Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:03 pm

The Code Lyoko Evolution Thread!

General Evolution discussion (Season 5)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby TheTsunamix » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:37 pm

ArgentDandelion wrote:Maybe Searching was misinformed, or they have since changed the date? Initially planned dates can change to later times than first expected, like for movies or movie releases. Please do not insult Searching, Lord Quackstar.

And besides, wasn't it already mentioned, or at least assumed, that MoonScoop's quite off when it comes to dates? For example, the website was supposed to get an update or something like that in like February or somewhere around there and look where it is now. One month off is actually quite an accomplishment for MoonScoop's standards.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Gadget » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:42 pm

I am not saying I know how moonscope works, Or If SL is correct or not. But don’t you think if they where planning to release a season 5 fairly soon, Wouldn’t they release some kind of information about it. I don’t think they would just say where working on “Somethingâ€
Gadget offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:53 pm

Solved the debate by looking through the thread. Correct: SL's alleged e-mail notes an announcement in late 2010. But I agree, Moonscoop could be just stalling because of a scheduling or contract holdup- of course, they wouldn't want to confirm unless whatever it is has a high chance of success.

Or of course, they could not be making an announcement because it's just not happening, and SL thinks this is a way to keep the bygone base active. Because we all need to be circling the sun that is Lyoko. It'd be interesting to sit back and watch how things... play out.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Carth » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:06 pm

Can we all just stop being haters for a second and calm down? Just because a tree fell in the forest doesn't mean SL chopped it down...

That's Carth-ese for "I'm afraid everyone hates me because I happen to be excited about CL's iTunes release"
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:52 am

Carth wrote:Can we all just stop being haters for a second and calm down? Just because a tree fell in the forest doesn't mean SL chopped it down...

I concur. All things aside, SearchingLyoko honestly cares for the show and the fandom, which I think is admirable. He and LF had some problems and we parted ways not too nicely. This isn't a secret. But we don't need to jump down his throat every time it appears that his eagerness was misplaced. Plans change - it's entirely possible that Moonscoop is planning a Season 5 and is just being delayed. It's also entirely possible that SL either heard incorrectly or even faked the information. We don't know, and it's inappropriate to make assumptions either way. Attitudes on both sides of this conflict we seem to be in have been ignoble.

To be very frank, LQ, I think your comment was a bit rude. SL isn't Lyoko Freak's arch-enemy - in fact, I gather that in the English-speaking Code Lyoko circle he's generally popular and well-liked. I don't think gloating is appropriate.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:20 pm

Everyone, am I going to have to put a hold on any and all updates regarding Season 5 (whether they be for the worse or the better) unless they come with undeniable evidence or at least proof from an official source? (And no, SL's images do not count here for the same reasons that made them highly suspect months ago).

Because seriously, if we're all going to start arguing about what's the truth and what's not, maybe it's better we not post about updates until we're actually sure of their validity and/or they are officially advertised for. I'm hoping that's not what this is coming to but I'm kinda sick of the endless debate and misinformation regarding this show that's been tossed around lately, and it's not even all on this forum. *sighs*

...On the upside, I am rather pleased with the iTunes release of the first and second seasons myself. ...Now if only I had iTunes. >_>;
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Saphire-089 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:58 pm

Mew they have season 3 too :D . I'm downloading it onto my ipod right now.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Tigerlily » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:33 am

Now what I've seen and heard on various sites is that Code Lyoko season 5 did come out on Feburary 2010 somewhere else (besides the United States) in the world. Anyone wana comfirm or deny that?[/quote]
Tigerlily offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby TheTsunamix » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:43 am

Tigerlily wrote:Now what I've seen and heard on various sites is that Code Lyoko season 5 did come out on Feburary 2010 somewhere else (besides the United States) in the world. Anyone wana comfirm or deny that?

It hasn't. If it had, there would be a big announcement by not just MoonScoop, but some of the hardcore fans as well.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Tigerlily » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:55 am

TheTsunamix wrote:
Tigerlily wrote:Now what I've seen and heard on various sites is that Code Lyoko season 5 did come out on Feburary 2010 somewhere else (besides the United States) in the world. Anyone wana comfirm or deny that?

It hasn't. If it had, there would be a big announcement by not just MoonScoop, but some of the hardcore fans as well.

ohh okay thanks I got confused at first
Tigerlily offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Tigerlily » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:58 am

They should definitely make a season 5 though: Code Lyoko was my favorite show. I still watch it on youtube or kabillion
Tigerlily offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:02 pm

I guess it could go either way...

Oh, BTW, Tigerlily, could you watch for double posting? If you need to edit a post with something else after it's uploaded, you can always use the handy dandy edit button .w. It makes reading posts easier, and keeps the forums relatively spam free.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby desincarnation » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:35 pm

Hi everybody.
I was searching for some news about season 5, and found this PDF on Moonscoop's website.
http://www.moonscoop.com/files/FREE/CL_reloaded_va.pdf Warning: 19 Mbytes large, download advised.
It basically... describes how something we could call season 5 of CL will look like! :O

TL;DR:
It's named Code Lyoko Reloaded, and according to the PDF, it consists of 26 episodes.
It's going to be LIVE ACTION and 3D.
The gang is 2 years older than in Season 4.
It seems that XANA is back. And he's gifted with speech.

Unfortunately, no dates of release included. But it's from Moonscoop, so.... omgomgomg! :D
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Carth » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:40 pm

Can't talk or form a coherent opinion.

Will be back when discussion forms.

OH MY F'ING GOD
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:57 pm

I'll give this a try before I can form a full opinion. But usually, live-action spinoffs of cartoons don't do so well.

EDIT: I just look at the live-action costumes, and the actors in them. I fewl like throwing up. Aelita looks like Miley Cyrus. :puke:
Last edited by Taelia on Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby KayLenny#7 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:03 pm

Either it's fake, or moonscoop is really tacky. I mean come on... Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus are on the page with their faces bleeped out. What's more... it said Jeremie has never been virtualized in Lyoko. That's not true. He was. We just didn't get to see him.
Formerly known as Numbuh 7

I'm out. Have fun homies.
KayLenny#7 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:17 pm

KayLenny#7 wrote:Either it's fake, or moonscoop is really tacky. I mean come on... Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus are on the page with their faces bleeped out. What's more... it said Jeremie has never been virtualized in Lyoko. That's not true. He was. We just didn't get to see him.

I'm not surprised that Moonscoop is, as we say at my school, "bootleg." Anything that isn't explicitly CL art is clip art. Those collages next to the characters are just to give us a sense of their fashion sense in what may be the live-action series. Yes, the celebrities were tacky and I was frowny-face to see them. But still, you have to admit this proposal (for that is what it is) has some promise?

Taelia wrote:I'll give this a try before I can form a full opinion. But usually, live-action spinoffs of cartoons don't do so well.

EDIT: I just look at the live-action costumes, and the actors in them. I fewl like throwing up. :puke:

Those aren't the costumes they're going to use, Taelia! They're a clip-art collection used so that we can get the feel of what they WANT. Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber are not gonna be in CL. <s>and if they are I will march over to france and personally ask them to stop</s>
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:21 pm

Ah, phew. That was close. I was this close to ranting. BUT if they ARE gonna do a live-action thing with the franchise, it HAS to be celebs that can fit the parts WELL and not just be cute faces that stare into the cameras.

Besides, like I said, live-action spinoffs of cartoons don't do very well and anger the fanbase usually. USUALLY. I mean, look at both live-action Scooby-Doo movies. They were terrible.
Last edited by Taelia on Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby KayLenny#7 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Carth wrote:Those aren't the costumes they're going to use, Taelia! They're a clip-art collection used so that we can get the feel of what they WANT. Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber are not gonna be in CL. <s>and if they are I will march over to france and personally ask them to stop</s>

The thought of those two in CL (or even next to CL images) makes me feel dirty. I'mma need a shower... -afk 45 minutes lol-
Formerly known as Numbuh 7

I'm out. Have fun homies.
KayLenny#7 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:29 pm

XANA having the ability to talk, I can understand. :) Next, they'd give him a body.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Maybe someone hacked Moonscoop's site and added this just to make people raise their hopes. I mean they have Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber blurred. XD

Jeremie's page has "Saison 4", that's a translation part gone wrong.

Is there a file in french regarding this?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Taelia » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Also, look at the live-action Bratz film. (resounding "ewwwwwwww!")
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheAppleFreak » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:32 pm

Hmm... I'm curious about how this would turn out. While I did cringe a lot at seeing Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber, and while I did notice a slew of spelling errors, a few things made me become curious about its authenticity – namely, how there is Frederic Perrin art in the mix that has not yet been released on his website (namely page 16, the unfamiliar shot of the interior of the factory; last time I checked, that art was never released, or page 18 with the overhead shot of the computer lab). Also, this is accessible from Moonscoop's CL page, which given the hodgepod of code that they use in the actual page might mean that it's fully intentional. I'd really like to take a look at the press kit, but I don't have a username or password and breaking into that is unethical hacking.

Also, I don't think I'd like seeing this in live action.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Taelia » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:34 pm

Me too. Not yet anyway.

Look at Jonny Quest. All three installments of the franchise were cartoons, and now a live-action movie is in development (hopefully based on the 90s cartoon with their own virtual adventures.)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby desincarnation » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:54 pm

I see that you are rather sceptical about it. I also was at first, after the first WOW passed. A slideshow with so many promising stuff after such a long time since last episodes were aired, it's just too many good news at once. However, it comes from Moonscoop themselves, which makes me believe it 100 times more than some questionable e-mails we've discussed on the forum before.
I also WTF'd when I saw those clips next to the characters. But, as Carth said, they are just ideas. However I'd really hate the idea of Aelita being a sort of Hannah Montana clone... And what is a figure which obviously belongs to Justin Bieber doing next to William? Shouldn't he be more like Robert Pattinson or Zac Efron? ;D
I haven't seen a live-action spin-off of an animated series before, so I will restrain my judgement about this idea. A presentation like this one evokes many expectations. It wouldn't be good to turn them all negative, I think. The PDF states that "[the live-action parts] will have a distinctive visual style, leaning towards animation, very colorful and graphically dense". No idea how they're going to achieve it, but hey, at least the huge forehead issue would be solved. :D
Anyway, I feel encouraged to keep an eye on this now.

Is there a file in french regarding this?

Just did a search and failed to find it. Weird thing is, Moonscoop seems to have their site in English only. *shrugs*
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

PreviousNext