Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:44 am

Code: Siblings?

For fanfic writers/readers. Post your fics, or recommend one that you thought was good!

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Code: Siblings?

Postby Aelitagurl » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:17 pm

I posted this on FF.net, but noone's reviewed or whatever.

Here it is!

Hi peeps This'll be my first non-songfic. Aren't ya glad? Hoorah

I stood at the gates. The annoying and false cheery Social Services woman yakking away about
how nice the school was and how nice the people who had taken me in before gave them the
money to send me here. Okay, so they kicked me out of the house. But I was glad anyway. That
little monster was a nightmare. I was so relieved to be back in the S.S.'s care than the Hillmans.
Their little son, Mathias, the funniest name I had ever heard of, was always making me do stuff
for him. If I didn't, he would tell his parents that I was the worst foster sister he ever had. Even
though I was the ONLY one he ever had. But when he pushed me down the stairs, it was the last
straw. I would've beaten little Matthias into a bloody pulp, except he was so darn cute that I
couldn't bring myself to do it. So I screamed every cuss word I had ever accumulated at the top
of my lungs. Needless to say, it took a lot of explaining to Mathias before he stopped saying
those words. The Hillman parents took me back to S.S. with the Kadic brochure and the money
to send me to that school until I graduated. The Hillman parents were nice people, just not their
little son.

So here I was, standing in front of the massive Kadic gates. I wasn't a very social person, I never
took the time to make friends because I had always been kicked out of foster home to foster
home in all but a month or so after I arrived. But this was my chance. I could make friends. A
new beginning. The school was my music score, ready for me to play my song to the world. That
was another thing the Hillman parents had done for me. They had given me my own electric
guitar, a see through blue one at that. I knew it was expensive, and thanked the Hillman parents
for it very graciously. They knew their son was a little devil, and wanted to make it up to me, but
I just couldn't live with them because Mathias couldn't live with me. AND they got me a new
wardrobe. A nice one at that. They let me pick out whatever I wanted, and bought it for me. The
S.S. gave me all my toiletries. Deodorant, toothbrush, necessary items. And they functioned
well... you could say.

The woman looked down at me. "You'll have so much fun here, California, dear," said the woman.

Yep, that's my name. California. Why? Because my mother was an idiot and she was fourteen
when she had me, then dumped me into the adoption agency before disappearing off to wherever
she went. And she loved California. So she named me that, but she was gonna use Cali as a
nickname when she realized how stupid of a name it was. How do I know this? I guessed for
most of it. Except the fourteen part. She really did have me at fourteen. But I call my mother an
idiot because she just had me, and then dumped me into an adoption agency. I don't even know
if she was gonna call me Cali for short. That was my decision. Because, would you want to be
called California?

"Cali," I mumbled. We walked into the gates.

"You'll make so many friends, California. Oh, the Hillmans were so nice to pay for you to
comehere. They have superb teachers and hard-working students. Oh, you'll fit right in," said the
woman. I knew she thought what all adults thought when they looked at me. Some homeless
punk who thinks they can make it on their own. But her voice was covered in false bright and
cheery tones because that was her job.

I eyed my guitar case, they are pretty nice.

"Well, California, we just need to get some forms signed and then find your room." the woman
said with the same false tone. So we headed into the principal's office.

"Seems like we are able to welcome you here, California," said the principal.

"It's Cali," I said.

"Oh, all right, I'll call you Cali. And I'm Jean-Pierre Delmas, the headmaster here at Kadic. But
you can call me Principal Delmas." He handed me a slip of paper with my room number and
class schedule on it. "I know you should be in sixth grade, but your grades are superb. You
would have a better challenge in the seventh grade."

I took the slip of paper. "Thanks." He was right though, I was very smart. I should be in the sixth
grade since I'm twelve. I picked up a lot of intelligence along my life. I've only gone to school
from fourth to sixth grade, but I aced everything they gave me and they let me stay in the grade I
was in. Not the best education in the world, but I was undoubtedly smart. I got most of my
education from reading.

"Well, I'm sorry I have to leave, California, but I have another appointment I must get to. Maybe
you'll find a friend to help you find your way around school. Goodbye, California!" The false
tone in her voice was definitely getting me annoyed. I didn't bother correcting my name. I was
never going to see her again anyways.

"Maybe you'll find a friend to help you around school my butt," I said aloud. I didn't have much
trouble finding my room. I didn't need anyone to help me find my way around. There was a
thing called a map and I knew how to use one quite well.

I dropped my two suitcases and guitar case onto my bad and sat down. Comfier than the cot at
Gary's house. He only took me in so I could clean the house for him. Lazy and humongous
fellow. He abused me, the S.S. came and let me sue the guy. I didn't get to school that year. But I
did win the case and got 5,000 dollars, which the next foster family greedily took, saying they'd
need it to raise me. At least I went to school there, but they treated me like crap, and sent me off
to the S.S. when their little illegal company went bankrupt and they fled to Canada to escape the
cops.

I took a look at the slip of paper in my hands. "Mz. Hertz, science, building eight, room four," I
read aloud. I remember passing by that building on my way to my room. I took a look at the
mirror before I headed off. Staring back at me were icy blue eyes, shoulder length blond hair
with bold blue streaks in them, a white tank-top with a blue over shirt, a khaki mini-skirt, and
blue tennis shoes. I fixed my hair up into a bun before exiting the room.

"Well class, we have a new student, today," said the woman who was undoubtedly Mz. Hertz.

All the students who looked up kept their eyes on me. I guess they didn't get very many new
students in the middle of the school year. My eyes wandered around the room. They caught on a
wildly dressed boy in purple, with one spike of blond with a patch of purple. A boy in green sat
next to him with his hands behind his head, laughing. And a blond boy with glasses, blue
turtleneck and khaki capris sat in front of them, typing away on a laptop. He didn't even look up.

"Her name is California." people snickered. "California Hester." I had kept the last name of my
mother's all through my life.

"It's Cali," I instinctively said. I finally saw the boy with the laptop. His head had snapped up
when he had heard my last name. Behind his glasses, I saw his eyes. Icy-blue, just like mine.
And then I realized something, I was staring into the male version, of.... Me

I will

Aelitagurl out

That's it so far. Ask for more and yous shall recieve, eventually
~ Emma

Hotel Room #: 569

Visit my CL forum:
My CL Forum
Aelitagurl offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Alex » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:36 pm

A link would be good... then I'll read it and review.
I am the one known as NeoDude in a past life.
---
When you lose your imagination, you lose a part of yourself you can never get back. Never give up, and never accept the mundane. And never stop yourself from dreaming...
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Dummo Marx » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:38 pm

*nods* it's oddly separated in here...mind sparing a link to the FF.net upload?
Who's a man and a half? I'm a man and a half
Dummo Marx offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Aelitagurl » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:38 pm

Well, the formatting messed up on it kinda bad... but it's readable, I guess

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2479648/1/

There ya go!
~ Emma

Visit my CL forum:
My CL Forum
Aelitagurl offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Little Vili » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:58 am

I havent read fanfic in ages, so I probably wont get to it. Sorry bout that, but when you dont watch cl for a long time, you lose touch with the fics as well. Not to mention, I dont really give myself a whole lot of time to look at them. No matter what Im doing, it just doesnt interest me.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Aelitagurl » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:12 pm

Little Vili wrote:I havent read fanfic in ages, so I probably wont get to it. Sorry bout that, but when you dont watch cl for a long time, you lose touch with the fics as well. Not to mention, I dont really give myself a whole lot of time to look at them. No matter what Im doing, it just doesnt interest me.

So true, so true
~ Emma

Visit my CL forum:
My CL Forum
Aelitagurl offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby 4lpha0mega » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:22 pm

nice story, cant wait for the next part, but on FF.com the layout is a bit... unco-ordinated
and... 14? i mean, 14? a mother at 14!? [i know its not that farfetched, as in china there were parents of 9 and 8[world record]]
4lpha0mega offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Aelitagurl » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:14 pm

I know a girl who had her daughter at fourteen. I kinda got mad at her. I even told her what it was gonna lead to, but she didn't believe me. She didn't even pay the price either. Her parents wanted her to keep the baby, but she didn't want it, too much trouble. So she gave it up for adoption. She doesn't even care what happens to it, even now, four years later. I got SO mad at her! I mean, how freaking insesitve! But she learned her lesson. Not having sex till she's married, I mean, unprotected sex. She thinks using a condom will definitely ban her from getting pregnant again! I was (and still am) so disgusted at her, and I haven't talked to her in at least two years.

Makes me sick that some people can be like that!
~ Emma

Visit my CL forum:
My CL Forum
Aelitagurl offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Star Way » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:22 pm

Not so long ago, girls got married around the age of 12-13-14; and having sex at that age was not considered a big deal. It's become taboo now, of course.

I think on the one hand it is rather insensitive to just not care what happens to her child, but on the other hand, she IS only 14; at 14 you have to go to school and stuff, or else she wouldn't be able to take care of the kid anyway when she's off on her own.

Her baby may even be better off without her...
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Dummo Marx » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:24 pm

...what the hell?....

there are so many things wrong with what you just said...(to aelitagurl)

Anyways...the fic needs work....the character is too simple, lacks any kind of chilhood trauma...which is necessary judging by the fact that her forster dad touched her....

She needs a lot of work, and with that, so does her backstory, which includes the majority of the fiction....
Dummo Marx offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Star Way » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:25 pm

Well, by not so long ago, I don't mean yesterday... I mean like a hundred-so years ago.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Little Vili » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:54 pm

Like back in the middle ages and such, where people only lived to about 30-40 (and were condisidered to be gods (not literally) if they made 60 or more)
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Dummo Marx » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:07 pm

.....wow....sooooo astonashing...I think I just creamed my pants...
Dummo Marx offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Star Way » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:08 pm

Werwek wrote:.....wow....sooooo astonashing...I think I just creamed my pants...

Wanna get to the point?

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Dummo Marx » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:09 pm

nah....I just did it to honor the offtopicness of it all....
Dummo Marx offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Alex » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:38 pm

Just read the new chapter... looks good! The formatting's back to normal as well.
I am the one known as NeoDude in a past life.
---
When you lose your imagination, you lose a part of yourself you can never get back. Never give up, and never accept the mundane. And never stop yourself from dreaming...
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Aelitagurl » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:44 pm

Yes. Formatting is back to normal. Praise the Gods who live to 60!!!!

Thank you Werwek, for the insight on the trauma. I'll do what I can.
~ Emma

Visit my CL forum:
My CL Forum
Aelitagurl offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Aelitagurl » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:46 pm

Werwek wrote:...what the hell?....

Like what? What did I say that was SO wrong?
~ Emma

Visit my CL forum:
My CL Forum
Aelitagurl offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Star Way » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:52 pm

Haha, I think he was talking to me.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Aelitagurl » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:15 am

Oh. Nvm then
~ Emma

Visit my CL forum:
My CL Forum
Aelitagurl offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby SamBlob » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:29 am

I just read all four of your fics. "Code: Siblings" is the only one I haven't reviewed. I'll wait until I have an idea where it's going first...

"Like China" was quite good!
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Aelitagurl » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:42 pm

Thamk you! That was the first one I ever wrote...

I like Phil Collins a lot...

Probably because my Mom always played it in the car when I was younger, and I liked the tune even though I didn't even know what the song was about.
~ Emma

Visit my CL forum:
My CL Forum
Aelitagurl offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby MY85 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:27 pm

Aelitagurl wrote:I like Phil Collins a lot...

Probably because my Mom always played it in the car when I was younger, and I liked the tune even though I didn't even know what the song was about.

Hmmm... that's kind of the way I hated Pink Floyd. My dad years ago when he was drunk, he used to put the Pink Floyd Cd's on high volume, and it was very annoying...
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby 4lpha0mega » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:56 pm

about the god-of-60 thing, in ancient eygpt a pharoah lived to 70, which is the equivelent of 210today, and was considered a god

traumatised against pink floyd? i like pink floyd, and not only becouse of the name... well... mostly becouse of the name

and i think it would be much better to just go through it and start new lines where appropriate, and it seems kinda unorganized

and a mother of 14, she must have been 13, or early 14 when her son/daughter was concieved, i mean, thats just stupid, but i think its proberbly better she have him/her away
4lpha0mega offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SamBlob » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:46 pm

The Catholic church allows girls to marry at the age of 14 (but DOES NOT RECOMMEND IT!). This is mainly because Mary was 14 when she married Joseph...
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Next