Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:36 am

The Code Lyoko Evolution Thread!

General Evolution discussion (Season 5)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby SilverPrince » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:24 pm

MY85 wrote:And the way the names are spaced on the letter makes me kinda doubt its veracity.

That was the first thing I noticed about the email; the names were spaced strangely. I didn't think much of it, though. Also, you've taught me a new word: veracity.

MY85 wrote:I might be in the minority for this, but I hope a 5th season doesn't happen at all.

Actually, I'm leaning that way a bit, too. I can only imagine in what horribly lame way they'll come up with to bring XANA back for a potential 5th season. I mean, I hated the way they got rid of him in the first place. "HI I'M JEREMIE. IT TOOK ME 25 EPISODES TO MATERIALIZE SOMEONE, BUT ONLY LIKE 2 OR 3 TO GET RID OF THE ANTAGONIST OF THE WHOLE SERIES. AREN'T I AMAZING."

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheLQ » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:46 pm

The Rev. SilverPrince wrote:
MY85 wrote:I might be in the minority for this, but I hope a 5th season doesn't happen at all.

Actually, I'm leaning that way a bit, too. I can only imagine in what horribly lame way they'll come up with to bring XANA back for a potential 5th season. I mean, I hated the way they got rid of him in the first place. "HI I'M JEREMIE. IT TOOK ME 25 EPISODES TO MATERIALIZE SOMEONE, BUT ONLY LIKE 2 OR 3 TO GET RID OF THE ANTAGONIST OF THE WHOLE SERIES. AREN'T I AMAZING."

I think thats because most of the show is filler. Season 1 was the worst with absolutely nothing happening till the last 2 episodes. They have improved slightly, but even Season 3 was just awful.

Random speculation:
  • Aelita really wants her father, so they turn on the super computer and try everything. Then it turns out Xana was hiding somewhere building an army and holding him hostage, then... *insert rest of ridiculous story*
  • Xana awakens somewhere by somebody else and *insert rest of more ridiculous story*
  • Some new evil character appears and they have to fight them
  • The show becomes Superman-like and the kids somehow start fighting bad guys in the real world
  • Somebody else has a supercomputer and they fight each other.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby green » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:59 pm

Lord.Quackstar wrote:
The Rev. SilverPrince wrote:

I think thats because most of the show is filler. Season 1 was the worst with absolutely nothing happening till the last 2 episodes. They have improved slightly, but even Season 3 was just awful.

Random speculation:
  • Aelita really wants her father, so they turn on the super computer and try everything. Then it turns out Xana was hiding somewhere building an army and holding him hostage, then... *insert rest of ridiculous story*
  • Xana awakens somewhere by somebody else and *insert rest of more ridiculous story*
  • Some new evil character appears and they have to fight them
  • The show becomes Superman-like and the kids somehow start fighting bad guys in the real world
  • Somebody else has a supercomputer and they fight each other.

Which is why I think, if it's at all possible, season 5 should just be an adaption of the novels. I mean, so far it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do story wise.
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ArgentDandelion » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:28 pm

....oh dear, getting off topic. This should be a sort of "Season 5 ideas" thread, because this is off-topic. Like I stated earlier, they are thinking of turning the engine on again, not upgrading it and giving it flame decor. ("specactular ideas" and such) I actually liked Season 1, even if it is Nostalgia Goggles; going into detail would prolong an argument..... Surely, this is not a specific-Season bashing thread; if you dislike Code Lyoko, then I have to wonder why you are here, for if you disliked it, how could you ever have come to be a fan?

We should not talking about the possibilities of the content of a Season 5, simply the possibility of a Season 5 at all.
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Asantewaalrus » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:09 pm

MY85 wrote:I might be in the minority for this, but I hope a 5th season doesn't happen at all. It was bad enough to watch Season 3, I had to live up to my "I'll watch CL until it ends"promise and stomach through Season 4.

Code Lyoko is more like the Shrek franchise. Might have some entertaining moments, but the magic is gone.

And the way the names are spaced on the letter makes me kinda doubt its veracity.

We're in the minority together, then.

Code: Lyoko is one of the series I'm happy had an end, everything was wrapped up, and to revive it would ultimately be pointless. : /

There are things they could fool around with, but even then, a whole season wouldn't really be needed -- it would just drag stuff out.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Tekirai » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:07 pm

I'm a person who doesn't mind the possiblity of a series I like getting extended randomly, simply for interest's sake. If a fifth season is going to be made and on it's way, I'll be taking the stance of "welp you let me know how that goes" and I'll watch and see how it is.

Of course, usually, it ends up being terribad. But I can appreciate new turns on things, and I'm not thinking NO ARGH LEAVE THE SHOW ALONE with CL because there was never really a whole lot going for it anyway. I always say I hated season 3 and didn't like 4 as much either, so if we ended up with another bad season, I'd be like OWELL. So. Yeahhhh.

tl;dr Teki is curious about the idea of another season and wonders about what will happen, rather than about how bad it'll probably be.
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:19 pm

ArgentDandelion wrote:....oh dear, getting off topic. This should be a sort of "Season 5 ideas" thread, because this is off-topic. Like I stated earlier, they are thinking of turning the engine on again, not upgrading it and giving it flame decor. ("specactular ideas" and such) I actually liked Season 1, even if it is Nostalgia Goggles; going into detail would prolong an argument..... Surely, this is not a specific-Season bashing thread; if you dislike Code Lyoko, then I have to wonder why you are here, for if you disliked it, how could you ever have come to be a fan?

We should not talking about the possibilities of the content of a Season 5, simply the possibility of a Season 5 at all.
Argent, I believe that is enough Mini-modding. When TB3 gets on and reads through the posts, it'd be his choice about what to do with the thread.

Until then, there is NO harm in expressing views about a season 5, be it that you want one or don't.

I'm balancing between Rodri's argument and Tekirai's. I don't think the last two seasons really moved anything, and I think the show never had much going for it (The plot is inventive and rather original, but not very flexible. But I found when the show suddenly switch from episodic to linear, I felt so confused. It was a crazy little show, with schytzophrenic moments, in the end.). But I wouldn't immeduately call foul if a fifth season were released. There's just as much a hypothetical chance that it would work than it wouldn't.

And some things you can't mess up more.

Unless you can think of something worse?

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:02 am

I'm remembering the (what was it, season four?) episode where Jeremie has been in the factory the whole time and then it suddenly cuts away to him in his room still talking to the gang on Lyoko briefly.
Yeah, I don't think it can get too much worse.

I'm not really holding out much hope for an S5 to even happen, but I think doing the books would really be about the best way to go about it, and I say that even having only read one of them.
That or they could hire me to write it, you guys like dark-fic right? ;)
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby ArgentDandelion » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:11 am

AngelBolt wrote:
ArgentDandelion wrote:....oh dear, getting off topic. This should be a sort of "Season 5 ideas" thread, because this is off-topic. Like I stated earlier, they are thinking of turning the engine on again, not upgrading it and giving it flame decor. ("specactular ideas" and such) I actually liked Season 1, even if it is Nostalgia Goggles; going into detail would prolong an argument..... Surely, this is not a specific-Season bashing thread; if you dislike Code Lyoko, then I have to wonder why you are here, for if you disliked it, how could you ever have come to be a fan?

Argent, I believe that is enough Mini-modding. When TB3 gets on and reads through the posts, it'd be his choice about what to do with the thread.

Until then, there is NO harm in expressing views about a season 5, be it that you want one or don't.

*quietly withdraws into a corner from the scorn of an admin* *quietly mutters* "It's Dandelion, not Argent..."

In other words, I am sorry that I have upset you or any logic; I really dislike upsetting admins on forums, since I quite fear their scorn or warning. I was not aware I was "Mini-modding", and....*rocks inconsolably* Must be agreeable to admins...must be agreeable to admins...
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby . » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:30 am

Really?

Listen I loved this show as much as the next guy, but it was a sleeper hit at best. And by their last season it lost a helluva lot of the "edgey"ness that made me fall in love with it in the first place. I lost interest the moment Aelita stopped being wide-eyed and Yumi/Ulrich broke up. The last fleeting interest was William being an emo douche and even then? Ruined when he gets "possessed" by XANA and loses all his personality. Just a generic villian.

I thought at one point they might pull a Matrix moment and have robotic william rebel because he didn't want to die, but no.

Plus the series ended, I'd like to think the characters moved on with their lives. It be like if JK Rowling wrote another Harry Potter novel. Suddenly Harry isn't the boy who lived, he's the boy that couldn't catch a break.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:43 am

ArgentDandelion wrote:
AngelBolt wrote:

*quietly withdraws into a corner from the scorn of an admin* *quietly mutters* "It's Dandelion, not Argent..."

In other words, I am sorry that I have upset you or any logic; I really dislike upsetting admins on forums, since I quite fear their scorn or warning. I was not aware I was "Mini-modding", and....*rocks inconsolably* Must be agreeable to admins...must be agreeable to admins...

For future reference then, "Mini-modding" or "Backseat Modding" as I tend to call it is taking duties the Mods (and Admins) have and doing them yourself. Such as telling people to get "back on topic", stating what a threads intended subject is, and just generally ordering other forum-goers around. Now sometimes a little Back-Seat Modding is helpful in cases like where a fight is about to break out or two members are "hogging" a thread with stuff that would best be discussed in PM but in short, kindly don't do it if you can help it. That's not your responsibility, especially when it comes to thread subjects (particularly on threads that weren't even created by you to begin with). That's for a Mod or Admin to decide.

Thank you. *takes off Admin hat*

...And now to steer this back around, yeah...still highly skeptical of these. Something's rubbing me wrong about those scans too a page back. They kinda look...shopped. >_>; Mind you, this has less to do with them being sent through SL...and more to do with the fear that someone really bored out there is playing a really mean joke on us fans. <.<
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:04 am

I don't think the problem is shopped as much as it is they were too shopable. Notice there's nothing like a full screenshot, it's more like a picture of a Word document. How hard is it to color something in cobalt? And there's no header or subject line or even a to: from: form. Post a screenshot that doesn't look like a romp in word, and I'll be a little more convinced.

And was it just me, or was the 'we don't live in a world without danger' line a little too.. campy? Or is it my age? Oh 'scoop, if you do make a season five, realize your fanbase has grown up~

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:11 am

AngelBolt wrote:I don't think the problem is shopped as much as it is they were too shopable. Notice there's nothing like a full screenshot, it's more like a picture of a Word document. How hard is it to color something in cobalt? And there's no header or subject line or even a to: from: form. Post a screenshot that doesn't look like a romp in word, and I'll be a little more convinced.

And was it just me, or was the 'we don't live in a world without danger' line a little too.. campy? Or is it my age? Oh 'scoop, if you do make a season five, realize your fanbase has grown up~

You know, that pretty much sums up my concerns exactly. Especially with the lack of a "full screenshot". All we have are two separate images that supposedly support the same source. ...Idk about that. >_>
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:21 am

The Rev. SilverPrince wrote:I mean, I hated the way they got rid of him in the first place. "HI I'M JEREMIE. IT TOOK ME 25 EPISODES TO MATERIALIZE SOMEONE, BUT ONLY LIKE 2 OR 3 TO GET RID OF THE ANTAGONIST OF THE WHOLE SERIES. AREN'T I AMAZING."

Which is why I doubt very much XANA is gone for good. All it'd take is for the sperm program to have "missed a spot" (one infected computer which happened to be off-line at the time,for example) in it's purge and XANA's fine.
Last edited by Cassius335 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rho » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:39 am

My three big hopes should this be a reality:

-Base it on the novels! Show the various locations, have Eva Skinner in there.

-New voice cast. Sorry, but overall, some of the voice acting is sub-par. Besides, we don't know if all of them are going to be available or they'd do it. As I said before, Crispin Freeman as Ulrich kthnxbai

-Get it a good TV deal. I do not trust Cartoon Network to treat this well. It will air at 6AM on weekdays should it ever come to life. Nicktoons, please. (come on. DBZ Kai and Code Lyoko airing side-by-side with new episodes would be pretty cool.)
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby . » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:49 pm

Rho wrote:My three big hopes should this be a reality:

-Base it on the novels! Show the various locations, have Eva Skinner in there.

-New voice cast. Sorry, but overall, some of the voice acting is sub-par. Besides, we don't know if all of them are going to be available or they'd do it. As I said before, Crispin Freeman as Ulrich kthnxbai

-Get it a good TV deal. I do not trust Cartoon Network to treat this well. It will air at 6AM on weekdays should it ever come to life. Nicktoons, please. (come on. DBZ Kai and Code Lyoko airing side-by-side with new episodes would be pretty cool.)

Remember the days when you could get in trouble for mocking the voice acting cause the actors would hang out here?

Are you high? Keep this shiz away from Viacom.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:17 pm

Plus, the voice actors we know and love are fantastic!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:22 pm

Carth tells me that the general sentiment about the hypothetical fifth season is that it shouldn't happen. And I'm here to tell you, don't give up now!

Not a lot of shows get the chance to live again, even for a little while, after ending. Especially not smallish cult shows like CL. As its remaining fandom, we should rejoice!

I shall be following this more closely than I've followed anything CL-related since at least two years ago. Color me intrigued.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby PurpleEinstein » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:29 pm

hmm, yeah got me really excited. When people said about iTunes, that seemed legit. Season 5...well recently Code Lyoko's facebook has been updating every few days or so, I don't know if they'll continue it, but that could be somewhat of a sign that they're trying to bring back Code Lyoko.
The past creates the future, depending on how hard you work in the present, that effort becomes your past, and that connects to your future
--Palmer, Pokemon: DP Galactic Battle; Historical Mystery Tour
PurpleEinstein offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby dEaTh_bAt_pRiDe » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:28 am

We cant say excatly if SL photoshopped the image, or if it is the real email.

Ive tried to email Moonscoop in english (and) also in my native French, i havent gotten a response.
All i can say is wait to see if CL is released on Itunes, and see where it goes from there
other wise, it isnt a legit source.
dEaTh_bAt_pRiDe offline
New Kid
New Kid

Location: As the Shard bled blue, the bat bled black, mixing to create LyokoIceShard

Postby JesusFreak » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:39 am

Assuming this is real:

If it's good, awesome.

If it's bad, we can have a grand ol' time making fun of it.

EVERYBODY WINS.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby TheLQ » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:47 pm

*unlocks time capsule

Didn't someone in this topic say it would be the later half of 2010? Well unless its released in December, I think its safe to assume SL was lying.

Damn you SL
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ArgentDandelion » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:16 pm

Maybe Searching was misinformed, or they have since changed the date? Initially planned dates can change to later times than first expected, like for movies or movie releases. Please do not insult Searching, Lord Quackstar.
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheAppleFreak » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:40 pm

ArgentDandelion wrote:Maybe Searching was misinformed, or they have since changed the date? Initially planned dates can change to later times than first expected, like for movies or movie releases. Please do not insult Searching, Lord Quackstar.

SL could have been going along by Valve Time, which might explain it. However, it might be worth checking with the Moonscoop execs for verification.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Carth » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:44 pm

I don't remember seeing that date anywhere. The only thing I remembered was the promise of CL on iTunes. Not insinuating anything...but it is there now, rather out of the blue.

*...runs away*
Carth offline

PreviousNext