Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 am

S5E12 - Chaos at Kadic

Talk about the episodes of Evolution here! (Season 5)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

S5E12 - Chaos at Kadic

Postby penguin30 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:38 pm

Name: Chaos at Kadic
Airdate: March 16th, 2013
On the wiki

----

Laura episode. Her father is all about the education.

XANA attacks to seemingly get rid of Laura, because otherwise he attacked for no reason at all, which is slightly worse.

Not the best show of judgement by Laura here. A simple phone call and a request for an RTTP would have been much simpler.

penguin30 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Re: S5E12 - Chaos at Kadic

Postby TheAppleFreak » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:02 am

XANA is now anti-Laura. I like this.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:52 am

I'm curious to see the translation for the little talk with her at the end.

I suspect it just amounts to 'oh by the way one of the secret club's rules is no showing adults or other authority figures our supercomputer. Breach of our trust right there, probationary member.'

Other than that, yeah, felt like not much got done here.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby penguin30 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:44 am

AmericanLyokoTeam wrote:I suspect it just amounts to 'oh by the way one of the secret club's rules is no showing adults or other authority figures our supercomputer. Breach of our trust right there, probationary member.'
More or less. The gist of that chat is:

"She knows too much, can't ditch her. [bring her in] Ok, we're keeping you, but we're gonna keep an eye on you and not give you free access to the supercomputer." She tries to object or make an excuse, then thinks better of it and just plays ball.

penguin30 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:17 pm

penguin30 wrote:XANA attacks to seemingly get rid of Laura, because otherwise he attacked for no reason at all, which is slightly worse.

Eh, maybe he's just flexing his "muscles", trying to see what he can influence.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:10 pm

That's reasonable, attacking from the Cortex might lessen his power or something. Why not just stop after figuring out he can't make a specter from there or whatever though, who knows? I still don't get the sense he was specifically after Laura, though she has been on the ball dealing with him a couple of times.

So yeah, the thrust of the episode is still Laura drama. Anybody get the sense that her relationship with her father is a bit like Ulrich and his dad?

Speaking of antagonistic relationships, Aelita sure can't take any bragging from Laura. It was time to bust out another one of those 'this isn't a game' speeches. The audience has worked that out Aelita, you can relax.

I think the terms of her probation still let her be in the lab with the rest of the team when there's an emergency. That's really all that was happening before now anyway...

I guess the problem is I just feel like nothing was really accomplished in this episode. Laura is getting a bit of the William treatment for the moment. Wonder if our next couple of eps that were supposed to be the midseason break will have her step up in an emergency to get the group over this?
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby LadyLucy » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:52 am

AmericanLyokoTeam wrote:
So yeah, the thrust of the episode is still Laura drama. Anybody get the sense that her relationship with her father is a bit like Ulrich and his dad?

I guess the problem is I just feel like nothing was really accomplished in this episode. Laura is getting a bit of the William treatment for the moment. Wonder if our next couple of eps that were supposed to be the midseason break will have her step up in an emergency to get the group over this?

Laura's dad is so much like Ulrich's I actually felt sorry for her for those scenes. I mean, jeez, it's just a virus, stuff happens. If he was a computer guy like he was bragging about after seeing the supercomputer, he should KNOW that viruses happen, and will be fixed...merph. Maybe that's why Laura's so competitve, because her father is on her about EVERYTHING.

And yeah...Laura's the new Will. Thank goodness she's not going to Lyoko anytime soon for real. Then all heck would break loose. You'd think the gang would see the signs of an untrustworthy person by now... ^^;
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak