Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:09 am

Shameless Self Promotion. Fear.

For fanfic writers/readers. Post your fics, or recommend one that you thought was good!

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Shameless Self Promotion. Fear.

Postby Snarky Jargon » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:36 am

As the words "WRITER'S BLOCK" keep me from writing anything (...and remembering that this forum exists as well, I'm afraid), I figured that it couldn't hurt to link to my stuff even if it makes me seem like an idiot.

I promise that most of my stuff is spellchecked. And grammar checked. And (mostly) in character. And brain safe.

Most recently, a not-so-multichaptered fanfiction: Nightshade. Remember how Ulrich promises Sissy he'll date her for a month to get Yumi out of trouble in Frontier, and then how it's never mentioned again ever? (Continuity issues ahoy!) This grabs the concept and runs with it into a wall.

Betwen Friends is a femslash--meaning girl/girl--specifically, Aelita and Yumi--story with heavily implied het. There are spoilers for Code Earth/False Start (though I'm not sure if warning people is necessary for those episodes at all) here, so beware. Aelita spends a night over at the Ishiyama's after her little date with Jeremie in False Start. (Or is it Code Earth? Erm.) So. What happens after that? Featuring WTF?!!Aelita and Lustful!Yumi.

Not the most canonical of them, but shush.

And last in line is Lazy Days, which nearly killed me when I attempted to edit it. 9000-odd words long, flattest prose ever, blahblahblah. I'm still happy with it, anyway. References to the Garage Kids short, theme songs, and all that weird stuff.

So yeah. Feedback is appreciated, as well as typo-checks. My spellchecker doesn't always catch them, and I'm often too tired to notice when I have genius lines like "Snails liked to give Boys flowers lamp on" in the first paragraph.
Last edited by Snarky Jargon on Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
We think the flower on the precipice is beautiful
Because our fear make our feet stop at its edge
instead of stepping forward into the sky
like that flower.

-Kubo Taito
Snarky Jargon offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Xx te*rs r*n c*ld xX » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:09 am

wow you're incredible. *reads more*
-Hayley

tears run cold
but i still hold onto
the feeling you'll come back to me
deep within my soul
but don't take too long
cause i've faced too many sleepless nights
waiting for you to come back home
my tears run cold
Xx te*rs r*n c*ld xX offline

Postby SamBlob » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:16 am

I think I remember seeing the summary for "Between Friends" and deciding not to read it. I'm not a slash fan.
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Little Vili » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:55 am

I've read between friends (no surprise to you guys I bet), and from what I've seen it was very well written. Its not just one of those fics that have aelita and yumi make out for no reason, but what it does is really give true meaning to the title (and isnt/wasnt it "a kiss between friends"). It doesnt really "pair" them together, more or less, Aelita is just learning how to kiss with the help of yumi (no less do I think its still really hot to read). So even for "non-slash" kind of people, it might still be a good one to check out.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby OB-waN » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:55 am

Read it....it so rocks, it what I belave goes on in real life between girlsfriend at least once. I hope so.....
This user has been banned.

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Location: In some galaxy, fighting with my Ominwrench 8000!!!

Postby Little Vili » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:32 am

OBoy #1 wrote:Read it....it so rocks, it what I belave goes on in real life between girlsfriend at least once. I hope so.....

I hope so too......*drools endlessly while thinking about it*
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Snarky Jargon » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:12 am

Heh. I don't think there are many (if any) cases of it happening in real life. However, the Code: LYOKO fandom did need more slash, and I had spare time on my hands. Aelita/Yumi isn't a couple I ship, at least not in the current canon. I could see them happening post-Lyoko in an AU setting, where their relationships with Jeremie and Ulrich are more strained and they confide in each other more (or when they're so drunk they can barely see straight.) In my opinion, part of the problem with Aelita/Yumi is that their relationship in season 1 wasn't much more than just friends. To provide a base for a relationship, they'd have to become closer because if someone wrote an Aelita/Yumi fic that has Aelita confessing she adored Yumi for years and couldn't wait to jump her, the reader would just stare and go, "...whatever, man, you suck at characterization." To write a good Aelita/Yumi fic would not only need strong characterization, but good interaction and a lot of words.

(Oh god that's not inspiration biting me)

*Ahem* Thank you for the feedback. It's appreciated.
like that flower.

-Kubo Taito
Snarky Jargon offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby OB-waN » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:19 am

Dude, you need to read your old fics....that ALWAYS helps me write things....look at your old work and see what you did right and want could have been changed........most of all, don't push yourself less you write something that will not be up to your writing skill.

Don't worry, every writer has writers block, just relax and maybe wait season two before you do anything esle.

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Little Vili » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:59 pm

Snarky Jargon wrote: To write a good Aelita/Yumi fic would not only need strong characterization, but good interaction and a lot of words.

(Oh god that's not inspiration biting me)

*Ahem* Thank you for the feedback. It's appreciated.

Basically what I was trying to do with my story "a change of feeling", which involved Yumi/Jeremie hooking up (actually, I have it continue off of what I thought should have happened (/would if it were continued) at the end of "image problem".

Your right though, if you just have them go at it from the beggining, people with think its really crappy (but most likely still give a sugar coated review). Unless its a one shot (which lot are), it should be slowly introduced into the story to make it look more realistic, even in a case such as Odd/Ulrich or Yumi/Aelita. I was thinking of doing an Aelita/Yumi fic, but I dont know if Im going too do it or not.

What I hate about writing good stories is, you cant enjoy them as much as the other readers.

OBoy #1 wrote:Dude, you need to read your old fics....that ALWAYS helps me write things....look at your old work and see what you did right and want could have been changed........most of all, don't push yourself less you write something that will not be up to your writing skill.

Don't worry, every writer has writers block, just relax and maybe wait season two before you do anything esle.

I have a supersized load of writer's block right now...Im begging that S2 will help me get over it. Also, reading other fanfics (that were good) always helped as well....the thing is, I havent read all summer. I hated summer, I didnt do crap, and made my creativity go 'splat'. Aiya, this aint fun. You got a point though OBoy, one should not push themselves too hard, or they will end up forgetting why they wrote in the first place.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby OB-waN » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:07 pm

Yup, remember that your young. You have a lot of time to write a fiction. Just go slow and it will come to you....trust the man who wrote G.T.E. '05 without even wanting to.....your fic will come, good luck guys

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Little Vili » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:13 pm

I've decided that Im going to develop my own original Final Fantasy story line. Im going to spend a year on the project before I realease it though. I plan for this project to be even bigger than G-Force's story. (Though bigger isnt always better....I will make sure that it has no flaws...I have so much to do).
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby OB-waN » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:17 pm

Little Vili wrote:I've decided that Im going to develop my own original Final Fantasy story line. Im going to spend a year on the project before I realease it though. I plan for this project to be even bigger than G-Force's story. (Though bigger isnt always better....I will make sure that it has no flaws...I have so much to do).

Cool, I will help if you want....just ask and I'm there...good luck Vili, you will do well....always do so.

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby SamBlob » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:24 pm

Little Vili wrote: What I hate about writing good stories is, you cant enjoy them as much as the other readers.

I can't say that I agree with you. I don't know of any story I submitted that I didn't enjoy writing or don't enjoy re-reading.

Little Vili wrote:
OBoy #1 wrote:Dude, you need to read your old fics....that ALWAYS helps me write things....look at your old work and see what you did right and want could have been changed........most of all, don't push yourself less you write something that will not be up to your writing skill.

I have a supersized load of writer's block right now...Im begging that S2 will help me get over it. Also, reading other fanfics (that were good) always helped as well....the thing is, I havent read all summer. I hated summer, I didnt do crap, and made my creativity go 'splat'. Aiya, this aint fun. You got a point though OBoy, one should not push themselves too hard, or they will end up forgetting why they wrote in the first place.

I have had writer's block for some time now, especially with "The Outlaw", which I haven't touched since January. All I've done since then is "Yumi's Last Secret", which I hoped would unclog "The Outlaw", but it didn't...
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby OB-waN » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:39 pm

I just read NightShade, and I must say that this kid is good. A fic in three hours, maybe I sould try my hand at this fiction stuff..I do love to read them and I own a fiction site so...I think I will, what do you guys think, sould I go for it or stick with the threads???

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby SamBlob » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:12 pm

Go for it!
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:25 pm

SamBlob wrote:
Little Vili wrote: What I hate about writing good stories is, you cant enjoy them as much as the other readers.

I can't say that I agree with you. I don't know of any story I submitted that I didn't enjoy writing or don't enjoy re-reading.

Same here. I love to write! It's fun coming up with storylines and turning them into actual words on a page. And there's nothing more satisfying than a good review for a fic well-written! ^_^ Writing fanfiction isn't easy all the time, but it definitely is enjoyable! :)

SamBlob wrote:
Little Vili wrote:

I have had writer's block for some time now, especially with "The Outlaw", which I haven't touched since January. All I've done since then is "Yumi's Last Secret", which I hoped would unclog "The Outlaw", but it didn't...

XD When I first joined FF.net, I uploaded two fics...and then didn't upload a thing more until about three years or so later. ^^; Writer's block really can be annoying at times...but interesting and often really cool things can come out of it. Like "Yumi's Last Secret" for example... :D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Little Vili » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:24 am

Mewberries151 wrote:And there's nothing more satisfying than a good review for a fic well-written!

yeah, I just got a review for one of my stories again yesterday asking when I was going to update (cuz he or she liked it a lot)...If I could answer that question to the person...they wouldnt like the answer.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby OB-waN » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:03 am

I'm going to do it!!!! I'm going to write a fiction, I have a idea and I'm going to try and run with it. I have the title "Stupid" and the fic is going to be a Odd/Yumi or Ulrich/Yumi. This is going to be a love fiction about one of the couples I just said.....doing things that we do like making out and ALMOST having sex but stoping just before anyone get disrobed.....so, look for it sometime maybe later this week or early next week.

Oh, guys....PLEASE, PLEASE Post some of your fics at OBK. NeoDude is pissed that no one is going to the site, so I'm I...so PLEASE as my friend try and go at least once a week just to check it out. I made it just for you writers so post you work there PLEASE!!!!

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby MY85 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:30 pm

OBoy #1 wrote:NeoDude is pissed that no one is going to the site, so I'm I...so PLEASE as my friend try and go at least once a week just to check it out. I made it just for you writers so post you work there PLEASE!!!!

I knew it!! He only gives a s**t for his fanfics...
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby OB-waN » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:37 pm

[Edited by OBoy #1 because I can, it's my post!!! :nyeh!: ]
Last edited by OB-waN on Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Snarky Jargon » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:57 am

Heh. While I'm enjoying the traffic, you wouldn't mind directing your pleas to a more noticable area--ie General Discussion, or start spamming the heck out of people with PMs?

Thanks for the review for Nightshade and advice to get over the writer's block, by the way.
like that flower.

-Kubo Taito
Snarky Jargon offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Star Way » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:35 pm

Yeah, Oboy, I know you have good intentions, but that's really pretty rude... :/
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby OB-waN » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:58 pm

Sorry SW, I didn't mean it in a rude way, I'll just take it down now. I not really getting on your good side am I.

I'm so sorry SW..... ;__;

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Star Way » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:04 pm

Ehh, don't worry... I'm not mad at you or anything. I'm just saying that it really ticks people off when there's all these OT posts about visiting their site and etc... It's really nothing personal.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby OB-waN » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:09 pm

Oh, OBK....yeah, I'm sorry for making ads about that...i would want you yo spam my site with your site. I understand and will not say anything esle about OBK Production here at LF.

Oh, SJ sorry for spaming your review board....your fics so rock!!!!

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Next