Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 pm

I am making a Code Lyoko computer game.

For the wonderful fan artists of Code Lyoko.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

I am making a Code Lyoko computer game.

Postby ccallahan » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:59 pm

I figured at this rate we will never get our promised MMORPG unless we make it ourselves. Therefor, I am taking things into my own hands. I am currently developing a multiuser dungeon, or MUD, in the theme of the Code Lyoko universe. Once I get confident I have a stable example, I will be asking for the following:

* Developers
* Builders
* Testers

Developers will be tasked with maintaining the code base (which is in JavaScript/NodeJS).
Builders will be charged with writing the campaign and making sure everything plays nice together. The scripting is in YAML (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaml
A testers job is to, well, test. Make sure everything works correctly and then report back if something blows up.

Stay tuned for updates!

ccallahan offline
Developer

Re: I am making a Code Lyoko computer game.

Postby TechnoSam » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:59 am

I could probably be a tester. If this is Java, would it work on a Mac?

This christmas break, I'm gonna start learning Java, so I might be able to help out a little. Or at least watch someone else develop so that I can learn something.
TechnoSam offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby enphinite » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Yeah I can program some, I suppose I could try. Being in the army close to christmas is gonna give me a lot of free time so sure. First we need a better way to communicate than this website. Here http://www.chatzy.com/42818431901861. I think that should work. anyway this is worth a shot i guess.

enphinite offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:53 pm

I'd be glad to help out on this project! I have some experience with Javascript (none with Node, unfortunately) and I guess YAML would be easy enough to learn.

First things first, if you want people to help you code it, I'd strongly, strongly suggest you set up a GitHub repo and come up with a basic roadmap. Try to get that out of the way before we begin development.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:45 am

Roadmaps are vital, yes.

I'm a bit busy with other projects to commit to anything here, but I have made HTML5 games before and so can at least offer advice on the client-graphics-etc side. (Also done network coding / Linux sysadmining, but I assume if you know what Node is you know enough to handle that. )
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ccallahan » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:37 pm

I have been fooling around and found a codebase I like, so I am starting development.

Bitbucket Project: https://bitbucket.org/lyokomud/lyokomud
IRC Channel (I'm ccallahan): irc://irc.freenode.net/#lyokomud

I am currently setting up a mailing list. More on that soon. Checkout the code and start playing with it. This will be a learning experience for all of us.

Apple, PM me on Freenode and I will add you as a developer to the Bitbucket project.

ccallahan offline
Developer

Postby Ikatsui » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:27 pm

I'd be happy to help out. My coding skills aren't exactly up to par, but I like to think that I'm a decent guy to bounce ideas off of.
Ikatsui offline
New Kid
New Kid