Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:57 am

A Bad Turn

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

How'd you like it?

10/10
80%
7-9/10
13%
6/10 and below.
7%

Total votes : 30

Postby Taelia » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:39 pm

Whoa....weird, but cool. I'm left-handed though.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:48 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:You can drive a mo-ped at age 13-14 in France, I believe. And I think that the legal driving age is 16...so kids begin learning how to drive at 13 and 14, just like teens here can begin to learn how to drive at 15-17 years of age. ^^

Hold up, so there's seventeen year olds with their liscense who don't know how to drive?

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:46 pm

AngelBolt wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:You can drive a mo-ped at age 13-14 in France, I believe. And I think that the legal driving age is 16...so kids begin learning how to drive at 13 and 14, just like teens here can begin to learn how to drive at 15-17 years of age. ^^

Hold up, so there's seventeen year olds with their liscense who don't know how to drive?

AngelBolt, there are people age 20+ who don't know how to drive. In fact, there are many who are 60-70+ who also don't know how to drive from back during WWII because they have no need for it and/or can't.

There is nothing wrong with not getting one's license as soon as one turns 16 and 18. Alot of people have no use for a drivers license when public transportation can get them just as easily where they need to go and for 75% less of the cost. Gas is expensive nowadays, as is parking, particularly if you work in the big cities. You're not saying there's something wrong with that, are you? ^^
Last edited by Mewberries151 on Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:48 pm

Ehh, right. What's confuzing me is that there are seventeen year olds running around with liscences and have no clue how to use them?
KIE: *Smack* Will you stop it? It means they didn't learn to drive at 15!
AB: ohh...

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:56 pm

AngelBolt wrote:Ehh, right. What's confuzing me is that there are seventeen year olds running around with liscences and have no clue how to use them?
KIE: *Smack* Will you stop it? It means they didn't learn to drive at 15!
AB: ohh...

XD If you ask me, half of the people on the road today have licenses and honestly don't know how to drive, at least not very safely. They think that a 25 MPH sign means that it's perfectly fine to go 50 MPH when they figure they won't get caught...and I very few seem to know what the word "Yield" means. And yes, while Red means Stop and Green means Go, Yellow does not mean "Go Faster". ^^;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Virus_Xana » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:56 pm

It was pretty cool stuff in that episode.
Virus_Xana offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby MY85 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:25 pm

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:something I've grabbed from William would be: <i>It's not Odd's fault that you drive like a fool.</i>

English version: change "fool" for "dork".

Spanish: he called him "tonto". And my ways of translations can vary... I could have said:
-Fool.
-Dork.
-Dumba**.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Jeremified » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:48 pm

Hahaha... Odd driving was possibly the funniest part of that episode. If I could get an animated .GIF of that or something... :D
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LinkinPark12 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:10 pm

This episode was a personal favorite along with Routine, The Chips are Down, A New Order, and Vertigo. I mean we finally see a brief fist fight between William and Ulrich and also and I quote "In the race for Yumi, im not in First." Priceless.
LinkinPark12 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Movie-Man » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:36 pm

Well this episode has been great, I'm impressed by Aelita's surfing on the Overboard and the drving thing is pretty funny but something caught my eye, there's a scene where Hiroki is with the other students.
"Return to the past now!"-Jeremy
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:41 pm

I just love Krabes on earth.

I would love to have a pet Krabe. I would ride him around and name him Reginald. *_*

...um....

You didn't hear that.

But still, this episode is right up there in the top three (along with "Revelation" and "The Key.")
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Darkborn » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:57 pm

Sithking Zero wrote:I just love Krabes on earth.

I would love to have a pet Krabe. I would ride him around and name him Reginald. *_*

Where you around when I was obsessed with drawing Krabes? lol
I would go crazy with pet Krabes lol.
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:26 pm

Aelita should have her own board battle with Odd and the others...in Lyoko, on Earth...that would rule!!!
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Movie-Man » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:41 pm

LucyMcGonagle wrote:Aelita should have her own board battle with Odd and the others...in Lyoko, on Earth...that would rule!!!

Funny, I just came up with a vehicle for Aelita; how about a hover disk?
"Return to the past now!"-Jeremy
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby LadyLucy » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:16 pm

Oh...that sounds like fun...I want one!! :D

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vora Lyoko » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:29 pm

Ok you can have that and I'll had Odd's over board, :D

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:49 am

Movie-Man wrote:
LucyMcGonagle wrote:Aelita should have her own board battle with Odd and the others...in Lyoko, on Earth...that would rule!!!

Funny, I just came up with a vehicle for Aelita; how about a hover disk?

Put retractable spinning blades on the sides and she can kill monsters with it...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:08 am

*zooms around on hoverdisk* weeee!!!!

:D

That sounds like a cool idea too...

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Writing_Addict » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:11 pm

Wait a second....what's Hiroki doing in here?

http://codelyoko.fr/images/galeries/mau ... te_075.jpg

Shouldn't he only being in S3?
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Ghost Guest » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:51 am

Yes. Movie-Man mentioned that before, but nobody made any comment about it. This should have given us a clue, back then, that Hiroki would get enorolled at Kadic soon.
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:14 am

ese mae wrote:Yes. Movie-Man mentioned that before, but nobody made any comment about it. This should have given us a clue, back then, that Hiroki would get enorolled at Kadic soon.

Yes, but at a driving course?
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:46 am

JxA Addiction wrote:
ese mae wrote:Yes. Movie-Man mentioned that before, but nobody made any comment about it. This should have given us a clue, back then, that Hiroki would get enorolled at Kadic soon.

Yes, but at a driving course?

Actually...depending on what the context of that driving demonstration was...Hiroki could have been there without having to be a student. If it was just an extracurricular sort of thing, or an after school thing that wasn't quite connected to their classes, Hiroki could have been there because his parents dropped him off earlier (maybe going out somewhere and wanting Yumi to keep an eye on him again).

Although...that's probably putting too much thought behind that. ^^;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tekirai » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:46 pm

TO PROVE MY UNDYING LOVE FOR THIS EPISODE I'M NECROPOSTING LIKE HELL

AND DOING IT BEFORE CARTH DOES if she was even planning to

SO WORTH IT.

Man, A Bad Turn really is my favourite episode. It had U/Y everywhere and it was hilarious at times, to boot. Sooo yeah because I love it so much, I'm doing what Carth has done recently and rewatched it while commenting on it. Brace yourselves!!

---

Intro doot doot doot - Msr. le Dong, thank you for contributing so much to this lovely episode with your equally lovely surname. ......seriously, there are some surnames on this planet that baffle the mind.

And it starts off wonderfully with a camera shot of everybody's butts, one at a time. Classy. Ulrich helps Yumi up eeeeeee and it's as if they hold hands for just a second longer eeeeeee and for some reason she has a really weird expression and tone of voice when she says 'see you tomorrow' to him. I don't know whether it's... actually, I don't know what it is. Was it weirdy feelings from the hand thing?? The fact that Ulrich automatically knows what the others are pressuring him about always makes me lol, but Aelita's attitude towards it REALLY makes me lol. I honestly think she develops an amazing personality in S2.

First example of sound effect abuse in this ep: Odd knocking on his head. I love how Ulrich actually seems all determined to follow Yumi and actually tell her but WELL WE KNOW HOW IT GOES NOW SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN 8( oh man Aelita gave him two thumbs up this is the best ever

And then William is being a creepy nutter yet again. I remember hating his guts back then, but then I realised he's actually quite a heapz cool gai. But then there are moments like these where you just go 'William this is why you are a bad person' and then laugh whenever he ends up kissing Yumi's gate. That sounds like a euphemism. TOO BAD ULRICH DIDN'T GET TO SEE THE HOT WILLIAM ON GATE ACTION 'cause he ran away, poor kid. Oh and he missed Yumi reject his confession too, I guess. His timing is impeccable, but oh man the way he just stands there, it sinks in and he runs off. 8(( *feels for him*

Yes, William, it will be Ulrich and it always will be. *shipping flames of rage* Speaking of Ulrich, he actually seems genuinely sad when he goes back to his room. Not even sulky!Ulrich. 8( *feels again*

Lyoko scene yadda yadda hey! a car! At Kadic. Fun times! Second abuse of sound effects - but I love this one because it's so classic and out-of-place - the noise that plays whenever Yumi tries doing that fingery wave thing to Ulrich. God, I always laugh at this part, especially the way William is sitting. He looks so pouty. It's actually weird that Yumi's being so weird towards Ulrich up until this part of the episode - it's like, she's being incredibly friendly. I never understood this. o_0 In any case, Ulrich throws a giant REJECTED stamp at her while she looks confused and William is like :( some more.

More Jim funtimes. Another random sound effect, the boing noise. Why does this episode have so much of this?

now that is one sexy leg poking out of the scanner c:

DRIVING IS SERIOUS BUSINESS that is not a paraphrase ok it kinda is

And a cartoony noise whenever Yumi pulls Ulrich away for a sec. "Last night, when I said goodbye, he was in a great mood." Christ, Yumi, you just keep reminding me that Ulrich would be no different whatsoever as a girl. Stop talking about his moods. He's a mail. Still, this is yet another weird thing that happens... she must've really gone into hurr-mode after the hand thing. Otherwise this makes no sense. YES HE DID FOLLOW YOU BACK, YES "OH NO".

Now the driving portion of this episode is just ahahahahahahahaahahah seriously.

Sissi: THIS IS NOT IN REVERSE GEAR wait yes it is aaaaaaaa
Odd: YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
Yumi: I hate this gearstick more than anything else on this planet
Herve: bouncy bouncy
Aelifresd;k;ksa oh god Aelita's face is priceless here
William can actually drive while Ulrich thinks TIME TO HIT THE CONES AAAAAAAA I missed one did I lose the game

dude William don't call Ulrich a dork, okay, he will punch you in the face with a sword that punches you with a sword. So don't screw with hi- oh now look what you just did, now you're both getting sent to the library and woah wait why did they look at each other and smirk? It didn't look evil, so why would that happen?? The Jim thing must have been very funny.

Really sweet part with Aelita and Jeremie here, and Odd is like dsfddsfss but XANA hears his name being said and is like 'hey that's not cool, don't include me in your fluffy romantic moments, maggots' and then they discover an activated tower gogogogrofosf but Ulrich has to stay behind because William is a jerk and they're too busy fondling books.

Typical Ishiyama home scene, but then Mrs. Ishiyama goes to the door and screams at the ugliest and crabbiest mailman she has ever seen! It's weird because her scream kinda... it's hard to tell whether the sound fades or is cut off completely as it cuts to the gang going to the factory. Always found that quite eerie... in any case, at the factory doot doot doWILD KRABE APPEARED, and Hiroki calls going aaaaaaa and Yumi goes to her howse. Meanwhile, Jim beats Ulrich's mobile senseless.

Jeremie look just don't bother with using letters and an elaborate plan, ok, it never works in real like in such a short space of time. Odd has the right idea! man this part is so boring and all the scanners are busted save for one boo hoo wait Aelita goes in first, that could only mean!!!

All the kids are running in fear from Jim's reflection in the window. William sees the krabe and goes OH MAN WHAT IS THAT and Ulrich's like psssh get with the times, it's a krabe, this is so not cool. Aaaand welp there goes the last scanner!!1

Yumi never has any good luck with the authorities in this series - so awkwarrrrd. I'M THE ONE THE CREATURE IS AFTER and you're also the most likely to be thrown in the happy hospital if you always try to be so direct with this, Yumi, geez. Looks like Ulrich will need to work with William on the krabe... JIM NO RUNNING TOWARDS A..... krabe with a windmill punch will do nothing but get you shot, just like that. 8|; It really seems like Ulrich just leaves William there as it's chasing him but then BOOM, got it. A triumphantly deadpan stare at the camera, there, Ulrich. Also Aelita you're liking that overboard too much, Odd will be sad

...really uncalled for whenever Ulrich says he wouldn't save William, though. Much disappoint, jerk!Ulrich. But then William is like dood no yumi lieks u moar and he's like !!!!! I have nothing else useful to comment on anymore. Yumi meets her dad threatning her in samurai armour and a sword and then they laugh and all is well.

