Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:25 pm

Un Monde Sans Paix

For fanfic writers/readers. Post your fics, or recommend one that you thought was good!

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Taelia » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:01 pm

Either way, I still give the chapter a rating of 50/50. It's well-written, though.

Keep up the good work.

-------

Oh, I also liked the idea of Jim once being a martial arts legend. :) I just thought he knew Pencak Silat, though. :umm:
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ODDCHEEZY » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:29 am

I like it (/10 :notworthy:
Chuck E. exploits pictures of children having seizures in front of other kids...O_o Go Matt Langston!

ODDCHEEZY offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Taelia » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:23 pm

Jim's story of being a martial arts legend clearly reminds me of one of my favorite characters from Tekken 6, Bob:

Bob, a stoic person at heart, took his dreams of becoming strong very seriously.

Since childhood, he was a celebrated martial arts prodigy, and since he was a pretty boy with an excellent physique, he was not short of fans. Despite his martial arts prowess, he was unsuccessful against opponents of larger builds. For this reason, Bob disappeared from the public eye, setting out to accomplish the difficult task of rebuilding his body, increasing weight and power without sacrificing speed.

Bob returned home several years later after he had finished rebuilding his body. His drastic change in appearance shocked and disappointed all who knew him. Simply put, he looked fat, and nothing more. They couldn't contain their laughter. His once perfect body was nothing more than a distant and pleasant memory.

Bob paid their comments no mind, for he firmly believed his speed, power, weight, everything, was simply perfect. He was completely satisfied with what he had achieved, and so, believing now was the time to test his body, Bob decided to participate in the world famous martial arts tournament known as The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Nightsabre » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:15 am

I am in pure awe... I look forward to reading more.
Nightsabre offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby SilverPrince » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:45 pm

Thank you for the compliment, and Chapter 4, "Counter Attack" is now up. The war has now begun in earnest. To ease the confusion, I have created a map of nations to show who is with who. If you wish to avoid spoilers, perhaps you should read the chapter and then look at the map.

Blue is France and her allies, Green is the US and her allies.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:18 pm

I can't wait to see what Jim and the children can do!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:46 pm

Buh-duh-duh!

I'm not quite sure how a Unicameral Congress would work, constitutionally. (Taking Government here...) Of course, with such devastation, suspending the Constitution would be understandable, at least until elections could be held.
I guess they could just say that each person is functionally both a Senator and Representative. Might be easier to just have the governors appoint a full delegation, though.

:umm:

I never thought I'd write a post like that on a Lyoko forum. :*D
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Stonecreek » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:16 am

My suspension of disbelief is starting to fade. I want more concentration on the Lyoko Warriors, because it is what you write best. The politics and warmonegering are intersting, but steadily more unbelievable, no matter how much research is done. this story will really start to get good and fulfill its premise when the gang swings into full action.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Sciron » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:57 am

You chose the treaty to be written...in...Hawaii?

o.O

Can't say anything else. :nyeh!:

---

Wait...Senators Obama and Clinton?

I kinda agree with Stonecreek; you should probably try to focus a bit more on the Lyoko Warriors rather than the US, even though essentially this is the third World War. It seems to be focusing slightly more on historical accuracy more than the Lyoko Warriors' battle. I know that historical accuracy and the amount of realism is kind of important, but I just feel that the Lyoko Warriors should be put a bit more in the spotlight. Obviously, I know it's hard to do it when you're writing about WWIII, but just try to slip something in or something. ;)
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:46 am

I agree with Stonecreek. More fighting, less governing!

*grabs pitchfork and shotgun*

RIOT!

*Is hit by Firemen's water hose*

Okay then...

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby SilverPrince » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:36 am

That actually was my last mainly Condi-centric chapter that I had planned. It won't be the very last you hear of her, of course, but from this point onward the main source of news from the war will be from the news.

I chose the treaty to be written in Hawaii because I can. Nothing is ever written in Hawaii, so I said why not? A historical inside joke I have with some of my friends is that almost all of the treaties seem to be from Paris. But obviously... we can't have this one in Paris, can we? Obama and Clinton are in the story because they were the only Congress-people left alive, along with some other two I pulled out of nowhere. I forgot McCain though. >.> There's my liberal bias kicking in.

Hey, Nebraska has a unicameral legislature, and it works just fine. :P And I chose unicameral because they are really, really short on time. They need a government, and it's a lot quicker to choose one person instead of two. Also, it means one less valuable politician on the state level is removed. It's only for a few months anyway.

And lastly, thank you. Constructive criticism is, in my humble opinion, a very good thing. Sure, a bazillion comments of "ZOMG g00d wurk!!1" is great and all but I like it when I can know how to write even better than before. On the other hand "OMG YOU SUXZORZ!!!" is not good. So if I get that bad... don't say that.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sciron » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:10 pm

I rather doubt you will, so just keep it up. :D

Believe it or not, I've never seen non-constructive criticism as worse as that. x_x
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Postby SilverPrince » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:15 pm

ZOMFGWTF422BBQ. It has been one day short of a month since I have uploaded a new chapter. I am very sorry. And this chapter isn't my best work, but I knew that if I didn't get past this soon, I would never get it done and I would just stop. Chapter 5, "Preparation", is now finally up. As I currently have it planned, we are now halfway done.

Also, this is a map of the belligerents as of Chapter 5. Green is the signers of the Treaty of Honolulu and their allies. Navy blue is NATO and its allies.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:38 pm

Jim... on Lyoko?

SUPER AWESOME! =DDDDD

I love you now, Lyoko422!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:45 pm

Bravo! MOAR!

(FBI likes nachos? Good to know... :devil2: )

*Goes back to raytracer... first 3 seconds of ULT3 done...*
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SilverPrince » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:47 pm

How did I know, Taelia? How did I know that you were going to say that? :D

Yes! If we stop the flow of vital nacho cheese to the FBI, we can defeat the conspiracy once and- OMG. I'M GOING TO BE ARRESTED. PATRIOT ACT OH NOEZ! *arrested*

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:35 pm

How did I know, Taelia? How did I know that you were going to say that?

Because I read the chapter. ;) You didn't use my design (drawn by TB3 of course) per se but Jim's "shockwave"/"thunderclap" ability is reminiscent of my concept.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:54 pm

I have seen that drawing, it's a good one. I don't know what the powers associated with it are. But I thought Jim's power made sense because... he's a big guy, and big guys make booms. Hence, the shockwave thing.

As for his outfit, he wears a red jumpsuit as to refrence his red sweater, and a black belt and headband to represent his martial arts prowess. Jim wears brown shoes, so his boots and gloves on Lyoko are brown.

I went for a simple look because, well A) I didn't know how to put anything more complicated into words, and B) the most well-known and successful martial artists are known to live simple ways of life, free of extravagance.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:02 pm

I have seen that drawing, it's a good one. I don't know what the powers associated with it are. But I thought Jim's power made sense because... he's a big guy, and big guys make booms. Hence, the shockwave thing.

The powers associated with my design for Jim's Lyoko Warrior attire are thunder and lightning (think Raiden from Mortal Kombat). Not to mention my design was approved by DAVID GASMAN himself.

-----

Suzanne's powers are Earth-based.

Earth + lightning = fire. Passion, love, desire. :)

http://warrioroflight.deviantart.com/art/Terra-Warrior-Susanne-45498530 <--drawn by a friend of mine; Suzanne's Lyoko form
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Andy Waltfeld » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:26 pm

Leaving my Declaration of Awesomeness here, as I haven't a reason to register at FF.net yet.

Looking at the faction maps, however, I see a lone white pixel at the approximate point of the Rocky Mountain Replika. Shouldn't there also be a 2x2-pixel void where D.C once stood?
My SN is spelled Feld, not Field. Keep getting it right, Carth.
I has opinions. On things.

Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN: Because if you're gonna ninja while wearing orange, you may as well quit taking the rest of it seriously.
Andy Waltfeld offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SilverPrince » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:10 pm

That dot is the Great Salt Lake in Utah. The American Replika was in the Southwest, I assume New Mexico.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lani » Tue May 13, 2008 9:11 pm

Lyoko422 wrote:Arlington, Alexandria... same thing. >.>

:|
I could write a 20 page essay about how Arlington and Alexandria are not the same but... now's not the time |D;; I'm from Arlington btw. When the Pentagon was attacked on 9/11 we got a day off school. uhh

SO YEAH. This fic had caught my eye... quite a while ago and I finally admitted to myself that I was bored enough to read it. And I don't read fics very much. But I like it a lot so far :D

YEAHHH NECROPOSTING WOO
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Tue May 13, 2008 9:49 pm

They both start with A. >.>

Thank you. I really need tp update more, but my weekends have been busy and plus I'm lazy.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:11 pm

OH NOEZ. DOUBLE POST. Forgive me.

I'm just announcing that I am putting the Un Monde Sans Paix project on indefinite hold. I've completely run out of ideas, and to be honest it wasn't my best work to begin with. This is my wake up call to stop writing all on impulse and actually plan some things out. I may return to it later, but I'm not so sure. The whole thing was so impulsive to begin with, and I've dug myself into a hole too deep to get out of at the moment.

So I'll concentrate on Ex Libris Lyoko and move on to some other things I have planned. Thank you all for the help, comments and support.

I'd request this be locked, but can you unlock it should I ever actually come back to this project? If so, lock requested. If not, I'll just let this slip into oblivion and bring it back when/if need be.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:00 pm

Awwwww! :( That's horrible!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext