Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:59 pm

The Code Lyoko Evolution Thread!

General Evolution discussion (Season 5)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby MY85 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:04 pm

Yeah, I noticed. It's rather odd how the "Presentation" link leads to the PDF file of something that is/was supposed to be executed in the future.

Someone's getting fired for that. XD

If the stuff planned gets to be materialized, I wonder if it is because of the success Tron: Legacy had (Code Lyoko can be compared to it). They're gonna fail hard if they aim for a cinema release. Straight-to-DVD would probably be better.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Tekirai » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:38 pm

It went kaput when I tried to look at it. IT'S A SIGN

seriously though I'm still pretty 8| at the idea of live-action CL. It's like they're trying to give it more potential reasons for people to go THAT SHOW? PFFFT IT SUCKS and I'm really afraid that's going to happen.

That and I... just don't take part in fandoms that aren't cartoons/video games/comics because I'm weird. I wouldn't know how to take to this if it went anywhere.
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:42 pm

If I were to cast Sissi, I'd say "13-year-old girls with long, raven hair and large, natural breasts ONLY. No implants."
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby KayLenny#7 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:58 pm

Taelia wrote:If I were to cast Sissi, I'd say "13-year-old girls with long, raven hair and large, natural breasts ONLY. No implants."

All awkwardness aside... They are supposed to be seniors in high school now. So that gives a lot of potential for eh...developed parts.
Formerly known as Numbuh 7

I'm out. Have fun homies.
KayLenny#7 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:59 pm

No, I mean for a live action thing that takes place in the universe we're accustomed to.

Keep in mind that they might not do a live-action thing at all and that they're probably just testing us.
Last edited by Taelia on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:13 pm

If the pdf is right, it takes place like two years after Season 4 ended. Anyways, about time they grow up. Should have happened during the last two seasons.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Taelia » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:14 pm

What? You hate them being kids forever? :cussout: Immortality is AWESOME. They look more adorable as children.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:45 pm

Do you fear death so much, Taelia? :horns:

And where did you get that I "hated" to see them as kids? i said it before, the fanbase grew up, but the kids didn't. Not cool for me. I'm sure some can point out that The Simpsons get away with this, but in their cases, they try to keep their material somewhat fresh and relevant, at least with their celebrity use and parody of events around the world and whatnot.

Somebody else say something, please.
MY85 offline

Postby Taelia » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:47 pm

Yes, I fear death because I almost DID die once. ;__; Wrong topic to talk about it though.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:00 pm

Yes, you're correct. This isn't the topic to talk about it.

The pdf stated the following:

Our heroes are now two years older. They've got their (almost) normal teenage lives back, and they're all now seniors in high school.

So they will grow up and it's live action. Well... I don't think they'll succeed unless they get big names and that might even push it...
MY85 offline

Postby Stonecreek » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:03 pm

MY85 wrote:Yes, you're correct. This isn't the topic to talk about it.

The pdf stated the following:

Our heroes are now two years older. They've got their (almost) normal teenage lives back, and they're all now seniors in high school.

So they will grow up and it's live action. Well... I don't think they'll succeed unless they get big names and that might even push it...

They shouldn't all be in the same grade, either. Yumi and William are a year above the rest of the gang.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Taelia » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:04 pm

This won't end up becoming real. I still have doubts.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:16 pm

Stonecreek wrote:They shouldn't all be in the same grade, either. Yumi and William are a year above the rest of the gang.
True, but in live adaptations, there are chances that the scriptwriters might ignore said detail.

They could have Odd and Ulrich being a year behind Jeremie, Aelita and Sissi. It would be credible since both sucked in exams and this time there's no RRTP that can save their asses. :P Or Jeremie helps them scrape through school. Sissi? She's the daughter's principal, she'll pass somehow.
MY85 offline

Postby desincarnation » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:22 am

I was wondering about that too. Either they will notice and fix it, or neglect it.

Annd did anyone notice that it is hinted that Yumi and Ulrich are a couple? "[Yumi] is now with Ulrich, which has made them both stronger"... so, no longer just-friends? :D
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:29 pm

desincarnation wrote:I was wondering about that too. Either they will notice and fix it, or neglect it.

Annd did anyone notice that it is hinted that Yumi and Ulrich are a couple? "[Yumi] is now with Ulrich, which has made them both stronger"... so, no longer just-friends? :D

I noticed that too, but my parents had cut my Internet access when I saw it so I couldn't comment on it.
...in fact, it's not so much hinted as blatantly stated. It's on both the Yumi and Ulrich slide.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Gadget » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:01 am

Personally I think this would be neat… If done right.

So many cartoons have crashed and burned making live action series, while others have succeeded.

As for the “boot leggingâ€
Gadget offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby tbcr » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:41 pm

I called my bull card after seeing the pdf. the color choice was an eyesore. It also came to me trying to calm SL down on IRC. (he took it over serious)(it also didn't work)
Lead Developer for KadicStation 13 Branch.
tbcr offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby QWERTY » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:41 pm

Gee, guys, maybe instead of injecting sh!tty fake PDF's into Moonscoops site, we can crack the password to This instead.

That might get us some real information.

EDIT: Wait a minute. Go here. http://www.moonscoop.com/distribution-6.html

See what I see? My link from earlier is labeled, in big flashing letters, "SCREENING ROOM"

Now click on "PRESENTATION". It's a link to the PDF!

I doubt some hacker did this. Maybe some asshat employee at Moonscoop.

EDIT: Yeah, press kit, too. We gotta get into that.
Last edited by QWERTY on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QWERTY offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Stonecreek » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:43 pm

QWERTY wrote:Gee, guys, maybe instead of injecting sh!tty fake PDF's into Moonscoops site, we can crack the password to This instead.

I see you are new here. I suggest reading the rules (no swearing on the open forum is one), and making a Newbie thread wouldn't hurt either.

Anywa, welcome.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby QWERTY » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:52 pm

Stonecreek wrote:
QWERTY wrote:Gee, guys, maybe instead of injecting sh!tty fake PDF's into Moonscoops site, we can crack the password to This instead.

I see you are new here. I suggest reading the rules (no swearing on the open forum is one), and making a Newbie thread wouldn't hurt either.

Anywa, welcome.

Yeah, I've been weekbanned from the CLV again. I finally emailed the admin and got my account created. I guess I'll stay here even after my weekban is up, because you guys are... were translating the novels.

I'm not really new to the CL community, so please don't act like I'm some newbie.

QWERTY offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:03 pm

QWERTY wrote:
Stonecreek wrote:

Anywa, welcome.

Yeah, I've been weekbanned from the CLV again. I finally emailed the admin and got my account created. I guess I'll stay here even after my weekban is up, because you guys are... were translating the novels.

I'm not really new to the CL community, so please don't act like I'm some newbie.

Rules is rules though. Don't take it personally, however. Even members who have been here for months forget that rule. It's just a reminder, cuz we have to keep the visible forum compliant with Internet Child Safety Laws and swearing kinda factors into that.

...The newbie thread is mostly to introduce yousrself to people on the forum (a lot of us here aren't at CLV so we...don't know who you are xD; ), plus it's a requirement for some of the forum extras around here. Your choice though.

In any case, going back on topic, this is a cool find, but still kinda highly suspect...for pretty much all the reasons everyone else has pointed out. Oh well...time will tell.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TheLQ » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:12 pm

And exactly how do you expect us to crack this?

• We have no name of the person who runs that protected part of the site, so no social engineering attacks. This includes any impersonation or password reset attacks
  • We don't know any of the usernames, so cracking is next to impossible.
  • Cracking the password really relies on start with what the person likes and what makes sense, which we don't have
  • A brute force attack would take longer than the Earth has time to live before the sun turns super-nova.
So in short - impossible.

If you give us any more information then maybe I'll have a go.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Gadget » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:57 am

I would also like to point out, that cracking the password on any part of moonscope website is illegal. Actually that kind of security setup is easy to get threw, but again like I said illegal, so lets not try shall we. We can dig around there site all we want looking for links, But hacking into the site is actually illegal, And I don’t feel like loosing my certifications just because I want to see that.
Gadget offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheLQ » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:37 am

Gadget wrote:I would also like to point out, that cracking the password on any part of moonscope website is illegal. Actually that kind of security setup is easy to get threw, but again like I said illegal, so lets not try shall we. We can dig around there site all we want looking for links, But hacking into the site is actually illegal, And I don’t feel like loosing my certifications just because I want to see that.

I'm not sure about your Certifications, but I don't think the CompTIA certifications come with a warning saying that if you hack you loose them. I'll ask around since I'm actually curious about this now

How is HTTP Basic Auth easy to get around?
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby desincarnation » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:47 am

Looks like that presentation I found was taken off Moonscoop's website. Now there's a new pdf with time stamp February 11th 2011. Of course it does not mention anything like a new series. It's similar to old Reloaded pdf, just updated with some new info about broadcasting and merchandise.
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

PreviousNext