That is a LOT of hornets. I like how Ulrich kind of smiles whenever William says they THEY'LL take care of it. Together. 83 Spinny hornet kills teammate, shakes head and leaves. Family devastated. Man Aelita is awesome with the overboard, taking out those hornets like that. YES JEREMIE ODD SHOULD MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER, ALWAYS.

Yumi, in TV world, the coast is never clear. You should KNOW THAthere goes your leg. There goes your dad. You are terrible at this. THEN ULRICH APPEAAAAARS

"Make my day, shrimp." *sword flick*

aaaaaaaaa this is just too cool, as Hiroki says. D8

More cool boarding from Aelita. Man that pile of stone pillars sure looks threatening! Aelita, don't fall on them. They probably wouldn't devirtualise you, but DON'T FALL ON THEM. Aelita ears. Aelita listening. AELITA FALLS ARGH oh but it was on purpose, and you landed! k.

William-mobile appears and all is well. The sound of that krabe after falling down the shaft is so satisfying, don't you think? 8< Oh hai Skippy. Hai Tara. Bai Overwing. Bai Aelita's hopes of finishing anytime soon, I think.

Yumi, take Hiroki's advice. Take Hiroki's advice. Take eeeet. The guy is fighting for you with a sword irl - why would you not date him? 8|| Yumi's change of expression as she... I'm not sure if she's processing Hiroki's idea or watching Ulrich. Or both at the same time. But the face she makes seems odd.... again. Then Hiroki acts like a nosegay and runs out to do NOTHING RIGHT as Ulrich was about to kill it. God. Then he gets shot, fun.

decoy!Aelita! Who would've guessed. What I don't understand is that the krabe seems to pin Ulrich by his shirt sleeve, but later it looks like it's actually pinning his ARM, hence his face. Must've been painful. 8(( Yumi's like noooooooo and then the leg stops and Ulrich stops AAAAing and all is well, for reels this time. William won't remember anything. "Hunh??"

hahahahaha at how Yumi just looks as if YOU'RE OKAY YOU'RE OKAY THANK GOOOOOD ;_____; and Ulrich's just HOLY CRAP YOU'RE HOLDING ME THIS IS GREAT BUT AAAAAA AWKWARD, it's really funny with just them stuck like this. xDDDD

Ulrich is no longer mopey and actually tries when driving this time. William's gonna take take you to a go-kart club, go-kart club, go-kart club I mean it's nice that Ulrich is given a manly proposal like this. Now he can be a manly man with William. but William won't be partaking in the manly. Yumi is ???. Episode over.

tl;dr see before the ---, but I honestly love this episode to bits. It had Ulrich and Aelita and William being awesome, and the shippy stuff tooz. ..I sincerely apologise to everyone who read this. also, fences =/= gates, tekirai.
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:34 pm

AND DOING IT BEFORE CARTH DOES if she was even planning to

SO WORTH IT.

Man, A Bad Turn really is my favourite episode. It had U/Y everywhere and it was hilarious at times, to boot. Sooo yeah because I love it so much, I'm doing what Carth has done recently and rewatched it while commenting on it. Brace yourselves!!

I WAS! But this makes me really happy, because what I wanted to do in the first place was revive interest in the episodes. It just so happened that school decided to play HEY LET'S GIVE THESE KIDS LOTS OF WORK FOR NO REASON :D and my chain of episodes got a little interrupted. But at least I can amuse myself by reading this! 8D

Msr. le Dong, thank you for contributing so much to this lovely episode with your equally lovely surname.

Le DONG? I never saw THAT! Oh well, at least he did something good for civilization, ne?

And it starts off wonderfully with a camera shot of everybody's butts, one at a time. Classy.

Are you implying that this shot of their butts beats the epic pan-view of Jeremie's butt in The Key? Cause if you are we may have to come to words, sister.
The fact that Ulrich automatically knows what the others are pressuring him about always makes me lol, but Aelita's attitude towards it REALLY makes me lol. I honestly think she develops an amazing personality in S2.

Haha YES. Especially because her personality in season 1 consisted entirely of encouraging words, creepy smiles, not dying, and tower deactivation. But outside of Lyoko, she grew up nicely.

I remember hating his guts back then, but then I realised he's actually quite a heapz cool gai. But then there are moments like these where you just go 'William this is why you are a bad person' and then laugh whenever he ends up kissing Yumi's gate.

You know what, I think we were all the same! Seasons 2 and 3, we hated William's guts because he got in the way of Ulrich and Yumi. Season 4, we realized that not only did Ulrich and Yumi not need the help being awkward around each other (8<) but William looked damn good in black spandex, so most was forgiven. But I still agree, he's a creep. An adorable creep. And he kisses her gate? When did that happen?

Oh and he missed Yumi reject his confession too, I guess.

CL's yo-yoing of love confessions is odd. I'm pretty sure both Ulrich and William have come on to her/confessed multiple times and she just pretends none of it happened.

Yes, William, it will be Ulrich and it always will be. *shipping flames of rage* Speaking of Ulrich, he actually seems genuinely sad when he goes back to his room. Not even sulky!Ulrich. 8( *feels again*

And even with that dodecahedron's mixed-up-ness I still want to give him a hug! *hugs*

Lyoko scene yadda yadda

Who needs action when you could be caught in a bad romance? (Whoa oh oh oh oh)

It's actually weird that Yumi's being so weird towards Ulrich up until this part of the episode - it's like, she's being incredibly friendly. I never understood this. o_0 In any case, Ulrich throws a giant REJECTED stamp at her while she looks confused and William is like :( some more.

I never noticed that! But considering they've been Lyoko Warriors for almost two years, isn't it expected? But still. Poor Willface. The girl he can't accept will never date him doesn't want to date him.

More Jim funtimes. Another random sound effect, the boing noise. Why does this episode have so much of this?

CAUSE SOUND EFFECTS IS SEXY TIMES.

now that is one sexy leg poking out of the scanner c:

Seeeee?

YES HE DID FOLLOW YOU BACK, YES "OH NO".

Yumi and Ulrich have the amazing ability to completely misunderstand each other despite being almost exactly the same. 8<

William can actually drive while Ulrich thinks TIME TO HIT THE CONES AAAAAAAA I missed one did I lose the game

<s>NOOO I LOST THE GAME</s>

woah wait why did they look at each other and smirk? It didn't look evil, so why would that happen?? The Jim thing must have been very funny.

That never made much sense to me either. Was it a sort of "damn adults getting up in our business I totally still hate you" smile? or a "damn jim is a dork oh nu we're agreeing on something" smile?
'hey that's not cool, don't include me in your fluffy romantic moments, maggots'

But it was an adorable romantic moment D: Jeremie and Aelita are far more functional than their comrades, that's for sure.

they're too busy fondling books.

As if the whole show wasn't already 'bout sex.

man this part is so boring

And this, good friends, is why the marketing execs at Moonscoops are doodoo heads. Romance good, action icing on the cake!

William sees the krabe and goes OH MAN WHAT IS THAT and Ulrich's like psssh get with the times, it's a krabe, this is so not cool.

Ah, William should enjoy his not-knowing-what-Lyoko is days while he can. Cause within a few months he's gonna get to know it on a personal level c:

I'M THE ONE THE CREATURE IS AFTER and you're also the most likely to be thrown in the happy hospital if you always try to be so direct with this, Yumi, geez.

WHEE LOGIC

...really uncalled for whenever Ulrich says he wouldn't save William, though.

That whole scene seems waaaay overdramatic. I have a feeling Ulrich would have- hate or no hate a person's death is pretty hard on your conscience. It's just a fancy way of saying "o btw maybe this isn't the time, but I really hate your guts." But enough making excuses for the kid.

"Make my day, shrimp." *sword flick*

aaaaaaaaa this is just too cool, as Hiroki says. D8

Some of the action is boring, and some of the action is sexy. THIS action was sexy. <s>Hot Krabe on Ulrich action lol</s>

And totally not gonna quote but yeah Aelita kicked butt too.

Yumi, take Hiroki's advice. Take Hiroki's advice. Take eeeet. The guy is fighting for you with a sword irl - why would you not date him? 8||

When you put it that way, Yumi has to have a damn good reason for stalling this long. I think the only viable reason would be a previous marriage, and even that is tentative.

And what's a nosegay? A gay nose?
William's gonna take take you to a go-kart club, go-kart club, go-kart club

I wanna go to a go-kart club with William c: But that scene made no sense to me. Something else must've happened the night before because otherwise I see no reason for William to be all like HEY LET'S BE BUDDIES <s>and then forget about it</s>. Unless he wanted to run Ulrich over with a go-kart. <s>which is okay as long as you use protection</s>

So anyway, loved the commentary, enjoy the episode. Aaaahm gonna go back to not caring about studying anymore time.
Carth offline

Postby Tekirai » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Although I meant to say, Carth, don't let me internet shenanigans put you off of doing commentary on this ep, too. We need a side that isn't full of keyboard molestation and capslock. 8\)

Carth wrote:And he kisses her gate? When did that happen?

He tried kissing Yumi but she ducked out of the way. It really made it look like he was smooching her gate. xD You might need to rewatch it to see what I mean.

It's actually weird that Yumi's being so weird towards Ulrich up until this part of the episode - it's like, she's being incredibly friendly. I never understood this. o_0 In any case, Ulrich throws a giant REJECTED stamp at her while she looks confused and William is like :( some more.

I never noticed that! But considering they've been Lyoko Warriors for almost two years, isn't it expected? But still. Poor Willface. The girl he can't accept will never date him doesn't want to date him.

Compared to the other episodes, Yumi still doesn't act as... what word should I even use here?? Friendly's the closest I can get. She sounded like a mix between shy and intoxicated whenever she said goodbye to Ulrich, so it made me wonder. 8| hmmmmmm

also the smilie that shows up for :( made me laugh so much, it was exactly the kind of face I meant William was making loooooool

When you put it that way, Yumi has to have a damn good reason for stalling this long. I think the only viable reason would be a previous marriage, and even that is tentative.

And what's a nosegay? A gay nose?

Now that I've grown the second half of my brain I've really looked into their relationship more in my rewatch of the episodes of CL I remotely liked. Yumi seems pretty sure of Ulrich's feelings for her, but she's most likely not so sure about she feels about him in return. And she knows that she isn't sure, so she probably worries that if they did end up going out or whatever Ulrich would be disappointed. :<

I think it's why she ends up saying 'LET'S BE FRIENDS :D' - she isn't that sure if she feels the same way, and as strongly <s>even though it's obvious that she does kinda</s> :c It might've been her way of not hurting his feelings BUT IT SURE DID A WHOLE LOT OF GOOD. Iunno, makes the most sense to me.

nosegay
\NOHZ-gay\ , noun;
A bunch of odorous and showy flowers; a bouquet; a posy

Basically, I'm calling Hiroki a bunch of flowers. A bizarre word I discovered playing IRC Boggle once, and because nobody has any idea what it means, I use it as a silly insult. It sounds funny, too. 8DD

I wanna go to a go-kart club with William c: But that scene made no sense to me. Something else must've happened the night before because otherwise I see no reason for William to be all like HEY LET'S BE BUDDIES <s>and then forget about it</s>. Unless he wanted to run Ulrich over with a go-kart. <s>which is okay as long as you use protection</s>

why is it that because of that last strikeout I am now incredibly tempted to write some U/W fic where this whole go-kart thing is just one huge euphemism

and Ulrich is completely clueless as he goes with him for the first time

.....DON'T LET ME NEAR THE INTERNEEEEEEET
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

PreviousNext