Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:18 pm

The Code Lyoko Evolution Thread!

General Evolution discussion (Season 5)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby SuperKad » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:06 pm

TheAppleFreak wrote:I'll wait until they release photos and voice samp... OH HOLY CRAP I JUST REALIZED THEY'LL HAVE TO REDUB FOR ENGLISH, WHICH MEANS NON-SYNCHRONIZED LIP MOVEMENTS

It's better in animation where lip synching isn't as important, but live action? That won't look good. If a casting call is going on, though, this means that the show was greenlit for production (and eventual redistribution). Let's just hope it has a coherent plot and good CGI.

Is there any official word about it being released in English as well? It might just be released in French.

SuperKad offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:35 pm

TheAppleFreak wrote:I'll wait until they release photos and voice samp... OH HOLY CRAP I JUST REALIZED THEY'LL HAVE TO REDUB FOR ENGLISH, WHICH MEANS NON-SYNCHRONIZED LIP MOVEMENTS

It's better in animation where lip synching isn't as important, but live action? That won't look good. If a casting call is going on, though, this means that the show was greenlit for production (and eventual redistribution). Let's just hope it has a coherent plot and good CGI.

If they really want to put the effort in, maybe they'll re-shoot for English...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheAppleFreak » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:54 am

The CL team just released the Evolution logo. VERY interesting take on what we've all learned to know and love.
Their main website also has been updated from the old splash page to a new "Coming Soon" with this new logo.

I'm not going to make any judgment on it yet. I'm gonna see where it all goes (hopefully, an English reshoot is not out of the question).
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby LadyLucy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:35 pm

OMG!!! I just saw that on DA, somebody posted it on one of the CL fan groups.
It looks so awesome!!!! *does dance* I can't wait...I can't wait....
Very Tron-ish. ^^ Which makes it even cooler.
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby green » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:15 pm

This is lovely and gorgeous and shiny

but

i miss the gunship logo already
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheTsunamix » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:21 pm

What hasn't been mentioned here and should is that the CL Facebook page said we would be getting a new surprise this Monday. Could this be the new website? A teaser? Something else?

This will probably be the only time I say this, but I can't wait for Monday.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby desincarnation » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:48 pm

http://www.codelyoko.com/?page_id=65&lang=en

That's all for big news for today.
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Shark » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:51 pm

I know it's been forever since I've been here, and I apologize for not being around (mostly laziness and real life stuff), but I'm actually really excited about this! I hope they dub, or at least, sub this for the non-French speaking crowd.
Shark offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheTsunamix » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Looks like they're advertising the casting call on television now.

Also, I know this was found out yesterday, but only today did they announce on Facebook that the new CL website was up. It's kind of weird how it wasn't announced yesterday.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Shark » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:21 pm

Canal J seems to be advertising the same thing.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but in this video, I thought I heard "new season". Speculation?
Without music, life would B-flat
Shark offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Shark wrote:Canal J seems to be advertising the same thing.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but in this video, I thought I heard "new season". Speculation?

You heard right. I think they're simply referring to the new series as a continuation of the old.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby xiaozanghou » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:42 am

Here's my translation of their FAQ page for the casting:

Why make it live-action?

Responding to the international success of Code Lyoko, Moonscoop and its partners wanted to create a new season of the hit series--but with added novelty and realism! This is a great challenge, but Moonscoop is very careful to keep the "DNA" of the series and is listening to the fans of the series. Code Lyoko Evolutions opens up a new era and will captivate you!

Will we find our heroes the same as when we left them?

Yes and no. This new series will be partly shot in live action. That is to say, you will find Yumi, Aelita, Odd, Ulrich, Jeremy and William in 3D on Lyoko, of course, but you'll also see them filmed in the real world, this time with real actors(you guys?) on real sets.

Do I have to live in France to participate in the casting?

Not particularly, but it is imperative to speak French (without an accent), since the filming will be in French and take place in Angoulême. So if you're Swiss, Belgian, a fan of Code Lyoko, and are in Angoulême: sign up!

Why aren't you looking for lookalikes? Can I apply if I don't look like a Lyoko Warrior?

Of course! The physical aspect is important for casting, but we primarily focus on the acting talent and personality. No need to dye your hair purple to fool the casting leads if you don't exactly resemble Odd. If your personality is interesting, makeup will do the rest. Know that more new characters that are envisioned for this new season... So don't wait, and try your luck!

I am olded than 18, can I register for casting?

A priori, nothing prohibits it. If you have a strong personality and can act younger than your age, why not! But priority will remain to applicants who are between 14 and 18 years old, to be closest to the of the age of our heroes.

Are you looking for extras?

For now, we are mainly looking for the main and secondary roles that you already know about. Other characters will come that you don't already know. The extras will be "cast" shortly before the shooting and in the region of Angoulême only. Of course, Moonscoop will inform you of the openings and offer you the opportunity to participate!

I have put forward my application, how will I know if I am selected or not?

Despite the large number of applications we receive, we are prepared and each of you will receive an answer, even if it's negative, by telephone or in your mailbox. No final selection will be made before the end of the casting scheduled for late March, so if you still have not received a response by then, don't worry, we haven't forgotten you.

You asked for a body shot and a picture, what are the details?

In order to have the best idea of what you look like, the casting leads need two photos: one that represents your full face, close-up and preferably without accessories or hair that hide your eyes (a portrait), and another that shows you full-frontal, head to toe (the full body shot). Try as well as possible to present these photos in a reasonable format, neither too large nor too small. If your photos do not match or you are not clearly distinguished (picture blurred or too small), your application will be temporarily disabled and you will receive an email asking to present new photos.

Will I be contacted for further auditions in the future?

A priori, no. Effectively, as shown in the casting rules, we do not keep your data at all for anything other than this casting call. However, it is not impossible that your profile will interest the casting director, even if it does not correspond to what we are looking for Code Lyoko's casting. In this case, he/she will contact your parents to ask permission to keep your contact information.

I get an error message when I register for the casting.
I have not received a confirmation email, what should I do?

If you experience technical difficulties when registering, and only in this case, use the form on this page to contact the company Darnox, which is responsible for developing the casting form and this "FAQ" page. In your message, remember in to specify the nature of your problem and the error message if any, and enter the name you specified when you registered. Use this page for technical questions, otherwise you will not receive any response.

I have a question related to the casting which isn't answered here.

If you have already entered your application, ask your question in response to the confirmation email that was sent, otherwise contact Moonscoop via the link at the bottom of the home page of this site.
╭☆★☆
http://cl-evolved.com/
╰★☆★
xiaozanghou offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: they asked me where i planned to go then i pointed at the stars and said i haven't really chose

Postby Taelia » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:35 am

Why produce it in France? What if there are groups of Warriors in, say, Bev Hills?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheTsunamix » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:03 pm

Taelia wrote:Why produce it in France? What if there are groups of Warriors in, say, Bev Hills?

Maybe because the company that produces the show is located in France? lol. Seriously though, it's probably just because of the obvious reason that they want French speakers they can fully understand.

It could also be that they don't want to go to all the trouble to arrange accommodations for people who most likely can't afford to stay long enough for the many days of re-shooting each individual scene and take. Like in many movies, each scene is most likely not going to be successful the first take.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheLQ » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:07 pm

xiaozanghou wrote:Why aren't you looking for lookalikes? Can I apply if I don't look like a Lyoko Warrior?

Of course! The physical aspect is important for casting, but we primarily focus on the acting talent and personality. No need to dye your hair purple to fool the casting leads if you don't exactly resemble Odd. If your personality is interesting, makeup will do the rest. Know that more new characters that are envisioned for this new season... So don't wait, and try your luck!

And this is where all the Code Lyoko Cosplayers signed up at once
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:06 pm

I just noticed on the English version of the main page, their "Lyokofans" section makes specific mention of CL.fr. Maybe we could get them to list LF when the true English version goes live (instead of a quick translate).
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Jazzy Josh » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:41 am

Problems solved: Large foreheads.

Problems created: Large hair-gel budget and how to get Odd's hair to look correct.

Maybe they should get in touch with The Mittani for the first problem.

EDIT:

I just now thought about this, but the vast majority that watched the show now lie far outside its demographic. Heck, I felt out of the demographic during S4. If this was to start, I don't see how they can easily continue the story from when it left off, at least not without several episodes of explanation.

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby xiaozanghou » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:01 pm

Jazzy Josh wrote:I just now thought about this, but the vast majority that watched the show now lie far outside its demographic. Heck, I felt out of the demographic during S4. If this was to start, I don't see how they can easily continue the story from when it left off, at least not without several episodes of explanation.

That would be just fine for the writers. A couple of episodes rehashing the backstory just means less new story/filler episodes they have to make up.
╭☆★☆
http://cl-evolved.com/
╰★☆★
xiaozanghou offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: they asked me where i planned to go then i pointed at the stars and said i haven't really chose

Postby TheTsunamix » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:15 pm

More Evolution news: http://www.sudouest.fr/2012/02/29/en-ch ... 42-813.php

It's in French, but after a quick translation I was able to make this out:

CLE will be produced by MoonScoop's 3D animation subsidiary, AnteFilms, and a small company known as Norimage, which I found nothing about other than an under construction website, so I'm guessing their relatively new.

It will be filmed in an Angouleme school and in green-screen studios in the Saint-Yrieix area.

Casting will be completed in late March with shooting beginning in June and final production ending in October.

And something that should address probably the biggest concern the fans have had: The show's budget will come to 5.6 million euros (nearly 7.5 million dollars), with 2.1 million (2.8 million dollars) of it going into the live action portion.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby green » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:31 am

TheTsunamix wrote:And something that should address probably the biggest concern the fans have had: The show's budget will come to 5.6 million euros (nearly 7.5 million dollars), with 2.1 million (2.8 million dollars) of it going into the live action portion.

I'm not good ad translating money figures into good/bad signs for these kind of things. Is this good news?
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheTsunamix » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:42 am

green wrote:
TheTsunamix wrote:And something that should address probably the biggest concern the fans have had: The show's budget will come to 5.6 million euros (nearly 7.5 million dollars), with 2.1 million (2.8 million dollars) of it going into the live action portion.

I'm not good ad translating money figures into good/bad signs for these kind of things. Is this good news?

I don't really know either, so allow me to post a quote from CLV regarding the issue:
Evil Jeremy from CLV wrote:Well, half hour network TV programs generally cost anywhere between 1.5-3 million dollars. Since this is a children's show, it will considerably less. Nickelodeon live action shows cost about $200,000 per episode. CL isn't a sitcom and would have more sets, but it's also only half live action, so the price should be around the same. I don't know the French economics, so it could be more or less, so 2.8 million for the life action part sounds about right. Again though, I don't know French TV show economics.

After doing the math, I found that the budget would come to nearly $300,000 per episode (with nearly $110,000 going into the live action portion), so given the above info, I'd remain skeptical, yet cautiously optimistic.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheTsunamix » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:55 pm

Sorry to double post, but the folks at CLV managed to find a little something:

From what we understand, it appears to be concept art for the outfits for the new season in comparison to that of season 4.

Any thoughts? Like the change? Hate it?
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:15 pm

Where did Ulrich's forehead go? It looks so... normal.

More seriously, though, it's an interesting find (thanks, btw). They definitely look older, and the more saturated visual style is intriguing to say the least. I'll wait for more information before judging.

According to Google Translate, though, they say it's not 100% reliable information, so it might change with time. They say in the next issue, they'll offer more information regarding the new series.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Carth » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:39 am

YES!! I just found it, so I raced over to post it here but then you guys already found it! Good Lyokofreak, best forum! :D

Oh man, there are NO WORDS for the things I am feeling right now. Look at it! Aelita's eyebrows actually look like eyebrows! And her hair, look how detailed it is! Yes, it's not top of the line 3D, but for the budget it looks FANTASTIC! And no more face stripeys! I guess even they knew those looked kinda weird. :P

And now, Ulrich! He's missing half his face! His forehead is gone! He ALSO has real eyebrows now instead of those weird triangle things! But it all just looks amazing and perfect...

As for that information...I DO recall that they said something about how Ulrich and Yumi were gonna be a couple...I do hope that we at least see them getting together...Oh man...oh man...

Edit: Also I renamed the thread because this Season 5 is long confirmed. :D
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:50 am

WHAT IS THIS EYEBROW BUSINESS? THOSE ARE NOT TRIANGLES. ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE.

AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE DISTINCT PUPILS AND IRISES. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS.

And Aelita looks so... I dunno... spacey? Those light eyes and her expression. It's kinda blank. Especially without the warpaint. It would be a good look if she were actually an AI, but she's actually a real human person, soooo... I mean, it's like they took out all the sass and just packed in more pink.

Sorry, had to get the gripes out of the way. Otherwise, very sleek.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext