Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:04 pm

Un Monde Sans Paix

For fanfic writers/readers. Post your fics, or recommend one that you thought was good!

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Un Monde Sans Paix

Postby SilverPrince » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:51 pm

Yes, yes, I know. I should be working on Ex Libris Lyoko. But apparently, more people are keen on this idea, and I kinda was too... so here it is. Apparently I like foreign language titles. Un Monde Sans Paix, I believe, translates to "A World Without Peace."

Here's the premise. I kinda got the idea from a conversation here between Tanget128 and timekitten. So kudos to them.
The idea is that Russia, Brazil and the US discover their labs trashed and full of robots. Through backup logs, they discover that France is the culprit. I won't reveal details, but eventually the world gets embroiled in World War Three and the Lyoko Warriors have to end the war by proving XANA did it, but without they themselves getting arrested.

I have written Chapter 1: Discoveries, and will start on Chapter 2 ASAP. I think I may be rushing things, plot-wise, but ah well. Someone very wise once told me "If the plot bunnies are rampaging, let them go. They make very interesting messes." And so, I shall do that. Here it is, Un Monde Sans Paix.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:14 pm

Wow...you even spelled Condolezza. Kudos. :hello:

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby SilverPrince » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:16 pm

>.> Only because it's in Microsoft Word's spell checker. I would have no clue otherwise. But it would have been unprofessional to call her Condi the whole time...

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:45 pm

Still, it was a good fic start, even if I don't think having three periods is a good way to end a chapter...

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby SilverPrince » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:47 pm

The three periods means...

CLIFFHANGER. DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:48 pm

OWO

MOAR.

MOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR.
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:59 pm

I'm writing Chapter 2 right as of this moment. Maybe if we're all lucky, it'll be done by tonight.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:19 pm

Excellent!
(Pedro? I seem to remember him from another thread... :D )

And the pacing's fine! I like a lively tempo.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Stonecreek » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:40 pm

It is a good start, but I agree that the cliffhanger, especially in chapter one, is too much. Technically sound, but some sentences run on too long. The idea, though, is golden, and that's why I'll continue reading.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:57 pm

Tangent128 wrote:Excellent!
(Pedro? I seem to remember him from another thread... :D )

And the pacing's fine! I like a lively tempo.

Just please, puleeeeeeeeeeeaze don't make a Napolean Dynamite joke.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sciron » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:24 pm

I really like it. It's a good idea, and whaddaya know, it could happen as a Season 5. ;)
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Postby Taelia » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:38 pm

It could, but still I worry.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ODDCHEEZY » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:44 pm

Not bad. I'll definitely come back for more. So Write More!
Chuck E. exploits pictures of children having seizures in front of other kids...O_o Go Matt Langston!

ODDCHEEZY offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby SilverPrince » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:48 pm

Chapter 2, "War", is now up. >.> I had to do a lot of research on Moscow, Washington DC and Brasilia. You'll see why when you read it.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:59 pm

Wow! Jim's gonna try to stop this himself? Way to go! Maybe the Lyoko Warriors have a new friend on their side after all! =D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sciron » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:08 pm

I've gotta say that that was one of the best chapters I've read in a while. :D The historical accuracy really helps a lot.

Although...I have no clue about what's gonna happen from here. :umm:
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby SilverPrince » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:18 pm

Ah, but I do. Or at least I have a vague idea.

Thank you, and I did a lot of research on the capital cities of Brazil, Russia and even my own nations' capital- Washington DC, and a buttload on other things. And if I'm not fully accurate on some things... it's a fanfiction, a world seperate from the real one. So I've got a little liberty. Although I do prefer to be as accurate as possible.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sciron » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:33 pm

So far, it's been pretty accurate. But hey, I never knew about half the stuff mentioned about the other international governments. :P
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:11 pm

Even more intense! (I'd think Jeremie's mother would not be in a joking mood, but that's the only nitpick.)

I don't live far from D.C.; it seems mostly accurate. The Pentagon is in Arlington, not Alexandria, though. Presumably, the existing tensions would insure Congress was in session, not scattered throughout D.C.

Keep it up!
Last edited by Tangent128 on Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SilverPrince » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:15 pm

Arlington, Alexandria... same thing. >.> And hey, someone has to keep the mood up. And moms are typically good at that.

However, I did just update the chapter, changing Alexandria to Arlington, and to fix a mistake that thankfully none of you appeared to notice. FF.net is a little slow with updates, though. >.>

Also, here is a little "promotional poster" type of thing I made.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:27 am

O_o

So...Much...Awesomeness...

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby desincarnation » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:27 pm

Great story! Can't wait for next chapters! O_o
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby SilverPrince » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:21 pm

Taelia, I have a feeling you may like this chapter. I may have gone way off Jim's character for this chapter, but I think it adds some new depth to Jim.

Chapter 3 "The Guilt of Jim Morales" is now up. Here are some alternate titles I had:
"Jim"
"Jim's Guilt and Jim's Plan"
"From the Book of Jim"*
"The Day Jim Talked About It"

In case you haven't noticed, this is a very Jim-centric chapter. Chapter 4 is on the way.
*Please note that "From the Book of" is English for "Ex Libris". This chapter doubly functions as Jim's Ex Libris story, in a way.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:25 pm

I can just imagine David Gasman reading this chapter. :) I love David to death.

-----

I give the latest chapter a 50/50 rating. Some parts of it I adored like Jim saying that the Kadic schoolchildren are his life, and disappointed with the part about Jim's so called teaching them discipline (remembers well Millie's quote to Jim in "Teddygodzilla" and Jim's saying that the three boys parents were sick of them in "Rock Bottom")

In-show Jim clearly reminds me of my sixth-grade teacher Mr. Tolerton. He was a cruel, hateful monster, and I despised him. My version of Jim teaches self-control to his surrogate children but not through yelling or being a monster. Just to letcha know, Lyoko422. ;)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:59 pm

Jim doesn't teach the kids by being a monster. He teaches the kids with push-ups and sports and such, just like every other gym teacher. He's not a monster to anyone, he's not really a monster at all, he just thinks he is. I think psychologists call it "Survivor's Guilt"- when you lose someone close for some reason, and you were there but survived it, you think it is your fault that they died. I'm no psychologist, but that could be what Jim has.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Next