Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 am

Carthy's House of Other Various Artistic Endeavours

For the wonderful fan artists of Code Lyoko.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Carthy's House of Other Various Artistic Endeavours

Postby Carth » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:26 pm

Man, that's a long thread title. Anyway...some of you might remember when I posted art here a long long long time ago. Frankly, I sucked. I still kind of suck, but I'm feeling more confident about my style now. Here's the art I like from DA.

Aelita Sketch- Kind of old, but still good. I like the dress.

Limited Vocabulary- A comic I did. Read. Or rather, just look.

Meme- A CL meme that's been circulating. I did it.

Happy Ulrich- It's Ulrich. And he's happy. Not much to say about this one.

"Yaar." - Posted this about five minutes ago. Just a standard picture of XANA-William. I like it, because it's the first time I posted my new (better) style of drawing eyes.

Um...enjoy it. If that's possible. :D
Carth offline

Postby Andy Waltfeld » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:58 pm

Your people's eyes have that strange Craig McCracken-esque appeal to them. Especially Ulrich.
My SN is spelled Feld, not Field. Keep getting it right, Carth.
I has opinions. On things.

Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN: Because if you're gonna ninja while wearing orange, you may as well quit taking the rest of it seriously.
Andy Waltfeld offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MemoAwesome » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:19 pm

Hooray, Carth!

I love the happy Ulrich and Limited Vocabulary.

Like I said like...four minutes ago, you have a great style!
"Go to lunch; I'll stay here, and try to work all this out,
If anything happens, I'll give you a shout."
~A poem, By Jeremy Belpois
MemoAwesome offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby SilverPrince » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:39 pm

This is awesome, kthx. Your drawing of Sissi in that meme one was realy cool. I also like the one with William and Johnny. And not for the reason you may think. Srsly. >.>

OMG! I can comprehend the one in Japanese! This makes me moderately pleased. Also, I like the happy Ulrich one, especially the eyes. Is it weird that it reminds me of Zac Efron? >.>

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:24 pm

No, that's not weird. Lol WilliamJohnny. I've toyed with that idea in my head sometimes...one-sided, of course.

Anyway, thank you! I just got a new drawing program- a free trial of PaintTool Sai, which would be a thousand bamilion times greater than Photoshop if it had a text editor- and in trying it out, i made these two pieces. Enjoy, I guess.

The Odd Della Robbia Experience- A test. It makes little sense, but it's there, and it's CL-related.

that guy. - This hear be my OC! He'll be showing up in Five- he's a Project Carthage person guy. Probably the best digital piece I've ever done. His hair is fluffyyy.
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:55 pm

I have several relatives named Wesley, it's a common name in my family. Just thought I'd share that. That is a pretty awesome drawing, I must say. I like the fluffy hair, and the suit is a nice touch.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby emoBillâ„¢ » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:33 pm

I don't think that's a gay name. It's just very formal and kinda British sounding xP

Anyway, he is cuuute! I like the meme and the Ulrich/William fight, they were both really good. Both styles of eyes are really neat...they look fine. I wish I just came up with my own style of eyes XD
___________________Image
emoBillâ„¢ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:17 pm

So I've been drawing some lately. Now that I think I've got figures down, I need to figure out how to make backgrounds! Or poses. Won't that be fun.

Some of this is older, but it's not posted here, so I'll post it here if I still like it.

Older-

Outfit Redesigns- Old, and I've since re-designed a few of these (like Ulrich's), but I still like it. Was supposed to be part of a contest no one entered.

Pen Tool One, Two, and Three- Actually not really art, except sort of the second part of #3. Just me playing around with the pen tool in my CS4 trial.

Pose Study With Odd- Just random old doodles of Odd. Some are good, some are not.

Newer-

To Sketch A Dead Horse- Just a random sketch sheet. A lot of these are shading style tests.

Yumi + Kamineko- A color version of one of the drawings I posted in BKO! It's just Yumi getting nommed on by a cat.

Five-Les Masques Sketch- This I did today and I'm really proud of it. It's based off a concept I have for Five for a disguise system for the Warriors. Each of the masks is a design element exclusive to their old Lyoko outfits. (Did anyone notice that Aelita's facial markings moved? Look at her outfits. They did.) Jeremie with a mustache was just a joke.

Oh, and Deviantart's Five links- Paradise Lost One and Two.
Carth offline

Postby desincarnation » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:14 pm

I'll have to watch your scraps since now, too. You can find interesting stuff there, and I keep on forgetting that.
These masks sketch looks intriguing. Can't wait to see the concept actually work in the story.
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Stonecreek » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:17 pm

All your drawings are sweet, in a whimsical way. Those eyes of yours that you draw really tell the character's mood.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Carth » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:24 pm

I LIVE!

I'm trying to get back into actual fanarting again, especially now with something to draw...so, here's what I've done in the past two days.

Contains novel spoilers. Sorry. D:

William, Chapter 10- From the Calendar thread. I would color it, but...I don't really want to. Mechanical pencil.

New Eva, Chapter 13- It's Eva Skinner! Or XANA-posessed Eva Skinner, anyway...

Thomas Jolivet- My first attempt at doing something like the CL style, at least with the eyes and facial structure. Colored pencils, which look a lot better scanned than they do on the paper.

Not sure whether to put these on DA.
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:22 pm

Carth wrote:Thomas Jolivet- My first attempt at doing something like the CL style, at least with the eyes and facial structure. Colored pencils, which look a lot better scanned than they do on the paper.

:D

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:33 pm

SilverPrince wrote:
Carth wrote:Thomas Jolivet- My first attempt at doing something like the CL style, at least with the eyes and facial structure. Colored pencils, which look a lot better scanned than they do on the paper.

:D

8D *gives a Thomas Jolivet*

With all the fixation on him, I was surprised no one ever did any fanart of him...

So now that I accidentally found out I could draw in CL style I'm sketching like mad. It makes me happy.
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:05 pm

Thomas is cute! *_*
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak