Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:55 am

Aqua is here !

New to the forum? Come here and introduce yourself!

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Aqua is here !

Postby Aquatikelfik » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:50 pm

Hello everyone !

I stayed sereval months to read the forum anonymously, but I register at last !
Like you can maybe see, i'm not english native speaker, so I apologize for my mistakes. I will try to make an effort for you. ^^

Personal presentation ?
Location: I came from France, and so I'm French speaker. I study english since many years but, even if I can read you without problems, write in english it's hard to me. :/
How did you find Lyoko Freak?: I think I found the forum 1 ou 2 years ago, with... "Code Lyoko:Decode"? . But I've found you again with my search on Code Lyoko's books.
Reason for username: I know, I have just realize that my username is hard in english... ^^" Just call me Aqua ! ;) It means "aquatic elfic", an elf with water's powers.
Anything else you'd like to tell us?: Many things...
I'm one of the moderators of the french fan forum of Code Lyoko, CodeLyoko.fr . I'm happy to see there is, here, many people really fond of CL. At home, the forum strangely slow down, I don't understand...
If i'm here with you now, it's firstly for the Code Lyoko's books. I've heard there is a fanslation in approach here, in english, but i will do the same things in french soon. So, why don't combine our efforts in the translation ?

I will speak more about this subject in the appropriated thread soon.

See you soon !
Aqua'

Aquatikelfik offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby SilverPrince » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:01 pm

Welcome to Lyoko Freak! We're glad to have you. It's good to see that, while we may speak different languages, fans of Code Lyoko can still come together.

We've got a small but dedicated community here, and I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:12 pm

Welcome Aqua, and have no fear - love for CL is alive here, and we'd be glad to combine our translation proposals with yours!
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:30 pm

Yay! We have a French! *clapclapclap* I'm Carth; like you, I'm a mod on this forum, je parle un peu de français (but I'm fairly shaky), and I'm crazy happy about these here novels. Your English does have some kinks, but it's fantastic to see you're trying for us. I look forward to talking to you/seeing you around/stuff. 8D *hands a kitten as a welcome present*

May as well do the new person mantra- read the rules, have fun, and don't feed the Kankrelats.
Carth offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:54 pm

Hey! I sent you a PM; hope I didn't embarrass myself with my terrible French...

We could probably use another fanslator; in any regards, welcome!
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby TB3 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:37 pm

Remember guys, don't swamp our Honoured Guest in a sudden wave - let Aqua set his own pace - but that aside, its great to see we're still giving out friendly welcomes

And Carth, can I have a kitty too? ;)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SearchingLyoko » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:24 am

Welcome Aqua!

I hope to see you participating in the discussion around here. We may be small, but we're fun!

Anyways, don't worry about your English. We have a way of being able to decipher even the most sloppy of the language. I'd rather see you participate in the discussion then refrain because of your English grammar.

Anyways, once again, welcome and I can not wait to see you posting!
SearchingLyoko Delenda Est.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Carth » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:43 am

XanaNeverDies wrote:Hello and welcome to Lyoko Freak! Have fun and enjoy your very long stay! :hello:

It's good to know that not just the English speaking world knows about this forum.

You were able to log in? My friend's been trying to log in for a month now, but STILL haven't got their confirmation *wink wink nudge nudge*

That's a known problem. Some people have found their way around that by asking for a forgotten password. Just saying. 8)
Carth offline

Postby TB3 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:00 am

Carth wrote:That's a known problem. Some people have found their way around that by asking for a forgotten password. Just saying. 8)

Actaully - erm, it's my fault - at some point the system began sending emails to me that required me to activate new accounts, and for a while I thought all the admins got them and that 'someone else' was dealing with them, until I twigged and began answering them - I cleared the last month's backlog last night, so your friend might now have access
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aquatikelfik » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:27 am

Thanks for your welcome !

Don't worry, I know how a forum works, and his rules.

Thanks also for the PM. I'm scared that my english it's strange like your french... I don't say your french it's bad, but it's surprising to see an english people try to speak french. ^^'

I'm using Google translotor to read you, but I'm logical and I read again the original sentence to understand completely.

XanaNeverDies wrote:It's good to know that not just the English speaking world knows about this forum.
I didn't make many searchs, but it's the only english CL forum I know, with CL.com. But on CL.com forum, there is only young children... no much intesrest. I already love this forum, serious and interesting discutions about CL (with many fun) !

Happy to can help you. :)

Aquatikelfik offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby TB3 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:47 am

There's nothing wrong with your English Aqua - most of us here have spent many years watching French episodes of CL or reading French CL websites translated by Google or Babelfish, so we're all used to reading strange translations :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:08 pm

It's just a sad fact of life in general that fluency is very difficult to come by...but like TB3 said, you're doing great! I wish I knew of more English CL forums myself...there's a large community at DeviantArt, but most of them don't want to cross over/have moved on. There are several that used to be big, but are now defunct. And, yes, CL.com is a bit watered down. But perhaps we're all just crazy. 8)

*realizes she forgot to give TB3 a kitten, gives a kitten*
Carth offline

Postby SearchingLyoko » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:40 pm

Hey! As a member of CL.com I can tell you that we're not exactly "watered down" or children there. Of course, some are, but many are not. I can cite at least one fan-made season 5 project being made there, as well as much more.

But, then again, we don't have much to talk about these days, so the forums have grown a little immature.

There are still dedicated fans over there though. So stop putting them down (this goes for all of you).

Anyways, once again welcome. I can't wait to see this "fanslation" (fan translation) of the books happen.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm

SearchingLyoko wrote: So stop putting them down (this goes for all of you).

Kindly leave the moderating to the actual Mods, thanks.

And welcome, Aqua (is it okay if I call you Aqua for short? XD; ) to LF! :D I hope you enjoy it here. :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SearchingLyoko » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:47 pm

Well, I suppose you could consider it a request for them to stop putting me down, as I am a member of the Cl.com forums... but whatever you say Mew. You're the admin.

Anyways, once again welcome (beginning to repeat myself here)

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:07 pm

SearchingLyoko wrote:Well, I suppose you could consider it a request for them to stop putting me down, as I am a member of the Cl.com forums... but whatever you say Mew. You're the admin.

It didn't read well as a request, especially since you directed it at the entire forum (some of which are members of CL.com as well, might I add; I was, for instance). I don't see any reason why members can't discuss the virtues and vices of another forum, especially if they either belong to it or have visited it often enough so long as it isn't out and out trash talk. That's why I suggested you not back-seat Mod. ^^;
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SearchingLyoko » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:08 pm

I did howeve....

eh, forget it.

I tend to bicker like a senile old lady when sick.

I'm sick a lot, by the way.

I also sound like a broken record, which is why I continue to welcome Aqua.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby desincarnation » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:42 am

I'm not a native speaker of English either, but I assure you that stopping by here certainly improves your language skills. Anyway, great to see a representative of main CL fandom.^^ Cooperation is very important in those hard times...

@down: by "main" I meant, original, as France is the country CL comes from. Perhaps "one of the main" would be a better phrase...
Last edited by desincarnation on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby SearchingLyoko » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:23 pm

Depends on what you call "main". According to CL.com, there's more CL fans in America then France.

Though I attribute that almost entirely to our larger population.

Still, I get what you mean.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned