Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am

A Bad Turn

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

How'd you like it?

10/10
80%
7-9/10
13%
6/10 and below.
7%

Total votes : 30

Postby Dylan0513 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:38 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:I missed the first six minutes, but this eppie was great! I loved Aelita's moves on the Overboard! She certainly seemed to be having fun with it ^_^

Also, why were Ulrich and William in detention (was it detention)?

Ah, Hiroki is priceless! XD Gotta love the little brother "This is the guy you should go out with!"

They were fighting in PE, kind of over Yumi
This use has been banned.

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:47 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:I missed the first six minutes, but this eppie was great! I loved Aelita's moves on the Overboard! She certainly seemed to be having fun with it ^_^

Ah, Hiroki is priceless! XD Gotta love the little brother "This is the guy you should go out with!"

Oh yeah...the Ulrich vs William fight. ^^; Well, we knew that was going to happen eventually. It was kind of funny how Jim broke it up, picking them both up literally off the ground by their shirt collars. XD

Hiroki's adorable. Yay Ulrich, for saving Yumi's spiffy little brother! :D She was hugging him too at the RTTP. ^.^ It kind of made me think of "TeddyGozilla"...only a little more serious, I suppose. ^^;

Hmm...I guess William's not so bad. ;) I still am not entirely fond of his outlook on relationships. He's still thinking of them as a sort of "competition", which isn't really a great way to look at them (along with his "crazyness" about love) but he did help out the group this time around instead of really setting them back like he did in "Attack of the Zombies".

I'm wondering though...surely Jeremie would have heard that car and Krab come crashing down the elevator shaft. I'd love to know what he'd been thinking. :*D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dylan0513 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:49 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:

Oh yeah...the Ulrich vs William fight. ^^; Well, we knew that was going to happen eventually. It was kind of funny how Jim broke it up, picking them both up literally off the ground by their shirt collars. XD

Hiroki's adorable. Yay Ulrich, for saving Yumi's spiffy little brother! :D She was hugging him too at the RTTP. ^.^ It kind of made me think of "TeddyGozilla"...only a little more serious, I suppose. ^^;

Hmm...I guess William's not so bad. ;) I still am not entirely fond of his outlook on relationships. He's still thinking of them as a sort of "competition", which isn't really a great way to look at them (along with his "crazyness" about love) but he did help out the group this time around instead of really setting them back like he did in "Attack of the Zombies".

I'm wondering though...surely Jeremie would have heard that car and Krab come crashing down the elevator shaft. I'd love to know what he'd been thinking. :*D

lol, yea, they didn't show anything about that after.
This use has been banned.

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby MY85 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:56 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Oh yeah...the Ulrich vs William fight. ^^; Well, we knew that was going to happen eventually. It was kind of funny how Jim broke it up, picking them both up literally off the ground by their shirt collars. XD

Picking them up by their shirt collars? Lol... reminds me of when people grab young kids and kick 'em in their butts to see how high they fly. XD If you can picture Jim doing that, Ulrich and William's butts would be hurt.

*prays for supplier* Mew, you should check out BKO once in a while... it doesn't bite.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Stephen (x1) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:57 pm

OMG The kids driving cars? Hahaha...And the Krabs...are HUGE in the real world...They fricken destroyed those scanners...

Go Ulrich!! Save Yumi!!

One of the biggest Y/U episodes, next to Cold War and Routine. Ah, was awesome.....

And as Mew didn't entirely answer Ray...

Ransomed_Heart wrote:Also, why were Ulrich and William in detention (was it detention)?

When Ulrich follows Yumi to finally tell her how he feels, William is outside of her house and tries to kiss her. The next day, that anger, added onto the anger of William making fun of Ulrich's driving, causes the two to get into a fistfight.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby some perplexity » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:01 pm

i lovedddddd this eppie. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3~!!!!

anyway, hiroki is so stupid for running out like that. xD

but anyway. definatly 10/10.

[sig and icon both made by meh.]
[ ..no touchie..]
some perplexity offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:17 pm

x1 wrote:OMG The kids driving cars? Hahaha...And the Krabs...are HUGE in the real world...They fricken destroyed those scanners...

XD I forgot the legal driving age in France is lower than it is here. I loved all the different ways they all drove. Sissi was poor. Odd drove with a wild style. Yumi was stressed. Ulrich hit all the cones. Herb was one of those "jerk to a stop and go" drivers, while William did alright. And Aelita seemed...quite bored really. :*D I suppose a test like that is nothing when you know the actual process behind driving a car. ^^;

x1 wrote:Go Ulrich!! Save Yumi!!

One of the biggest Y/U episodes, next to Cold War and Routine. Ah, was awesome.....

And "Cruel Dilemma"! Don't forget that one too! :D

x1 wrote:And as Mew didn't entirely answer Ray...

Ransomed_Heart wrote:Also, why were Ulrich and William in detention (was it detention)?

When Ulrich follows Yumi to finally tell her how he feels, William is outside of her house and tries to kiss her. The next day, that anger, added onto the anger of William making fun of Ulrich's driving, causes the two to get into a fistfight.

^^; Thanks. That's precisely why they were fighting. It was another one of those, "Poor Ulrich" scenes for me. ^^

To BHR: I'll check it out. ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bduddy » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:17 pm

Those Krabs were so cute... yet destructive! I want one! ^_^
I like short signatures. Do you?

bduddy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Stephen (x1) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:26 pm

Mewberries151 wrote: ^^; Thanks. That's precisely why they were fighting. It was another one of those, "Poor Ulrich" scenes for me. ^^

They drive at too early of an age I guess...

*cough* You will? Sweet..
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:08 pm

x1 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote: ^^; Thanks. That's precisely why they were fighting. It was another one of those, "Poor Ulrich" scenes for me. ^^

They drive at too early of an age I guess...

*cough* You will? Sweet..

Rules are different around the world. Like legal age to drink (USA at 21, other countries at 18 years old).

To Mew: Nice! BKO explains many things... you're used to my kind of posts, right?

To x1: Lmao!!
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:45 am

Razputin Nein wrote:Oh yeah, and i forgot to mention. The ending sucked. Why didnt they go further back in time so that ulrich could tell yumi?

My guess: The amount of power XANA gets from them using the RTTP isn't as simple as 'Doubles each use'. The further back they go, the bigger the boost he gets.

Or Jeremy goofed. Take your pick...
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SamBlob » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:46 am

It occurred to me this morning that no-one mentioned the return of the samurai armour from "The Girl Of The Dreams".

Interesting that the first time we see it in the episode is when Ishiyama-san attacks Yumi by mistake. That must have brought back some *bad* memories to Yumi...

...and if they brought the armour back, maybe they'll bring Taelia back?
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:04 am

Cassius335 wrote:
Razputin Nein wrote:Oh yeah, and i forgot to mention. The ending sucked. Why didnt they go further back in time so that ulrich could tell yumi?

My guess: The amount of power XANA gets from them using the RTTP isn't as simple as 'Doubles each use'. The further back they go, the bigger the boost he gets.

Or Jeremy goofed. Take your pick...

Or (now I didn't see it so I'm going on what the others told me) he didn't want to risk Ulrich and William getting into it again. Ulrich doesn't have the best track record for letting go of things, even after a RTTP. In "New Order" Odd comments that he still had to drag Ulrich away from Yumi and William. It could be that Jeremy didn't want to risk going back far enough for Ulrich to re-live the incident that got him to angry at William.

And thanks Dylan, Mew, and x1 for the info ^_^
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:25 am

Ransomed_Heart wrote:Or (now I didn't see it so I'm going on what the others told me)

You too?
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:27 am

Cassius335 wrote:
Ransomed_Heart wrote:Or (now I didn't see it so I'm going on what the others told me)

You too?

Just the first part of the episode, I saw the rest.

SamBlob wrote:Interesting that the first time we see it in the episode is when Ishiyama-san attacks Yumi by mistake. That must have brought back some *bad* memories to Yumi...

Geez, you're right! Poor Yumi, that must have scared her even more than it would have under normal circumstances!
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SamBlob » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:55 am

TB3 wrote:I've yet to see this ep but the recap on TV.com blew me away - the kids first driving lessons - Jim the army Corporal - materialising Crabs - Aelita on the overboard - driving a car into the elevator shaf.

Sounds fantastic!

And then, of course, there is the Krab catching the beam above the elevator opening... you think it's going to pull itself out... but then the momentum of the car is too much for it and it falls in anyway. Pure Hitchcock! :shock:
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyn » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:28 am

Lets see. Krabs are awesome, virtualized monsters are awesome, therefore, Virtualized Krabs are mathmatically very awesome. They were possibly my favorite part of the episode, and I seriously hope XANA virtualizes more monsters sometime... I'm hoping for the Manta Rays but I doubt it'll happen. ^o^

All the scenes on Lyoko with Aelita were awesome and deserving of praise (in my opinion...). She's really good on the Overboard! That was so great... and she got rid of the monsters by herself. ^^ Cheers for Aelita.

And there was fluff, yes, lots of Y/U fluff. ^_^

Can't think of anything else now, but the episode was really great.
Lyn offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Saphire-089 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:24 pm

bduddy wrote:Those Krabs were so cute... yet destructive! I want one! ^_^

You could ask XANA for one!:D J/K
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:44 am

Lyn wrote:Lets see. Krabs are awesome, virtualized monsters are awesome, therefore, Virtualized Krabs are mathmatically very awesome. They were possibly my favorite part of the episode, and I seriously hope XANA virtualizes more monsters sometime... I'm hoping for the Manta Rays but I doubt it'll happen. ^o^

All the scenes on Lyoko with Aelita were awesome and deserving of praise (in my opinion...). She's really good on the Overboard! That was so great... and she got rid of the monsters by herself. ^^ Cheers for Aelita.

And there was fluff, yes, lots of Y/U fluff. ^_^

Can't think of anything else now, but the episode was really great.

You mean materialized, right? :umm:
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:46 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Aelita rules! There's no other way to put it. XD And she's seriously picking up Odd's habits. She was always very clever when it comes to beating XANA monsters on her own, but watching her do it Tony Hawk style was pretty awesome! :D Aelita was the most awesome in this episode, with Ulrich a close second. Go Aelita and Ulrich! ^.^

Indeed, it was their episode. Although Ulrich didn't started it well.

I was totally LMAO at the kids driving cars. I knew Ulrich would suck and it wouldn't be funny... but something I've grabbed from William would be: <i>It's not Odd's fault that you drive like a fool.</i> Then, the two start to duke it out and Jim picked them up like a person grabs dogs from the neck. rofl

I've loved Aelita loads on this episode, and I've previously watched Temptation (yep, LatinAmerica gets the episodes in order, not like the States. :P)

Krabe-licious episode. They seem hilarious to look. But Ulrich saving Yumi's life was off the hook. Hiroki... blah, stupid kid.

Nice episode...
MY85 offline

Postby TL. » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:27 pm

Good ep, but not that good. The overboard scenes were fun (Aelita FINALY kicking ass). And despite the fact that legal driving ages are different in France; I still can't get my head around the concept of 14 year olds in control of a car.

What is legal driving age in France?
THIS IS MY FORUM NOW!

ALL WHO DEFY ME, SHALL BE DESTROYED!
TL. offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:33 pm

A number.

And it varies from state to state. For New Hampshire, it's 15 and a half.

WHEE!

Driving May 26 2007.

GET THE HELMETS!

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:24 pm

TL wrote:Good ep, but not that good. The overboard scenes were fun (Aelita FINALY kicking ass). And despite the fact that legal driving ages are different in France; I still can't get my head around the concept of 14 year olds in control of a car.

What is legal driving age in France?

You can drive a mo-ped at age 13-14 in France, I believe. And I think that the legal driving age is 16...so kids begin learning how to drive at 13 and 14, just like teens here can begin to learn how to drive at 15-17 years of age. ^^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext