Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 am

Episode 17 - A Professional Career Guaranteed

Talk about the episodes of Evolution here! (Season 5)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Episode 17 - A Professional Career Guaranteed

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:35 pm

I'll put this in later

That was a really good episode. I'm actually really surprised how well this episode turned out and developed. Where to begin?

• For the first time, deckard inc the goons from Quantum Research Center make an appearance in real life! I'm really, really hoping that they all have some sort of connection to Project Carthage, and I'm really hoping that they make a comeback.
  • It was refreshing to see Jeremy and Aelita work outside of their comfort zone. I can now totally see Jeremy having an entire spy toolkit in his backpack now... maybe the hackusations from Sabotage about Jeremy being a spy weren't all too off :P
  • It definitely looks like Laura has ulterior motives behind her actions, and I really, really want to see what she does with that business card going forward... though technically she shouldn't have it why did it survive the RTTP I mean the photo of Jeremy and Aelita from False Start was sort of the same thing but I like to think that he manually programmed that into that specific trip and that just kinda throws off a lot of the established canon about the return trip and the different mechanics that we don't understand about it also this is a long sentence with no punctuation I'll stop typing now
  • One of the things I was complaining about before was how the Skid had just become a virtual taxicab for the Warriors between the Cortex and Lyoko... seeing a proper naval battle was definitely refreshing.
  • Now that I'm thinking about it, how did the Skid return to Lyoko? Jeremy certainly looked busy with the MIB. yay plot holes

This, in my opinion, is how Evolution should have been developing all along. Plot development, character development, a new threat... Evolution finally looks as if it's looking up.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Re: Episode 17 - A Professional Career Guaranteed

Postby penguin30 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:13 pm

Dun dun dun! Laura looks like she might be interested in the sales pitch. Of course, hiring your supposed enemies is a fairly good way to deal with the problem.

I want a tablet that can make holograms. Get on it, Apple. On that note, if you have a solid image of their avatars, why is a simple facial match out of the question? One run-through of the school database should have let them peg all five to a reasonable degree of accuracy.

penguin30 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby TB3 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:29 am

Another interesting episode - it's good to see the show moving in the direction we wanted it to take back in S4.

My only qualm is that Laura's characterisation is being developed a little cack-handedly - she is so blatantly being set up as a pseudo-villain that the only way they can break the stereotype is by having her NOT betray the team in the end.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:43 pm

Came here to complain about the card from the rttp, read TAF's post, did not leave disappointed.

Also why did they let Odd pilot the Skid, Yumi takes over far more often, and is established to be smoother at it. Actually, also on the list of complaints, why bother with XANA showing up at all. It felt kind of like 'hey guys, didn't really have anything planned this week, but if you wanted to hang out here are a couple of easily dispatchable Kongres.' I'm glad to see digital sea fights again, don't get me wrong, but XANA had no tactical stake in this particular adventure, and wasn't trying particularly hard.

Nitpicks aside, not a bad episode overall. Nicely wrapped up that tracking beacon plot point, gave Laura some ambiguity that I'm sure will be coming up again. I kind of wonder if this lesson in the end will be that Aelita's spite turned a potentially useful ally into an enemy.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby penguin30 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:10 pm

It does benefit XANA to have the Lyoko Warriors fighting a war on two fronts. There's plenty of reason for him to try and prevent the return of the tracking device.

penguin30 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby TheTsunamix » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:03 pm

One thing that stuck out to me was when Graven mentioned he worked on the 'largest particle accelerator.'

Given that he's telling the truth, is he saying that Tyron's business is part of CERN (the makers and operators of the Large Hadron Collider)? Given that France is a member state and CERN is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland (which, in turn, had a role in the novels as well) near the French border, I'd say it makes sense.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Ghost Guest » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:22 am

i really like how this show doesn't feel like it's stuck in first gear anymore. laura seems like a wasted character so far though. but over all, the last episodes have been very good.
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member