Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am

Franz Hopper (The episode)

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Was it aweseome?

H*ll yes! 20/10
45%
OH YEAH 10/10
21%
Pretty awesome 7-9/10
27%
Kind of awesome 5-6/10
6%
Not awesome 2-4/10
No votes
Awesome? Are you crazy? It sucked! 0-1/10
No votes

Total votes : 33

Postby Exploder » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:22 pm

LifesIronic wrote:i really really liked this episode. Right in the beginning, I thought "thats XANA, not Franz" And for a random funny part when Odd was fighting the monster(dont know its name Crawler or something) he made that cat noise, I was rolling. I laugh at little stupid things, and of course I thought that Alieta had her memory taken, but of course not(which I didnt get cuz Alieta was in Lyoko before Jermey relized Franz was XANA but oh well)

OMG how did he do that? I can never do a realistic cat noise.
Exploder offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby YDV » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:23 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Just out of curiousity...did anyone see what happened to the schyphozoa after Aelita sabotaged it? Did it explode (as in, it was destroyed finally) or did it just disappear like it always does?

As for what still needs to happen in season 2, most of that is probably now being saved for season "3.5". As much as I'd like to see it, neither Y/U nor J/A have to have their "kiss", because they could easily push it into the next season. The same goes for Sissi joining the group...should that ever actually happen. I've yet to see any hard evidence (from LyokoCode or elsewhere) that that will actually happen, much less in season 2. And Odd and Yumi already got weapon upgrades and the vehicles could count towards that too, so that's already covered.

But they do need the anti-virus still ("The Key" ? ) and to find the real Franz Hopper. Unless again...they're going to save that for season 3. I personally would like a little restitution on one of those storylines, at the very least. ^^;

XD Towards the end of this episode, I just couldn't help but think..."Would the real Franz Hopper please stand up?" :*D (I don't even like that song but it did cross my mind... ^^; )

I see what you mean... I'd rather have them solve Season Two's "plot" rather than stretching it out into Season 3, because that's just like adding and adding and not really doing anything, and it would leave you feeling, well.. unsatisfied. I was excited about Franz Hopper because I thought they'd actually discover something about/meet the REAL Franz Hopper. I guess you can't be hopeful for too much plot this season. :whatever:
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:27 pm

This has to have been Odd's finest performance. I loved the boxing matched with the Creeper! Did anyone else hear the *dingding* special effect noises? Priceless! I was laughing hysterically.

Yumi was great with her modified fans too ^_^ Pity they'll all go back to normal now...But I suppose it was just too easy with them, and we can't have that now can we? ;)
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Razputin Nein » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:08 pm

I'm disapointed. I wanted this to be a good episode. I hate these stupid fillers. :whatever:

And no sissy too ;__;
Razputin Nein offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby YDV » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:17 pm

Razputin Nein wrote:And no sissy too ;__;

I feel your pain. ;__;
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:48 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:This has to have been Odd's finest performance. I loved the boxing matched with the Creeper! Did anyone else hear the *dingding* special effect noises? Priceless! I was laughing hysterically.

Yumi was great with her modified fans too ^_^ Pity they'll all go back to normal now...But I suppose it was just too easy with them, and we can't have that now can we? ;)

Yeah!! I heard the match bell! That was great! Indeed! This really does surpass even "A Great Day" which held another of Odd's best performances. Too cool and way too funny! :D

XD Did anyone catch Yumi checking her nails while deflecting those monster shots with her modified fan? :*D That was really great. I really liked Ulrich's supersonic sword swings...they made me think of Rurouni Kenshin, particularly Raijuta's fighting style. ^^; The action and humor in this episode was superb!

And...depending on how much one wants to believe what XANA divulged as Franz Hopper...we did learn a thing or two about Lyoko's creation. ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby YDV » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:53 pm

Yeah, I saw that. I cracked up XD

My fanfiction (that is mostly AU now..) theory is that Franz Hopper was secretly working for EMPIRE and was going to use Lyoko and the time-altering device to take over the world, until.. *shuts up*
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Exploder » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:15 am

Ransomed_Heart wrote: Did anyone else hear the *dingding* special effect noises?

Yep. I did. And I was laughing so hard.
Exploder offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Little Vili » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:23 am

Dylan0513 first wrote:Intesting episode. Hmm, XANA activated a tower in sector 5, Jeremie's dad, fake Franz Hopper. And after all that, not much plot devolpment. The writers are saving too much for the end.

Give us lots of fillers...how else do you keep getting more and more out of a show like this. As long as the fans keep watching, its all good to them. Then they give us one with some plot just to make sure that we dont riot on about it. I pretty much feel like they can take this thing 4 or more season if they really try.

Dylan0513 then wrote:In the last couple of episodes, they need to:
Find the anti-virus
New wepons
Sissy joining the gang
Free Franz Hopper for XANA
Have Yumi and Ulrich kiss
And I'm probably forgetting things

Agree...agree...H*ll no...if thats the case...agree...and yes.

Alright, as for the episode itself. This was by far one of the best XANA attacks I've seen so far. Instead of trying to physically destroy the team, he decided go for an emotional aspect. I must say, the whole "yumi having something wrong with her" was quite the icing on the cake. To bad XANA just happen to give away the one thing that would do it in for him. Well, we all make mistakes...even beings that reside in a super computer.

Another thing that amazed me was how they "trasnfered" aelita at the end, and it would act just like how aelita would. Very clever for a last minute move. But the one thing I was most impressed with overall was, Jeremy was still able to think logically even after such an event took place (his friends hating him that is). Sure at first he gave up, and was about to leave, but he soon gathered his thoughts and was able to save all of his friends. I highly doubt I would have been able to do the same thing...so kudos to you Jeremy.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stephen (x1) » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:09 am

Hmmph.

They're all like "Oh yay it's Franz it's all good." I was like "WTF?" They didn't figure out that the five towers were activated in order to bring them to the factory?

And what is Xana's problem with Yumi? He's always picking on her!!

But I thought it was kinda sweet when Yumi wanted to be "alone," but had Ulrich come with her still.

I could feel for Jeremie...And his dad was awesome...I don't know why people are calling this a filler episode, when we did learn some things.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dylan0513 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:32 am

Little Vili wrote:
Dylan0513 first wrote:Intesting episode. Hmm, XANA activated a tower in sector 5, Jeremie's dad, fake Franz Hopper. And after all that, not much plot devolpment. The writers are saving too much for the end.

Give us lots of fillers...how else do you keep getting more and more out of a show like this. As long as the fans keep watching, its all good to them. Then they give us one with some plot just to make sure that we dont riot on about it. I pretty much feel like they can take this thing 4 or more season if they really try.

Dylan0513 then wrote:In the last couple of episodes, they need to:
Find the anti-virus
New wepons
Sissy joining the gang
Free Franz Hopper for XANA
Have Yumi and Ulrich kiss
And I'm probably forgetting things

Agree...agree...H*ll no...if thats the case...agree...and yes.

Alright, as for the episode itself. This was by far one of the best XANA attacks I've seen so far. Instead of trying to physically destroy the team, he decided go for an emotional aspect. I must say, the whole "yumi having something wrong with her" was quite the icing on the cake. To bad XANA just happen to give away the one thing that would do it in for him. Well, we all make mistakes...even beings that reside in a super computer.

Another thing that amazed me was how they "trasnfered" aelita at the end, and it would act just like how aelita would. Very clever for a last minute move. But the one thing I was most impressed with overall was, Jeremy was still able to think logically even after such an event took place (his friends hating him that is). Sure at first he gave up, and was about to leave, but he soon gathered his thoughts and was able to save all of his friends. I highly doubt I would have been able to do the same thing...so kudos to you Jeremy.

Everyone's deniying Sissy, but can't you see all the evidence. If not the end of this Season, the begining of season 3. The Trap, ummmm, the other episode when Sissy found out about Lyoko, and the internet dating with Odd. How don't you see this coming? Oh and did I forget Sissy saying she wnted to join the gang in Holiday in the Fog.
This use has been banned.

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Dylan0513 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:01 pm

LIES! ALL LIES! I just rewatched Deja Vu and XANA as Franz Hopper was lying! I'm sticking with my theoiry. Aelita was origonally on earth, Hopper is dead and once lived in the Hermatage, so did Aelita. Why would have XANA told the truth?

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:45 pm

x1 wrote:And what is Xana's problem with Yumi? He's always picking on her!!

But I thought it was kinda sweet when Yumi wanted to be "alone," but had Ulrich come with her still.

XD I know! Again with him picking on Yumi! Does she resemble someone who also worked on the Lyoko project or something? There must be some logical reason for XANA to pick on her every chance he gets...apart from the fact that she's one of the most efficient fighters, and can also virtualize the group in the absence of Jeremie and Aelita. ^^;

I didn't catch that "alone" thing the first time around. Awww...that's really cute, indeed! ^.^

Dylan0513 wrote:Why would have XANA told the truth?

Perhaps because, should his plan fail, he wanted them to figure he was lying and therefore still figure that they know nothing as to the reason for Lyoko and Aelita's existence. I have a feeling XANA would have a knack for reverse-psychology.

Then again, XANA might figure Team Lyoko would think that XANA'd assume that Team Lyoko wouldn't believe he was actually telling the truth and... *faints* Truth is...we won't know the truth, until they truly present it to us.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jazzy Josh » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:48 pm

several possibilities for Franz Hopper:

1) Dead
2) Hiding *My pick*
3) In Lyoko *I would rather think not*

Thankfully XANA Franz just said that XANA destroyed his Diary which must mean that XANA hasn't found the diary in the supercomputer's files yet

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Razputin Nein » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:46 pm

Maybe Franz Hopper is XANA, or he is just something XANA made up.
Razputin Nein offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Dylan0513 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:49 pm

Nah! It would dissapoint us too much. lol

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby YDV » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:00 pm

I'd be happy if Sissy joined. I mean, give the girl a break. So she has a crush on Ulrich. And she's been a little cruel sometimes. But she's been trying to clear her name! Can't you see?

Haha.. I thought Yumi leaving was hilarious.

Yumi: I need to be alone. Coming Ulrich?

:P
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Dylan0513 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:01 pm

Your De-Virtualization wrote:I'd be happy if Sissy joined. I mean, give the girl a break. So she has a crush on Ulrich. And she's been a little cruel sometimes. But she's been trying to clear her name! Can't you see?

And you want her to join becuase you're a Sissy fanboy. lol

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby bduddy » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:49 pm

I believe that we can safely discount everything X/Hopper said. After all, he/it was clearly lying about some things, so why would he/it tell the truth about anything?
(Of course, I may be saying that because I disagree... >_>)

Oh, and writers stop answering one question then asking three more, including the one you just answered! At this rate, we'll never know anything!
I like short signatures. Do you?

bduddy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Stephen (x1) » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:10 pm

Dylan0513 wrote:
Your De-Virtualization wrote:I'd be happy if Sissy joined. I mean, give the girl a break. So she has a crush on Ulrich. And she's been a little cruel sometimes. But she's been trying to clear her name! Can't you see?

What about you?!
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Snarky Jargon » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:35 am

Ransomed_Heart wrote:This was a good episode, but it came off as really..disconnected. There was one point when I was sitting there going "Did I miss an episode?"

Well, Franz Hopper is the third to last episode of the season.

What really annoyed me was how Odd, Ulrich and Yumi just turned away from Jeremie. I can understand that they'd be upset, but that just kind of smells of bad writing. What's even more irritating is this anti-away team sentiment that's cropped up in the fandom. Good grief.

Highlights include the boxing match and the new weapons.

Downers: "Well, obviously this is all his fault. Somehow. ...let's just have them turn on him now."

Shafting a group of characters to make the others look good? Ugh.
We think the flower on the precipice is beautiful
Because our fear make our feet stop at its edge
instead of stepping forward into the sky
like that flower.

-Kubo Taito
Snarky Jargon offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Dylan0513 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:06 am

x1 wrote:
Dylan0513 wrote:

What about you?!

What do you mean what about me?!?!? I never said I wanted her to join, I'm saying I think she is destined to join. Sissy = :puke:

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:35 pm

In defense of Yumi, Ulrich and Odd's behavior in this episode, I can only say that the idea of "cell degeneration" from the scanners is a scary thought indeed. "Cell degeneration", I believe, is the technical description of cancer, which means that this episode actually touched on a really serious concept. Yumi, in this perspective, had a great deal of right to be severely upset at this revelation considering she's the one who was supposedly suffering from it. Ulrich had a good reason to be upset because, keeping in mind the idea behind "cell degeneration", it would mean that his best friend, the girl he loves, is going to suffer a very painful end. Odd, I believe, was more or less up set for the same reason.

Now while Jeremie may not have known about the "possibility of cell degeneration", the problem would have been that it had happened from him scanning them into Lyoko incorrectly, making it inadvertently his fault. You'll notice though a very important difference in the way the three of them treat him. Odd's angry and he gives off a smart remark about Jeremie being a "mad scientist". Ulrich's very unhappy, and states more moresely than accusingly that an apology from Jeremie isn't going to help Yumi now. But Yumi's reaction, bearing in mind that she's the one with the "cell degeneration", is actually the most understanding and kind of all. She's upset at the idea of it, and she does ask to be alone, but she does not turn the blame on Jeremie. She has the greatest reason to turn away from him, but she doesn't truly. Yumi has the most admirable reaction to the situation.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SamBlob » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:42 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:In defense of Yumi, Ulrich and Odd's behavior in this episode, I can only say that the idea of "cell degeneration" from the scanners is a scary thought indeed. "Cell degeneration", I believe, is the technical description of cancer, which means that this episode actually touched on a really serious concept. Yumi, in this perspective, had a great deal of right to be severely upset at this revelation considering she's the one who was supposedly suffering from it. Ulrich had a good reason to be upset because, keeping in mind the idea behind "cell degeneration", it would mean that his best friend, the girl he loves, is going to suffer a very painful end. Odd, I believe, was more or less up set for the same reason.

Now while Jeremie may not have known about the "possibility of cell degeneration", the problem would have been that it had happened from him scanning them into Lyoko incorrectly, making it inadvertently his fault. You'll notice though a very important difference in the way the three of them treat him. Odd's angry and he gives off a smart remark about Jeremie being a "mad scientist". Ulrich's very unhappy, and states more moresely than accusingly that an apology from Jeremie isn't going to help Yumi now. But Yumi's reaction, bearing in mind that she's the one with the "cell degeneration", is actually the most understanding and kind of all. She's upset at the idea of it, and she does ask to be alone, but she does not turn the blame on Jeremie. She has the greatest reason to turn away from him, but she doesn't truly. Yumi has the most admirable reaction to the situation.

And this is why CL is so great; they pay attention to the characters.

Then, of course, there's Jeremy's only defender, Aelita, who is eternally grateful to Jeremy for all that he's done with the scanners.
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext