Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:49 pm

S5E4: Miss Einstein

Talk about the episodes of Evolution here! (Season 5)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

S5E4: Miss Einstein

Postby LyokoMan95 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:47 pm

Episode title - Miss Einstein (English guestimation)
Air date - January 19th (TV, France)

On the Lyoko Freak Wiki

I sense a new character coming into play ;)
LyokoMan95 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Re: S5E4: Miss Einstein

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:35 pm

Wow, the Jerlita shippers were already (according to TV Tropes) baying for Laura's blood. Introducing her with that title is not going to help!
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:07 pm

Saw it on Youtube. New teacher shown, far too young to be Miss Hertz as we remember her. Don't think her name was mentioned.

This seems to be an episode of "that was quick" on a couple of counts...

Spoiler: show
1)Laura gets to the factory far sooner than William did... and ironically it's William's fault. Though she's not part of the gang quite yet and Evolution gets it's first proper Return To The Past (took long enough)

2) The Megapod debuts, breaks down and gets dropped into the Digital Sea, all within an ep. Though if reviving the Skidbladnir didn't take Evo Jeremie too long, reviving the 'pod shouldn't be too much hassle. Though with all the holo screens, I'm surprised Jeremie didn't program a viewscreen (the 'pod rather lacks windows)

Also, Pick on Yumi seems to be a thing again, at least for this ep.

So... presumeably next ep is a Spectre (or at least "Keep the code") ep without William in it?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheTsunamix » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:51 pm

Cassius335 wrote:Also, Pick on Yumi seems to be a thing again, at least for this ep.

Funny considering that the first three episodes seemed to be more of a Pick on Ulrich.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TB3 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Ah, it wouldn't be Lyoko without Pick on Yumi, would it? Remember the halycon days of S1, with slower-than-light lasers, choking movie manniquins, laughing gas, evil clones (well, that one's not so far gone)... ah, memories. :)

Laura is an interesting new addition, especially given Aelita's clearly got it in for her (oho, our little princess is not happy). Given how she evidently made herself useful today, the question of 'bring her in' or 'leave her out' is going to be a major element. However, the speculation that she was going to be used as an audience surrogate as an 'outsider' that everything would be explained to seems to have been put to sleep for now, given how we're four episodes in and the show is still running on a 'cold-open, explain nothing' format. Laura however might be very useful as tech support to Jeremy's Mission Control, especially since operations in the Cortex appear more involved than Einstein is usually used to.

On the whole, the show seems to be developing nicely, or at least it feels that way now that I've adjusted to the new format.
The new RTTP looks suitably 'rip the universe a new one' - a swirling vortex of doom that our heros happily play with without a qualm
, and I'm very glad to see the new sets incorporate lots of detachable panels and junction boxes for Jeremy to liberally fiddle around with - makes the lab feel a little more 'textured'.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LaserArrow » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:21 pm

I liked this episode as well.
The action on Lyoko was fun to watch. It's cool that Odd can run up walls with his gloves.
But how did Ulrich ever get back up? (Or did he never and I'm just confusing myself...)

I like Laura so far, but if she steals Jeremy's thunder, I'll be disappointed.

LaserArrow offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby penguin30 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:28 pm

Hey, they paid for the effect this time. Nice.

And it's official: never let Yumi drive.

penguin30 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:58 pm

LaserArrow wrote:I like Laura so far, but if she steals Jeremy's thunder, I'll be disappointed.

Unless the show's going to unusual places, Aelita seems to be the one who needs to worry :P

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised if Laura ended up as a replacement/back-up for Jeremie as Mission Control... since the Warriors 3 can't use the supercomputer, they could use someone else who can run it; otherwise the only other option is Aelita and I doubt she'd appreciate being stuck behind (though her presence isn't strictly needed these days). Also, Laura as Mission Control could mean Jeremie finally getting to go to Lyoko on-screen (At which point someone seriously needs to get the warriors (sans Laura) to cosplay as the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers)
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:29 pm

LaserArrow wrote:But how did Ulrich ever get back up? (Or did he never and I'm just confusing myself...)

I was wondering that myself. My guess is he used his katanas to wall climb up, but I'm not sure. Maybe Aelita pulled him up?

And you guys don't know how incredibly happy I was to see the RTTP is back. It looks amazing :D
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby *Aelita* » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:33 pm

I really liked this episode, and I really liked Laura. But I just hope she doesn't take over Jeremy's job or anything. I would be so mad. And poor Aelita...she looked really irritated with Laura... :O
*Aelita* offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby LadyLucy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:07 am

I don't like Laura...she's like a more intelgent Sissy, but just as annoying and nosy. Plus that look Laura gave Aelita when she finished helping Jeremie? That up and down smirk look? That made me MADDD :cussout:
Best part? "There can only be ONE Mrs Einstien"
YOU GO PRINCESS!!!
The music was soo cool in this... espeically when they were being virtualized. ^^
And the megapod!!! Awesome....bUUUUT it got destroyed in it's debut...shortest lived Lyoko vehicle ever.
All in all, interesting episode. Still want to ring Laura's neck, but Aelita got her in the end, so I'm happy.
(plus it means she's owning up do the fact that she loves Jeremie. ^^ Always a plus. <3 )
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:33 am

LadyLucy wrote:I don't like Laura...she's like a more intelgent Sissy, but just as annoying and nosy.

Eh, that's rather harsh. Sissi was practically stalking Ulrich, who couldn't put up with her even when he had amnesia. Plus Laura at least has something to contribute.

LadyLucy wrote:All in all, interesting episode. Still want to ring Laura's neck, but Aelita got her in the end, so I'm happy.
(plus it means she's owning up do the fact that she loves Jeremie. ^^ Always a plus. <3 )

When has that ever been in doubt?
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby desincarnation » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:38 pm

I don't like Laura...she's like a more intelgent Sissy, but just as annoying and nosy.

My thoughts exactly. To me she's like a mix of Sissi and Season 3 William.

What really annoyed me about this episode was that Laura's introduction was so rushed. Even characters who appeared only for one episode in the previous seasons(Theo, Taelia, Brynja) were treated better than her.
Last edited by desincarnation on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Arcangel613 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:52 am

penguin30 wrote:Hey, they paid for the effect this time. Nice.

And it's official: never let Yumi drive.

the whole Asians cant drive joke is on the tip of my tongue.
Formerly Raven_613

Tekirai wrote:69% of the population thinks sexual innuendo is funny

I saw you smiling.

Arcangel613 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: New Azarath...what, you don't read the comics? the old azarath was destroyed ages ago. Darn Trigon.