Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:56 am

Episode 8 - Virus

Talk about the episodes of Evolution here! (Season 5)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Episode 8 - Virus

Postby LyokoMan95 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:52 am

Episode title - Virus
Air date - February 16th (France, TV)

"Jeremiah, I am sending you this message because I do not have much time. Despite everything I could think of earlier, it may be that my calculations are wrong. There is still a chance that XANA is more powerful than I imagined, and therefore able to survive in our program. Apologize to Aelita, and all your friends. I would not have you in my battle ship ... I have little chance of survival, and in this case, be present with my daughter. Undoubtedly, farewell
FH "
LyokoMan95 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Re: Episode 8 - Virus

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:38 am

Interesting, though not surprising.

Odd to get the title (and thread) for 8 before 6 and 7...

EDIT: Ah, I see TheAppleFreak put up the thread for 6. Which still leaves me wondering about 7, bnm...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby penguin30 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:19 pm

And the group moves up to lucky 7, or unlucky 7 depending on how you take Laura's method of working herself in.

In other news, that ninja totally schooled Ulrich.

penguin30 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:25 pm

penguin30 wrote:And the group moves up to lucky 7, or unlucky 7 depending on how you take Laura's method of working herself in.

Spoiler: show
Hmm... if it's possible for Laura to get at the RTTP permissions, how easy is it going to be for XANA to do the same thing?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby lyokotech » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 pm

It was way too easy for Laura to write that virus! A day to discover an exploit and write shellcode without having knowledge of lyoko is improbable. I think she's ether part of Deckard or Project Carthage.

lyokotech offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:22 am

lyokotech wrote:It was way too easy for Laura to write that virus! A day to discover an exploit and write shellcode without having knowledge of lyoko is improbable. I think she's ether part of Deckard or Project Carthage.

In Laura's defense, this is the same universe where Jeremie somehow managed to speed-recode the Skidbladnir, something that was previoiusly stated to require a month.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheAppleFreak » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:57 pm

I personally think that Jeremy did that in the time between Echoes and XANA 2.0. I mean, when you have a supercomputer capable of messing with time itself, why wouldn't you mess with it here or there? I figure he probably recompiled everything on a more leisurely schedule, with no XANA to get in his way, and shut it down when he was finished messing around with it.

Also, while I do think she's showing off her Mary Sue side, it might not be entirely unreasonable to suggest that she doesn't already know some shell code, given as it looks like the supercomputer runs Linux (the code going by on the screen all the time is actually part of the Linux kernel source).
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:02 am

TheAppleFreak wrote:I personally think that Jeremy did that in the time between Echoes and XANA 2.0. I mean, when you have a supercomputer capable of messing with time itself, why wouldn't you mess with it here or there? I figure he probably recompiled everything on a more leisurely schedule, with no XANA to get in his way, and shut it down when he was finished messing around with it.

Hmm... So, by that theory, Jeremie was turning on the supercomputer for his own use during the period when the supercomputer was supposed to be offline? Do the other Lyoko Warriors know about this and would that mean the Forest & Ice Sectors would still be around if Jeremie hadn't messed around with the computer off-screen?
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ghost Guest » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:28 am

this episode made me realize i enjoy evolution much more when there's no xana attack and they focus on character conflicts. the acting may not be perfect but at least the plot becomes more interesting.
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby desincarnation » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:31 am

I think Laura is Project Carthage/Tyron's agent. All the programming stuff was just too easy for her(even if considering TAF's Linux theory). It was easier for her than for Jeremie and Aelita, who are supposed to know Lyoko's structure from inside out! And her disabling RTTP effect on herself? How did she know?
But hey, if it turned out to be true, it would be one hell of a plot twist :P
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby TB3 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:00 pm

My main issue (notwithstanding how happy I was to see the kids finally getting called on cheerily rewriting people's minds and getting a laugh out of it) was how did Laura get the supercomputer to recognize her as an entity that was to be exempted - previously the rule (as demonstrated in 'Xana Awakens') was that you need to have been scanned in order to gain RTTP immunization. Does the supercomputer complex monitor every person that enters and leaves as a security proceedure, and Laura simply exploited that - evidently she found some way to do a workaround that didn't work on the same principle as the kids themselves, given how her memory came back in drips and drabs.

I really want Laura to not be an antagonist - indeed, I'd really love to see her gradually opening up to the group.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:16 pm

TB3 wrote:My main issue (notwithstanding how happy I was to see the kids finally getting called on cheerily rewriting people's minds and getting a laugh out of it) was how did Laura get the supercomputer to recognize her as an entity that was to be exempted - previously the rule (as demonstrated in 'Xana Awakens') was that you need to have been scanned in order to gain RTTP immunization. Does the supercomputer complex monitor every person that enters and leaves as a security proceedure, and Laura simply exploited that - evidently she found some way to do a workaround that didn't work on the same principle as the kids themselves, given how her memory came back in drips and drabs.

Magic Web-Cam Face-Recognition, perhaps. Whatever she did, it seems dead weird Jeremie can't counter whatever she did. Eh, maybe XANA should look into that... :evilking:
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Annd my catchup has reached this point.

Things are getting interesting enough that I think I'll be resuming catchup a lot faster now though. :nyeh!:

In Laura's defense, having graduated with a Network Security concentration, I always thought Jeremie and Aelita have a terrible understanding of secure coding practices. (Or even plain good-coding practices, if Jeremie used Git then the Skid being destroyed wouldn't be an inconvenience at all! :nyeh!: )

Not gonna bother with more detailed thoughts, as it's getting late and I'm sure anything I'd say would already have plenty proven wrong to people who finished the season months ago. ;)
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:57 am

Tangent128 wrote:Annd my catchup has reached this point.

Things are getting interesting enough that I think I'll be resuming catchup a lot faster now though. :nyeh!:

In Laura's defense, having graduated with a Network Security concentration, I always thought Jeremie and Aelita have a terrible understanding of secure coding practices. (Or even plain good-coding practices, if Jeremie used Git then the Skid being destroyed wouldn't be an inconvenience at all! :nyeh!: )

Not gonna bother with more detailed thoughts, as it's getting late and I'm sure anything I'd say would already have plenty proven wrong to people who finished the season months ago. ;)

I always thought that the reason the Skid being a pain in the ass to recreate was because it would take too long to recompile, and having multiple Skids would eat up more machine resources than necessary.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:05 am

TheAppleFreak wrote:I always thought that the reason the Skid being a pain in the ass to recreate was because it would take too long to recompile, and having multiple Skids would eat up more machine resources than necessary.

I wonder how much memory/disk space the Skid takes up?
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Given the super computer can apparently store data/processing power in the wires between computers, it should hardly matter. ;)

Park the extra Skids on Google's servers if you need resources! :nyeh!:

(even if compiling took a while, you'd think direct copying the binary would be trivi- agh, CL, you never change @_@)
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter