Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 am

Episode 15 - The Codeless

Talk about the episodes of Evolution here! (Season 5)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Episode 15 - The Codeless

Postby TheAppleFreak » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:32 pm

Episode name - The Codeless
On the wiki

Apparently cl.fr just posted this.
Spoiler: show

Quite interesting...

And now I've seen it! Quite an interesting episode, by any means. I'm definitely liking the William vs William dynamic, and in complete honesty, I really hope that I see him come back, ESPECIALLY if it means more dynamic everything.

I love the attention to detail when William throws the Zweihander and it actually cuts off a few of Yumi's hairs.

There goes that attention to detail when William casually takes it out of the rock that the Kankrelat it was on without any effort. In the original series, even XANA!William had trouble removing it from a rock when he would throw it. I'd at least like to see William give a small grunt when he takes it out of the rock.

Odd singing FRÈRES JACQUES to the entire school was freaking hilarious.

If I’m not mistaken, I heard the classic violin sting for the first time in Evolution, the one that would play whenever anything even remotely dramatic was said! DUH DUH DUH DUUUUHHHHHH now i need to put an mp3 tag in so i can replicate it on the forum

And since Odd has lost the entirety of his source code, does this mean that he can't deactivate towers anymore?
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Re: Episode 15 - The Codeless

Postby penguin30 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:00 pm

That was rather more anti-climatic than I had anticipated. Source code gone and... nothing. It just happens. Granted, worse things happening were just speculation, but the physical side effects suggested something worse might come to pass. Oh well.

Surprised XANA went for the lecture route. Not a bad tactic.

penguin30 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:34 pm

Well... at least something unusual happened on Lyoko in this one.

This is one of those where, once again, I'm going to need to see the translation of what exactly was so damn convincing to William to make him change his behavior. At first it was because I thought William even considering it was kind of inexcusable (borderline out of character,) but now I just want to see what kind of sales pitch XANA can cook up. He's never exactly been all that talkative, so seeing that tactic at all is kind of refreshing.

Also poor Odd, he's the butt of every joke in Evolution, the first to lose his tower privileges, and probably looks like he's slowly cracking under pressure to the adults.

Also side note responses to TAF: I'm pretty sure they did that sword flies so close it catches some hairs effect in S4 once, but I'd have to go review.

(edit: Oh, and did seriously none of these other kids sitting around at Kadic even take a second look at the American football player running around the courtyards and go 'huh, that's an unusual sight.')
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby TheTsunamix » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:44 pm

To Ulrich and Aelita:

Here's an idea. When an enemy is frozen in place and you're in a dead end, that's often considered an opportunity for you to go the other way and bail out.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby LadyLucy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:31 pm

Things we learned in this episode:
Odd can't sing. Which is good, because he couldn't in the original series.
Aelita and Ulrich must have been having waaaay too much fun having a staring constest with the specter.
Jeremie can get out of a net fairly well.
William is either brilliant at acting or really stupid for starting to fall for that plan of XANA's.
But...evil William's smirk is kinda awesome....

It still kills me that part of Jim's "Tai Chi" is that he blows kisses into the air.
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak