Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am

Code: Pokémon Take 2

For the wonderful fan artists of Code Lyoko.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Code: Pokémon Take 2

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:23 am

Hello everyone; you might be wondering as to why my last thread was locked. Well, I actually got the motivation to begin working on my hack again, and since I didn't want to bother editing the old thread and having confusion over the old and new comments, why not make a shiny new thread?

So... yeah. This time around, I'm not gonna have those headers describing everything; those were a pain to make. So plain text it is!

Code: Pokémon
Technical Information:
Hack of: Pokémon FireRed (US 1.0)
Programs used (tentative):
Advance Map
Advance Pallete Editor
A-Starter
A-Text (for those things I can't change through scripting)
A-Trainer
Hex Editor
IrfanView
Logic Express 8 (MIDI editing/creation)
Lunar IPS
Midi2GBA/Sappy (looking for an alternative; Sappy is extremely buggy)
Nameless Tile Map Editor
Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition
PET
Professional Tilemap Creator
unLZ
XSE (quite possibly one of the greatest script editors ever)
Yet Another Pokémon Editor

Description:
It's roughly 2004. The Great War has been raging for several years at this point, and your town has been able to stay out of it. But in an unexpected military move, the army of Orre rebels overtakes your peaceloving city and forms a blockade around it. No one is allowed to leave or enter the city, and no air aid has come to the doomed city.

Then, the storm comes.

As if it wasn't hard enough with the faltering food supplies, the rain lasts for several days, unstoppable and unrelenting. The giant storm drains running under the city are worked to their capacity, and even with them it's very hard to survive. The Pokémon in the city try to help out as much as possible by using moves like Sunny Day, but even those fail in their times of need. Growing desperate, the city council manages to choose you as a likely candidate for escaping the blockade to get help, due to your small size and agility. In a daring act of escape, you manage to break out of the city with your best friend... but none were expecting the news coming back.

Screenshots:
None at the moment. Instead of posting the raw files from my work, I'm going to be posting screenshots from my emulator to show how it will actually be.

Soundtrack:
I want to insert my own music into this hack, rather than using the FR/LG soundtrack, so I'm making my own MIDIs.
So far, I've finished two songs:
Invincibility
Evolution
And this will be in there too (I have a MIDI of it):
Still Alive (Really, this would fit perfect for XANA. Don't tell me it wouldn't).[/url]
Last edited by TheAppleFreak on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Carth » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:25 pm

Yay! Can't wait to see how you're doing! This is a big and awesome-sounding project and I'm confident you can pull it off.
Carth offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sun May 02, 2010 10:13 am

Just updated with some new information and the song "Invincibility."
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:12 pm

It's been a while, hasn't it?

While no actual work on the ROM itself has been made recently, I've been making new music for the hack.

I actually composed the first copy of the newest song today; "Evolution." You know how in the Pokémon games when a Pokémon evolves, the BGM is do do do do do do do dooooo do do do do do do do DOOOO and so on and so forth? Remixed the song and added in a little surprise for Code Lyoko fans about a minute through! :) Song will be uploaded tomorrow or Wednesday, after I work out a few kinks in the way that I arranged it and convert it into a Youtube video.

I'm probably going to begin serious work on it after finals end (Wednesday) or after I finish preparing for the Pokémon Video Game Championship tournament (Saturday), so expect more from me then.

EDIT: Decided to upload my first draft. Link is in the main post and here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f-uS8Zofhw
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Tekirai » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:49 pm

Quite nice for just an evolution theme - almost too nice. I think it would be a waste to not use the track in other parts of the game. 8o

Invincibility I also like, your slight deviation from the original Starman tune makes it sound a lot better and more original.

...you're making me want to do some music, too. 8( Mario Paint Composer has its limits. What software do you use to make your MIDIs? *would look, but it's late and I'm posting this before going to sleep zzzz*

Also, my advice for VGC: Dark Void Smeargle, sun/rain teams. Be prepared for all of those, but don't expect them. |B
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:00 pm

Tekirai wrote:Also, my advice for VGC: Dark Void Smeargle, sun/rain teams. Be prepared for all of those, but don't expect them. |B

I think I'm well prepared. Lead MAchamp/Metagross; Meta uses a CS Explosion while Machamp uses Protect, Smeargle comes in, throws in a Dark Void of my own, Skill Swaps No Guard, Sheer Cold's the rest. With 252 Speed EVs, it should be a pain to take out.

Oh, and I'm using Logic Express 8. Pretty damn good MIDI engine, TBH.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Tangent128 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:18 pm

Catchy track! Though the bonus starts out with a bit of a monotonous throbbing...
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:21 am

Tangent128 wrote:Catchy track! Though the bonus starts out with a bit of a monotonous throbbing...

That's what I want to fix. The beginning and end aren't too good, IMO.

Also, this song will be in there, if not for the fact that it fits XANA perfectly.
"This was a trimuph,
I'm making a note here,
HUGE SUCCESS...
TheAppleFreak offline