Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

S5E19 - The Trap

Talk about the episodes of Evolution here! (Season 5)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

S5E19 - The Trap

Postby penguin30 » Sun May 05, 2013 6:54 pm

Aelita flashes back to a happier time (evidently a warmer time, too, since it's not a snow-covered cabin). Then she posts a message on some Twitter/Facebook thing.

They try to trap a spectre and drain its code. That backfires, to no one's surprise, but at least Odd gets a bit of code back so he can deactivate towers again.

penguin30 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Re: S5E19 - The Trap

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sun May 05, 2013 7:22 pm

I'm very surprised this episode was released. I thought that Moonscoop + Apple would be smarter than this :P

All in all, it was a good episode. I was personally hoping that the specter being virtualized would lead to a faceoff like in episode 51, Revelation, but I'll take this too. And the ping pong going on between XANA's code stockpile and the group's is beginning to annoy me. While I appreciate the new developments with the Deckard Inc Quantum Computing Laboratory, XANA seems as if he's been demoted to a secondary villain right now. I know that they can have the two villain groups coexist and intermingle, but seriously...
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Mon May 06, 2013 10:51 am

Anybody notice her name is given as Aelita Schafer on the social network website? I mean they got that right when Laura asked her about it like three episodes ago. Also that really tiny photo of The Subdigitals. I have to wonder if that's related to http://lyokofreak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7527

Anyway, it's one of the more tolerable XANA episodes. I do agree if feels like he got stupid and sidelined to prop up the human bad guys sometimes. Operating in zombie code-recovery mode or not, it hurts to see him act this dumb and limited. The ghost virus cloud was ok though, and I do appreciate he just decided to drop the afflicted in the digital sea which seemed like the smartest thing under the circumstances
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Dark Raku » Mon May 06, 2013 12:49 pm

So, Aelita was absolutely pointless in this Episode I really feel like those bits with her looking at pictures although really nice could have been cut because they did not actually seem connected to anything in the actual Episode. Speaking of the picture and the memory - where did she get the photo album from? Seriously as far as I am aware this is the first time we have seen it as I do not remember her picking up anything like that in her trips to the Hermitage. Also, I really hope they do something with the pink hair retconning because otherwise I will just feel terribly lazy.

As for this Episode, really, really loved the Spectre on Lyoko. This Series needs more badguys or enemies like that. Seriously they are so good. They can floor anyone in one hit and literary cannot be stopped and are not limited by the laws of normal movement. They make for really effective adversaries and actually maxa Xana a credible threat something he just simply has not been in this Series so far. It actually suggests that Tyron should be worried about the virus in his computer, which makes his denial of it all the better.

Also, someone try that web address on Aelita's computer.

TheAppleFreak wrote:[...]XANA seems as if he's been demoted to a secondary villain right now. I know that they can have the two villain groups coexist and intermingle, but seriously...

That is because he has. Everyone has been demoted and downgraded in terms of power in this Series...it is the only way Tyron and The Ninjas can be made a threat. Which is odd considering they actually do not need to be a threat to make an effective antagonist - they have Aelita's mother and that is what the gang cares about currently. They could probably do so much better if they actually had Xana at full power either right from the get go or round about now to give both Tyron and The Warriors a reason to meet and work together and actually get to the emotional crux of the Series, which considering Xana's latest attack actually made him threating which he hasn't been this entire Series I can only hope they are getting to with the next one or two episodes because everything has spent two much time doing absolutely nothing and considering it is Series 5 it really has absolutely no excuse for its terrible pacing and plot progression.

Dark Raku offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Fri May 10, 2013 10:11 am

Half a week later I realize Aelita would have used the name Schaeffer on purpose when creating the social network account because she would assume her mother would still be going by that.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Dark Raku » Fri May 10, 2013 4:55 pm

AmericanLyokoTeam wrote:Half a week later I realize Aelita would have used the name Schaeffer on purpose when creating the social network account because she would assume her mother would still be going by that.

Why would she though?

Dark Raku offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Snickie » Fri May 10, 2013 7:24 pm

Dark Raku wrote:
AmericanLyokoTeam wrote:Half a week later I realize Aelita would have used the name Schaeffer on purpose when creating the social network account because she would assume her mother would still be going by that.

Why would she though?

What I want to know is what will happen when other students and even the evil French agency people find out. According to Delmas and everyone else at Kadic, she's Aelita Stones. And according to the evil French agency people who wanted to take away Franz/Waldo, she's Aelita Schaeffer. I can see this leading to a whole lot of drama and conflict. I can only hope that if it does it's done properly because that's really suspicious, you know. :)

I can't help but wonder what the actual effects of the spectre on the LWs were when it knocked them out on Lyoko. I mean, they were vulnerable then and I would've liked to have seen some kind of draining effect, even the scyphozoa. (I'm a firm believer that the scyphozoa should've been involved at so many different points in this series.)
Snickie offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby LyokoMan95 » Thu May 16, 2013 11:03 pm

Did anyone notice the first spectre 'stunt'. A tiny little power jump :fail:
LyokoMan95 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid