Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:40 am

Shameless Self Promotion. Fear.

For fanfic writers/readers. Post your fics, or recommend one that you thought was good!

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:30 pm

Weren't you the writer of "Broken Code" as well? Whatever happened to that fic? It's no longer in your profile...I'm just curious since I saw it's summary at LF's fanfic section and it looked really interesting. ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Snarky Jargon » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:12 am

Coda? Yeah, it's currently being revised--I decided to take it down while I finish it, because otherwise it's going to wind up being messed up and confusing while I try to decide what to write and what to delete. I don't do very well in chaptered fiction unless I write it all down and then post, heh.

But it'll be back up sometime, hopefully before the end of the year.
We think the flower on the precipice is beautiful
Because our fear make our feet stop at its edge
instead of stepping forward into the sky
like that flower.

-Kubo Taito
Snarky Jargon offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby OB-waN » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:16 am

Great SJ, I am now one of your fans. Your a great writer and your stories are just pure gold.

Good luck with the next one!!! :nyeh!:
This user has been banned.

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Location: In some galaxy, fighting with my Ominwrench 8000!!!

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:13 pm

Snarky Jargon wrote:Coda? Yeah, it's currently being revised--I decided to take it down while I finish it, because otherwise it's going to wind up being messed up and confusing while I try to decide what to write and what to delete. I don't do very well in chaptered fiction unless I write it all down and then post, heh.

But it'll be back up sometime, hopefully before the end of the year.

^^; Sorry. I meant "Coda" but typed "Code". X) Anyway, good to hear you didn't delete it for good. I was rather interested in reading it! Good luck with your revisions and I look forward to reading it! :D

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Snarky Jargon » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:17 am

...to be honest, I'm beginning to like "Code" better than "Coda" now that you've brought it up. Oho.

But yeah. I realized it was taking me a little bit too long to get to the point of it. My style is apparently not meant to tackle long projects. Or maybe that's just my brain. But no, Coda is definitely reappearing. It has been slowly eating away. at. my. BRAIN. for the last few weeks.

Aahh... thanks to OBoy and Mewberries. And to Star Way for redirecting this thread on topic. (I'm slow, wut.)
like that flower.

-Kubo Taito
Snarky Jargon offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:22 am

Snarky Jargon wrote:...to be honest, I'm beginning to like "Code" better than "Coda" now that you've brought it up. Oho.

But yeah. I realized it was taking me a little bit too long to get to the point of it. My style is apparently not meant to tackle long projects. Or maybe that's just my brain. But no, Coda is definitely reappearing. It has been slowly eating away. at. my. BRAIN. for the last few weeks.

Aahh... thanks to OBoy and Mewberries. And to Star Way for redirecting this thread on topic. (I'm slow, wut.)

XD You're welcome! "Coda" is pretty original and unique wording though. Hardly anyone uses it nowadays so it makes it extra special! :D

Anyway, I can definitely understand the trials of fanfiction. I have a terrible time finishing and uploading much of anything fanfiction-wise, probably for the same reasons. I can totally commiserate on the "eating away" too. I've got at least two fanfic ideas eating at me right now, but I can't do a thing about either one due to a lack of inspiration to write. ^^; It must just be something fanfiction does to a person. ;)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Snarky Jargon » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:15 am

Mewberries151 wrote:XD You're welcome! "Coda" is pretty original and unique wording though. Hardly anyone uses it nowadays so it makes it extra special! :D

Anyway, I can definitely understand the trials of fanfiction. I have a terrible time finishing and uploading much of anything fanfiction-wise, probably for the same reasons. I can totally commiserate on the "eating away" too. I've got at least two fanfic ideas eating at me right now, but I can't do a thing about either one due to a lack of inspiration to write. ^^; It must just be something fanfiction does to a person. ;)

Ahaha. I used to take the piano, so that was my first introduction to the word. It was also supposed to have a weird, symbolic meaning until my brain flatlined and I went, "No, I don't like this" and deleted everything except the first chapter and began rewriting. D:

Yeah, it drives me insane. It's really annoying knowing how to start, but not doing too well on finishing. Because, you know. CRAZY. Still, writing fanfiction (and finishing it. definitely finishing.) is very satisfying, although that's just a feeling I get from writing anything. I don't think I'd give up on fan fiction even if it drives me crazy. (Or sued. Did I mention sued?) We all get false starts every now and then.

Hah. You've caught my interest--you write for the fandom, too? I'll be looking out for your stuff. Sadly enough, I think I'll read just about anything in the Code: LYOKO fandom if it's spellchecked and doesn't have any brand new transfer students. *Sigh* My standards have hit a low point for this fandom, I'm afraid.
like that flower.

-Kubo Taito
Snarky Jargon offline
New Kid
New Kid

Previous