's the source of "all evil" is a big jump to make.

And I don't think any of those bad messages that he gives are directly said, and I rather doubt they're intended to be that. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Postby Taelia » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:10 pm

The show's producers have admitted it's not educational, but rather it's "basically escapism for children". ParentDish.com has it as one of its top five most irritating kids shows of all time, too. The site also praises Sesame Street for helping children stay in reality and not a made-up sugary, one-dimensional candyland.

http://www.parentdish.com/2008/09/20/sesame-street-prepares-for-an-emergency/?icid=200100397x1210654301x1200595542[/i]
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:01 pm

Okay, first off, anyone think it's a little hypocritical to be discussing the merits of childrens shows on a forum about a children's show?

Second, While I agree with the "Most obnoxious TV shows" on most of their choices, They have slandered the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. They will die. :cussout:

But seriously, not every form of entertainment is supposed to make you learn or be educational. Granted, Sesseme Street is very good at making that accessable for kids, but everyone needs an escape every once in a while.

I'm not saying that Barney was my favorite show, but he was a part of my childhood. And sometimes, you have to say something if you don't agree with it.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby knifey » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:07 pm

That fact that you made this seem like Barney is pure evil makes me laugh.

Mainly because my cousin told me a story where Barney got bitten by a messed up tarantula and and become a psychopathic child killer when I was like, in first grade.

The connection makes me lol.

Regardless, I won't share my opinion on the story due to a lack of knowledge of morals and ethics on my part.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak