Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:46 am

A Fine Mess

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

How was it?

*is laughing too hard to answer*
75%
*snickers* It was pretty funny...
25%
Oh puh-leeese!
No votes

Total votes : 61

Postby Skysong » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:19 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:I wanted to write a fanfic with a plot like this (only with all of them switching)...guess I can't do that now, can I? ^^;

So did I! What's really scary is that I wanted to have a bra joke in it, something like this: Odd: Oh, man, is this itchy! *looks down shirt* ACK! IT'S PINK!

*Jeremie chokes and there is a whistling sound as Ulrich's respect level for Yumi drops quite a bit*

*Yumi proceeds to hurt Odd*

What I want to know is when is it *not* pick on Odd day?
Mistress of madness and all that jazz. FFN account DA account
Panel from Wild Child 'cause the nosekiss was getting too weird.
Skysong offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:31 pm

Skysong wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:I wanted to write a fanfic with a plot like this (only with all of them switching)...guess I can't do that now, can I? ^^;

So did I! What's really scary is that I wanted to have a bra joke in it.

XD And I wanted to have Odd's "switch" having trouble with the laser arrows too. In mine though, Ulrich would have switched with Odd, and Odd with Yumi; leaving Yumi in Ulrich's body, and therefore the one who'd have the least trouble in battle (as she obviously has taken lessons in swordsmanship too). I had a funny scene idea for Odd getting frustrated with Yumi's fan:

Odd *looking at fan*: Come on, open! Open open OPEN!!! *done while banging fan against a rock* (Kudos to those who know the inspiration for that). ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Icelcis » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:36 pm

After finishing my first viewing of this episode, I wondered why they didn't switch Ulrich and Yumi, but I realize now that would have been WAY too cliche.

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby MY85 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:39 pm

Icelcis wrote:After finishing my first viewing of this episode, I wondered why they didn't switch Ulrich and Yumi, but I realize now that would have been WAY too cliche.

Indeed. I wonder how would it be to switch the 4 at the same time... just like in the first movie of Scooby-Doo, where the souls get mixed up... first reference for this in mind, sorry..

How about Ulrich-Aelita? That would be interesting and weird...
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby SamBlob » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:41 pm

Icelcis wrote:After finishing my first viewing of this episode, I wondered why they didn't switch Ulrich and Yumi, but I realize now that would have been WAY too cliche.

Indeed!

And now, in some respects, Yumi and Odd know each other better than Yumi and Ulrich do.

Who would have thought that Sissy would have dressed more subduedly as Yumi than Odd would? (well, she did in "Missing Link" before Ulrich stole an outfit from Yumi's house...)

Who would have thought that Yumi would have that junk in her wardrobe? (Odd must have got it from *somewhere*...)

P.S.: What really would have been strange is if Yumi had worn more subdued clothes as Odd. Then again, maybe Odd is like Wimbley Fraggle and Earl Sinclair and has only two outfits, each looking exactly the same as the other...
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:44 pm

SamBlob wrote:Who would have thought that Yumi would have that junk in her wardrobe? (Odd must have got it from *somewhere*...)

XD Speaking of wardrobes...I've been wondering. Where did Aelita get all of that pink clothing within the course of a few days. Students can't really leave the premises...and Yumi's been known to own a few pink items. Hmmmm... :*D

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:48 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
SamBlob wrote:Who would have thought that Yumi would have that junk in her wardrobe? (Odd must have got it from *somewhere*...)

XD Speaking of wardrobes...I've been wondering. Where did Aelita get all of that pink clothing within the course of a few days. Students can't really leave the premises...and Yumi's been known to own a few pink items. Hmmmm... :*D

The problem with most of the cartoons: wardrobe. Sometimes, it's just sickening to see them with the same clothes. But since most cartoons are targeted for kids, then some of them would ignore this part.

And thank God for no odor perception from television... the results could be nasty (for any kind of show after the first or second episode)...
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby SamBlob » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:50 pm

Rodri wrote: How about Ulrich-Aelita? That would be interesting and weird...

Not moreso than what happened. Ulrich and Aelita are both fairly level-headed. The only difference is that Jeremy would have been the one shrieking "Don't you *dare* take it off!" to Ulrich in Aelita's body. Vili would have been shrieking the same thing at the TV screen...

Actually, though, it would have been cool to see Ulrich deactivating a tower...
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:53 pm

SamBlob wrote:
Rodri wrote: How about Ulrich-Aelita? That would be interesting and weird...

Not moreso than what happened. Ulrich and Aelita are both fairly level-headed. The only difference is that Jeremy would have been the one shrieking "Don't you *dare* take it off!" to Ulrich in Aelita's body. Vili would have been shrieking the same thing at the TV screen...

Actually, though, it would have been cool to see Ulrich deactivating a tower...

Lol... Ulrich deactivating a tower could be interesting...

Ulrich: *puts hand on the screen* Code Ulrich.
[Screen at Lyoko where you put the code for RTTP] Unidentified being.
Ulrich: Wth?
Last edited by MY85 on Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY85 offline

Postby SamBlob » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:59 pm

Rodri wrote: Lol... Ulrich deactivating a tower could be interesting...

Ulrich: *puts hand on the screen* Code Ulrich.
[Screen at Lyoko wehre you put the code for RTTP] Unidentified being.
Ulrich: Wth?

Ulrich: Oh, I forgot, I'm not me
*goes back down*

Ulrich (to Aelita): You have to deactivate the tower; it doesn't recgnize me. Just put your hand up to the screen and type in "Lyoko" after it recognizes you.

Aelita: OK, but I've never been to the upper platform before.

*Aelita bonks head on upper platform while doing the flip in the ascent*
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ulrich Stern » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:05 am

Yumi: Don't you dare take that off!

Then my thoughts started to wander about what else.........um....err....nevermind!

Depending on the day...Odd might have had to deal with more than he barganed for!!!

FUNNIEST Episode Ever!!! :*D
No I'm not ULRICH's VA so please stop PM'ing me questions! ;)

CODE: Hopper
Ulrich Stern offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Reploid CB » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:36 am

*sniggers* This episode actually kind of reminded me of Flying Star's fanfic "Crossed Circuits" (which I've still gotta finish reading @_@; ) although the switched pair was a little different. No less funny, though XD
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SamBlob » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:58 am

Ulrich Stern wrote:Yumi: Don't you dare take that off!

Then my thoughts started to wander about what else.........um....err....nevermind!

Depending on the day...Odd might have had to deal with more than he barganed for!!!

FUNNIEST Episode Ever!!! :*D

Yep, there's been silliness before, but never an entire episode devoted to it...

As for the... erm... possible bad timing of such a switch, I wonder which would have been worse, teaching Odd how to use the "feminine hygiene products", or teaching Aelita when and how to use the bathroom... (and, of course, when and how to use the feminine hygiene products...)
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:00 pm

CBIzumi wrote:*sniggers* This episode actually kind of reminded me of Flying Star's fanfic "Crossed Circuits" (which I've still gotta finish reading @_@; ) although the switched pair was a little different. No less funny, though XD

Yeah!!! "Crossed Circuits", absolutely! They are using our fanfics as springboards!!! XD Still no piano though, so I'm safe... ^^;

SamBlob wrote:As for the... erm... possible bad timing of such a switch, I wonder which would have been worse, teaching Odd how to use the "feminine hygiene products", or teaching Aelita when and how to use the bathroom... (and, of course, when and how to use the feminine hygiene products...)

XD That bathroom thing was something Flying Star touched on in her fanfic, but I'm kind of glad they manuevered around it for this episode. One thing I'm wondering though...there's a scene of Odd/Yumi in Yumi's PJs. Now besides wondering exactly what happened while Odd/Yumi changed clothes, here's the real question...How'd he know how to style Yumi's hair into that bun she sleeps with it in? ^^;

Ulrich as Aelita...and bonking his head on the platform. :*D Or better yet...switch Jeremie with Ulrich...at least now we know Ulrich wouldn't be entirely useless at the super computer...and I'd love to hear Jeremie say, "Triplicate!" :D

I just noticed about the title... "Well, this is another fine mess you've gotten us into". Laurel and Hardy reference! Cool! ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby xxJeanGreyxx » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:37 pm

Hahaha! Hilarious! "Dont u dare take that off!" and then the whole eat chinese food! Hes all "hehe" using a fork, and his girly voice... hilarious. Then yumi getting smacked by 2 girls! XDXDXDXD
<3 x <3 x <3 J <3 e <3 a <3 n <3 G <3 r <3 e <3 y <3 x <3 x <3
*~*~*~
xxJeanGreyxx offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:46 pm

JeanGrey wrote:Then yumi getting smacked by 2 girls! XDXDXDXD

The surprising thing about that scene was that they actual showed her taking the hits. Usually the camera jumps to an observer and the "whack" sound is heard offscreen for any sort of attack. Although granted that made me pity her more. I'm surprised Ulrich didn't ask about the marks...then again, he had a few other things on his mind at the time. ^^;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby xxJeanGreyxx » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:54 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
JeanGrey wrote:Then yumi getting smacked by 2 girls! XDXDXDXD

The surprising thing about that scene was that they actual showed her taking the hits. Usually the camera jumps to an observer and the "whack" sound is heard offscreen for any sort of attack. Although granted that made me pity her more. I'm surprised Ulrich didn't ask about the marks...then again, he had a few other things on his mind at the time. ^^;

LOL! Poor Aelita, always getting left out. "Why? What did happen?"

"Oh nothing..." Lol the boys never tell Aelita or Yumi about stuffs!
<3 x <3 x <3 J <3 e <3 a <3 n <3 G <3 r <3 e <3 y <3 x <3 x <3
*~*~*~
xxJeanGreyxx offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Saphire-089 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:27 am

SamBlob wrote:...well, except for one thing: They would *not* have changed voices! Not unless each body somehow got the other's vocal chords, which would be an even bigger foul-up than what happened.

They did the same thing with Teen Titans "Switched". It's probably meant for us to tell them apart.

Mewberries151 wrote: ...How'd he know how to style Yumi's hair into that bun she sleeps with it in? ^^;

Maybe Yumi's mother did it for him, you never know. :)
Last edited by Saphire-089 on Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Mandaz » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:16 am

Good episode when i saw this, i like the technique that odd n yumi use when their in the sector 5 location with the gravity. Few parts made laugh so much that i ended up chokin lol.
Welcome to Room No#48
My Livejournal Visit my DA art
Mandaz offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby bduddy » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:31 pm

I think a Jeremie/anyone switch would have been funnier. I mean, think of Jeremie/Odd, or Jeremie/Yumi. Of course, it would be fairly hard to justify, but the sheer amount of required fanservice from that point would have more than made up for it.
I like short signatures. Do you?

bduddy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby oddsgrlfriend » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:26 pm

Is it possible to die of laughing? If so I came very close. My sister is getting annoyed because I keep repeating the strap joke. Has anyone noticed Xana likes to pick on Odd and Yumi - alot? At the end I thought you would see Odd hanging from a flag pole. I feel worse for Odd than Yumi. It would be harder for a guy to adjust to a girl's body than a girl adjesting to a guy's body.
Life is a Fre@k $how!
oddsgrlfriend offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:50 pm

oddsgrlfriend wrote:Is it possible to die of laughing? If so I came very close. My sister is getting annoyed because I keep repeating the strap joke. Has anyone noticed Xana likes to pick on Odd and Yumi - alot? At the end I thought you would see Odd hanging from a flag pole. I feel worse for Odd than Yumi. It would be harder for a guy to adjust to a girl's body than a girl adjesting to a guy's body.

I'd have to disagree with that. If a boy and a girl were to switch bodies it would be equally difficult for either of them to adjust. Odd did however have to try to adjust to a more traditional family life for a day...although he added his own personal flair to it, to be sure. ^^;

XANA picks on Yumi the most out of the three warriors and he targets her nearly as much as he targets Jeremie and Aelita. Season 1 had an entire week of episodes that had almost entirely Yumi-targeted attacks, thus why it's commonly called "Pick On Yumi Week". The trend continues in season 2....just look at the episode "Franz Hopper" or "A Bad Turn"...among others. O_o

Odd probably was hanging from a flag pole later on that day... XD Although, Yumi likely could come up with something far better. ^^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby oddsgrlfriend » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:53 pm

All I can say is- To much for a guy to see. Although I can't help wondering if Odd took a peek at female anatomy...very horrible though...
Life is a Fre@k $how!
oddsgrlfriend offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby KayLenny#7 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:00 pm

My mom could not believe that the whole bra thing even came up. I just felt a little awkward watching that part even though it was funny.
Formerly known as Numbuh 7

I'm out. Have fun homies.
KayLenny#7 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext