Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:14 pm

Marabounta

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

How would you rate Marabounta

Poll ended at Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:07 pm

10/10 to 7/10 - fantastic!
92%
7/10 to 5/10 - middle of the road, nothing special.
8%
5/10 to 0/0 - I can't even figure out the title, let alone what's to like about this!
No votes

Total votes : 12

Postby TB3 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:14 pm

AN OLD MYSTERY EXPLAINED?

I remember, long back in the days of S2, how puzzled we were over this word 'Marabounta' - what could it mean? Search results turned up nothing except for the name of a racehorse and something to do with ants.

Well now we may have an answer.

'Marabounta' is an unconventional spelling of the word 'Marabunta' (note the absence of an 'o' in this spelling), which refers to hordes of killer solider ants.

Now, when MS wrote the episode, they probably wanted to use the conventional spelling, but probably found it was already copyrighted by a 1997 low-budget movie;

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the movie 'Marabunta'

Becuase of this (pretty crappy) movie, the name 'Marabunta' was possibly copyrighted, and so Moonscoop resorted to the secondary spelling 'Marabounta', giving us a whopping amount of confusion.

----

And I found this out just because I came across the film 'Marabunta' while channel-skipping today and watched it for kicks - it had a fun premise (killer-ants invading an Alaskan town), but was poorly executed, but I couldn't help but grin every time I heard a character say the word 'Marabunta' :D
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kamekai » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:49 pm

Or maybe a play on words, Marabunta, but Marabounta as in a Bounty of those things.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby FènéethxAelita » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:57 pm

Since Aelita hasen't been linked to XANA since "The Key", can't Jeremy just flood Lyoko once again to get rid off monsters?
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Borg Collective
FènéethxAelita offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Location: Chimera rally in U.K., in Tamriel, kicking daedra ***, or in Lyoko, protecting Aelita (who else?)

Postby zex marquise » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:06 am

TB3 wrote:AN OLD MYSTERY EXPLAINED?

I remember, long back in the days of S2, how puzzled we were over this word 'Marabounta' - what could it mean? Search results turned up nothing except for the name of a racehorse and something to do with ants.

Well now we may have an answer.

'Marabounta' is an unconventional spelling of the word 'Marabunta' (note the absence of an 'o' in this spelling), which refers to hordes of killer solider ants.

Now, when MS wrote the episode, they probably wanted to use the conventional spelling, but probably found it was already copyrighted by a 1997 low-budget movie;

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the movie 'Marabunta'

Becuase of this (pretty crappy) movie, the name 'Marabunta' was possibly copyrighted, and so Moonscoop resorted to the secondary spelling 'Marabounta', giving us a whopping amount of confusion.

----

And I found this out just because I came across the film 'Marabunta' while channel-skipping today and watched it for kicks - it had a fun premise (killer-ants invading an Alaskan town), but was poorly executed, but I couldn't help but grin every time I heard a character say the word 'Marabunta' :D

lol that's some very cool trivia. I wondered why my google searches turned up nothing. Why is it always you that finds this stuff out, Teebs? It's like you're just lucky enough to find out everything before everyone else, with occasional exceptions. I loved the end of this eppy. How XANA makes his monster's bow and leaves with honor. That's just really cool for an AI to do. I gained a tremendous amount of respect for XANA's otherwise-one-dimensional character that day.
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Saphire-089 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:06 am

Sorry to bump this thread a year after the last post was made, but this question was never asked. Didn't Jeremie (in a later episode) tell Aelita that she didn't have a virus, but rather XANA took something from her??? If that's true, why was the Marabounta attacking her if she didn't have the virus, or am I just not thinking and am being completely stupid by asking this?
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby desincarnation » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:07 pm

Well... to tell the truth, Marabounta attacked everything on its path... It started by attacking Aelita, but soon attacked the others (it devirtualized Yumi, remember?) So it had nothing to do with the fact that Aelita had a virus(in fact lacked her memories, which was discovered in "The Key").
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:21 pm

Saphire-089 wrote:Sorry to bump this thread a year after the last post was made, but this question was never asked. Didn't Jeremie (in a later episode) tell Aelita that she didn't have a virus, but rather XANA took something from her??? If that's true, why was the Marabounta attacking her if she didn't have the virus, or am I just not thinking and am being completely stupid by asking this?

I have the episode; it was the link that XANA had with Aelita. That's why they couldn't shut down the supercomputer without killing Aelita.
The marabounta thought Aelita was one of xanas monsters.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Sciron » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:54 am

Yeah, the Marabounta identified Aelita as one of Xana's monsters not because of the "virus" inside of her that the group previously thought she had, but the link between her and Xana. It wasn't a virus, but the group didn't know that Xana had taken something from her instead of giving her something, so they thought it was a virus.
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Previous