Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:27 am

Ultimatum

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

What was your take on the Sissi/Ulrich moment at Ultimatum?

It made my day, along with the awesomeness of this episode.
No votes
So bloody awesome... too bad Sissi wouldn't remember it.
35%
It was sorta irrelevant.
25%
It was okay... I can tolerate that.
15%
God no!! Yumi/Ulrich all the way...
25%
I think it saved the episode.
No votes
It totally sucked, just like the episode.
No votes

Total votes : 20

Ultimatum

Postby DL » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:30 pm

Well here is the thread for this episode sorry there is no poll

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby xxJeanGreyxx » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:32 pm

Haven't seen it yet, about to watch it.
<3 x <3 x <3 J <3 e <3 a <3 n <3 G <3 r <3 e <3 y <3 x <3 x <3
*~*~*~
xxJeanGreyxx offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Reploid CB » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:33 pm

I thought this was a pretty interesting episode, and like a couple others in the past, I found myself rooting for Sissi. I actually hoped she'd remember it this time around but alas, it wasn't to be. I rather liked Aelita's "boy thing" line at the end *sniggers* Overall, I liked this one pretty well ^^
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Icelcis » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:35 pm

Since there is no poll, I will give this 8/10.

What an episode. Too bad the EMP bomb didn't work. At all. But now we know how those demonic powers are employed. So they're all just pixels, which seems a smidge antiquated for such a powerful computer (not to mention impossible for a 3D image, but I digress). :whatever:

I was hoping against hope that Sissi wouldn't forget it all, but alas.... And I fully expected Odd to give it away and get some kind of copy of the end of Frontier. It was almost OOC what he did.

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby DL » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:38 pm

well this episode was a little different, the EMP didn't work...I was hoping it would, and now Yumi will have to suffer a little, and for once I have to say Sissy kicked ass

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:04 pm

Someone over at AnteFilms really likes Roachsters...or at least likes to mess with them. XD

Again, the Roachsters have succeeded in making me burst out laughing. I saw that trip up coming, but that made it all the more funny. Someone over there has been watching TLK too. And it was three roachsters, no less! The only difference was it was an icy slope and not a briar patch. ROFL! :*D

As for the rest of the episode, interesting plot...albeit a wee bit creepy. And Sissi redeemed herself for ratting Ulrich, Jeremie, and Aelita out earlier in the episode. Did anyone catch that story she made up? Very creepy... O_o

I find it rather amusing that Aelita got Sissi to knock Jeremie out rather than do it herself. Then again, I'm sure she wouldn't have the heart to hurt him. ^^; But that's the second time she's completely tuned him out...stubborn mule. XD

Dude...Yumi rocks out loud. Super crazy spin tactic there! Highly inspiring! Watch...Odd'll try that the next moment he gets. :D With all those ollies and grinds (?) he was doing with his Overboard, for sure he'll want to try a spin trick next. ^^

"A boy thing"... X) Well, at least Odd kept his mouth closed this time. Ulrich must have given him heck the last time he blabbed about a Sissi kiss. All in all, not too bad an episode. ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ulrich Stern » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:59 pm

Very Well said so I won't take up space! Another answer to us fans in this episode I would say! ;)
No I'm not ULRICH's VA so please stop PM'ing me questions! ;)

CODE: Hopper
Ulrich Stern offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Stephen (x1) » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:11 pm

Hmm great.

...The principal kidnapping Odd and Yumi? Didn't see that coming. I thought it was so cool when Jeremie got a text message from XANA....I was like "OMG..."

Sissi learned that thingie that Ulrich does...Sissi saves us again!! I wished that Jeremie would change the program so she'd remember. She was a big help this time.

"Detonators?!"
"Yeah, that's it!"
"EVACUATE THE SCHOOL!!"

ROFLMFAO...hahahaa
Last edited by Stephen (x1) on Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cecilia » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:16 pm

-nod- Sissi definitely took the spotlight this time around. A nice change.

o.O I wasn't so perturbed by X-Principal as I was by the gestures in the....wherever it was, I forget. He tossed them a coat because they were shivering...sound like something an evil computer would do?

--rhetorical--
Cecilia offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:26 pm

Ah, those Roachsters. What would we do for comic relief without them? Odd gets a well-deserved break for a couple of episodes now.

I am immensely proud of Sissi after this episode..and at the same time the diehard Y/U shipper in me did a mental cringe at the kiss scene there at the end. But she has proven herself once again, kudos to her.

Boy, I thought Odd would squeal like a pig at the end when Yumi asked what happened on the bridge. I didn't think he would let Ulrich live it down.

And Aelita's comment was awesome. She is becoming so much more like a typical human teenager every episode, it amazes me to watch.

And since when has Odd been able to put up a shield? Not that I'm complaining, it was very cool ^_^.
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Little Vili » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:32 pm

detenators...not explosives.

As for the rest of the episode. Just for the originallity itself, it gets a 10/10. Though the whole "who will XANA control today" should (and as of NOW does, bring it to a nine)
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cecilia » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:39 pm

xD That's a pretty good point...o.O Though we can't always predict "who" will become XANA's next host, the question is generally receiving an answer.

...But AotZ was one of the more original ones.

-nod- I'd give it an 8.7 out of 10.

-burns some Cedar Patchouli candles- Aelita is truly merging with the outside world.
Cecilia offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:58 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:I am immensely proud of Sissi after this episode..and at the same time the diehard Y/U shipper in me did a mental cringe at the kiss scene there at the end. But she has proven herself once again, kudos to her.

Yeah, kudos. Since she saved Ulrich...I guess I have to thank her for that, as I'd be very sad if he'd been totally "massacred" as Jeremie put it. ^^;

Ransomed_Heart wrote:And since when has Odd been able to put up a shield? Not that I'm complaining, it was very cool ^_^.

If that's his new skill in exchange for his "Foresight" (which has yet to resurface this season), than coolios! Maybe Jeremie modified his powers for him. Neat! :D And it was purple! *woots*

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Reploid CB » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:45 pm

Of course it was purple! What, you were expecting it to be green or something? ;P XD
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:43 pm

CBIzumi wrote:Of course it was purple! What, you were expecting it to be green or something? ;P XD

XD Pink maybe...but that's more Aelita's color. :D

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Spirit of Dragon » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:43 am

One question: Has Xana posessed everyone yet? Cause this is kinda getting redundant. Props to taking us by surprise on the rapid realization of who was posessed and leaving out the mundane fog take-over, but still... do something new.

Season 2 is great. Love the graphics and some of the new plots, I even liked the posession idea... the first two or three times anyway, but variety is a plus. Maybe I'm just bitter by the sudden lack of Yumi/Ulrich progression but I'm beginning to want to see more than people being controlled. I want explosions! Things must blow up! And in the middle of all the chaos, insert some romance and we're set.
Spirit of Dragon offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Lyn » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:10 am

I know Xana hasn't possessed William yet. Nor has Milly or Tamiya, and I think Herb. I could be wrong about that one. Unless you count the Zombiecation. Oh, and Emily too. She hasn't been possessed yet... I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Roachsters. Are. So. Funny. I love them so much. xD That was really great, if a little predictable.

I was also rooting for Sissi to keep her memory... she's prooved herself to be a really good person (when she wants too be...) and can be a big help too. I just kind of wish she wasn't so crazy over Ulrich... partialy because I'm a big YxU shipper, and partialy because it gets really annoying sometimes. -_-'' But otherwise, I bet she'd be helpful.

Yumi's spinning attack rocked! She must have been reeeally dizzy after that... I'm amazed she could stand straight. But it worked, and that's what's cool. Odd's shield was also very cool... and useful, seeing as up until now he had none. It's purpleness makes it all the better! ^w^

Oh yeah, possessing he principal was... surprising, since we didn't see it. I thought it was funny how Odd was talking to XANA throught Mr. Delmas... it was even funnier when XANA responded. I almost wnat to think soon XANA will get tired of possessing people and just come to Earth himself... I'm love to see a human Xana. Maybe it's just me... =)

8 out of 10.
Lyn offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby xxJeanGreyxx » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:22 pm

I'm going to save this on my tivo, even though I haven't seen it yet, and wait till todays episode comes so I can watch 2 in a row. =D wootness! Odd = shield... give yumi some stuff... =(
*~*~*~
xxJeanGreyxx offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Saphire-089 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:29 pm

Lyn wrote:.

Yumi's spinning attack rocked! She must have been reeeally dizzy after that... I'm amazed she could stand straight. But it worked, and that's what's cool.

I also thought that was pretty cool.

This whole episode was good. Though I'm not a big fan of Sissi, I almost wished she'd remember everything, but thta would kind of sidetrack from the original plot.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby DarthFerfer » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:19 pm

well if sissy joins the team i wouldnt be suprized see how reliable see can be in a pinch or at least when she has to but i wonder what she would be like in Lyoko
Hmmm...*think to himself*
Just tell your parents that we're fighting rouge computer thats trying to take over a world.
-Odd

Welcome to room 289.5 AKA the evil genius lab
DarthFerfer offline

Postby xxJeanGreyxx » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:42 pm

I don't think that the 'shield' is odd's new power.

Yumi can block with her fans, Ulrick with his sword, so odd's going to need something so he can block lasers... instead of doing flips all the time. I have yet to see one of his visions.
*~*~*~
xxJeanGreyxx offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby bduddy » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:45 pm

Well, this is from memory, but yes. I'm sure Aelita gave her instructions... maybe she's just a faster learner than Yumi ;)
I like short signatures. Do you?

bduddy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby MY85 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:15 pm

bduddy wrote:Well, this is from memory, but yes. I'm sure Aelita gave her instructions... maybe she's just a faster learner than Yumi ;)

One thing is being instructed by Aelita. Another is to be instructed by Jeremie.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby 1lyokogirl » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:47 pm

I thought the episode was interesting, and I can't beleive sissi kissed Ulrich and he acted like he liked it.
"Here we are like a star shinning high above the world today, make evil go away" In a world without danger
1lyokogirl offline
New Kid
New Kid

Next