Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 pm

Oh joy, intoductions...

New to the forum? Come here and introduce yourself!

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Oh joy, intoductions...

Postby green » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:30 pm

yes, so, I'm horrible at these, um...

My name is teapot/Miranda/whatever you want to call me as long as I know to answer to it. I make graphics, usually icons because they're a quick fix and don't take up a lot of hard drive space. I'm an occasionally egregious abuser of TVtropes and more of a lurker than a poster, though I may need to fix that since this forum is a lot smaller than most I go to.

I've recently been hit hard by the nostalgia train, rewatching a lot of shows from my elementary school days. Code Lyoko was one of those and several Google searches later here I am. I'm having a bit of trouble finding episodes since youtube pretty much got cleaned out and there isn't a cohesive source online so I can go on one of my usual marathons. Ah well, I'll keep looking.

So, uh... hi?
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:10 pm

You had me at "egregious abuser of TV Tropes". Welcome to LF! We're not as active as we used to be, but we're still getting along and we'll still welcome discussion of ze series. Which in the time since you've seen it got a lot longer and was in turns brilliant and terrible. 8D

Yes, we've heard about Moonscoop's Youtube cleanout...is sad. There used to be a cohesive source online to get episodes, but it got shut down for unrelated reasons. I happen to have all (97) of them in one spot or another, so if you need any you can PM me 8D

Post smart, read the rules, and don't feed the Kankrelats. Here's a kitten. *gives kitten*
Carth offline

Postby green » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:24 pm

Tropes just ask to be abused, in my opinion ;)

I was going to say 'hair-pullingly frustrating' but sad works too 8D Oh really? As long as they're not torrents that is definitely something I'll keep in mind.

We get kittens? All the better. *pets*
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:27 pm

teapot wrote:Tropes just ask to be abused, in my opinion ;)

I was going to say 'hair-pullingly frustrating' but sad works too 8D Oh really? As long as they're not torrents that is definitely something I'll keep in mind.

And waffles. I happen to have both in great hypothetical supply.

Yes, they do! I can get lost for hours on that site.

Not torrents. I hate torrents. but i will have to find a stable place to host them
Carth offline

Postby green » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:47 pm

Carth wrote:

Not torrents. I hate torrents. but i will have to find a stable place to host them

Kittens and copious amounts of hypothetical breakfast pastries. Who could ask for more.

TVtropes actually spawned the idea for a rewatch actually >>;

I do too. Megavideo might be a good place to look into, but I can't really talk since i've never tried to host a show online before ^^;
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:58 pm

teapot wrote:
Carth wrote:

Kittens and copious amounts of hypothetical breakfast pastries. Who could ask for more.

TVtropes actually spawned the idea for a rewatch actually >>;

I do too. Megavideo might be a good place to look into, but I can't really talk since i've never tried to host a show online before ^^;

Welcome to Lyokofreak

I have all of the eps in a topic in BKO. PM for links, however do note that I got them from one of my backup dvd's that was heavily scratched, so some of the eps are broken. Download and play with VLC to get the best experience.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby green » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:45 pm

Lord.Quackstar wrote:
Welcome to Lyokofreak

I have all of the eps in a topic in BKO. PM for links, however do note that I got them from one of my backup dvd's that was heavily scratched, so some of the eps are broken. Download and play with VLC to get the best experience.

Why thank you :)

BKO has restrictions on it or something like that though, doesn't it?
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:44 pm

teapot wrote:
Lord.Quackstar wrote:
Welcome to Lyokofreak

I have the eps he's missing. They are downloads, though, not internet hosting. If you want me to internet host thems that would be nais. And yes. BKO has a post and an age requirement. You have to be over 13 and have at least...100 non-Games posts, was it?

This is quite the tiny text filled conversation.

Oh! And if you're looking for sexy amazing screencaps for avatars/signatures, go here: http://codelyoko.fr . Go to "Galerie" and navigate from there.
Carth offline

Postby green » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:10 pm

Carth wrote:
teapot wrote:
Lord.Quackstar wrote:
Welcome to Lyokofreak

I have the eps he's missing. They are downloads, though, not internet hosting. If you want me to internet host thems that would be nais. And yes. BKO has a post and an age requirement. You have to be over 13 and have at least...100 non-Games posts, was it?

This is quite the tiny text filled conversation.

Oh! And if you're looking for sexy amazing screencaps for avatars/signatures, go here: http://codelyoko.fr . Go to "Galerie" and navigate from there.

Well I'm good except for the 100 posts thing. Hopefully shouldn't take too long, I just like internet hosted because I don't have video files sitting on my hard drive, but either one is cool.

It makes everything feel supar seekrit XD

Well that just saved me like 800 more Google searches, thanks.
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ccbtimewiz » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:02 pm

Welcome to LF. :hello:
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member