Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 am

Old fan + lurker

New to the forum? Come here and introduce yourself!

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Old fan + lurker

Postby TeganGibby » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:26 am

Name: Tegan
Location: Michigan-ish (I'm sure Google will give you more precise info, but I'll limit it in this post)
How did you find Lyoko Freak?: Known about it forever; just decided to make an account
Reason for username: First name + nickname

Thought I would fill out the form for formality, but now you get to actually hear about me. I am 19 and a freshman at a local conservative Christian College, majoring in Computer Science and Japanese. Video games are a huge passion of mine; I have a collection around 500-600 strong (just physical games mind you; around 1000 with digital games counted). Code Lyoko has always been something I have loved ever since I first saw it all those years ago, but I have always been disturbed by the lack of fan-created content for this show when compared with others.

I recently ordered the first season DVD (the new release, not the old 3 disc) off of Amazon, and I plan to order all of the French DVDs at some point in the future so I can own the original version of the show (also, their packaging is better than ours).

I am currently messing around with Unity and debating whether or not to use it to make an open world Lyoko-based game to actually do the franchise justice instead of churning out shovelware to make a quick profit.

Let me know if you have questions below.

EDIT: Thought of something else: I am also a part of the Brony community and quite a few different random subreddits (on Reddit, of course). I am most active on Reddit; seek me out there if you need me quickly.

TeganGibby offline
New Kid
New Kid

Re: Old fan + lurker

Postby TheAppleFreak » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:59 am

Welcome to Lyoko Freak! I don't think that I've seen you around on /r/codelyoko before last night; I'll need to keep a closer eye out for you (I'm a mod on there as well).

Damn, and I thought that my Steam library of 78 games was large. The question is, how many games have you played in that collection?
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby TeganGibby » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:18 pm

I've played to some degree pretty much all of them, but I can't give you a solid number on the amount I have finished to completion.

Also, I apologize in advance if I make a lot of new topics - I shouldn't be creating more than like 3, but that's a lot proportional to the activity on this board.

TeganGibby offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby TheAppleFreak » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:18 pm

I know that feeling... As I said, 78 games in my Steam library, about 1250 hours between all of them. TF2 takes up a good 850 hours. This isn't counting the console games that I still have on the backburner... And by all means, go for it! We certainly won't mind.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby TeganGibby » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:57 pm

Also, I'm new to /r/CodeLyoko. Just been lurking on various sites for a while; started actually posting more recently.

TeganGibby offline
New Kid
New Kid