Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:44 pm

S5E3 - Spectromania

Talk about the episodes of Evolution here! (Season 5)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

S5E3 - Spectromania

Postby Mister Puck » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:38 am

Episode Title - Spectromania
Air date: January 5 (France)

On the Lyoko Freak Wiki

This episode airs tomorrow, along with "The Cortex".

Hopefully I don't get in trouble for making this thread. :p

apple edit - no you won't
Mister Puck offline
New Kid
New Kid

Re: S5E3 - Spectromania

Postby Mister Puck » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:37 pm

Maybe it was just because I didn't understand what anyone was saying, but it didn't seem like much happened in this episode, until the end. I'm guessing those things on everyone's wrists had something to do with the source codes, but I couldn't tell what. Odd deactivating a tower for the first time was pretty funny, although it didn't make sense that Odd couldn't even enter it at first, because I'm pretty sure I remember him entering a few towers in the original series.

Other than that, it was a very enjoyable episode, though not as good as the one before it. I'll probably have more thoughts when I see it subtitled.
Mister Puck offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:30 pm

I'm surprised at how easy it was for Yumi to enter and deactivate the tower, given what Odd had to go through. Pretty enjoyable nonetheless, and the "oh crap" moment when Aelita got devirtualized definitely threw me for a loop.

Also,
I HAVE A LYOKOPOD TOO NOW
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby penguin30 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:33 am

Sorry, show, but you still fail at spectres. Granted, it's a lot harder to get physical with a live-action cast, but couldn't you yank a stunt double with a rope, or at least make a breakable door for people to punch through? I could not take the hug of death seriously. But, to at least give them some credit, the child was creepy and Quentin can at least act evil (to a point).

Is it beyond them to roll in combat? Ulrich didn't even try to dodge after getting shot. If he was too winded, they failed to show it. Aelita wasn't much better. At least Yumi took only one shot every so often.

Wait a minute... 92, 77, 93, and 90 comes to a net loss of 48, not 70, unless I'm missing something about how Jeremy calculated that.

penguin30 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby InfiniteEntropy_ » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:15 pm

Wonderful! I was so disappointed after the first episode, but I've really warmed up to it. I'm still not sure why XANA created a spectre of a small child to hug them. Can't wait for a subtitled version, there's a lot that needs to be explained.
InfiniteEntropy_ offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:24 am

penguin30 wrote:Wait a minute... 92, 77, 93, and 90 comes to a net loss of 48, not 70, unless I'm missing something about how Jeremy calculated that.

Either XANA started with 22% (in which case, how does Jeremie know this?) or there's something very weird going on with that code.

InfiniteEntropy_ wrote:I'm still not sure why XANA created a spectre of a small child to hug them.

Budget, probably (in-series, probably something to do with XANA being incomplete).

The show is definately suffering a bit from the live-action. Will be pleasantly surprised if we see Yumi's house any time soon...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:22 am

As I mentioned in BKO, I was reading through the English script of the episode for subbing purposes and immediately was caught off-guard by this:

*spectre runs over to Aelita and hugs her*

Odd: Whoa, Aelita, you’re into little 6th graders now? I hope you have a good lawyer!

On the one hand, I really do not want to see the R34 this might inspire. On the other, at least the radar is asleep at the controls, so Evolution might live up to the original series' fan service legacy.

Second, since when do Tarantulas shoot from their eyes? The more I think of it, the more it bothers me
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:28 am

TheAppleFreak wrote:As I mentioned in BKO, I was reading through the English script of the episode for subbing purposes and immediately was caught off-guard by this:

Odd: Whoa, Aelita, you’re into little 6th graders now? I hope you have a good lawyer!

On the one hand, I really do not want to see the R34 this might inspire. On the other, at least the radar is asleep at the controls, so Evolution might live up to the original series' fan service legacy.

There are scripts? In English? Are you allowed to share those? Please?

On point, as amusing as the line is (& it so isn't making the US version :) ), the original series started with Sissi in her underwear and Yumi getting out of the bath, so heck knows if Evolution can/will do similar (I'm not convinced their respective rooms are are even sets at this point).
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:10 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
TheAppleFreak wrote:As I mentioned in BKO, I was reading through the English script of the episode for subbing purposes and immediately was caught off-guard by this:

There are scripts? In English? Are you allowed to share those? Please?

On point, as amusing as the line is (& it so isn't making the US version :) ), the original series started with Sissi in her underwear and Yumi getting out of the bath, so heck knows if Evolution can/will do similar (I'm not convinced their respective rooms are are even sets at this point).

They're available to the general public via Tumblr, but I'll add them to the wiki (once I get the episode pages fully up).

And I'm not quite sure about it not making the English release. Keep in mind this is the same Code Lyoko that started with Sissi in her underwear and Yumi getting out of the bath, as well as the scene with the tree roots in Season 3...
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby LadyLucy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:39 am

Does any one know where I can find and English subtitled version of this one? There's nothing on youtube. ^^;
I watched a bit of though....
Is that first spector kid a guy or a girl? O.o...
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby penguin30 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:16 pm

There's subs on Vimeo. Not the greatest quality, but they get the job done.

penguin30 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:43 pm

LadyLucy wrote:Is that first spector kid a guy or a girl? O.o...

Long-haired little posh boy. At least, that's what it looked like to me.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheTsunamix » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:54 pm

Well, I finally caught up after waiting extensively for the rest of the subbed episodes.

All I can say is well done. This really exceeded my expectations and I hope to make a more concrete review soon.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby LadyLucy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:40 pm

penguin30 wrote:There's subs on Vimeo. Not the greatest quality, but they get the job done.

Where? They have the ep, but not subs....^^; Sorry. I'm probably looking in the wrong spot, as usual.

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby penguin30 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:44 pm

Since I probably shouldn't put up a direct link, I'll just make it easy. Google Vimeo and the title to find it. There's literally only three videos and the right one is titled as a sub.

penguin30 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby LadyLucy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:38 pm

I haven't even said this since I first got into Code Lyoko waaaay back in Junior High...but..
Odd's becoming my favorite charicter again!! He's hilarous, fails, swears, get's angry, brags more...and thank GOD has stopped hitting on Aelita.
I laughed so freaking hard when he ran headlong into the tower...then couldn't figure out how to float up. XD
I like how they explained how it's all instictive. It explains why Aelita always seemed so calm and trance-like when deactiviting them...
Althoguh I still don't really get the source code thing and how it makes XANA stronger...I gotta re-watch the first ep again maybe? Did that explain it better? (This time with english subs so I actually know what they're saying... ^^;) Oh well, good ep, funny and interesting.

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak