Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm

Possible Code Lyoko Game

For the wonderful fan artists of Code Lyoko.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Possible Code Lyoko Game

Postby TeganGibby » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:45 am

This seemed like the best place to post this; art applies to video games.

So I have always wanted Code Lyoko to have an awesome game based on it and have recently become competent enough in related fields to actually do something about it.

My proposal is this: an open world based game heavily influenced by Persona allowing you to transition between Lyoko and the real world while playing as one of the main characters. You would go through school life in a fashion similar to the Persona games (abbreviated view of each day, occasional interruption for relevant dialogue during the day or Lyoko/XANA-related events). The game would cover the entire original series with a bunch of extra content thrown in.

Each day would basically work as the recent Persona games do - wake up, school, free time afterwards that you can use for multiple things - social interaction, exploration, training in Lyoko, etc. This would probably not include things such as studying, as I don't really feel like managing your time like that would be fun in a Lyoko game. You could suffer from sleep deprivation with excessive training in Lyoko, however.

The gameplay would be a unique blend of acrobatic platforming and combat, allowing a fluid combat system and freeform movement with ease of control. The physics would be exaggerated in Lyoko, but the same general system would apply to real-world gameplay as well.

I would attempt to add a cel-shading-type filter to the graphics in real world mode; no promises there.

How to manage a time sort of system is up for debate - allow infinite free time but only one activity per time period, maybe?

You would be able to take quests to earn money/items/experience/etc. I don't like a complete level-based system, but using experience towards new abilities and upgrading old ones is my plan.

You all would hopefully submit quest/event ideas (we would have more XANA encounters than just what happens in the show) and resources for use within this game.

So, what do you think? Would you be interested/would there be enough fan participation to allow me to make this a reality? I can't do it on my own, so if no one will contribute, I won't be able to do anything, but this could be an amazing summer project for me.

TeganGibby offline
New Kid
New Kid

Re: Possible Code Lyoko Game

Postby ccallahan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:28 pm

I was thinking something similar, only make it a text-based MUD. That way it's simple, and it can give the writers of the forum a easier time with making content.

ccallahan offline
Developer

Postby Cralex » Tue May 14, 2013 1:50 am

I've never had the pleasure of playing Persona, but that sounds like a fascinating concept. If this ever gets anywhere, I'm in. This series was MADE to be represented in game-form!
Cralex offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby LyokoMan95 » Thu May 16, 2013 10:13 pm

If some one can rig some models I can try to make a POC in Unity3D
LyokoMan95 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid