Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 am

Marabounta

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

How would you rate Marabounta

Poll ended at Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:07 pm

10/10 to 7/10 - fantastic!
92%
7/10 to 5/10 - middle of the road, nothing special.
8%
5/10 to 0/0 - I can't even figure out the title, let alone what's to like about this!
No votes

Total votes : 12

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:18 pm

It's also the name of a racehorse in France...but they did gambling last episode so that possibility is out. XD
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Icelcis » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:31 pm

That was.... rather strange. Original, too, kudos for that. And XANA helping them, that was priceless!

Every episode seems to be full of Y/U now. I'm getting to like the character of William more and more. He seems rather forceful.

And Jim gives mouth to mouth to Ulrich! :*D That was great! And sick....

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:35 pm

Overall, not a bad episode. I found it a bit predictable though. As soon as Jerremie puffed up and said "Franz Hopper is a genius" I knew it was going to backfire.

The conversation between Sissi and Willaim concerns me a bit. At least she seems to have realized that he may be a powerful ally. And the William/Ulrich conversation was priceless. "And then I really will be your problem..." Oh boy...

XANA's help was unexpected, but I loved it when the monsters bowed to Aelita at the end. It was self-serving on XANA's part, but still very cool. And perhaps Odd has found a new sport, Crab surfing!

As a side note, has anyone read the short story "Leiningen vs. the Ants"? It reminded me quite a bit this episode, especially when Mrs. Hertz was explaining army ants at the begining.
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Icelcis » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:36 pm

Something else: that crab made camel noises! :*D

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Star Way » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:40 pm

Icelcis wrote:Something else: that crab made camel noises! :*D

It did? o.o *totally missed that*

I really liked today's episode (now it's 'pick-on-Ulrich-week' apparently) but the one thing that bugged me about it... is... well... pretty silly I guess. But the CG effect they used for the Marabounta seemed really kind of cheesy to me... Oh well I guess.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:45 pm

Omigosh!! Krabs are my new best friends!!! They were almost...huggable, in this episode. Totally sweet, especially the one that sacrificed itself for Aelita. The bow by all the surviving XANA monsters at the end was priceless. This is truly one gem of an episode! XANA and Team Lyoko fighting together! Now that...is genius!

Poor Ulrich...he's been having an awful lousy couple of days lately. It's a shame that most of them were the result of his own bad planning but, seriously, I feel sorry for him. Being kiss-pardon, being given CPR by Jim...would ruin anyone's day. That was nice of Yumi not to tell the group...although considering how fast gossip spreads through that school, I figure Ulrich's toast anyway, so far as Odd's concerned. XD Poor poor Ulrich.

A Sissi/William alliance is a scary thing to consider. I don't like the looks of it at all, especially since the next episode is entitled "Common Interest". Something wicked this way comes, it may seem. But then again, I may be overly paranoid. ^^;

My favorite line in this episode came from Yumi this time. "What do you mean the "chattanouga?" LOL! XD And was it just me or did Odd's tiger stripes disappear for a scene in this episode? O_o But either way, the XANA monsters totally stole the show in this episode! ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HvonM » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:52 pm

Icelcis wrote:And Jim gives mouth to mouth to Ulrich! :*D That was great! And sick....

Where did that happen?
HvonM offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:54 pm

HvonM wrote:
Icelcis wrote:And Jim gives mouth to mouth to Ulrich! :*D That was great! And sick....

Where did that happen?

At the pool, after Ulrich tried to show off and failed rather miserably.
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.

~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyn » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:55 pm

Odd riding the Krab was Too. Cool. That was probably my favorite part of the episode... ^_^ And when all the monsters bowed to Team Lyoko… that was so awesome! I was half expecting them to attack… but no. Which made it all the more awesome. I think... did we see all the monsters? I think I saw all of them expect for the Creeper and The Schiz- long name (the jellyfish). And the manta rays.

I shall forever have nightmares about being engulfed in tiny black spheres… 0_____o that was freeeeakky. *twitch* Don't deny it. You know it was. Or not, but, you have to admit the thought of those little black guys crawling on you is a little freaky...

The more I look at it, the more William's hair turns into a big messy mop of black... Especially when it's wet. :D I wonder if Yumi's on swim team (if there is one?)? She seems to be in the pool a lot recently...

Three cheers for this episode. ^_^
Lyn offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:57 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:
HvonM wrote:

Where did that happen?

At the pool, after Ulrich tried to show off and failed rather miserably.

I'm glad they didn't actually show it...just Ulrich's reaction to it. That whole scene made me cringe really. I can't tell if Ulrich was faking being out of it (in an attempt to pull a "Wendy Peffercorn" on Yumi) or if he really was out of it. I'm betting on the latter though...Ulrich's not underhanded like that, anyway.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Stephen (x1) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:58 pm

Well, best episode yet...Again.

Hmm XANA and the kids, working together...priceless.

...I have 100% respect for William now. He's making a big sacrifice, trying to get Ulrich to tell Yumi, so that they will be together. William is so cool....

Hmm...

Icelcis wrote:Something else: that crab made camel noises! :*D

I know, wasn't it awesome? It was like it was saying, "Odd, I'll take you there!"
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:59 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:I'm glad they didn't actually show it...just Ulrich's reaction to it. That whole scene made me cringe really. I can't tell if Ulrich was faking being out of it (in an attempt to pull a "Wendy Peffercorn" on Yumi) or if he really was out of it. I'm betting on the latter though...Ulrich's not that underhanded, anyway.

I agree. That would have been more disturbing than seeing Yumi devored by the Marabounta. It was quite entertaining though, I imagine Ulrich would have been more grateful if even Sissi had beaten Jim to him!
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.

~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:06 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:I'm glad they didn't actually show it...just Ulrich's reaction to it. That whole scene made me cringe really. I can't tell if Ulrich was faking being out of it (in an attempt to pull a "Wendy Peffercorn" on Yumi) or if he really was out of it. I'm betting on the latter though...Ulrich's not that underhanded, anyway.

I agree. That would have been more disturbing than seeing Yumi devored by the Marabounta. It was quite entertaining though, I imagine Ulrich would have been more grateful if even Sissi had beaten Jim to him!

Indeed! XD He'd probably have preferred anyone before Jim...although maybe not William, Herb, or Nicholas. O_o Now that would have been creepy also...
Last edited by Mewberries151 on Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby xxJeanGreyxx » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:07 pm

Lol, haven't seen it yet. =P I have it on tivo. O.O
<3 x <3 x <3 J <3 e <3 a <3 n <3 G <3 r <3 e <3 y <3 x <3 x <3
*~*~*~
xxJeanGreyxx offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Icelcis » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:08 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Ulrich's not underhanded like that, anyway.

Oh? What ever so happened in yesterday's episode? Gambling with knowledge of the future is a huge no-no. I can sort of understand his desperation, but still, that was fighting dirty.

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:13 pm

Icelcis wrote:

Oh? What ever so happened in yesterday's episode? Gambling with knowledge of the future is a huge no-no. I can sort of understand his desperation, but still, that was fighting dirty.

But it's not as under-handed as pretending to drown in the hopes of tricking a girl into kissing you through CPR. That's what I was referencing from "The Sandlot" with the "Wendy Peffercorn" comment. I can't imagine Ulrich pulling a stunt like that. That's much more under-handed than what he did in "The Chips Are Down". In fact, using the RTTP was just irresponsible, not under-handed. He was not trying to win the lottery for himself.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby xxJeanGreyxx » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:16 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
Icelcis wrote:

But it's not as under-handed as pretending to drown in the hopes of tricking a girl into kissing you through CPR. That's what I was referencing from "The Sandlot" with the "Wendy Peffercorn" comment. I can't imagine Ulrich pulling a stunt like that. That's much more under-handed than what he did in "The Chips Are Down". In fact, using the RTTP was just irresponsible, not under-handed. He was not trying to win the lottery for himself.

True. I couldn't believe what his friends did to him on yesterdays episode. I mean sure, he broke their rule, but that doesn't mean they had to kick him out of the group. Besides, he did it for yumi. =)
*~*~*~
xxJeanGreyxx offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Icelcis » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:21 pm

To them, increasing XANA's power, no matter what your intentions, is tantamount to treason.

Trust me when I say that belly flops can knock you right out. Happened to me once. I got mouth to mouth, but (thank the gods) it was a chick.

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby xxJeanGreyxx » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:23 pm

Icelcis wrote:To them, increasing XANA's power, no matter what your intentions, is tantamount to treason.

Trust me when I say that belly flops can knock you right out. Happened to me once. I got mouth to mouth, but (thank the gods) it was a chick.

I guess... =/

Ok. I'm going to go watch it on tivo XD. buh bye ppl. =D :hello:
*~*~*~
xxJeanGreyxx offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:24 pm

JeanGrey wrote:True. I couldn't believe what his friends did to him on yesterdays episode. I mean sure, he broke their rule, but that doesn't mean they had to kick him out of the group. Besides, he did it for yumi. =)

I think they were just angry with him that he didn't even then tell them afterwards. Plus the fact that he knows now that XANA's power increases with every RTTP, so they can't use it as liberally as before. The "ousting" him was probably a motion made in anger. I doubt they would have locked him out completely. They really do need him in Lyoko since XANA's pulled out all the stops. They can't afford to lose a defender at this point. Plus, I think the group's friendship is plenty strong to whether something like this. If XANA hadn't attacked, I'd imagine they probably would have given Ulrich the cold shoulder for the rest of the day and then the next told him they'd forgiven him. It's kind of what they did anyway. ^^;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HvonM » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:32 pm

x1 wrote:...I have 100% respect for William now. He's making a big sacrifice, trying to get Ulrich to tell Yumi, so that they will be together. William is so cool

Hold on a sec, William is helping Ulrich with Yumi? I must have missed that part...
HvonM offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:36 pm

HvonM wrote:
x1 wrote:...I have 100% respect for William now. He's making a big sacrifice, trying to get Ulrich to tell Yumi, so that they will be together. William is so cool

Hold on a sec, William is helping Ulrich with Yumi? I must have missed that part...

Yup, he told (or rather, challenged) Ulrich to 'speak to Yumi from his heart'.
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.

~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Icelcis » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:43 pm

Like I said in the The Chips are Down thread. Matchmaking has to be oh so subtle. Again, I tell you, that jealousy is the key. William is subtly nudging Ulrich in the right direction, by making him think he has competition. I give him props for making Ulrich think he has to do it very soon, or else William will get her first.

The guy is a genius. End of story.

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:50 pm

Icelcis wrote:Like I said in the The Chips are Down thread. Matchmaking has to be oh so subtle. Again, I tell you, that jealousy is the key. William is subtly nudging Ulrich in the right direction, by making him think he has competition. I give him props for making Ulrich think he has to do it very soon, or else William will get her first.

The guy is a genius. End of story.

But it's weird because it doesn't entirely reflect what he told Sissi. He'd like to be with Yumi but Ulrich's in the way. It seems like this is really one of those "warning" scenarios. A kind of "if you don't speak for her, I will, and you won't want that" idea. I can't help but think that William's at least as serious about Yumi as Sissi is about Ulrich. And I can't help but sense that he also knows Ulrich's too nervous still to make a move.

William's a little scary in that respect...I know he explained that love makes him crazy and he's not sensible about it, but he seems to want to rush into things with Yumi way too quickly. Supposedly she's only known him for a few months, if that. Even if Ulrich was not a factor...I can't help but feel that most girls would be reluctant to rush into a relationship like that. But we shall see, I suppose.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next