Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:09 am

Franz Hopper (The episode)

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Was it aweseome?

H*ll yes! 20/10
45%
OH YEAH 10/10
21%
Pretty awesome 7-9/10
27%
Kind of awesome 5-6/10
6%
Not awesome 2-4/10
No votes
Awesome? Are you crazy? It sucked! 0-1/10
No votes

Total votes : 33

Franz Hopper (The episode)

Postby Dylan0513 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:32 am

How was it?
Last edited by Dylan0513 on Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This use has been banned.

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby YDV » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:33 pm

Is this gonna be the mini-movie? Or just a regular-length ep? ..I'm still excited nonetheless. :bounce:

I heard somewhere that Franz Hopper created Lyoko to be a "perfect world". idk though.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby YDV » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:56 pm

Precisely. ;) (It'd be kind of ironic if all we CL fans have been pondering about the origins of Lyoko while listening to the song that gave us the answer..)
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby YDV » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:18 pm

Hm.. nice theory. But if it was a project spearheaded by the government, why would they build it in an old Renault factory? Wouldn't it be in some secret military base out in the middle of nowhere or something, rather than pretty darn close to metropolitan areas?

Not to mention the fact that in Aelita's visions, government agents went after Hopper? Well, maybe he went against the original plan.. or something. idk.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Exploder » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:33 pm

Only 27 more minutes!
Exploder offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:38 pm

Lyoko Addict wrote:Only 27 more minutes!

This episode lasts 1 hour? Wtf?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby YDV » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:46 pm

Uh.. no it doesn't. There might be a discrepancy in time zones. (Cuz I freaked out, thought it was the mini-movie, and checked my Direct TV schedule-- it says it's from 6 to 6:30.)
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:49 pm

So in a few minutes it's gonna air?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Dylan0513 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:53 pm

Yeah, and the time on the forum is messed up becuase of Daylight savings time.

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby MY85 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:54 pm

Dylan0513 wrote:Yeah, and the time on the forum is messed up becuase of Daylight savings time.

Oh... now I remember why me and Erynn now have the same time. Thanks for reminding me that. It happens.
MY85 offline

Postby Yizzy » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:33 pm

Zomg, Jeremie's father o_o *dies happily*

[icon by trying@lj]
Yizzy offline

Postby Dylan0513 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:42 pm

Intesting episode. Hmm, XANA activated a tower in sector 5, Jeremie's dad, fake Franz Hopper. And after all that, not much plot devolpment. The writers are saving too much for the end.

In the last couple of episodes, they need to:
Find the anti-virus
New wepons
Sissy joining the gang
Free Franz Hopper for XANA
Have Yumi and Ulrich kiss
And I'm probably forgetting things

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby LifesIronic » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:46 pm

i really really liked this episode. Right in the beginning, I thought "thats XANA, not Franz" And for a random funny part when Odd was fighting the monster(dont know its name Crawler or something) he made that cat noise, I was rolling. I laugh at little stupid things, and of course I thought that Alieta had her memory taken, but of course not(which I didnt get cuz Alieta was in Lyoko before Jermey relized Franz was XANA but oh well)
LifesIronic offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Dylan0513 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:47 pm

LifesIronic wrote:i really really liked this episode. Right in the beginning, I thought "thats XANA, not Franz" And for a random funny part when Odd was fighting the monster(dont know its name Crawler or something) he made that cat noise, I was rolling. I laugh at little stupid things, and of course I thought that Alieta had her memory taken, but of course not(which I didnt get cuz Alieta was in Lyoko before Jermey relized Franz was XANA but oh well)

Creeper

And Jeremie got to Aelita before she was transfered

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:51 pm

ODD!!!!!!!!!! That guy slays me with laughter! I love this episode if only for Odd and his impeccable fighting style:

"Mrrrrrreeeeeeeoooowwwwww!!!!"

And then the face he made after it! XD He was like, "Well, I tried..." And all his Muhammad Ali and Street Fighter moves! Fantastic! I also really liked his "camera POV" fight. The animators must have had a ball with this episode. :D I give the animation a 20/10. The episode...8.5/10 (since it wasn't the real Hopper and we didn't really learn anything... ^^; )

Ulrich and Yumi were great too, as were Aelita and Jeremie and how they sabotaged XANA. Way to go! ^.^

Odd stole the whole show though. Kudos once more to Mr. Geczy for a fantastic performance! :clap:
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Blueyedblonde » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:59 pm

It was a very good eposode. A jeremy based one, I dont think we've had one of those in a while.
Not what I expected, but... Mah. It was good.

I liked seeing Jeremy's father... Is that what Jeremy's going to look like when he's older? TeeHee...

Odd was histarical in this eposode. When he was having a boxing match with the creeper, I could not stop laughing.

Aww, Yumi got so worried when Ulrich got hit and fell from the edge. And Ulrich was worried for Yumi when he found out she had something wrong with her.

A little bit of UlrichxJeremy friendship in this one. I... dont think we've had alot of friendship between the two... Though, Of course we know there friends. ^.^

I knew it wasnt really Franz Hopper. It was a little obvious.

Flachbacks! How fun!!! They went back to one of my favorite eposodes, Mr. Puck. (I think Ulrich is so cute in his sport's uniform! ^.^)

Odd's an artist, Huh? How Ironic.

That's all i've got right now... Once I think of more things to ramble about... I'll let you know. ^.^
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby YDV » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:10 pm

Wow.. GREAT episode!!

I was a little confused at first. Of course, I didn't think that Franz was XANA, but I thought it was weird that THEY JUST FOUND FRANZ HOPPER and they weren't acting like it was a big deal!

And then when "Franz" said Yumi had cell degeneration from the scanners I was like NOOO!!!! lol

Then began the gang's icing of Jeremie for it. I really, *really* hated Ulrich for that, something I've never ever done before. I wanted to slap them all across the face. I mean, how could that POSSIBLY be his fault? How could he have known?

And Jeremie was being all angsty... I felt so sad for him. But, I did realize that Franz was XANA after he was being so nasty to Jer. The real Franz would NEVER do that.

But did anyone else hear ALL THAT INFO that XANA let slip?

For instance:

1.) Hopper created Lyoko and XANA to counter a government agency.. uh.. thing.

2.) Yes, Aelita WAS created to be the guardian of Lyoko.

And some stuff Jeremie said too:

1.) "We all turned the Supercomputer back on together." << a hint at how the gang found Lyoko?

2.) "Hopper is still a prisoner on Lyoko." << O.o
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Blueyedblonde » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:18 pm

Your De-Virtualization wrote:
Then began the gang's icing of Jeremie for it. I really, *really* hated Ulrich for that, something I've never ever done before. I wanted to slap them all across the face. I mean, how could that POSSIBLY be his fault? How could he have known?

Yea, Ulrich was being a little to mean... But I think he was just upset because Yumi was hurt.
I think what Aelita said was really cool of her.

"Ulrich, If it wasn't for the scanners, I wouldn't be here."
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:32 pm

Just out of curiousity...did anyone see what happened to the schyphozoa after Aelita sabotaged it? Did it explode (as in, it was destroyed finally) or did it just disappear like it always does?

As for what still needs to happen in season 2, most of that is probably now being saved for season "3.5". As much as I'd like to see it, neither Y/U nor J/A have to have their "kiss", because they could easily push it into the next season. The same goes for Sissi joining the group...should that ever actually happen. I've yet to see any hard evidence (from LyokoCode or elsewhere) that that will actually happen, much less in season 2. And Odd and Yumi already got weapon upgrades and the vehicles could count towards that too, so that's already covered.

But they do need the anti-virus still ("The Key" ? ) and to find the real Franz Hopper. Unless again...they're going to save that for season 3. I personally would like a little restitution on one of those storylines, at the very least. ^^;

XD Towards the end of this episode, I just couldn't help but think..."Would the real Franz Hopper please stand up?" :*D (I don't even like that song but it did cross my mind... ^^; )
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:34 pm

This was a good episode, but it came off as really..disconnected. There was one point when I was sitting there going "Did I miss an episode?"

I felt really bad for Jeremie in this episode. I wanted to smack him for not being suspicious of XANAFranz sooner, but I really couldn't blame him. I was so upset when he shut the elevator in Aelita's face *cries*
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Next