Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:20 pm

The Super Special Drabble/Oneshot/Concept Contest! YAAAAAAY

For fanfic writers/readers. Post your fics, or recommend one that you thought was good!

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

The Super Special Drabble/Oneshot/Concept Contest! YAAAAAAY

Postby Carth » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:04 pm

So, um, I just came up with this just now, because I did.

Here's what's going to happen. Each week (well, this one'll be slightly more than two weeks long, since I'll be in France sans computer- maybe I should just make it two weeks) I will post a general CL story theme in one sentence, and you, the writers of the world, may either post a drabble (under 100 words), a oneshot (over 100 words), or a concept for a longer story that relates to the theme.

After a week/two weeks, I'll judge your concepts/whatever, announcing the top three and the best one in each catergory (drabble, concept, oneshot). Le WINNAR may take the next contest. Not only that, but, since this requires actual thought, you could get FABULOUS PRIZES! Which I haven't come up with yet.

Just a few rules.

1. Stories/themes must be rated T/PG-13 or LOWER.
2. Stories can take place at any time in the CL timeline, including long before and long after the show's time. Can also take place in an AU setting if the theme calls for it.
3. Slash/Femslash is allowed, but remember rule #1.
4. Oneshots/Drabbles must be posted at FF.net, LyokoFreakersFanfiction, or some other host site in accordance with LF rules. Concepts can be written right onto the page.
5. I happen to like grammars. USE THEM.
6. "Do whatever you want" is not a valid theme.
7. HAVE FUN AND UH STUFF

Ok...so, if anyone decides to enter, the theme for this contest is...hm, let's make it really simple.

What would happen, and how would it happen, if any one or two-episode child character suddenly returned to the spotlight? Examples- Emily, Theo, Taelia, Brynja, Patrick... But, yeah, experiment with that. And stuff. Points of win if it's about someone I haven't mentioned, points of fail if it's another cookie-cutter Sam plot.

P.S. Should this be in Games, or can it stay here cause it's more seriously Fanfic-related?
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:29 am

This is a great idea!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ODDCHEEZY » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:11 pm

K. It's about Naomi. Hope you like it. It's just a lil' over 100 words. I hope this wont put you through any xtra@ trouble. If it does, I'll edit it.

http://codexana.net/lyokofreak/lff/view ... &chapter=1
Chuck E. exploits pictures of children having seizures in front of other kids...O_o Go Matt Langston!

ODDCHEEZY offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant