Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 pm

A Fine Mess

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

How was it?

*is laughing too hard to answer*
75%
*snickers* It was pretty funny...
25%
Oh puh-leeese!
No votes

Total votes : 61

A Fine Mess

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:36 pm

Well, I could go on first about this episode but I'll let someone else go first. ^^; The one thing I'll say at this point is: KITTY EAR HAT!!! :*D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Icelcis » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:45 pm

:*D :*D :*D :*D

Oh my God, that was hilarious!

"Ni hao!" Wo hao, Odd. I'm taking Chinese as my language in high school, and I'm happy to say that I understood it! One has to wonder how he learned Chinese, though. The guy in the scarf was teaching Spanish, so....

And the body switch was great.... So original! (voice dripping with sarcasm) Funny though, what with Yumi getting slapped, and Odd hitting on Ulrich!

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby DL » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:46 pm

rofl in my opinion the funniest episode to date. from the begining:

Odd: Huh, something is itchy wait I think it is your...

Yumi: Don't you dare take that off!!!

to the middle:

Odd: You can practice asking Yumi out now and I can tell you what you are doing wrong!

Ulrich: I don't thinks so

Odd: Come on!

to the end:

Yumi: *looks at picture* ODD!! I am going to kill you!!! (you know that is what she was thinking)

Over all very funny, doubt it could get any funnier

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Reploid CB » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:48 pm

"*is laughing to hard to answer*"

XD XD XD
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Arcangel613 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:53 pm

he he catwoman :*D oh god that was comedy gold I tell you. This was a pretty good episode, but that hat was just great, I bet Willam craped his pants went he saw that outfit how much you wanna bet Yumis gunna hang Odd on a flag pole, or beat the crap outta him.

Yumi--> :bash: <--Odd
Formerly Raven_613

Tekirai wrote:69% of the population thinks sexual innuendo is funny

I saw you smiling.

Arcangel613 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: New Azarath...what, you don't read the comics? the old azarath was destroyed ages ago. Darn Trigon.

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:00 pm

I wanted to write a fanfic with a plot like this (only with all of them switching)...guess I can't do that now, can I? ^^;

Ah well, I wouldn't have it any other way. This episode was the funniest one to date! :*D Watching Yumi's display some of Odd's typical emotions and gestures was a real treat! I want that kitty hat...they should have had Odd wearing it on his own in the end. That would have been funny. :D They must have you on DevWatch, CB! ^_^

Odd/Yumi teasing Ulrich about practicing asking her out was pretty amusing...poor Yumi/Odd though. Geez Odd! 2 girls?!! ^^;

This is one of the few episodes where I kind of wished Millie and Tamiya (or Tamiya at least) would have something happen to their equipment. Seriously, what are they doing bugging the few people who stand up for them? I half expected Yumi (or Odd) to "accidentally" destroy the incriminating film. Ah well...Yumi's enraged cry of "ODD!!!!!" at the end was priceless at any rate. The VAs must have had a blast with this episode.

Okay, Lyoko Odd/Yumi and Lyoko Yumi/Odd were killer! Odd/Yumi taking his first steps in Yumi's heels and Yumi/Odd's following laugh. Hilarious! Absolutely genius! I loved the "Laser Arrow" tutorial! And Yumi/Odd just "sitting" on Odd's Overboard? XD

Awww...did anyone catch that cute little shot of Aelita napping on the Factory floor? Too sweet! I wish Jeremie had had a coat to put over her or something cute like that. ^_^

I'm not sure how much Aelita must have enjoyed that little game of "Pass the AI". I know it was the only way to get her across but still... -.- Oh, and Odd/Yumi's freestyling zero-gravity swim? Too funny...especially since he was in Yumi's virtual form at the time. And every embarrased look he shot while in Yumi's form? Also way too funny! This episode has definitely made it into my top episodes list. :D

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:14 pm

As soon as Odd's voice came out of Yumi's mouth I started howling with laughter. That was priceless! And the whole 'strap' conversation was so funny, I loved Yumi's enraged scream.

This is going up there as one of my favorite episodes. As much as I wanted X.A.N.A. to do something dastardly and city-threatening, this was more than enough to make up for it.

It is interesting to note that Yumi effective mastered Odd's weapon and sheild but he never quite got the hang of hers. And why was she sitting on the Overboard? She can skateboard just like Odd can, so I would assume she would be able to ride it. Even Aelita has ridden it before on her own!
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Stephen (x1) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:21 pm

Yup good...Just can't say much else...Except for..."Don't you dare take that off!"
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:23 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:It is interesting to note that Yumi effective mastered Odd's weapon and sheild but he never quite got the hang of hers. And why was she sitting on the Overboard? She can skateboard just like Odd can, so I would assume she would be able to ride it. Even Aelita has ridden it before on her own!

XD Yeah! He had to keep remembering to duck. X) Good thing he didn't try using two fans. ^^;

Maybe Yumi didn't trust herself to skate in Odd's body...or surfing's not her thing (as Ulrich said of himself). :*D I would have loved to see her try though. Aelita sure had the right idea riding with Ulrich. She must have figured no way would she be riding with Odd after that spill he took...and Yumi wasn't enjoying herself much anyway. ^^

I'm surprised Yumi was fine with bunking in the room with Ulrich...then again, maybe she was just too distracted by Kiwi growling at her the whole time. We're back to picking on poor Yumi again. ;)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:25 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:I'm surprised Yumi was fine with bunking in the room with Ulrich...then again, maybe she was just too distracted by Kiwi growling at her the whole time. We're back to picking on poor Yumi again. ;)

I was wondering about that too. I could see a major scene developing there, but the episode didn't even deal with it. I imagine they couldn't even look at one another ^_^
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.

~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:29 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:I'm surprised Yumi was fine with bunking in the room with Ulrich...then again, maybe she was just too distracted by Kiwi growling at her the whole time. We're back to picking on poor Yumi again. ;)

I was wondering about that too. I could see a major scene developing there, but the episode didn't even deal with it. I imagine they couldn't even look at one another ^_^

XD Indeed! I also half-expected Ulrich to forget it was Yumi instead of Odd and start changing into his PJs...which would have lead to a rather blush-filled situation. ^^; Although...because they didn't show it...it's free fanfic territory. *evil grin* :D

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DarthFerfer » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:32 pm

Raven_613 wrote:he he catwoman :*D oh god that was comedy gold I tell you. This was a pretty good episode, but that hat was just great, I bet Willam craped his pants went he saw that outfit how much you wanna bet Yumis gunna hang Odd on a flag pole, or beat the crap outta him.

Yumi--> :bash: <--Odd

no this is yumi :shg: ;__; and this Odd
Just tell your parents that we're fighting rouge computer thats trying to take over a world.
-Odd

Welcome to room 289.5 AKA the evil genius lab
DarthFerfer offline

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:35 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
Ransomed_Heart wrote:

XD Indeed! I also half-expected Ulrich to forget it was Yumi instead of Odd and start changing into his PJs...which would have lead to a rather blush-filled situation. ^^; Although...because they didn't show it...it's free fanfic territory. *evil grin* :D

Oh yes...*rubs hand together evilly* Yes yes yes...us authors are going to go bonkers over this one...
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.

~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Little Vili » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:38 pm

lol...Yumi and Ulrich got to sleep in the same room.....just not the way *cough* they *cough* would have liked. Wow...the originallity was great, and Im glad I didnt have to play "who will xana possese today?"

well, I know I havent read any of your guyses other posts...I know I should start doing that again.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:39 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:
Ransomed_Heart wrote:

Oh yes...*rubs hand together evilly* Yes yes yes...us authors are going to go bonkers over this one...

:D *evil laugh* Feel the power of the evil Y/U fanatics! Mwahahaha! Actually...I really might just right a few POV fics on this. It's incredibly tempting... XD

And for the record: This was Yumi at the end :grr: And this was Odd x_x lol
Last edited by Mewberries151 on Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DarthFerfer » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:52 pm

lol rofl lmao i think it's a combo of the three
Just tell your parents that we're fighting rouge computer thats trying to take over a world.
-Odd

DarthFerfer offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:57 pm

Oh good grief...I just realized exactly what that was Yumi/Odd dug out of Odd's dresser. Not only was it a fork...but it's a baby's travel fork. *snickers* Well he did say he'd had it since he was little...apparently he loved to eat even then. :*D

Did anyone else find it amusing that not only did Tamiya and Millie publish the photo of Ulrich and Odd/Yumi...but made it a two page special, no less? XD

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DarthFerfer » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:05 pm

yah i loved the look on yumi's parents' face when she pulled out the baby fork that was rich im still laughing and its over an hour later
-Odd

DarthFerfer offline

Postby Cecilia » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:14 pm

xD A nice move from the norm.

O.o Though now I'm a bit concerned...Odd told Yumi that you had to visualize the arrows...o.O But he has a finite number of arrows. It doesn't add up.

Okay, too nit-picky am I, but the Chinese bit and the strap joke were good...and the fork, SO ironic because I was thinking about what we were cooking in my Japanese class Saturday and determined to make the chopsticks work.
Cecilia offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby DarthFerfer » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:18 pm

once i got the chopstick to work.......but i need a hour to figure it out
-Odd

DarthFerfer offline

Postby Saphire-089 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:22 pm

Poor Odd! XD I almost feel a bit sorry for him. XD
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby DarthFerfer » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:23 pm

why
-Odd

DarthFerfer offline

Postby SamBlob » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:43 pm

I am *CERTAIN* that someone mentioned a body switch on TVTome's "Things They Would Never Say/Do"!!!

Apart from that, I will not mention the Earth part of this episode. *TOO* embarrassing! O_O

...well, except for one thing: They would *not* have changed voices! Not unless each body somehow got the other's vocal chords, which would be an even bigger foul-up than what happened.

On Lyoko: EXCELLENT! I could tell that Yumi was going to fire one at Odd, but that didn't stop me laughing when it happened!

Yumi and Odd having to learn each other's skills was great, especially when they finally got it right... well, sort of...

How come the Mantas didn't come after Aelita?

Excellent episode. It's a real pity the RTTP couldn't have been used. It would have saved Yumi a lot of greif :toomuch: and saved Odd a lot of PAIN!!! Odd -> :die: <- Yumi
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:50 pm

SamBlob wrote:...well, except for one thing: They would *not* have changed voices! Not unless each body somehow got the other's vocal chords, which would be an even bigger foul-up than what happened.

Yeah...I was thinking about that. Although that would have made it really hard to tell if they'd even switched...although I'd have loved to hear Yumi's VA imitating Odd's mannerisms. Odd got to do it...but I'd love to hear Yumi's imitation of his voice. If it's anything like her Sissi impression, it would have been gold. :*D

SamBlob wrote:Excellent episode. It's a real pity the RTTP couldn't have been used. It would have saved Yumi a lot of greif :toomuch: and saved Odd a lot of PAIN!!! Odd -> :die: <- Yumi

XD Indeed! ^^; Heh...maybe we're finally having a "Pick on Odd" week. :D

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:58 pm

Odd and Yumi switching bodies? Sounds pretty messed up... gotta see this episode when my pc gets fixed completely...
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Next