Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:03 am

Very Interesting Strange Music

For the wonderful fan artists of Code Lyoko.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Very Interesting Strange Music

Postby Astro-Xana » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:31 pm

These are strange and yet interesting pieces of music I made by combining small portions from other songs (so small that if I were to play to you each one of these portions, you might not [or may actually] recognize what songs they are from). So I could explain to you each portion and what songs they were from if you want.

But anyway, here are 4 pieces of music I have produced so far:

http://media.putfile.com/Cosmic-Dimension-91

http://media.putfile.com/Code-Lyoko-Area-51

http://media.putfile.com/Xana-William

http://media.putfile.com/Xana-Space-58

Now as I stated before, I did make these from scratch. And even though they may sound like actual songs with a distinct pattern, they are not actual songs and are completely fan-made.
Last edited by Astro-Xana on Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:54 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:37 pm

Shouldn't this go in Fan Art? Other than that nice. Choppy and confusing. But nice.
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Astro-Xana » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:34 pm

The choppiness is supposed to be breathing of monsters as part of the music (Creepers) while the other sounds are supposed to make it sound alien/creepy like.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Jeremified » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:08 pm

:OOO

Warton stole my idea! I recognize that music- it's from that Cartoon Network game they put up a month or so ago! I actually recorded 3 separate pieces from there (2 of them are in your list) and put them together in my thread!
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko SA80 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:24 pm

???? What It's a nice try but it's not really got the edge .You could use a bit of the theme tune in it .That what I think or something like it.

Fighting for a world without danger

SAFEDGUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lyoko SA80 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Astro-Xana » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:07 pm

Last edited by Astro-Xana on Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby yigal123 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:15 am

JxA Addiction wrote:Shouldn't this go in Fan Art? Other than that nice. Choppy and confusing. But nice.

SHAA, the sector 5 remix is the most confusing one!!
Hi, yigal123 I have a cl website and its the best one yet!!! You can find a site, sneak peak on season 4, episoe guide, summarys, forums, gustbook, chats and MUCH MUCH MORE!!! www.hoverlinks.org

[img]http://frames.free.fr/Images/lyoko.jpg
[/img]
yigal123 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Astro-Xana » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:25 pm

Last edited by Astro-Xana on Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby LadyLucy » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:46 pm

Man...that sector five remix is cool...but really werid...
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ji45ojperjfenfpen » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:21 pm

Those were pretty cool! :D

ji45ojperjfenfpen offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JeremyHopper » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:53 pm

I like your XANA Space song. I think I like the normal speed one instead of the reverse spead. It reminds me of Meat Beat Manifesto. Just add a beat and it would be a full fledged song! Nice work. Where did you get your samples from anyway?
~Sean

I reject your reality and substitute my own. -Adam Savage
JeremyHopper offline

Postby Astro-Xana » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:38 pm

Ok, let me break it all down for you then. But it is going to be a long explanation as I am a person who likes to be specific.

First of all, I'm going to break down the portions I used for the Sector 5 Theme Remix. Throughout the entire song, you notice a choopy noise. That is just a sound of a guy's voice (breathing) I slowed down. At the exact moment the song starts, you notice a breathing and then two bangs. Those two bangs are from the original Sector 5 music. But then after those two bangs is a portion from another song known as "Orochimaru's Theme" from the anime show "Naruto." But mixed in with that portion you do hear another small portion from the original Sector 5 music. But then towards the end of the portion you hear another portion mixed in which is what sounds like a bird tweet. This bird tweet is indeed from the original Sector 5 music.

But in the show, there are actually different versions of the Sector 5 music which is the normal one and the other one which is the slow version which has that bird tweet in there as part of the music. Therefore, the pattern: breathing, two bangs, and that portion (with those other two portions mixed in) is repeated 3 times until you hear 3 breathings and then another portion after those 3 breathings. This portion is from the song known as "Brinstar Depths" (also known as Metroid) which is a reversed portion. Then after this reversed portion, I repeated those patterns again 3 times. But after that, you hear 3 breathings and then an actual portion from the original Sector 5 music that lasts for a while. But mixed in with that portion is (how it starts out) is with a small portion which sounds like a duck.

This portion is from the song "Evil" from Naruto (but a portion that was slowed down to make it sound like this). Don't ask me why this portion reminds me of Sector 5, but it does. And it isn't because the slow version of the Sector 5 music in the show has a bird tweet in it. This small portion actually reminds me of Sector 5 for some unknown reason.

But after that duck sound is 3 breathings, that bird tweet sound, and the duck sound again which is a pattern repeated a few times until you hear another portion which is some heavy drums. This portion is from the song "Glued State" from Naruto again (which is a portion slowed down in order to have it as heavy drums).

And finally, mixed in with this heavy drum portion is that pattern again which was a pattern played from the very start of the song (but this time with the Orochimaru's Theme portion excluded to make it sound more calm and hazardous in order to match the feel of the heavy drums).

So there, I have explained all of the portions I have used to make this Sector 5 remix (which are mostly from Naruto). Therefore, do you wish to now know what portions I used to make my Xana Space music?

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby JeremyHopper » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:55 pm

Actually the only one I meant to know samples from was the Xana Space one. And I didn't need to know every detail in the songs development. What I meant was a list like such:

Sector 5 remix samples:

Sector 5 theme song
Guy breathing
Orochimaru's Theme from Naruto
Brinstar Depths
Evil from Naruto
Glued State from Naruto

That's all. Thanks.
~Sean

I reject your reality and substitute my own. -Adam Savage
JeremyHopper offline

Postby Astro-Xana » Wed May 02, 2007 5:46 pm

Last edited by Astro-Xana on Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Phoenix Wolf » Thu May 03, 2007 7:32 pm

Ausomeness!!!! :)
Where Reality Ends and Virtuality Begins!!!
Catch Ya On The Flipside!!
Phoenix Wolf offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Location: Searching for LadyLucy....Happy to be recovered from anxiey...

Postby Astro-Xana » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:18 pm

I have now produced my most awesome piece of music so far (although it's hardly perfect at all due to the fact that this [and my other songs] are once again, pieced together using pieces of other pieces of music and modifying those pieces [either by changing the speed, pitch, tempo, phaser, wawha, etc. by using the effects in Audacity]).

But anyway, here is my most recent piece of music produced:

http://media.putfile.com/Xana-William

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Malkmusian » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:58 am

Negativland's proud of you, boy.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Astro-Xana » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:11 pm

I have now produced a new piece of music. Here it is:

http://media.putfile.com/Code-Lyoko-Area-51

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Chosen_one » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:59 pm

I can sort of recognize the songs… One of them was the background music for the towers.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Jeremified » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:59 pm

Jeremified wrote::OOO

Warton stole my idea! I recognize that music- it's from that Cartoon Network game they put up a month or so ago! I actually recorded 3 separate pieces from there (2 of them are in your list) and put them together in my thread!

Um, that must've been in the wrong thread or something. Anyway, those are some very creepy songs, but still interesting to listen to.
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Astro-Xana » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:33 am

Thanks. Anyway, here is a new piece of music I did:

http://media.putfile.com/Cosmic-Dimension-91

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet