Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:44 am

Return To The Past (T) (Complete)

For fanfic writers/readers. Post your fics, or recommend one that you thought was good!

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Carth » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:25 pm

XANA? Childish? Naw. He's just having fun with his drama skillz in that chapter. :P.

Because I feel kinda bad for not having finished, i'll post three little snippets of what I do have written, for your squealiness. Spoilers ahead.

\
\
\

She pointed to three other boys. “Help him carry Mr. Hopper to the infirmary.”

“You like her, don’t you?”

Chris glanced sideways at Jeremie, looked back, and did a double take.

“Aelita. You really like her, right?”

“What’s it to you?” Chris's voice was antagonistic.

“Oh, Jean-Pierre,” Ms. Hertz said suddenly, and he turned around. A sly smile crossed her face. “Say Medea were to die. Say, tomorrow. Would you go insane like him?”

Jean-Pierre stared at her incredulously.

Okay, I think i've spoiled enough. :D
Carth offline

Postby Malkmusian » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:48 pm

Cool spoilers. I can see how that story ends.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:28 pm

Carth wrote:Oh, and not to poke Mew, but do you like the story? *totally poking Mew* :D

:*D

Embarassingly, I have not read your story yet. *shames shame shuuunnnn* XD; But I will read it soon. *salutes* And I'm sure I'll like it. It looks great, to be sure. :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:27 pm

Yay! Secretly i'd be very extremely honored if you read it :P

Oh, and by the way, Chapter 11 is up. It isn't formatted too well, but I like it.
Carth offline

Postby Tangent128 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:34 pm

Looks good. You're setting up for something...
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby twilightchaos09 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:57 pm

Sooo, a new chapter coming soon?

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Carth » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:24 pm

Why, certainly. I wrote a lot of it today, and I should have it finished by tomorrow.

But, since it has been two weeks since the last update, i present you with some spoilers. Feast yer eyes.

Jeremie couldn’t tell why he couldn’t concentrate that morning.

“Just today.” Jeremie turned his head, placing a look of cool disinterest, even if his nerves were shrieking shriller than Ulrich’s singing in the shower. (The fact that he only ever sang 80’s rock ballads made it even worse. But that’s a story for another day.)

“You’re absolutely correct. I’m a lunatic. And you’re a lunatic, too. Everyone on this whole d*mn earth is a lunatic. That is why we are sane, you see. Understand?”

Side Story
At The Park
Carth offline

Postby twilightchaos09 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:32 pm

So when can we expect chapter 12?

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Carth » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:33 pm

I already said. Tomorrow, tonight if i'm really fast.
Carth offline

Postby twilightchaos09 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:47 pm

Oh, right. Sorry about that. And, cool.

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Carth » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:31 am

It's okay.

Oh, and Chapter 12 will be up within 30 minutes.

Edit: It's up! Dun...dun dun...
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:17 am

When is Jeremie gonna return to his own time?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Malkmusian » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:12 pm

Possible never, Taelia. Good plot line needs to have a never ending story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:14 pm

Oh no, it'll end. In eight more chapters. He'll be home in less than that. :P
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:52 pm

Good. I'd hate to see him be stick in 1994 forever.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Malkmusian » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:02 pm

Taelia wrote:Good. I'd to see him be stick in 1994 forever.

But you can get used to Kurt Cobain being gone and plus, Pavement's on the radio. You can change that by making "Gold Soundz" play more on 99x.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Stonecreek » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:10 am

Finally got around to reading this story (took me two hours, but what else do I need to do with my time?). I enjoyed it a lot, and look forward to where it is going. I could launch into a detailed contstructive criticism about cleaning up your language quirks and streamlining plot, but you're young still. Things liek this are allowed.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Carth » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:19 am

...constructive criticism about language quirks and streamlining plot? :D I'm listening...
Carth offline

Postby Stonecreek » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:36 am

It's just the fact that you're a teenager shows through in your writing style. The bursts of randomness in an otherwise serious story, the little self-referential notes breaking down the fourth wall in the middle of the narrative, the slightly over-the top characterizations...all these things are ecusable because of age. I certainly wasn't as polished as you at that age. Heck, I still don't like to make up stories with huge plots like this one has. I just think the story could be tightened up and still retain the same feeling if you'd shorten or eliminate some of the tangents, but it's the language that is most noticeable. Also bear in mind I'm incredibly picky about what I read. I am a proofreader by profession now (sorta), and it's always been one of my passions. So, the things I'm noticing are small, but overall it would help the feel of the story, and its impact if they were addressed.

P.S. - I love to beta. Do you have one?

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby Carth » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:38 pm

Stonecreek wrote:It's just the fact that you're a teenager shows through in your writing style. The bursts of randomness in an otherwise serious story, the little self-referential notes breaking down the fourth wall in the middle of the narrative, the slightly over-the top characterizations...all these things are ecusable because of age. I certainly wasn't as polished as you at that age. Heck, I still don't like to make up stories with huge plots like this one has. I just think the story could be tightened up and still retain the same feeling if you'd shorten or eliminate some of the tangents, but it's the language that is most noticeable. Also bear in mind I'm incredibly picky about what I read. I am a proofreader by profession now (sorta), and it's always been one of my passions. So, the things I'm noticing are small, but overall it would help the feel of the story, and its impact if they were addressed.

I certainly feel like the plot is too large and unwieldy. I've had this planned from the start, and I think I can close it without TOO many plot holes...though I feel like a few stitches have come loose.

Most of the other stuff, like the randomness, I was already aware of, but I wrote it off as being my own personal 'touch'. That sounds really weird, ne? It's true that some of the tangents could be done without. (I'm kinda impulsive when it comes to humor opportunities.) I'll keep that in mind though :)

No i don't :D while i'd absolutely love/probably need one, to be honest i don't know if i'd actually listen to one :/ Maybe I'll show you the next chapter, see if i'm beyond hope. :D
Carth offline

Postby Stonecreek » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:53 pm

Carth wrote:
Stonecreek wrote:It's just the fact that you're a teenager shows through in your writing style. The bursts of randomness in an otherwise serious story, the little self-referential notes breaking down the fourth wall in the middle of the narrative, the slightly over-the top characterizations...all these things are ecusable because of age. I certainly wasn't as polished as you at that age. Heck, I still don't like to make up stories with huge plots like this one has. I just think the story could be tightened up and still retain the same feeling if you'd shorten or eliminate some of the tangents, but it's the language that is most noticeable. Also bear in mind I'm incredibly picky about what I read. I am a proofreader by profession now (sorta), and it's always been one of my passions. So, the things I'm noticing are small, but overall it would help the feel of the story, and its impact if they were addressed.

I certainly feel like the plot is too large and unwieldy. I've had this planned from the start, and I think I can close it without TOO many plot holes...though I feel like a few stitches have come loose.

Most of the other stuff, like the randomness, I was already aware of, but I wrote it off as being my own personal 'touch'. That sounds really weird, ne? It's true that some of the tangents could be done without. (I'm kinda impulsive when it comes to humor opportunities.) I'll keep that in mind though :)

No i don't :D while i'd absolutely love/probably need one, to be honest i don't know if i'd actually listen to one :/ Maybe I'll show you the next chapter, see if i'm beyond hope. :D

Noone who takes the time to actualy write something is beyond hope. Besides, I'm a frank, but gentle beta. I make corrections and suggestions, but it's always up to the author to take them or leave them.

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby Carth » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:32 am

Kay :D

Anyways, I am done with Chapter 13, but I'll give Stoney's beta a try. It'll be up before November 1 in any case.
Carth offline

Postby Stonecreek » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:52 am

Carth wrote:Kay :D

Anyways, I am done with Chapter 13, but I'll give Stoney's beta a try. It'll be up before November 1 in any case.

Chapter is beta'ed and waiting in your inbox.
Last edited by Stonecreek on Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby JesusFreak » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:59 am

Yay, Another chapter is close to realization to the public!

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Carth » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:07 pm

Chapter 13 is online.
Carth offline

PreviousNext