Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:01 pm

Ex Libris Lyoko (Completed!)

For fanfic writers/readers. Post your fics, or recommend one that you thought was good!

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby SilverPrince » Sun May 18, 2008 10:36 pm

Did you think I forgot about Ex Libris Lyoko? I certainly did not. I simply pushed it to the back due to Un Monde Sans Paix. I'm currently in the process of restructuring UMSP, so I decided to devote extra time to my first project. I am writing Jeremie's story, it seemed to be easier. Also, here's something to sate your appetites- the family trees of the Lyoko Warriors, plus Sissi and Franz, or at least the family trees of them in the 422 universe. I forgot what Yumi's mother's name was, and Ulrich's father, if they were ever mentioned on screen, so I made them up. I also made up maiden names and birth years.

PLEASE NOTE. It contains a hint about Jeremie's story, a "spoiler" of sorts. It also reveals an easter egg that I inserted in the stories of Franz, Odd, and Aelita. If you want to figure it out on your own, go read them. Otherwise, click here. PS: It's in my handwriting, so be warned, it's kinda illegible.

Solid horizontal lines indicate marriage. Dashed horizontal lines indicate "other". Vertical solid lines indicate parentage.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun May 18, 2008 10:42 pm

Yumi's mom's name is Akiko (I think I told you this...^_^;). Neither of Ulrich's parents ever had a name.

Anyway, nice timeline! I especially like the whole name-inheritance thing with Ulrich and his dad. I had that idea too...except in my mind, he was a III, but that's just a tiny detail. It kinda makes their relationship a bit more...sad, y'know? Uh. Yeah. I'm rambling.

I also like the little "who cares" bars. The random raepist and Mr. Johannes need to be locked in a room and hit with bats repeatedly.
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Sun May 18, 2008 10:45 pm

Yes, you told me that, but I forgot and deleted most of my PMs because my inbox was getting full. So that's my bad.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:36 am

It's about 1:30 AM here in the Eastern Time Zone, and I just finished Ex Libris Lyoko- Jeremie. It's one of my longer ones, but I focused heavily on a particular point in his childhood. There are only two left, Yumi and Ulrich. I don't know which one I'll do next. I'm aiming to have it all done by August 13th, which will be one year from the date I first added XLL to fanfiction.net.

Oh, and here's the obligatory "ZOMFG 422 WROTE ANOTHER EX LIBRIS LYOKO?!?!?!???!1one" comment.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:27 am

First, don't doble-post. Second, nice banner. And third, do Ulrich first.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Phoenix Wolf » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:34 pm

In Odds back story you have him born on Sept 30... That is my birthday....COOL
Where Reality Ends and Virtuality Begins!!!
Catch Ya On The Flipside!!
Phoenix Wolf offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Location: Searching for LadyLucy....Happy to be recovered from anxiey...

Postby Taelia » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:37 am

Jeremie... was... adopted?

(faints)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:43 am

Taelia wrote:Jeremie... was... adopted?

(faints)

Of course! Everyone knows that Jeremie was found inside a rocket from a dying world... it's the only explanation as to how he's so smart!

Wow, I just utterly failed to make a superman/alien joke...
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:15 pm

Well, sure! We all know that Jeremie's father looks absolutely nothing like him. We all assumed that he must really take after his mother, but I had another idea. Or was it Carth that helped me out with that one? If it was, many thanks to Carth.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:41 pm

Yes, it was me. BASK IN MY GLORY YOU MORTAL FOOLS.

I'll read this in a sec. Just to tell you, you've got an extra copy of your first sentence in the beginning. Can't wait to read the other two! :D
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:13 pm

>.>

I meant to do that. It, uh... the repetition adds to the... suspense or drama or something. IT'S A CLEVER PLOT DEVICE.

*sigh* I'll fix it later.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sciron » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Lawl. Nice. :P

And Jeremie's one is great. Except I'm a little...awestruck...at his adoption. But it definitely fits into his personality. :D
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Postby SilverPrince » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:38 pm

Okay. Here's the deal. The fact of the matter is that I honestly do not think I will be able to finish Ex Libris Lyoko. For some strange reason, I simply cannot come up with anything for Ulrich or Yumi. So here's the deal, Lyoko Freak.

I am considering a contest. I will, somehow, finish Ulrich Stern. However, I think I may just open Yumi Ishiyama to anyone who wants to write it. A contest, with people submitting entries that, if selcted, will be featured as Yumi's installment of Ex Libris Lyoko.

What do you think, people of Lyoko Freak? Would anybody here be interested in digging me out of this hole that I have dug myself into? Or is this a bad idea? I need your thoughts.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:47 pm

Oooo! Oooo! If you do eventually decide to do the contest, I'll put in an entry! I wanna write stuff again. Are there any specific things you necessarily want in each entry? I'll include them if you want. And stuff. Yeah. 8D
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:55 pm

Well, Yumi will need to show up at a specific point. This point will be in 2003, just after Sissi's brother dies. Sissi is gone for a week after Sebastian dies, and I have it so that when she comes back, she now has to compete with Yumi over Ulrich, who has developed a crush on the new girl.

Which I just now realized is non-canon because they didn't ever meet until the prequel. -_- Oh well, XLL is already so far from canon that I suppose that doesn't matter.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:49 pm

Hm...I could work with that. 8D Just one question, though- how old are they in 2003? I don't exactly know the year the show starts, so...
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:04 pm

Yumi was born, according to this family tree thing I made, in the Japanese year Heisei 3, which corresponds to 1991. Code Lyoko starts in 2004, I think. October 9th, 2004, to be exact, the date of the prequel.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:21 pm

Awesomeness. I've just written out a little summary of points I've thought up, and I'm ready to write things and stuff. Thank you~! *writes*
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:16 pm

Well, then I am officially opening a contest. THE RULES ARE AS FOLLOWS:

It must be between 2,300 and 2,700 words, according to Microsoft Word's word counter.
It must fit in with the established continuity of the already written installments of Ex Libris Lyoko.
It must also not deviate too much from established CL canon. Slight slips are fine, because I've already made so fricking many of them.
Not like I need to remind you, but it has to be clean. No swearing, not even in Japanese. "Baka" is OK though.
And finally, you may submit only one entry.

The winning entry will be chosen August 13th, the one year anniversary of Ex Libris Lyoko.

If your submission is chosen, I will give you both credit when I put it online and my undying gratitude forever and ever. So get to it, Lyoko Freak! Fill in the blank that not even the forum's resident Biographer could fill.
Last edited by SilverPrince on Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:51 pm

Sorry for the double post. But IT IS DONE. Assuming I get at least one entry for the Yumi contest, *pokes Carth* (though I would prefer there be more than one) IT IS FINALLY DONE. I have finished Ex Libris Lyoko- Ulrich Stern. I am not going back to edit the former chapters, I am not writing any additional chapters for minor characters. I. Am. Done.

Ulrich Stern is up on Fanfiction.net and Lyoko Freaker's Fiction.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:36 pm

YAAAAY! Congratuations on finishing your first finished fic! It feels gud. *hugs 422*

Imma go read it right now. My contest entry is about half-done- I know my substance, and I've got most of it written out. I just have to finish it up and add details. (The big challenge is the word limit- I usually write about 8K a chapter. 8D;)
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:56 pm

Ulrich's backstory reminds me of my own father.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sciron » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:40 pm

Great job with Ulrich. :D Somehow I didn't expect something like that, but strangely it fits perfectly. Great job.

Also...did Ulrich just loose his intellect before the show started, or just loose interest in trying to push himself for his father? Because as I remember reading, it ended with Ulrich "still at the top of his class"...>>
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby SilverPrince » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:44 pm

Well, I said next to nothing about the year in which the sequel takes place, so we can assume that Ulrich's grades started to slip then. I'm sorry, I just wanted to get this done with.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sciron » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:01 pm

Ah okay. And it's still great. :D
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

PreviousNext