Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 am

S5E14 - Intrusion

Talk about the episodes of Evolution here! (Season 5)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

S5E14 - Intrusion

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:02 pm

#include header.h

In lieu of something more substantive, I decided to liveblog this episode instead. I didn't start writing until a few minutes in. My thoughts are below the cut.

i like the new hr tag, okay?

Ulumi tension is rising, I can tell already. Clearly what Yumi wrote wasn’t good. (I can’t understand a lot of the verbal French spoken, alright?

They have four seats in the Megapod again! I wonder how they can keep this up; I’m hoping the situations become much more contrived and over the top.

I wonder how the lights in the lab haven’t burned out over the course of over 14 years of operation. Jeremy never replaced them, right?

It still bothers me how untechnical the virtualization process looks in Evolution.

Moody Ulrich is moody. He hasn’t gone to the Cortex in a while now, hasn’t he?

The music is only getting better, I notice.

I’m still waiting on Moonscoop to have some naval battles in the Skid. It’s become a glorified taxicab between Lyoko and the Cortex. What’s the point of the Navskids if they’re not used in combat?

That fishtail in the Megapod wasn’t necessary, Odd. You’re only going to burn out the rubber faster.

William’s Zweihander looked bigger before, I notice.

I wish that the Warriors showed some more pain coming out of the scanners. Yumi got sliced in the stomach, why does she not react at all?

The ninjas sucked :(

Oh that’s why. How can they jump that high?

And did that Ninja make himself intangible? Ooh, super sprint!

How does Odd see outside of the Megapod when driving? It’s still annoying me.

I guess that Ninja ran out of battery or something.

Jeremy is sick and tired of your crap, Odd.

OH CRAP NINJA Can it survive in the Digital Sea?

The Ninjas must have a backup supply of Energizer batteries.

More Ulumi! To be honest, I’m not entirely sure why people still ship it as if it’s still unofficial. With all of the teasing that goes on, it’s basically the canon couple.

The music still gets better!

Didn’t it already cycle through 3?

OBNOXIOUSLY OBVIOUS VIRUS ALERT

Did a kick just devirtualize him? It must have been a spiked boot or something.

Why did the other ninjas suck so hard before?

William’s grunt right there seemed so forced. Narm.

Triplicate!

Oh crap, what’s that? A tracking beacon!

All of a sudden, that music reminded me of SimCity 2013.

That beacon right there could lead to some very interesting plot developments, methinks.

…I just realized, we didn’t even see XANA this episode!

All in all, I thought it was an okay episode. If anything, that little tracking beacon in Sector 5 can lead to some very interesting plot developments later on. Hopefully, they'll actually do something with it.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Re: S5E14 - Intrusion

Postby penguin30 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:48 pm

To answer some of your questions, it was obvious the ninjas threw the fight. It's even foreshadowed a bit when they beat the first group; I'm fairly sure Odd and William comment on how easy it was compared to last time. They wanted the heroes to install that card so they'd download the virus. The one that survived stayed out of the way so he could hitch a ride back to Lyoko, whereupon he promptly handed Aelita, Odd, and William their butts on a silver platter. Then he threw the fight to Ulrich so he could hide that transmitter on Lyoko while the heroes think they came out of top.

We'll be seeing naval battles soon. They know where Lyoko is now, and the heroes are going to get their tactics thrown back at them.

On the Yumi/William thing, her little paper called him immature, it seems.

I personally loved this episode. This Tyron guy is a competent villain, while XANA's just been mostly disappointing.

penguin30 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:41 am

You know at first I wanted to straight up agree with Tyron being more competent, but now I sort of have the worry that the new writers are trying to make the old villain look stupid to prop up the new guy. I remember when season 2 XANA was doing this kind of data booby trapping and his new monster could take down the whole gang. Hell, when S2 XANA booby trapped data it didn't just laugh and say you've been hacked, he started launching return to the past trips to up his power. I miss him being a scary-good alien bad guy; it's like the weakest part of the new series. Before this episode I always sort of figured there was eventually going to be a point where XANA did the 'you have outlived your usefulness' bit to Tyron and the ninja gang, but now I'm worried the old villain is getting eclipsed with a new set who might not even be as good. Maybe if/when he gets his code back together that'll change, but I don't have a lot of hope.

All that aside, I always did like the tactical match aspect of the show as it branched out to more things than just deactivate the tower every week. Stopping a ninja invasion sounds like it could be fun. Something substantive happened this week at least, better than last time.

Lets see, what else was going on here...

Oh right it was a UxY episode, glad we've still made no progress there in five seasons. I don't care for Yumi ditching the gang mid-fight to go make up with him, but whatever. Maybe when the subs come and I can see what they were saying it'll carry the idea a little better than just the action and what little I can catch does.

Also yeah, the four seat megapod thing is getting a bit silly. It's like the characters don't even notice. Do they just expect somebody will have to sit on a lap at some point and that's cool?
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby TheTsunamix » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:44 pm

Aelita: But why this date: June 25, 2003?

Jeremie: Maybe that was the day [Tyron] argued with your father.

WHAT???

Maybe you've forgotten Jeremie, but Franz Hopper was trapped in the supercomputer for nearly a decade since 1994 and remained trapped until they destroyed XANA. So how could he have been on Earth arguing with Tyron? How many more liberties can this show take?
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:01 am

Actually, watching it with the translation did help somewhat. Jeremie calls Yumi out for the relationship drama getting in the way of the mission. Really though, Odd is carrying it here. At one point he's seriously telling Yumi to fix the UST with Ulrich because it hurts the group, and later he's cracking semi-mean semi-serious jokes about her behavior.

As for the date, who knows. Maybe they're doing a retcon and moving the time frame of the whole show up? Otherwise, yeah, somebody forgot to do the research on the back story.

(edit: check at about 15:20, when they transfer out of the megapod back to the Skid. Oh hi there Yumi, welcome back. We missed this kind of editing goof in Evolution so far.)
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:20 pm

It's not as if doing the damn research would have literally taken more than 5 minutes, given as TB3 has an entire section of Lyoko Decoded devoted to the backstory complete with dates.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:15 pm

So do we be charitable and assume CLEverse dates are like CLverse dates, but 10 years or so later? Frankly at this point anyone who says the two are the same universe are kidding themselves at this point, so there's no reason why not.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak