Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 8:13 am

The Code Lyoko Evolution Thread!

General Evolution discussion (Season 5)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby desincarnation » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:41 am

Looks like it's decided, then. Live action and 3D.
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Taelia » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:44 pm

I will pass judgement until I see some stills or something.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:22 pm

TheTsunamix wrote:A couple of news articles: http://kidscreen.com/2011/06/09/moonsco ... ode-lyoko/
http://www.worldscreen.com/articles/display/30163

Not too much that's interesting, but I found it nice that this news is becoming noticed by other websites. Also, it does seem to confirm that it is indeed live action/animation.

Also, Kabillion's seemed to make note of Season 5 on their front page

Pleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuck...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby green » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:57 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
TheTsunamix wrote:A couple of news articles: http://kidscreen.com/2011/06/09/moonsco ... ode-lyoko/
http://www.worldscreen.com/articles/display/30163

Not too much that's interesting, but I found it nice that this news is becoming noticed by other websites. Also, it does seem to confirm that it is indeed live action/animation.

Also, Kabillion's seemed to make note of Season 5 on their front page

Pleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuck...

+1
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Beikoku no rikugun » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:12 am

let us all cooperate to protes tlive-action on facebook and other ways to contact the owners.

Beikoku no rikugun offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby ArgentDandelion » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:32 am

You misspelled "protest."

You may have better luck elsewhere. The folk of Lyoko Freak are...well, they seem to like to sit back and watch, not participate in any important fan matters. You might even annoy them here when you advocate it.

Also, the plan (assuming you are from the same community I am from that is pertinent to the matter of making Season Five purely animated) is not to protest. Protesting is uncivil. What we plan to do is politely ask them. Even if you are not from the same community, I advise you that you still be as polite as possible when addressing the creators.
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby penguin30 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:08 am

It's clear they've already committed to the idea of doing a hybrid live-action/animation series, given the press releases. No amount of asking/demanding/whathaveyou is going to make them go back on that now.

penguin30 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:47 am

The first news article wrote: In addition, the company is developing a MMORPG in collaboration with CJ Internet. The gaming experience will include full 3D, real role-playing universe and a full combat system.

Read more: http://kidscreen.com/2011/06/09/moonsco ... z1PRzI4miG

I love how they're advertising the fact that their MMORPG will:

1) Be massively multiplayer

2) Have roleplaying elements

3) And be a game

As for the 5th season...I am going to withold judgement until I see some stills or something. It could be cool...

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Saphire-089 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:51 am

I don't think I'm going to watch this. It just doesn't seem right that they're going to suddenly use live action after 4 seasons of animation. :no:

Sorry if this post offends anyone.
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Tekirai » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:39 pm

I was never a fan of live-action so I probably won't watch this either

maybe

I might see the FIRST episode and if it repulses me enough I won't watch any more of it. I would only want to be around for the funny character relationships because I am single-minded.
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:10 pm

I don't think I'm going to watch this. It just doesn't seem right that they're going to suddenly use live action after 4 seasons of animation.

:puke: Me neither. It disgusts me that they're doing it, stills or no stills, pilot or no pilot. David and the others are still quite capable of voicing their characters.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby green » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:25 pm

Taelia wrote:
I don't think I'm going to watch this. It just doesn't seem right that they're going to suddenly use live action after 4 seasons of animation.

:puke: Me neither. It disgusts me that they're doing it, stills or no stills, pilot or no pilot. David and the others are still quite capable of voicing their characters.

That is assuming they don't have other contracts or obligations by this point.

Still, I'm setting my expectations pretty low for this. Don't wanna build up for something that in all likelihood will suck (though I will be very pleasantly surprised if it doesn't).
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Vodka's Vengeance » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:21 am

I'll definitely watch this. I mean, it's still gonna be Code Lyoko. But please God, why oh why do they have to put in live-action? That just seems stupid and out of place, especially after four whole seasons of pure animation. I'm crossing my fingers.
Hey Rambo, throw me a shotgun!

Vodka's Vengeance offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Taelia » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:28 am

Me too. But I still have my doubts.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheTsunamix » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:07 pm

Has anyone told Teebs or Mew about this yet? I just find it odd that they haven't said anything or given their thoughts since Evolution was first announced.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:14 am

TheTsunamix wrote:Has anyone told Teebs or Mew about this yet? I just find it odd that they haven't said anything or given their thoughts since Evolution was first announced.

I don't think we need to be told. XD We can follow the threads just fine. ;) But thanks for the thought. ^^

At any rate, I'm reserving any comment until there's more evidence that this is actually and truly going to happen. Production stills, interviews, advertisements, stuff like that. There's been too many false starts (pun intended) with continuing CL into a 5th season or whatever that I'm not entirely convinced this won't be yet another one.

To be quite frank, I'm still skeptical of the whole thing actually happening. >_>
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TheTsunamix » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:30 am

Mewberries151 wrote:
TheTsunamix wrote:Has anyone told Teebs or Mew about this yet? I just find it odd that they haven't said anything or given their thoughts since Evolution was first announced.

I don't think we need to be told. XD We can follow the threads just fine. ;) But thanks for the thought. ^^

At any rate, I'm reserving any comment until there's more evidence that this is actually and truly going to happen. Production stills, interviews, advertisements, stuff like that. There's been too many false starts (pun intended) with continuing CL into a 5th season or whatever that I'm not entirely convinced this won't be yet another one.

To be quite frank, I'm still skeptical of the whole thing actually happening. >_>

Although I understand everyone's reasons for being skeptical, I think that the announcement on the website, as well as the news articles I posted on the previous page of the topic, is proof enough.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:46 pm

TheTsunamix wrote:Although I understand everyone's reasons for being skeptical, I think that the announcement on the website, as well as the news articles I posted on the previous page of the topic, is proof enough.

That's proof that they're considering producing it, not that it'll actually going to get made. Tons of tv shows, especially those for children enter the production pipeline but end up not happening for one reason or the other. It's the way the business works.

When I have proof positive that this is actually in production and will be distributed in a form I can actually view, then I'll give it further thought. I'm not going to go off some simple press releases, particularly when we've had press releases before that amounted to, well...sadly nothing.

It's a fool me once, fool me twice, sort of scenario, honestly.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:59 am

I have to agree with Mew. Although I despise live action shows based off of animation, I've a feeling this won't be produced.

Three words: Global economic crisis.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby clfan » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:54 pm

8) look at dis

www.codelyoko.com

updated
cl fans are smart

clfan offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby TheTsunamix » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:48 pm

clfan wrote:8) look at dis

www.codelyoko.com

updated

Yeah, that's what we are talking about. Sorry, you're a bit late.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby desincarnation » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:10 pm

Aaa, and for a second I thought something really was updated. fake hopes D;

I guess next news will appear after silly season is over.
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby TheTsunamix » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:39 pm

More news from the DiLorenzo. First in regard to US airing/production progress.

And about the airing rights/fans reactions to live action.

I know it doesn't mean much, but I want to keep this topic alive with as much updates as possible, regardless of where they're from.
Last edited by TheTsunamix on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:19 am

'can not elaborate on' AKA several reasons the old fans won't like or care about. For example, it's cheaper to produce than traditional animation, and you can maybe get stars to reuse in future cheap live action productions.

I would have also included they were angling to fit into CN's new less-cartoon approach, but that actually died pretty quickly, and it looks like CN is not taking the bait here anyway.

I'm skeptical they have the market to make an English dub release for this ever work, even if the original French version gets made. VOD and direct to DVD do not bring in revenue like a good TV network down payment.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Vodka's Vengeance » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:19 pm

AmericanLyokoTeam wrote:I would have also included they were angling to fit into CN's new less-cartoon approach, but that actually died pretty quickly, and it looks like CN is not taking the bait here anyway.

This is one of the reasons I just can't watch CN anymore-the less-cartoon approach. It's Cartoon Network, for Chrissakes! Having a less-cartoon approach to a channel called Cartoon Network is both an oxymoron and completely stupid. It's like how the Sci Fi Channel (oh, I'm sorry, I mean Syfy Channel) has almost no sci fi on it anymore. It's just wrestling and reality shows, really. The only reason I still watch it is because I like Ghost Hunters.
Hey Rambo, throw me a shotgun!

Vodka's Vengeance offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

PreviousNext