Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:38 am

Marabounta

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

How would you rate Marabounta

Poll ended at Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:07 pm

10/10 to 7/10 - fantastic!
92%
7/10 to 5/10 - middle of the road, nothing special.
8%
5/10 to 0/0 - I can't even figure out the title, let alone what's to like about this!
No votes

Total votes : 12

Postby Icelcis » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:55 pm

Hmm.... I could easily see William using Sissi as a tool of some sort, that he would use for his own sinister purposes. If I'm right, and he is matchmaking, then he is going for the old switcheroo - have Sissi go out with Ulrich to make Yumi jealous. If he really is a dark and twisted psychopath, then it wouldn't take very much work to get Ulrich with Sissi, and get him out of the picture at the same time. However, the only way that would work is to convince Ulrich that Yumi hates him, or rather, doesn't love him. Then, he has Yumi right where he wants her.

Freakin' genius, I tell you. Either way, he could use Sissi as the 'swing vote', so to speak. She will play a prime factor in this love triangle (square? I don't know....), mark my words.

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:11 pm

Icelcis wrote:Hmm.... I could easily see William using Sissi as a tool of some sort, that he would use for his own sinister purposes. If I'm right, and he is matchmaking, then he is going for the old switcheroo - have Sissi go out with Ulrich to make Yumi jealous. If he really is a dark and twisted psychopath, then it wouldn't take very much work to get Ulrich with Sissi, and get him out of the picture at the same time. However, the only way that would work is to convince Ulrich that Yumi hates him, or rather, doesn't love him. Then, he has Yumi right where he wants her.

Freakin' genius, I tell you. Either way, he could use Sissi as the 'swing vote', so to speak. She will play a prime factor in this love triangle (square? I don't know....), mark my words.

I agree that William will use Sissi, but it seems to me like she will try to use him too. Sissi is never content being anyone's pawn, even if William getting Yumi would benefit her. He's matchmaking all right, but he wants to come out on top with this one. I think what Mew said is right; His words to Ulrich came off as a warning, and a promise. If Ulrich doesn't do soemthing soon, then he will lose Yumi.
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Icelcis » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:16 pm

Of course, this whole thing is an awefully good mirror, seeing as how the two probable partners both are after one person, and their partner could get the opposition out of the way.

Convenient.... This almost reminds me of a TV show, it's so convenient. ;)

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:22 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:
Icelcis wrote:Hmm.... I could easily see William using Sissi as a tool of some sort, that he would use for his own sinister purposes. If I'm right, and he is matchmaking, then he is going for the old switcheroo - have Sissi go out with Ulrich to make Yumi jealous. If he really is a dark and twisted psychopath, then it wouldn't take very much work to get Ulrich with Sissi, and get him out of the picture at the same time. However, the only way that would work is to convince Ulrich that Yumi hates him, or rather, doesn't love him. Then, he has Yumi right where he wants her.

I agree that William will use Sissi, but it seems to me like she will try to use him too. Sissi is never content being anyone's pawn, even if William getting Yumi would benefit her. He's matchmaking all right, but he wants to come out on top with this one. I think what Mew said is right; His words to Ulrich came off as a warning, and a promise. If Ulrich doesn't do soemthing soon, then he will lose Yumi.

Or at the very least, William will make a move for her first.

Yumi's part in all this is kind of interesting. To be sure, I think she honestly loves Ulrich. I think she admires William, enjoys his company (as they have alot in common), and even maybe really really likes him as a friend. I can't help but feel though that her feelings towards William can't be nearly as close to the feelings she has for Ulrich. She and Ulrich have known each other far longer and have gone through many many hardships together. Now the fact that I am a hard core Y/U-shipper aside, I think she honestly loves him and wants to spend time with him. She still can get jealous over him, although she's tempered herself very well with Sissi as of recently, and she bought those SubSonics tickets to spend some time with him (but gave them to Sissi in a sort of "truce/quid pro quo" gesture of her own will).

The series has always tended to focus on Ulrich's feelings directly...keeping Yumi's feelings more aloof and hard to pin down, particularly this season. But she did like that poem in "SVD" (despite everything) and she did seem touched at Ulrich's actions in "Missing Link" and towards the end of "The Chips Are Down". Also we can't forget the dance they shared in "Final Mix" (which included a slight jealousy flare from Yumi when Sissi cut in). She still worries about him. And there's that ever-present truth that "She's in love". ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cecilia » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:47 pm

>< Aw man...I missed it...I was trying to stay awake...

But I think I caught the virus that's going around. How, I do not know...but I'm running a fever of about 100.3...

>< Oh well, I'll watch it when it crops up in the later-night slot.
Cecilia offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby GOGOLINIICHAN! » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:08 pm

Ughh.. I fell asleep. =(

Episode download or re-run information, anyone? Thanks in advance. ^^
I <3 Stephen
[icon by meee, liniichan@lj]
GOGOLINIICHAN! offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby HvonM » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:50 pm

I had taped the episode earlier but just got around to watching it. Wow, emotional tensions are really getting serious. It seems like William is willing to give Ulrich a chance to get together with Yumi, but whether or not he will seize that opportunity remains to be seen. However, given all the unpleasant things that have happened between Ulrich and Yumi recently, who knows what everybody's going to have to go through before a happy ending is reached. It seems like a lot of the stuff that has happened so far this season is a lot more subtle, as opposed to the obviously life-threatening situations in season 1 that brought everyone together quickly. In this season, it may take some serious life-threatening XANA attacks to heal the wounds that already have been inflicted...
HvonM offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:15 am

Icelcis wrote:That was.... rather strange. Original, too, kudos for that. And XANA helping them, that was priceless!

Every episode seems to be full of Y/U now. I'm getting to like the character of William more and more. He seems rather forceful.

And Jim gives mouth to mouth to Ulrich! :*D That was great! And sick....

Nice to know XANA will join up with them if he needs to.
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:27 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
Icelcis wrote:That was.... rather strange. Original, too, kudos for that. And XANA helping them, that was priceless!

Every episode seems to be full of Y/U now. I'm getting to like the character of William more and more. He seems rather forceful.

Well, as they say, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." This episode is priceless. I don't think we'll ever see a team-up like that again...pity. ^^;

I felt kind of sorry for the one Blok Yumi took out before she realized they were actually helping. Poor thing. XD

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lyokodude » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:19 am

what jeremie should of realized that that program he had would go for Aeletabecause she had the virus
Behold Lyokodude has re-emerged from the darkness. I got tired of not being here. Lol.

Season 4 alert be prepared for it. Me adn my friend know everything about un-aired Avatar seasons. I want a moment to be real
lyokodude offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby MY85 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:00 am

I love my sick-twisted mind....

Man, I'm gonna slightly feel like GradeA (bumping old dead threads, just in that sense), but what the h**l, I've just seen Marabounta (my pc was f**ked up, long story, and I'm gonna watch them in disorder). So all these words comes from my first impression of Marabounta, ok?

I love Lyoko more and more. It's really awesome out there, especially the Forest region. You have to admit that from the old 4 regions, this one got a h**l of an improvement, and I love it.

Marabounta without the Lyoko scenes, it would had been from 0-7. Add the Lyoko scenes and it gets better.

Ulrich beats himself up badly. I've heard here many people hate William, but for this episode, I didn't. He seemed cool there, Ulrich played the idiot act (not new, but you get the idea, right?)... but he still doesn't grow up to me. At least, for that episode...

I bet that maybe William's not virgin, or maybe something less than a pimp. I got that concept from what he and Sissi dialouged. He just have been for months at Kadic and we wants Yumi desperately (to feel loved again, lose virginity at last, get laid again, who knows?). If someone can answer me why he got kicked off from his former school, answer me that. And change me the possible answer of doing it with a girl at the bathroom, gym, etc. (which could make Odd think of William as cool at a first instance... Odd is Odd in the end, you know). Yeah, I love my sick-twisted mind.

I was lmao when Yumi asked Ulrich Are you ok? after Jim pulled out the CPR on Stern. I bet Herb felt glad to be himself during that moment. Me too, for that instance. Poor Ulrich. He's gonna hate the water for a while. Well, the french use loads of cologne, so...

No wonder they stopped abusing of the RTTP. But at Season 1, not all of the situations were dead-end... consequences and actions pay, guys.

Can't forget the green purple thing (saying Marabounta is kinda odd), it looked so f**kin awesome, for that moment I loved purple. And Odd was my fave at Lyoko, enough said.

I liked the episode in the end... and my sick-twisted mind. Lol.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:35 pm

TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:If someone can answer me why he got kicked off from his former school, answer me that.

So far as William himself has told us (and Yumi) in "New Order", he was kicked out of his old school for posting flyers all over the school. William claims they were actually love letters...not just average posters.

I don't hate William...but I like him about as much as Ulrich does. XD (j/k) It's not just because I'm a Y/U fan though. He was ridiculously mean to Jeremie, Aelita, and Odd (Jeremie especially) in "Attack of the Zombies". And I don't like the idea behind his "challenge" to Ulrich about Yumi for various reasons as well. But, I suppose I shall just have to wait and see how his character develops further.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:30 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:So far as William himself has told us (and Yumi) in "New Order", he was kicked out of his old school for posting flyers all over the school. William claims they were actually love letters...not just average posters.

Hmm.. I still have the feeling it's something more than just "love letters", since he was posting flyers. Pervert, stalker... I don't know, really. Definately I have to see more CL.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby DL » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:10 pm

maybe they were naked pics of the girl he liked...seems likely considering the kind of person William is

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MY85 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:22 pm

DL wrote:maybe they were naked pics of the girl he liked...seems likely considering the kind of person William is

Someone that agrees with my mind... *high-fives DL*
MY85 offline

Postby DeadViolet » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:08 pm

is that the one with da pool? my fwend katy taped that eppy. i just had a feelin in my gut that herb was gonna wear a speedo..sheesh. :no: thats wrong. an nick was wearin da cute wittle short swim trunks. :D

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SamBlob » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:34 pm

I was at a union meeting this evening and the episode should have taped automatically. Upon rewinding, I saw that the episode on the tape was "Marabounta"! Did they repeat it today, or am I taping over my first tape?
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:41 pm

Yeah, they repeated Marabounta today. How do I know? (it's kinda logical to ask, knowing where I live) Erynn told me.
MY85 offline

Postby SamBlob » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:51 pm

Thanks! *whew!*
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby bduddy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:57 pm

The next "new" episode is next Monday (it's the last skipped one); after that, we have to wait three weeks.
I like short signatures. Do you?

bduddy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:34 pm

As I was watching this particular episode today, I couldn't help but giggle at how Code Lyoko has changed my views on some things...at least fandom-wise. ^^

Like before watching this episode...I used to really like the "CPR cliche" found in certain romance fanfics where a character is saved by their loved one through CPR or mouth-to-mouth resusitation, which is usually followed by a confession or something like that. I can't read those anymore (especially not CL ones) really due to this episode...it burns... XD (j/k)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby emoBillâ„¢ » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:35 am

I would think it would burn...Ulrich and Jim..how funny XD
___________________Image
emoBillâ„¢ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby rachaelkawaii » Sat May 27, 2006 11:43 pm

MARABOUNTA IS MY FAVORITE EPISODE AS OF LAST FRIDAY (even though that was like my second time watching it) ^.^
Banner made by Lani!

Image Image
There is a fine line between being a #1 fan and OCD....in fact....i'm starting to think there is no line.
rachaelkawaii offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Sun May 28, 2006 12:08 am

My favorite part was when Odd finally took command for a change! :D Matt did a good job! And Odd was serious.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tom Bone » Sun May 28, 2006 11:21 am

Cassius335 wrote:
Icelcis wrote:
That was.... rather strange. Original, too, kudos for that. And XANA helping them, that was priceless!

Yeah, At least Team Lyoko--or X.A.N.A, for that matter--have backup if something more powerful comes into play.
Image BY JERFIED
My DA
~Spambot Hunter Society~
Tom Bone offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Location: Ruling my imaginary world with a skeleton and a 6-year-old by my side.

PreviousNext