Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:25 pm

Cold War

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Dylan0513 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:38 pm

XANA deactivating the tower. He was just waiting for the right moment to trap the kinds in the blizzard. A suscessful XANA attack because they had to RTTP.
This use has been banned.

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Razputin Nein » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:38 pm

I hope the next episode isnt like this. I miss episodes with story in them.
Razputin Nein offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Dylan0513 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:38 pm

Man, i'm not exaggerating, this is the best episode of Season 2 and 1!

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:39 pm

Awww...and Ulrich was crying too. *huggles Ulrich* He's having a hard week... ^_^ At least Yumi was okay though. I was afraid there myself. Talk about cutting it close.

Hey, and check Jeremie's RTTP style. A snap of the fingers...too cool...literally. XD

I loved TV's attempt to make the school look bad. Of course he'd pick Jeremie first. 99.87 out of 100? ...woah...
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dylan0513 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:41 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Awww...and Ulrich was crying too. *huggles Ulrich* He's having a hard week... ^_^ At least Yumi was okay though. I was afraid there myself. Talk about cutting it close.

Hey, and check Jeremie's RTTP style. A snap of the fingers...too cool...literally. XD

I loved TV's attempt to make the school look bad. Of course he'd pick Jeremie first. 99.87 out of 100? ...woah...

Yeah, I think he did it becuase he HAD to do it right away. The closest ever to a character dying.

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Arcangel613 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:43 pm

HORRAY! THANK THE LORD YUMI DIDN'T DIE! AND THAT ULRICH ALMOST ADMITED HIS UNDIEING LOVE FOR HER!!!!! as you can see I'm just a tad bit hyper. I missed the first few minutes but still a darn good episode! And how many people wanted Odd to slam that giant snowball right in Ulrichs face? Yumi saved herself from the fury of Ulrichs snowball by her cellphone

Yumi:SAVED BY THE CELL!!

A sad yet touching episode, and yay for the return of natural disaster! We definetly need more episodes like this.

10/10
Formerly Raven_613

Tekirai wrote:69% of the population thinks sexual innuendo is funny

I saw you smiling.

Arcangel613 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: New Azarath...what, you don't read the comics? the old azarath was destroyed ages ago. Darn Trigon.

Postby Dylan0513 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:45 pm

Raven_613 wrote:HORRAY! THANK THE LORD YUMI DIDN'T DIE! AND THAT ULRICH ALMOST ADMITED HIS UNDIEING LOVE FOR HER!!!!! as you can see I'm just a tad bit hyper. I missed the first few minutes but still a darn good episode! And how many people wanted Odd to slam that giant snowball right in Ulrichs face? Yumi saved herself from the fury of Ulrichs snowball by her cellphone

Yumi:SAVED BY THE CELL!!

A sad yet touching episode, and yay for the return of natural disaster! We definetly need more episodes like this.

10/10

He kind of did he admitted he loved her, but too bad Yumi was unconsus.(sp?)

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Arcangel613 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:48 pm

Dylan0513 wrote:He kind of did he admitted he loved her, but too bad Yumi was unconsus.(sp?)

And how do you know that she didn't hear him? she could of heard him say that Then she passed out.
Formerly Raven_613

Tekirai wrote:69% of the population thinks sexual innuendo is funny

I saw you smiling.

Arcangel613 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: New Azarath...what, you don't read the comics? the old azarath was destroyed ages ago. Darn Trigon.

Postby Razputin Nein » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:53 pm

I could have sworn in the episode routine that they almost kissed, so wouldnt, like, she know already? XD
Razputin Nein offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Exploder » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:54 pm

lol... "It's a scientific fact that if we huddle we will stay warm."
*slap*
"Oh, well it's also a scientific fact that a slap to the cheek will warm you up!"

That was funny!
Exploder offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:02 pm

What an awesome episode! I went from laughing to crying! And the snowball fight was awesome. Go Mr. Delmas! lol...

Ah, it's good to have the old X.A.N.A. back again. A good old fashioned near-death experience that's not induced by some kind of posession is just what the doctor ordered ^_^
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:08 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:What an awesome episode! I went from laughing to crying! And the snowball fight was awesome. Go Mr. Delmas! lol...

Ah, it's good to have the old X.A.N.A. back again. A good old fashioned near-death experience that's not induced by some kind of posession is just what the doctor ordered ^_^

Here here! :D

XD A snowball fight..."Cold War"...I so had that pegged. :*D (j/k)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Icelcis » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:12 pm

Yay, XANA is back to his old methods of mass destruction and utter chaos!

Being a writer who is almost set to go professional, I think that had they killed Yumi, it would have added even more plotlines to this already complicated season. Okay, so we have:

1. XANA wanting Aelita's memory. This is the primary plot.
2. Aelita's dreams, which probably are closely correlated to Point 1.
3. Finding the anti-virus, basically the only thing Jeremie is still around for.
4. The love stories. Jeremie and Aelita, and the triangle of Ulrich, Yumi, and William.
5. The minor plot of Sissi trying to get on the Lyoko team.
6. The minor plot of the Hermitage. This also includes Franz Hopper.
7. Carthage.

It is very bad if you have more than six plots going on at once. It dilutes the quality of all. Remember, if a company manufactures both shoes and golf clubs, the standard of quality and funds allocated individually will be much lower than that of a company that solely manufactures vacuum cleaners.

However, should Yumi have died, it would introduce these new points to the total, which is already over the reasonable limit:

8. Ulrich being understandably angsty.
9. William mad at Ulrich for letting her die.
10. The Lyoko team grieving. Point 8 would be more important than this one.
11. If they go back in time to when the blizzard never occurred, then the general public would have no idea how Yumi died. Naturally, some sort of inquiry would take place.
12. Due to that inquiry, the Lyoko gang would have to work harder than ever to hide Lyoko.

As you can see, weighing down this already heavy story with any more plots would likely make it collapse. Heck, I'm surprised it hasn't all fallen apart already.

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Razputin Nein » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:14 pm

Icelcis wrote:8. Ulrich being understandably angsty.

Emo Ulrich haha
Razputin Nein offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:21 pm

Poor Ulrich has enough angst on his shoulders already. XD

Plus Yumi dying would be entirely too sad. And Ulrich really did his very best to try and save her. XANA just kept throwing him for a loop though. They really portrayed his frustration well in that scene too.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:35 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Poor Ulrich has enough angst on his shoulders already. XD

Plus Yumi dying would be entirely too sad. And Ulrich really did his very best to try and save her. XANA just kept throwing him for a loop though. They really portrayed his frustration well in that scene too.

Ack! The frozen tear was so...so...*starts crying again* Poor Ulrich, that was the saddest scene ever!
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyn » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:45 pm

Wow... that was, um, chaotic. xD It was really nice, and surprising, since it was like an old XANA attack. Weather! How awesome! Next I want to see a hailstorm. With little XANA symbols on the pieces of hail... they could target any building XANA wanted! xD I still can't figure out the point of activating two towers, then deactivating them before launching a /real/ attack. Probably to make them think it was a false alarm, so they would stay at school, therefore allowing him to traped them.

The Lyoko Team has no luck when it comes to people in the media. First that guy from End of Take, and now TV. They were both annoying. TV got what was coming, though. Kudos for his camerawoman. ^.^

I'm so glad Yumi didn't die; I really thought she had... that was definatly sad. Wai~ Ive never had a tree fall on me, but it sure doesn't look like a pleasant experience... and poor Ulrich! This episode was weird in that it had angst and humor mixed together in great porportions. Strange, but nice when it's pulled off well.

The snowball fight was great. Jim got hit in the head- haha. xD Jim is so weird.

Great episode. Note to self: Never complain about the cold again. It's not that cold...
Lyn offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:55 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:Poor Ulrich has enough angst on his shoulders already. XD

Ack! The frozen tear was so...so...*starts crying again* Poor Ulrich, that was the saddest scene ever!

*sniffles* It really was. That definitely is on my list of most moving CL scenes. I was really touched by it. That and the scene directly afterward where Ulrich thought he hadn't been able to save her and he sort of held his head in his hands looking terribly upset. That was really an emotional scene.

TB3 wrote:Sounds like this one was a goodie - I can't wait to see it!

And Mewberries - we finally got our wish - WEATHER! YIPPEE! :D

(does silly little Happy Dance.)

Oh, you'll like it. ;) And yes, weather! *woots* X) *happy dances as well*

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby YDV » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:03 pm

Razputin Nein wrote:I hope the next episode isnt like this. I miss episodes with story in them.

Me too. I did like this ep, but.. COME ON!! Plot developmenttttt :whatever:
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:20 pm

Old school XANA!! Yay!! Wow, it was like everyone else expected. Like a Season 1 attack and Ulrich admitting his love for Yumi... kinda like Routine...
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Exploder » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:22 pm

I really thought Yumi was dead. No on could possibly survive subzero weather while trapped under a tree. And the frozen tear, that was sad. Lol, serves TV right crashing into the tree. He's mean.
Exploder offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:24 pm

Indeed. XANA made France like Finland, or Russia. Just imagine what XANA would do with the heat (expecting global overheating, people?).
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby SamBlob » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:28 pm

Your De-Virtualization wrote:
Razputin Nein wrote:I hope the next episode isnt like this. I miss episodes with story in them.

Me too. I did like this ep, but.. COME ON!! Plot developmenttttt :whatever:

There will be other episodes for plot development.

The snowball fight, the old-style XANA attack, the mantas and their mines in the outer regions, TV and his "tricked-out" car and Sissy and Herb, all that was *great*!!!

Even better was Aelita on the Overcycle, creating a ramp and jumping over the scipizoa like Evel Knievel! ...and then landing like Evel Kneivel often did... *ouch*

...but all of it fades in comparison with Ulrich, crouched over Yumi trapped under the tree, his tears frozen to his face, telling Yumi every reason he can think of for her to fight to stay alive, and finally telling her his ultimate reason... "i need you" ;__;
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Exploder » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:38 pm

That was very sad. And then when Odd was walking to the factory and thinking of warm things, lol.
Exploder offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

PreviousNext