Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

The Code Lyoko Evolution Thread!

General Evolution discussion (Season 5)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Carth » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:07 pm

I just realized there was a message from SearchingLyoko up there, and I'd like whoever's in touch with him to give him this message -

---

Hello, SearchingLyoko! This is Carth from that place that did stuff. Jakarooni posted a message from you in our thread about the Cloe Garbay email, and after reading through it I decided I had a few things to say. Commencing things to say.

Lyokofreak's skepticism about the legitimacy of this e-mail is, admittedly, a knee-jerk reaction. There has been no large CL-related news for years, novels aside, so skepticism is everyone's immediate response. And I won't beat around the bush when I say that many people are not willing to believe news that comes from you, simply because it's you and not many LFers can feel like they trust you. But we're not attacking you - we, like everyone else, just want some confirmation before we get naked (or Communist) and dance about it. C:

I've sent emails to both Cloe Garbay and Christophe Di Sabatino asking about the situation. If either of them reply favorably, I'll get screenshots out to you and the community immediately (including the French and Spanish ones that also got the email), and then you have every right to gloat about how you were right. Or, if David DiLorenzo replies to you, please send us a screenshot - preferably with the e-mail address showing! - along with your requisite gloating.

Finally, I'd like to thank you for sending the e-mail to Teebs to share with us. Even if everyone is bating their breath for now, I'm sure when confirmation comes out there'll be a lot of happy souls both at LF and CLU. If you're willing to rebuild a relationship, then I'm willing to do the same. Animosity causes a lot more trouble than it's worth. I hope that's convincing enough...8D;

Here's hoping for the best!
Carth

P.S. I don't think I can make any promises about unbanning... but if you have anything else to say to me, my email address is starphan@hotmail.com.

P.P.S. I'm willing to believe what you say about Moonscoop's odd rhetorical practices. Not even their mainsite is in that good a brand of English.

P.P.P.S. Look, I'm abusing the letter P too!

---

I'll also send this to the CLU Youtube account... is this a good idea?
Carth offline

Postby Lani » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:18 pm

Season 5? Hmm hmm, feel my skepticism come off in waves. Even if it is legit, I wonder how they're going to pull it off? Does some other idiot turn on the supercomputer or does the gang just turn it on for kicks again or what?

Or is it going to be completely different? Like, 70 years in the future or something? Some smart chick at Kadic decides she needs some robot parts and finds the old factory and turns it on and has an "OH SH--" moment before doing research and finding that the only person who could possibly assist her is the adult son of Jeremie and Aelita named Te-

oh. Sorry. Wrong series. :|a
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheLQ » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:40 pm

Lani wrote:Season 5? Hmm hmm, feel my skepticism come off in waves. Even if it is legit, I wonder how they're going to pull it off? Does some other idiot turn on the supercomputer or does the gang just turn it on for kicks again or what?

Or is it going to be completely different? Like, 70 years in the future or something? Some smart chick at Kadic decides she needs some robot parts and finds the old factory and turns it on and has an "OH SH--" moment before doing research and finding that the only person who could possibly assist her is the adult son of Jeremie and Aelita named Te-

:D

Option 2 - They get a message from Franz Hopper. Then they turn on the super computer and Xana spreads in some majical way and they need to contain him in some way. More filler

Option 3 - Xana spreads after one of the supercomputers he infected gets booted up for the first time (btw, who the hell abandons a super computer?!). Xana attacks. New people and more filler

Option 4 - Franz Hopper appears, and they continue his research. This one would be interesting, but has potential to be boring.

Option 5 - Season 1, except newer. In short, they start out in the middle of the story and its a bunch of fights in the internet.

More realistically:
Option 6 - Somebody got ahold of a high rankers emails and blasted off this to a bunch of people. Or this could be a very elaborate SL scheme, although I kinda doubt that, since he didn't mention CLU anywhere. Or more likely somebody impersonated the people in the email with a basic program or website knowing that the victim would never respond to emails in a timely fashion, and the receiving people did not do DNS checking. This is actually pretty easy to do, and is how phishing works sometimes.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Gadget » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:08 pm

I will hold my comments and excitement to myself until we get this confirmed.

Call me silly, but couldn’t we first get Searching Lyoko to forward us a copy of the letter along with the email it was sent from. Back trace the email address so we know it’s actually Christophe. And then once we confirm that the email account is really his. Send an email to Chris asking him if he actually sent out this letter. Or has someone already tried that?

Actually since where sending messages to Searching, Who ever is in contact with him give him this message.

“Can you please forward me a copy of the letter to my email address along with the email address it was sent from? My Email is GadgetServerNetwork@hotmail.com.â€
Gadget offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Carth » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:52 pm

Gadget wrote:If he does actually respond to my message and I confirm the email address, I will ask one of the forum mods to actually email chris because he would be more likely to respond to one of you.

I did send an email to him yesterday, but I wouldn't expect a response until the work week begins. And yes, tech-savvy people, try as hard as you can to confirm the address!
Carth offline

Postby ArgentDandelion » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:22 am

I have asked SearchingLyoko about this matter on YouTube.

"Although you have been banished (I am not going to say the other B-word...it might bring bad memories to you) from the Lyokofreak forums, I am not sure whether or not you can still read the posts there. On the topic pertaining to the message expressed on your most recent video, there has been some doubt and even the impression that the message you received could have been an elaborate hoax."

SearchingLyoko's reply:

"I know. I'm contacting MoonScoop for verification at this time and refuse comment until then."
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby green » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:26 am

Lord.Quackstar wrote:
Lani wrote:Season 5? Hmm hmm, feel my skepticism come off in waves. Even if it is legit, I wonder how they're going to pull it off? Does some other idiot turn on the supercomputer or does the gang just turn it on for kicks again or what?

:D

Option 2 - They get a message from Franz Hopper. Then they turn on the super computer and Xana spreads in some majical way and they need to contain him in some way. More filler

Option 3 - Xana spreads after one of the supercomputers he infected gets booted up for the first time (btw, who the hell abandons a super computer?!). Xana attacks. New people and more filler

Option 4 - Franz Hopper appears, and they continue his research. This one would be interesting, but has potential to be boring.

Option 5 - Season 1, except newer. In short, they start out in the middle of the story and its a bunch of fights in the internet.

More realistically:
Option 6 - Somebody got ahold of a high rankers emails and blasted off this to a bunch of people. Or this could be a very elaborate SL scheme, although I kinda doubt that, since he didn't mention CLU anywhere. Or more likely somebody impersonated the people in the email with a basic program or website knowing that the victim would never respond to emails in a timely fashion, and the receiving people did not do DNS checking. This is actually pretty easy to do, and is how phishing works sometimes.

Whatever they do (on the off chance this is authentic and S5 comes to be), I vote inclusion of XANEva \o/
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby optimus304 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:31 am

we have confirmation. from SL

let the mayhem begin
been thier, destroyed that, saved them,
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby penguin30 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:41 am

Even with that, hopes of a fifth season really shouldn't be raised. They're not committed to anything yet or iPhone emails wouldn't be the news source.

penguin30 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Carth » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:05 am

Just got those from SL myself. Well, well, well. I don't know about you all, but I'm smiling.

penguin30 wrote:Even with that, hopes of a fifth season really shouldn't be raised. They're not committed to anything yet or iPhone emails wouldn't be the news source.

But, still, what SL's given us is some source of information. When a company plans something, there's no promise that they'll go through with it - but a plan is the ghost of a promise. It also connects everything to Moonscoop, and as so very strange as Moonscoop is it still has control over CL. So...uh...I think I'm gonna call this a strange, strange win.

Of course, the techies like Lord.Quackstar can still cry foul, and we really can't be sure of anything until any of the promises hit pay dirt, but...would it be an acceptable thing now to dance maybe a little? C:
Carth offline

Postby Rho » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:06 am

My vote is for episodes based on the novels.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheTsunamix » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:31 am

After reading this email, I can honestly say that I'm convinced. Regardless, of what I said in my previous post, after all, maybe she really didn't know, or maybe it was just an error in translation. True, it doesn't necessarily mean that a fifth season will be made, but I am glad that they're at least looking into it. Also, if it does get made, I wouldn't mind seeing episodes based off the novels, considering, (like most people on the forum) that I've only read the first book.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby ArgentDandelion » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:20 pm

For persons like me, there is joy.

For skeptic persons, there is something more to consider.

SearchingLyoko made another video on YouTube; CodeLyokoUnited was able to e-mail MoonScoop and confirm that she (Cloe Garbay, from which the message directed towards the communities was from) does work for MoonScoop, and confirm that MoonScoop is indeed considering a Season 5 for Code Lyoko.

Obviously, "considering" does not mean "we will give you an episode in a week", but for this to be confirmed as authentic does make a cheerier likelihood.

The video also detailed that if "you needed to see the actual screenshot of the e-mail, please e-mail CodeLyokoUnited@yahoo.com and we'll send it to you ASAP"

So, what is to be determine is what is to be done from there, and how to push for a Season 5. (CodeLyokoUnited) [is] beginning to work with a "French Group" "to help make [this] happen."

I present this in the case that not all of you have seen the video itself---I hope my message is not superfluous.
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:48 pm

Well, we're one step up that pyramid I originally outlined. Things that have to happen now are: This has to rise to the top of Moonscoop's 'to do' list, and they have to get some network(s) actually interested.

Still, it's kind of nice to see that they are even considering this. I would have thought this to be a franchise that was winding down, and here the owners are publicly saying "we could do this again."

So keep watching the skies I suppose, just don't get too invested too quickly.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby desincarnation » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:25 pm

AmericanLyokoTeam wrote:So keep watching the skies I suppose, just don't get too invested too quickly.

Exactly my thoughts. Patience is a virtue. Just keep watching and waiting for further news. At least that's what I am going to do.
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Taelia » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:17 am

I'm a little bit skeptical.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:45 pm

Seconded. SL Does not exactly have the best reputation for good group management, and when we last conversed, he still struck me as someone willing to rile things up to keep the fanbase active. Overzealous is not generous enough a term.

And I recall seeing a quote... CLU working with 'a french group'? Rather vague, isn't it? Sounds more like they're making their own season 5 or similar project. Which is not CL.

IF (and only if) this is serious, we would be hearing about it through other channels. It simply does not make sense that someone within the company would respond to one single e-mail that plans for a season 5 are in consideration. It leads to speculation like this. It tends that companies like this try to keep as much a handle on the distributed information. They would make a more official release that would go directly to stronger known hubs like the official site, Moonscoop/Taffy's website, and, hey, we even have TB3. he's like the ultimate Lyokofan representative! If you need an example, think of the leaked letter from Bones about FMA: Brotherhood. I can't think of a single reason why a company would show its cards to anyone that happened to send an e-mail, especially this late after the end of season 4.

The mere fact alone that this unauthorized, unprofessional wannabe fangroup has the ONLY information, are the ONLY ones being contacted, and state that anyone wishing for more info should contact THEM for a screenshot? Does that sound a little fishy to anyone else? That they are, in a way, the special marked ones, mimicking the chosen one position? In the fan world, we call that Marysue-ism. Instead of lining up all the out of character coincidences for a convenient interested party, doesn't it make more sense that this is a concoction of idealized center-of-the-universe self-flattery for a group formed in a dormant/inactive fanbase by a young, inexperienced zealot with absolutely NO demonstrated fanbase-interaction skills?

My say? Hold your cards, the signs don't add up. I'm more willing to believe SL is generating excitement for another one of his pet projects. (If you were here during his little Lyokofreak escapade, you KNOW how he love his pet projects.) Wait until information on the Moonscoop/Taffy site Independent news from Codelyoko.com or Codelyoko.fr. A leak that definitely comes from the mouth of the people in charge of the project, and most importantly not from the mouth of SL or anyone related to the CLU project.

*tosses two pennies in the thread jar, and a quarter in a jar labelled "AngelBolt needs to post more often"*

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby ccbtimewiz » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:13 am

The Rev. SilverPrince wrote:I would like to point out that "favourite" is used in the first sentence, while the spelling "favorite" is used in the penultimate paragraph. Maybe I'm over-analyzing, but I would think a press release would be edited by someone to get rid of such slips. If it were a press release.

Frankly, I don't believe this for a second. I'll believe it if a source a bit more reliable than SearchingLyoko says something about it.

My sentiments exactly.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TheTsunamix » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:49 am

Cloe Garbay has sent another email to some Spanish fansite:http://lyokoextremadura.mforos.com/1411460/9787611-moonscoop-contesta-hacen-congreso-en-octubre-diciembre-d-lyoko-finales-agosto-noticias/

After running it through Google Translate, it seems to say something about a possible event that will take place between October and December and that they will have a sure answer by the end of August.

Also, in response to the skepticism, I just like to give my full reasoning as to why I think that this is legit.

1: There is a huge difference between a press release and an email meant for fans, so of course it will sound unprofessional.

2: SearchingLyoko wasn't the only one who got the email. Codelyoko.fr and a few other fan sites got it too with no mention of CLU. Therefore SL had nothing to do with it, because if he did, those sites would have credited him for providing the email. Also, and I hate to go off topic on this, I am sick and tired of hearing people say that SL faked this only because of something that happened half a year ago. I'm not saying what he did was right, I'm just saying everyone needs to let it go and move on.

3: As for it not being on the official website, Moonscoop themselves cannot yet confirm a season 5. You wouldn't put a public announcement on your own website saying you're considering making a fifth season, you would put a public announcement up saying you are making a fifth season.

4 (And most important): If the email were fake, it would flat-out state that a fifth season is confirmed, and it doesn't say that at all, it says that they might do it. If I know anything about demanding and overzealous fanbases, if they faked an email, they wouldn't say something as vague as 'in the early stages of reflection'. they would say something like 'SEASON 5 CONFIRMED!!!'. In fact, you are all getting ahead of yourself. You treat this as it were actual confirmation, (Which it isn't).

That's all I have to say. I don't mean for this to sound like a huge rant, I'm just giving out my personal opinion on this subject, which just happened to be a lot to say. If it does turn out to be fake, I apologize in advance.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheLQ » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:27 pm

TheTsunamix wrote:Cloe Garbay has sent another email to some Spanish fansite:http://lyokoextremadura.mforos.com/1411460/9787611-moonscoop-contesta-hacen-congreso-en-octubre-diciembre-d-lyoko-finales-agosto-noticias/

After running it through Google Translate, it seems to say something about a possible event that will take place between October and December and that they will have a sure answer by the end of August.

Also, in response to the skepticism, I just like to give my full reasoning as to why I think that this is legit.

1: There is a huge difference between a press release and an email meant for fans, so of course it will sound unprofessional.

2: SearchingLyoko wasn't the only one who got the email. Codelyoko.fr and a few other fan sites got it too with no mention of CLU. Therefore SL had nothing to do with it, because if he did, those sites would have credited him for providing the email. Also, and I hate to go off topic on this, I am sick and tired of hearing people say that SL faked this only because of something that happened half a year ago. I'm not saying what he did was right, I'm just saying everyone needs to let it go and move on.

3: As for it not being on the official website, Moonscoop themselves cannot yet confirm a season 5. You wouldn't put a public announcement on your own website saying you're considering making a fifth season, you would put a public announcement up saying you are making a fifth season.

4 (And most important): If the email were fake, it would flat-out state that a fifth season is confirmed, and it doesn't say that at all, it says that they might do it. If I know anything about demanding and overzealous fanbases, if they faked an email, they wouldn't say something as vague as 'in the early stages of reflection'. they would say something like 'SEASON 5 CONFIRMED!!!'. In fact, you are all getting ahead of yourself. You treat this as it were actual confirmation, (Which it isn't).

That's all I have to say. I don't mean for this to sound like a huge rant, I'm just giving out my personal opinion on this subject, which just happened to be a lot to say. If it does turn out to be fake, I apologize in advance.

FINALLY SOMEONE SPEAKS ABOUT SL'S LEAVING!

SL ≠ Fake. Just because he left in a straight ban does NOT mean he is fake. He's a good person. I was there during the ban, he was just annoying and went a little out of line, not hacking the server and deleting everything.

Moving on, even the spanish website doesn't matter. Duplication of an email in multiple languages STILL does not prove its authenticity. This is why I am simply waiting for an official announcement (which as Tsunamix said, might take a while). I think were getting to caught up in the email. If you want, I can impersonate the forum and (attempt to) phish your passwords just to show you how easy it is.

I think we just need to wait for OFFICIAL word, and stop bashing/loving SL. I will believe it when I see it on Moonscope's website or it comes on TV. We all will. But until such time, lock perhaps?
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheTsunamix » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:32 pm

FINALLY SOMEONE SPEAKS ABOUT SL'S LEAVING!

SL ≠ Fake. Just because he left in a straight ban does NOT mean he is fake. He's a good person. I was there during the ban, he was just annoying and went a little out of line, not hacking the server and deleting everything.

Moving on, even the spanish website doesn't matter. Duplication of an email in multiple languages STILL does not prove its authenticity. This is why I am simply waiting for an official announcement (which as Tsunamix said, might take a while). I think were getting to caught up in the email. If you want, I can impersonate the forum and (attempt to) phish your passwords just to show you how easy it is.

I think we just need to wait for OFFICIAL word, and stop bashing/loving SL. I will believe it when I see it on Moonscope's website or it comes on TV. We all will. But until such time, lock perhaps?

I'm glad you agree with me. We all do crazy (even slightly illegal) things, but that doesn't mean that we're all around bad people.

Also, on the Spanish site, that wasn't a duplication of the previous email. I even said, or meant to say, it was a different email. But I agree, waiting for an official word is the only way we'll know for sure.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Nah, not quite yet. As long as we can turn this away from a bashing/promoting SL flamewar, I see no reason why people who want to earnestly talk about would have to do so somewhere else.

As for my own defense, it's an opinion of mine, based on my own experiences, that's all. I'm sure SL is a good person, but he's just not my... type.

Anyways, if they were to do a season five, what kind of changes would you guys like? Season 2's big thing was the 3d graphic overhaul, season 4's was the outfit changes, and season three- ... Let's just pretend season 3 didn't happen? That William just walked up to XANA's door and say "Ohai, I need bad boy appeal now to impress the girl who has clearly rejected me for the sake of prolonging teen angst for a few dozen more episodes that culminates in pretty much nada, can I join your club?" and then XANA'd be all like "Oh yeah, sure cookies and black spandex and punk boots and a blunt sword all around!". And then it was season 4.

If this were to be the ultimate season of CL, to make up for the randomly-explained supercomputers and loose ends and cop outs, what would you guys like?

I could go for some more Jerlita, YxU, and some OddxSissi if it ends humerously. :devil2:

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:52 am

AngelBolt wrote:If this were to be the ultimate season of CL, to make up for the randomly-explained supercomputers and loose ends and cop outs, what would you guys like?

I could go for some more Jerlita, YxU, and some OddxSissi if it ends humerously. :devil2:

I'd actually quite like JxA to break up, if only because their relationship is stale as all get out.

On the XANA side of things: Maybe henshin devices of some desc ription to let the Warriors assume their Lyoko forms on Earth without having to go via the Skid? It'd make defending Kadiac a hell of a lot simpler...

On the "It'll never happen, but I can dream" front, I'd like to see them drop a few supernatural threats (not related to XANA, obv), just to mess with the kids world-view. Werewolves would be good, since Aelita has prior history involving wolves...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ArgentDandelion » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:26 am

Cassius335 wrote:
I'd actually quite like JxA to break up, if only because their relationship is stale as all get out.

On the XANA side of things: Maybe henshin devices of some desc ription to let the Warriors assume their Lyoko forms on Earth without having to go via the Skid? It'd make defending Kadiac a hell of a lot simpler...

On the "It'll never happen, but I can dream" front, I'd like to see them drop a few supernatural threats (not related to XANA, obv), just to mess with the kids world-view. Werewolves would be good, since Aelita has prior history involving wolves...

I disagree with you on the JxA breaking up, although I agree making....*checks* Supernatural-not-related-to-XANA? You can create werewolves and still have them related to XANA; XANA has made people zombies before, why not werewolves? Besides, this might be going off-topic, this topic is not about potential attacks and ideas that may be present in/if a fifth Season came, this is about Moonscoop's considering the possibility of a fifth Season. From this point, it seems more that they are wondering if they are going to start the engine again than give it upgrades and flame decor.
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby MY85 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:09 pm

I might be in the minority for this, but I hope a 5th season doesn't happen at all. It was bad enough to watch Season 3, I had to live up to my "I'll watch CL until it ends"promise and stomach through Season 4.

Code Lyoko is more like the Shrek franchise. Might have some entertaining moments, but the magic is gone.

And the way the names are spaced on the letter makes me kinda doubt its veracity.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

PreviousNext