Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:26 am

Death Code

For fanfic writers/readers. Post your fics, or recommend one that you thought was good!

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Death Code

Postby Andy Waltfeld » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:39 pm

Inspired by a couple posts I made on the CL Discussion board (specifically, the Season 5 and Ending threads).

WARNINGS:
Rated BKO for mild language, mild sexual themes, moderate animated violence, and elaborate planning
Spoilers for the endings of Code Lyoko, Death Note, and a couple other featured series
Three Walls or Less present at any given moment

THE STORY SO FAR:
It's 2008, and a head injury suffered by Sissi reveals to the former Lyoko Warriors that their world is part of a TV show. Further examination reveals that the fanbase has suffered repeated injustices. Unable to settle the score themselves, our heroes are introduced to an advocate from the other end of the schedule. Light Yagami has a plan to shatter the Cartoon Network infrastructure - and in return for some assistance in dealing with his fellow Swimigami, he'll put the Lyoko Warriors at the top of the heap. The gang has no better idea than to accept, but are they signing away their souls? And will people be watching?

RELEASE SCHEDULE:
I have yet to draft the first chapter. I'm shooting for 54 "episodes" (half of 108, one of those Fun Symbolic Numbers and the number of "official" chapters of the Death Note manga), which will be hosted on my deviantART with semi-simultaneous release on Fanfiction.net.

HOW TO READ 00 - REGARDING SELF-AWARENESS OF ANIMATED ENTITIES:
To clear up some confusion caused in the topics where I've been leaking info, I need to explain some stuff regarding Swimigami, their sponsorship of shows in the Daytime Realm, and how the Fourth Wall (if it exists) reacts accordingly:
- Swimigami are generally allied with their fellow cast members in the same show(s). To this end, you'll probably see Light on friendly speaking terms with L, despite that whole L being killed in one of Light's plans thing. Related things to look forward to include Light dodging Misa's calls, Soichiro hiding from people asking about his hentai performance, and a couple scenes with the rofLcopter (thanks to FF.net's "DN:The Abridged Series" for this naming convention).
- Due to the fractured state of the Swimigami Realm's government (no thanks to Aizen - seriously, no one from Bleach had anything to do with it), many other Swimigami are sponsoring Daytime shows. Such sponsorships are constructed in a symbiotic or ironic manner: for example, Frylock teaching Chowder how to evade Panini, or Motoko Kusanagi trying to teach Sam, Clover, and Alex how to function as secret agents without being TOO sexy in the process.
- Some shows in the Daytime Realm have become self-aware without the interference of Swimigami. Many members of the Tartakovsky-McCracken-Atoms Pact fall into this category. Some of their characters embrace the Swimigami, others hunt them down to protect both sides' old autonomies. Grim just hates Light for creating a massive backlog of work.
- Conversely, several Swimigami operate in the Daytime Realm without being wholly affiliated with any one show. Shin Nohara is wandering through many of the younger-audience shows, presumably on vacation (from what is up for debate), while Spike Spiegel is thoroughly scouring the network for a working Betamax player.

FUN WITH CONTINUITY:
- The aforementioned head injury is a skylight falling on Sissi's head - said skylight has two batons sticking through the lens...
- Potato chips are to this fanfic what apples are to Death Note proper. Light is probably more subtle about his cravings, though.
- One does not simply walk into another show. To this end, the gang will have to create a new Skidbladnir. A Nice Boat, if you will.

WHAT'S IN IT FOR THE READERS:
- Readers on deviantART will probably get faster responses out of me when they leave comments. Also, since each chapter is a separate Deviation, the How To Read sub-chapters can be inserted chronologically into the mix without disrupting the internal chapter count.
- Readers on Fanfiction.net will be allowed to review anonymously.
- All readers may have their ideas implemented into the story, with proper credit given. Even though I cut a deal for 54 episodes, I've only got concrete storyboards for 6 - and definite places in the schedule for 4 or 5.

WANNA GET CREDIT FOR AN EPISODE?
All you need is the following:
- An episode title of four syllables or less (for each episode - I'll take suggestions for two or three-parters)
- A plot point you want to see explored
EXAMPLE: Episode 02 - The Fix: Light's teachings in the finer art of potato chip consumption are interrupted by an attack from Swimigami assassin Killface.
- The following will NOT be accepted for episodes:
* Lemons (we're already gonna cover all things pr0n in Episode 34: No Exceptions)
* Any resurrection of XANA
* Sissi as a permanent team member
* Any wordplay involving Code Geass (I've already got a running gag planned involving Lelouch)

*TRANSMISSION COMPLETE*
My SN is spelled Feld, not Field. Keep getting it right, Carth.
I has opinions. On things.

Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN: Because if you're gonna ninja while wearing orange, you may as well quit taking the rest of it seriously.
Andy Waltfeld offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Mon May 05, 2008 1:34 pm

This....will pwn. :D

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Tangent128 » Mon May 05, 2008 5:16 pm

Hehehe...</cackles>

I'll need to read a bit before suggesting, to better grasp the tone, but this sounds fun...

Once the Skid is rebuilt, getting it to go between shows should be easy enough. Just swap the cables on the Supercomputer to connect it to the TV Network instead... :D
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Andy Waltfeld » Thu May 08, 2008 5:16 pm

Eh, your Skid theory's a bit off. Instead of it being a virtual submarine like usual, it'll be a full human-sized battleship. Well, a battleship in the Super Robot Wars sense.

But wait, you ask! Isn't SRW a video game rather than a Cartoon Network program?

And I answer, we'll be exploring that further once the sequel deal comes through.

Meanwhile, I gotta write the first episode or six and see how you guys react. I'll be taking episode suggestions here, too, as stated above.

Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN: Because if you're gonna ninja while wearing orange, you may as well quit taking the rest of it seriously.
Andy Waltfeld offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Tangent128 » Thu May 08, 2008 5:50 pm

Will there be any all in out show-to-show fighting? If so, this alliance would be quite strong.

Consider...
Known Rules:
-"The instrument to write with can be anything. (e.g. cosmetics, blood, etc) as long as it can write directly onto the Note and remains as legible letters." Ergo, toner should work.
-"Swimigami are generally allied with their fellow cast members in the same show(s). To this end, you'll probably see Light on friendly speaking terms with L..." Thus, XANA can be trusted.

Therefore:
* Find a show where Everything Is Online.
* Hava XANA hack that show's internet, get everybody's name and face from the records.
* Provide XANA with a high-resolution laser printer filled with Deatn Note paper; using a 4-pt font, have it print thousands of names per second.
* Mass carnage.

Probably not what you're going for, but I had to suggest it anyway. ;)
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Andy Waltfeld » Fri May 09, 2008 3:41 pm

Uhhh, no. It's post-S4, so no XANA.

I can assure you the final villain(s) are ten times as evil, though.

Awesome Show, Great Job my *ss.

Andy Waltfeld offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Tangent128 » Fri May 09, 2008 5:44 pm

We get L, but not XANA? :P
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Andy Waltfeld » Sat May 10, 2008 5:14 pm

L can be a snarky sidekick. XANA is a monosyllabic semi-cosmic force of chaos.

Which do you think is better as a side character, and which is better as a last-minute plot device?

Andy Waltfeld offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member