Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 am

Carthy's Avvy/Sig Bar

For the wonderful fan artists of Code Lyoko.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Oddfan100 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:59 pm

Thank you so much and thats ok. I couldn't fine that many pictures of him anywise. I'm sorry I haven't posted earlier. The site wasn't working for me for some reason.
Oddfan100 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Location: Watching MBC( I know, like the show -_-) or on Youtube

Postby Carth » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:56 am

Oh, that's alright. Computers and Internet are weird.

I'm posting here with awesomenesstastic news. Yesterday, I downloaded a 30-day free trial of the latest version of Adobe Photoshop, CS3 Extended. I love it to death- so many little options for both drawing and avvysig-making! One super special awesome option is animation- I'm not quite sure how it works yet, but, as far as I know, <s>until the end of July</s> (see below), I can make animated avatars and sigs. Mmyep. 8D

I'm gonna go test it out with some CL clips. Results pending.

EDIT: As I've just discovered, I've actually always had the ability to do animations in my other Photoshop version. They just didn't say anything about it. All I can say is, I'm a dumbarse. And I can do animated stuff from now on. And I still have the Photoshop CS3 free trial. Yay.

Here's my animation test. Watch it well.

And then I tried adding pretty things to it...

I'm happy. 8D

EDIT EDIT: I just found out the ones above are unusuable, because they go over LF's filesize limit. Here are some usable ones. They're slightly lower quality, but it's hardly noticeable, thankfully. I edited this post a lot.

ImageImage
Carth offline

Postby Tangent128 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:36 pm

Ooh, nice. I usually use the GIMP for that, if only because I don't have Photoshop...
But then, most everything I do is CG, so I don't really need good brushes.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Oddfan100 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:09 pm

Aww! Thats so cool. My friend has that program. I might try out the trail. Odd hair was so funny.
Oddfan100 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Location: Watching MBC( I know, like the show -_-) or on Youtube

Postby emoBillâ„¢ » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:49 pm

Hey I loved Odd's hair back then! Hahahaha.

I would like to request something but I'm working on figuring out what it is exactly that I want ^^;
___________________Image
emoBillâ„¢ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby dobermutt » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:03 am

Dude, those are really good! Nice job! :D
ImageImage
dobermutt offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Sithking Zero » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:21 am

First off, Dobermutt, your avatar is awesome.

second, Carth, I have a request.

I'd like to ask for a moving avatar.

It shows the pic of William in your latest caption contest, with the word "Stop," flashing in at the top, and as soon as it's gone, "Hammertime," shows up at the bottom. It should flash slowly.

Could you please do this?
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:08 pm

Done! There's one with a five second frame delay, and one with ten seconds. Choose the one you like best.

ImageImage

And here's some stuff I created, yet never posted. It's not all that good. x_x

ImageImage
ImageImage

Finally, there's my sig down there. It's a teaser for my next fic, which is, at the moment, about two sentences long. 8D
Carth offline

Postby Sithking Zero » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:34 am

Hey carth,

could you redo my sig please? You were saying that you thought you could do better, and I'd like to see what that would mean.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:36 pm

I have a sig request for ya, Carth.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:34 pm

Ack! Yes...

There is some bad news, however. For some strange reason, I am now unable to open Adobe Photoshop Elements. I've tried reinstalling the program. No effect. When I try to open it, it says that the styles file is "bad or corrupted". I can use the same program easily on my other computer, but I'd really like to get to the bottom of the problem with this one. Does anyone that's photoshop-literate know what's going on? More importantly, does anyone actually know what a styles file is?
Carth offline

Postby Tangent128 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:44 pm

I know nothing about Photoshop... A "styles file" could mean anything, from skinning information to brush stroke libraries.

Have you tried reinstalling? (Preferably to another folder, just to be sure any personal settings are preserved to extract later.)
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:41 pm

The same thing (kinda) happened to me with Word; it kept on freezing, requiring a Force Quit every time...
the Style Pref file determines stuff like toolbars and fonts and stuff; sometimes, you have to find it and delete it, and it will re-create the file; if you google the error message, then you can find something.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Taelia » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:16 pm

My request is a sig that has the picture of Jim hugging the kids from The Lake with the picture of Jim barking at Ulrich from Lab Rat. On the first picture, the text should read "Jim can be a very nice man..." and on the second picture it should read "...when he wants to be -_-"

http://www.codelyoko.net/FRA/image/Saison_4_Typy/Miniature/Le_Lac/105.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c68/Stonecreek/Experience_0411.jpg
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:56 pm

And now, I have some good news! I got a newer, shinier version of Photoshop Elements, and along with it a new understanding of what everything does, thanks to a year's course in the program, most of which I forgot! I'm rearing to make some new stuff, which I'm going to do...right now.

For now, here's the result of me searching through CL.fr's "Terre" section in search of pretty things. I played around with filters but otherwise not much is changed.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Other than that, I got nothing but some scattered projects. Requests...hm. Eh, go ahead. 8)

Also, this thread is two years old two months ago. To which I can only say, holy shit, summer's almost over.
Carth offline

Postby Carth » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:05 pm

Well, glad to see you all liked those. ^___^

I've been making scattered things as of late, mostly lazy color filters of funny screenshots, and sometimes not even that. But the best thing I've made in a while has to be these buttons-

And in case these interest you-

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Carth offline

Postby Stonecreek » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:42 pm

All I have to say is your avatar right now is super creepy - it looks like Odd is willingly breaking his neck over and over again because of where the animation loops.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Taelia » Sat May 08, 2010 9:14 pm

My request is a sig that has the picture of Jim hugging the kids from The Lake with the picture of Jim barking at Ulrich from Lab Rat. On the first picture, the text should read "Jim can be a very nice man..." and on the second picture it should read "...when he wants to be -_-"

http://www.codelyoko.net/FRA/image/Saison_4_Typy/Grande/Le_Lac/105.jpg

http://img.codelyoko.fr/galeries/78_experience/Experience_039.jpg

I wanna give a surprise gift to David Gasman. ;)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Previous