Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:13 am

The Code Lyoko Evolution Thread!

General Evolution discussion (Season 5)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby TheAppleFreak » Tue May 31, 2011 3:23 pm

Huh. So the cake wasn't a lie after all...

I wonder how they're going to pull this off, you know, with XANA being dead. But this might actually get me to watch TV again, if the series is any good. Even if it isn't, I'll watch it regardless.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby optimus304 » Tue May 31, 2011 3:36 pm

i will hold all reserve until i see the finished product.
been thier, destroyed that, saved them,
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheTsunamix » Tue May 31, 2011 5:58 pm

And MoonScoop responds...

Also I figured out the reason why some people can't see the Facebook link: You need to be logged in to view it. Why? I don't know. I guess they felt it was so good, only true fans who liked the Facebook page could see it.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby JesusFreak » Tue May 31, 2011 9:34 pm

*looks at official website.*

Did Ulrich's Katana handle always look like that?

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Taelia » Tue May 31, 2011 9:43 pm

Something is fishy. VERY fishy. And don't get me started about the Scooby Doo live action films.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheLQ » Tue May 31, 2011 10:03 pm

XR! wrote:i don't think he is
All the scenes at Kadic Academy will be shot in live-action, and those in the virtual world of Lyoko will be animated. And you should also expect other surprises…

Uggg... live action?! Exactly how many times has this been done successfully compared to the times that its completely utterly failed?

Guess 2012 will be the real death of CL.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Tue May 31, 2011 10:27 pm

Live action? But there isn't an actress alive with a forehead large enough to pull off Yumi!

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby TheTsunamix » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:27 am

TheLQ wrote:
All the scenes at Kadic Academy will be shot in live-action, and those in the virtual world of Lyoko will be animated. And you should also expect other surprises…

Uggg... live action?! Exactly how many times has this been done successfully compared to the times that its completely utterly failed?

Let's take a look, shall we?

Transformers
Death Note
Scott Pilgrim
The Mask
Watchmen
And pretty much every superhero move of the past four years.

All those I feel, or at least heard for some of them, were pretty good.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Stonecreek » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:28 pm

TheTsunamix wrote:
TheLQ wrote:

Transformers
Death Note
Scott Pilgrim
The Mask
Watchmen

Yeah, those are movies, with actual movie-sized budgets. Live-action TV shows of animated TV shows seem, at best, a money grab. I sense a crap-ton of fail coming in the future. Plus, I'm sure a debate will be sparked as to whether S5 is canon or not, and flame wars will begin. Don't get me wrong - the news seems more legit that usual, which makes me happy. But it has a chance to also be The Last Airbender bad. And without M. Night, no less. I'll just say I am very much reserved about this at the moment.

And, of course, this could all be BS, like all the rumors before. Taking so long between S4 and S5 had pretty much killed any following the show once had in the U.S. Overseas, it might fly better. But I dunno.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby TheTsunamix » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Stonecreek wrote:
TheTsunamix wrote:
TheLQ wrote:

Transformers
Death Note
Scott Pilgrim
The Mask
Watchmen

Yeah, those are movies, with actual movie-sized budgets. Live-action TV shows of animated TV shows seem, at best, a money grab. I sense a crap-ton of fail coming in the future. Plus, I'm sure a debate will be sparked as to whether S5 is canon or not, and flame wars will begin. Don't get me wrong - the news seems more legit that usual, which makes me happy. But it has a chance to also be The Last Airbender bad. And without M. Night, no less. I'll just say I am very much reserved about this at the moment.

And, of course, this could all be BS, like all the rumors before. Taking so long between S4 and S5 had pretty much killed any following the show once had in the U.S. Overseas, it might fly better. But I dunno.

My point is that it being live-action alone is not enough to justify how bad it could become. Especially since we know nothing else about it.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby green » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:07 pm

TheTsunamix wrote:
Stonecreek wrote:
TheTsunamix wrote:
TheLQ wrote:

Transformers
Death Note
Scott Pilgrim
The Mask
Watchmen

My point is that it being live-action alone is not enough to justify how bad it could become. Especially since we know nothing else about it.
As skeptical as I am of the Live action, this is true. It really is too soon to tell much of anything so I'm gonna be withholding judgement until I see some stills or clips.

I agree that a US release looks unlikely because of the dead fanbase, though
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SilverPrince » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:29 pm

... pardon me while I pick my jaw off the floor.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:01 pm

green wrote:
TheTsunamix wrote:
Stonecreek wrote:
TheTsunamix wrote:
TheLQ wrote:

Transformers
Death Note
Scott Pilgrim
The Mask
Watchmen

As skeptical as I am of the Live action, this is true. It really is too soon to tell much of anything so I'm gonna be withholding judgement until I see some stills or clips.

I agree that a US release looks unlikely because of the dead fanbase, though

After they update the main CL homepage with "More Info Soon..." in English, and post it on the English Facebook page? Something tells me they're aiming for a revival here.

I'm witholding judgment until I actually see the show. Then, I'll critique it.

Also, a thought: maybe this'll tie into the novels in some way. We might be getting English translations after all.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:23 pm

The important question is will they use makeup or CGI to allow the actors to reach the forehead dimensions we all knew and loved the original for?

(Seriously though, I'm interested to see where this goes, kind of rare to see this sort of quasi-revival.)
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby green » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:15 pm

SilverPrince wrote:... pardon me while I pick my jaw off the floor.

This too '-'

AmericanLyokoTeam wrote:The important question is will they use makeup or CGI to allow the actors to reach the forehead dimensions we all knew and loved the original for?

<s>ohgod please no ;.;</s>
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:00 pm

AmericanLyokoTeam wrote:The important question is will they use makeup or CGI to allow the actors to reach the forehead dimensions we all knew and loved the original for?

(Seriously though, I'm interested to see where this goes, kind of rare to see this sort of quasi-revival.)

lol
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lani » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:25 pm

...What a coincidence, I was just watching CL the other day...

I'm half cautious and excited. Let's see where this goes :>
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby jym1 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:54 pm

I see the possibility of it being partially live action as generally a good sign. Although there is a bad history of transforming animation into LA, I think it will mainly depend on our expectations. If we keep them low, we can enjoy this new season for what it is: "Evolved." I'm actually hoping to have something with a similar theme, but with major details changed around, like some crazy messed up crossover fanfic. Kind of the way they did the .//hack series, where each season was similar but different.
Also, having a LA/animation mix could open us up to a whole different fan base bracket. Generally anything animated still has a stigma of being only for kids (ok, so CL was aimed at 7-12 year olds to begin with) but with a LA, that preconceived notion might be alleviated somewhat, and we might see some sci-fi fans dropping by, and older kids.
you've heard of LF,CLF, and probably even TL...but have you seen CLV?
jym1 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:34 pm

TheTsunamix wrote:Look at what's appeared on the official website: http://www.codelyoko.com/

And on the show's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/CodeLyoko

Thoughts anyone?

[quote="XR!"]

Brandit: apparently, someone on CLV got forwarded a supposed e-mail from moonscoop

below is the email

[quote]
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, May 31, 2011 at 4:51 AM
Subject: Code Lyoko Evolution
To: Code Lyoko <codelyoko>

To all Lyoko-fans,

Many of you have been sending us messages asking us to produce a fifth season of your favourite series Code Lyoko, and we would like to thank you for that.

Today, thanks to you (and all your messages!) it is a great pleasure to finally confirm that we will be producing a brand new 26 episodes series of : “Code Lyoko Evolutionâ€
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:51 pm

Seems that quite a few regular Tropers are intrigued by the idea of a fifth season as well, though also ambivalent on the live action.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ccbtimewiz » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:29 am

At first I was somewhat uneasy with the fact it would be live action, however with some more consideration of how it *could* be done, it actually *could* work. It all depends on how they film it, how the actors look, what scenes they use it for, how they emulate the school itself...

It can work very well... actually it could work more than well. However it needs to be done exactly right, which I completely doubt that it will.

Here's hoping they won't screw up too much...
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:13 am

ccbtimewiz wrote:At first I was somewhat uneasy with the fact it would be live action, however with some more consideration of how it *could* be done, it actually *could* work. It all depends on how they film it, how the actors look, what scenes they use it for, how they emulate the school itself...

It can work very well... actually it could work more than well. However it needs to be done exactly right, which I completely doubt that it will.

Here's hoping they won't screw up too much...

Looking back at the leaked PDF, it appears as if they might create sets based off of Lakanal Academy, the inspiration for Kadic. If they do that, or actually film on site, then this might turn out good.

Recreating the factory, though...
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:23 am

Under the factory (Super-Calculator, Scanners etc) can probably be done in-studio.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheTsunamix » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:30 pm

A couple of news articles: http://kidscreen.com/2011/06/09/moonsco ... ode-lyoko/
http://www.worldscreen.com/articles/display/30163

Not too much that's interesting, but I found it nice that this news is becoming noticed by other websites. Also, it does seem to confirm that it is indeed live action/animation.

Also, Kabillion's seemed to make note of Season 5 on their front page
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:34 pm

The City of Paris refers to a collège in English as a "high school."

So guess what, guys. THEY ALREADY ARE IN HIGH SCHOOL.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext