Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:38 am

Un Monde Avec Xana

For fanfic writers/readers. Post your fics, or recommend one that you thought was good!

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Un Monde Avec Xana

Postby Sciron » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:33 am

First off...yes, I am crazy, so don't bother to tell me that. :P

I've been wondering a lot of what to do with my life now that The End Trilogy is over. I know that some of you are very thankful that it is. I'm aware that it will probably never happen. At all. The possibility of Aelita and Ulrich EVER being siblings is even disastrous and scary.

Anyway, I've recently been thinking about what to write now. And...I've pretty much made up my mind.

I've decided to do a writing project to act as a possible Season 5. Currently, I have 32 episodes/fanfics planned. I don't have a specific plot for each, but there are 32 total slots.

http://Carthage524.deviantart.com/art/U ... 1-79589618

Preview poster I made for it.

I'm looking around for ideas, so I've decided to come here. Obviously, I'm going to need help in writing this. I'm not really asking for editors, advisors or beta readers; I'm more asking for ideas. Xana attacks, plot ideas, backstories...ESPECIALLY backstories...please PM me any ideas that you have. I'm looking around for ideas; so far, the hunt hasn't been good. But it's improving each day.

I will credit you if I do end up using the idea. I'll review it, see if I need to change it if I want to use it, and then I'll let you know. It could be ideas for Xana attacks you yourself don't have the time to write, any random backstory ideas, or something else. I'm mainly looking for Xana attacks and backstories. Like the actual series, I'm TRYING to have "filler episodes" (Xana attacks, really), and also backstories to add a depth to my season to try to make it more realistic. My aim is to have a backstory for every episode, although that goal is VERY high and probably won't be reached.

I'm hoping to write and release the first 1-3 episodes before my next birthday, April 1st. (Yes, I'm born on April Fools' Day. :P)

Thanks again. Don't forget to PM me ideas that you have. :)
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Postby Tangent128 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:55 am

Ambitious!

If you want a place to brainstorm, I just set up a wiki for brainstorming Lyoko fan projects. You could make a UnMondeAvecXana page.

Good luck regardless!
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SilverPrince » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:03 pm

>.> Un Monde Avec Xana? COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Just kidding.

Backstories, you say? I am the backstory guru. You need a backstory, I can get you one. I've got connections.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sciron » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:14 am

Lawl. :D

Anyway, I would appreciate if you could just PM me any ideas you have. ANYTHING. (I'm seriously desperate, because I need 30 or so backstories...if I can end up getting my hands on them. *shakes head in disbelief*)

And thanks, Tangent. =D
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Nightsabre » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:43 am

I'll gladly help, I was writing my own fanfic as a continuation of the storyline. However, I postponed it indefinitely as to work on other more crucial things in my life. Anyway feel free to add me to Window's Live Messenger (MSN) @ nightsabre@live.com (you can also e-mail me). I am "decent" with Adobe Photoshop, & Adobe Premiere (CS3). I also can create, maintain, and manage website(s) as well as host servers. So if you feel you need my help feel free to ask.

P.S - I have one post because I just registered but you can find me on the Official Forum under this same handle.
Nightsabre offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Sciron » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:58 pm

http://Carthage524.deviantart.com/journal/17500332/

Even when it hasn't even been started...I've decided to stop Un Monde Avec Xana. :cry:

I have everything set up to start writing. Its plot is set. Key episodes have a specific plot as well as certain details. But it's the prospect of setting down a one-way path to write 32 fanfics that is intimidating and scaring me. Even only starting UMAX will make me feel obligated to keep on updating it on a regular basis, perhaps a fanfic every 1-2 weeks, which is unimaginable right now with the looming problem of school.

Another issue with me is the depth and amount of the realism I want to pack into UMAX. I was planning on even including backstories in UMAX, but I still have so many empty holes in the planning. Plus, it's hard enough for me to write and keep the CL characters' personalities correct at the same time.

With 5-10 episodes still without any plot at all, and with more than 10 episodes still requiring Xana attacks, the problems that have been emerging have intimidated me rather than challenging me.

I've said a lot that I can't start UMAX without more backstories and more ideas for Xana attacks, and I meant it. I'm sorry, but this is the consequence.

If I do get bored and/or sick of writing UMAX and I decide to stop, I won't be able to live with the shame of not finishing something. It was already hard enough to stop writing The End Trilogy with only four chapters to go. And the chance of me becoming sick and bored of writing UMAX is very, very high, with all the problems and challenges it is posing even when it hasn't even been started.

I could be only postponing writing UMAX; I may consider writing it later in the near future. But, as of now, I have no plans of even starting UMAX or continuing its planning stage in any way.

Thank you to everyone who did express interest and support in this project of mine. I'm very sorry about how this turned out, and that I've disappointed you. And to the readers of The End Trilogy: I'm sorry that I can't put my writing into something better, and I'm sorry that I've disappointed you again. ._.
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Nightsabre » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:31 am

5CarthageRocks wrote:http://Carthage524.deviantart.com/journal/17500332/

Even when it hasn't even been started...I've decided to stop Un Monde Avec Xana. :cry:

I have everything set up to start writing. Its plot is set. Key episodes have a specific plot as well as certain details. But it's the prospect of setting down a one-way path to write 32 fanfics that is intimidating and scaring me. Even only starting UMAX will make me feel obligated to keep on updating it on a regular basis, perhaps a fanfic every 1-2 weeks, which is unimaginable right now with the looming problem of school.

Another issue with me is the depth and amount of the realism I want to pack into UMAX. I was planning on even including backstories in UMAX, but I still have so many empty holes in the planning. Plus, it's hard enough for me to write and keep the CL characters' personalities correct at the same time.

With 5-10 episodes still without any plot at all, and with more than 10 episodes still requiring Xana attacks, the problems that have been emerging have intimidated me rather than challenging me.

I've said a lot that I can't start UMAX without more backstories and more ideas for Xana attacks, and I meant it. I'm sorry, but this is the consequence.

If I do get bored and/or sick of writing UMAX and I decide to stop, I won't be able to live with the shame of not finishing something. It was already hard enough to stop writing The End Trilogy with only four chapters to go. And the chance of me becoming sick and bored of writing UMAX is very, very high, with all the problems and challenges it is posing even when it hasn't even been started.

I could be only postponing writing UMAX; I may consider writing it later in the near future. But, as of now, I have no plans of even starting UMAX or continuing its planning stage in any way.

Thank you to everyone who did express interest and support in this project of mine. I'm very sorry about how this turned out, and that I've disappointed you. And to the readers of The End Trilogy: I'm sorry that I can't put my writing into something better, and I'm sorry that I've disappointed you again. ._.

Oh, that sucks :( - You could always give us a synopsis of your plot.
Nightsabre offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Kamekai » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:07 am

It's too bad there's 36 of 'em, Nightsabre. :P
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Sciron » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:28 pm

32. :nyeh!:

And I think I'm only postponing UMAX. Hopefully. (It may not come for a month or two, though. .__.) So I don't plan on releasing the plots if I do decide to write UMAX later.
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby ODDCHEEZY » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:25 pm

Could wait till summer...That's what I'm having to do with my stories. :D
Chuck E. exploits pictures of children having seizures in front of other kids...O_o Go Matt Langston!

ODDCHEEZY offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Nightsabre » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:07 pm

ODDCHEEZY wrote:Could wait till summer...That's what I'm having to do with my stories. :D

That's when I do my works, but now that I've been out of school since for just over a year (Class of 07) I have plenty of extra time, well when needed anyway.

Anyway, glad to hear you are most likely postponing it and not canceling it completely. Well, in the mean time I suppose I'll finish up a few more chapters in my "suspended" The Code Lyoko Chronicles (which are also a season 5-type fanfic)
Nightsabre offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Sciron » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:15 am

I'm really too lazy to write an email for this, but as of a few days ago, something happened:

The plot sheet, with the 32 episode slots I have been trying to fill, has been filled. O.O

This means that at any time, I can actually start writing UMAX.

There are just a few backstory parts I still need to think; I've been sleeping on it a lot, which helps me. (No, not literally. Oh yeah, sure, I've been sleeping on a backstory every night, and it hurts my back so that I can't sleep for the whole night. :P)

I'm not sure whether I want to start it now, or whether I still want to wait a month or so. If anything, it won't come till summer, and I'm not even sure if it'll come till them because of dreaded summer school. >.<

Anyway, thought I should give you guys a heads-up.
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Nightsabre » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:03 pm

5CarthageRocks wrote:I'm really too lazy to write an email for this, but as of a few days ago, something happened:

The plot sheet, with the 32 episode slots I have been trying to fill, has been filled. O.O

This means that at any time, I can actually start writing UMAX.

There are just a few backstory parts I still need to think; I've been sleeping on it a lot, which helps me. (No, not literally. Oh yeah, sure, I've been sleeping on a backstory every night, and it hurts my back so that I can't sleep for the whole night. :P)

I'm not sure whether I want to start it now, or whether I still want to wait a month or so. If anything, it won't come till summer, and I'm not even sure if it'll come till them because of dreaded summer school. >.<

Anyway, thought I should give you guys a heads-up.

Yay!
Thank to Tangent128 for the sig.

[This space for rent]

..::Current Project(s)::..
The Lyoko Chronicles (7% Done)
Rockman.EXE - Blossing Love (LanxMayl Fluff)
Twisted Fates (A WoW/SC Crossover, On hold)
New Art for my dART (Soonish)
Nightsabre offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid