Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:35 am

Missing Link

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

On a scale of Fresh to Stale, how was this ep?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:20 pm

As fresh and exciting as DJ Aelita
77%
A bit stale, but nothing Odd wouldn't swallow
23%
So far gone we'd need Ulrich's katana to slice it
No votes

Total votes : 13

Postby Stephen (x1) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:56 am

HvonM wrote:Is there a section for episode summaries on this site? 'cause I missed this episode, and I really want to find out what's going on. If someone could post a summary here, that would be really nice. :)

Erynn was putting it together last time I checked. But we have to submit some, don't make her do all the work.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lyokodude » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:31 pm

a great episode bygolly Sissi has hit her head by being to nice
Behold Lyokodude has re-emerged from the darkness. I got tired of not being here. Lol.

Season 4 alert be prepared for it. Me adn my friend know everything about un-aired Avatar seasons. I want a moment to be real
lyokodude offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:20 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:What a sweet episode! Everyone seemed to have their own agenda here, it was interesting on all sides.

I love that Aelita has more of a...personality..this season. Not that she didn't have one before by any means, but she is more indepedant now. Jeremie seems to be having a tough time dealing with that. She really manifested itself in the past few episodes, and I was shocked at how stubborn she actually is. Even going so far as to cut off communications with Lyoko so that she didn't have to listen to Jeremie's objections, I was shocked!

I really do like Aelita's season 2 persona. She's still her sweet mildly mishievous self, and the stubborness manifesting itself is really pretty believable too. She's always put others before herself ("Cruel Dilemma", "Just In Time", "False Start" ), even despite Jeremie's often adverse opinions, and I like that they've carried that into her interactions in the real world as well. I have to laugh too...since the both of them, Jeremie and Aelita, are two stubborn mules. XD
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MG » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:38 pm

Hey guys!!! :hello: There is a thread on The Internet Movie Database saying that I call Jeremy a bad word! What's up? I know I didn't but I can't remember what I said. I definitely didn't call Jeremy a dumb#@! Help! What DID I say? :umm:

MG offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:47 pm

The Voice of Odd wrote:Hey guys!!! :hello: There is a thread on The Internet Movie Database saying that I call Jeremy a bad word! What's up? I know I didn't but I can't remember what I said. I definitely didn't call Jeremy a dumb#@! Help! What DID I say? :umm:

XD I had a feeling that would happen. You didn't say it at all. They're mistaking the word "Delmas" for it. You have a line in which you say the Principal and Sissi's last name at the very end of the sentence. If one isn't listening closely, or if one doesn't know that the Principal's last name is "Delmas", it can be mistaken...don't worry though. Someone will set them straight eventually with a direct quote. I might just go do it myself since I've got "Missing Link" on tape.

Silly IMDB people need to have their ears cleaned out... ;)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MG » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:06 pm

Oh yeah :D Thanks Mewberries! I was just saying the principal's name in my own little Odd way. I remember now. You guys go tell them to get their minds out of the gutter.

(But between me and you Lyoko Freaks, I slammed down hard on the second syllable accidently on purpose. Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!) 8)

MG offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:14 pm

The Voice of Odd wrote:Oh yeah :D Thanks Mewberries! I was just saying the principal's name in my own little Odd way. I remember now. You guys go tell them to get their minds out of the gutter.

(But between me and you Lyoko Freaks, I slammed down hard on the second syllable accidently on purpose. Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!) 8)

XD Just as Odd surely would have, indeed. ;) I went and posted the truth...I can only hope they'll take my word for it. ^^; You're very welcome though. It's no big, especially if it means keeping Odd out of trouble. :D ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HvonM » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:10 pm

Uh, Mewberries, could you put up a summary of this episode? PLEASE? I am such a fool for never being able to catch the episodes. And the rather cumulative nature of this season means that for now, I'm quite lost...
HvonM offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:43 pm

HvonM wrote:Uh, Mewberries, could you put up a summary of this episode? PLEASE? I am such a fool for never being able to catch the episodes. And the rather cumulative nature of this season means that for now, I'm quite lost...

^^; Sure thing. It's okay. You can't help that you miss the episodes, and I don't mind helping you out. ^_^

"Missing Link"

The episode begins with Jeremie, Odd, Ulrich, and Aelita waiting for Yumi at the factory. Apparently they're going to do some more 5th region exploring and having the party at full strength would be a definite plus. However, Yumi's running late. A few montage scenes of Yumi heading for the Factory are interspersed with Jeremie deciding that Yumi must not be able to come, and him virtualizing Odd, Ulrich, and Aelita. Yumi arrives almost directly afterward entirely out of breath and about to give an explanation but Jeremie tells her to just hurry to the scanners, after which he virtualizes her as well. Odd comments lightly that it was nice of Yumi to join them, ("We were almost going to start the party without you"), but Ulrich's a tad...suspicious. He questions Yumi as to whether she was late because she was talking with William again, which irritates Yumi in return. Just as they begin to bicker, a group of Roachsters appear which quickly engage them in battle. Aelita is advised to head for safety while Ulrich, Odd, and Yumi take on the Roachsters. While they're defeating them, the scithizoa appears , which Jeremie is quick to notice. However, this time it's not after Aelita...it attacks Yumi!

Ulrich quickly attacks the Scithizoa which drops Yumi and backs off. The Roachsters go with it, and all becomes peaceful again. Ulrich having hurried to Yumi's side asks her if she's okay. She seems unsure, claiming she feels sort of funny. Jeremie decides that it's too risky to take the trip to the 5th region right now, and goes to materialize Aelita from the deactivated tower nearby along with Yumi and Odd first. Odd and Aelita materialize no problem but Yumi's scanner is empty. She's still on Lyoko. This greatly worries Jeremie, although Odd reassures him that he probably just entered the coordinates wrong. Jeremie tries again, this time devirtualizing Ulrich as well, but again Yumi stays trapped on Lyoko. By now Jeremie's very upset and Ulrich is quickly getting there too. Jeremie advises Yumi to head for a deactivated tower to stay safe until he can figure out what's wrong.

Back in the real world, Jeremie is desperately trying to figure out what's wrong, Ulrich, Odd and Aelita gathered around him. Jeremie decides to scan Yumi to see if that can pick up on anything, and suddenly discovers the problem. When the Scithizoa attacked her, it didn't steal her memories but her genetic coding. This coding is what allows her to transfer from real world form, to Lyoko form and back again (so far as I could figure). Without it, she can't be devirtualized! Yumi's really upset by this. Not only is the prospect of remaining virtual forever entirely daunting but today of all day's is the one day she really can't afford to be absent. School pictures for the ninth grade (Yumi's grade) are being taken today, and anyone who doesn't attend gets suspended (quoth Odd, "Way to go, Delmas" ). Odd gets it into his head that he can take Yumi's place in the photo by dressing up like her ( O_o ), but both Jeremie and Yumi seem to think that's a silly idea. Ulrich however finds potential in it...just not with Odd as Yumi. XD

Ulrich pays Sissi a visit directly afterward. He attempts to bargain with her, asking her if she'll pose as Yumi in the school photo today. In return he'll do anything she wants ("well...not anything..." ). Sissi, however, tells him that sure she'll do it...and that she doesn't want anything in return?! Telling Ulrich to think of it as a personal favor, she saunters off to get ready for the photo. During this time, Jeremie and Aelita have been working in the Factory on trying to find a way to get Yumi's coding back. Yumi's very upset, which is understandable, that they've yet to find anything helpful quite yet. Aelita suddenly seems to have an idea but she's reluctant to tell Jeremie precisely what it is. She asks him just to virtualize her and that she'll take care of it from there. Rather confused, and mildly suspicious Jeremie does so and Aelita hurries off to meet with Yumi.

Back at Kadic, Ulrich complains to Odd about how long Sissi's taken to put on a dress and a wig. Sissi soon walks out though, wearing a short black wig styled to match Yumi's hairstyle along with a light blue mini-dress and boots. Sissi asks Ulrich what he thinks of it, and Ulrich responds that it's something Yumi just wouldn't wear ( it's too colorful among other things... ^^; ). Ulrich and Odd tell Sissi to wait while they get her some of Yumi's actual dresses. Upon arriving at Yumi's house, Ulrich tells Odd to stand guard and keep him posted if anyone's coming while he sneaks in through an opened back door. Very quietly avoiding Yumi's parents (who are having a rather amusing conversation in the next room over), Ulrich sneaks into Yumi's room to find a dress in her closet that Sissi can wear and that isn't too "Non-Yumi" in style.

Back at the Factory and in Lyoko, Jeremie's still trying to get Aelita to tell him her idea. Aelita refuses though, and finally meets up with Yumi in the deactivated tower. There she tells Yumi that she can get her out by giving her her own genetic coding. This means though, that now Aelita will be all virtual again. Jeremie advises her not to do it repeatedlty, but Aelita blocks out contact with him and initiates the process of giving her genetic code to Yumi. Jeremie meanwhile, is sifting through the information regarding this process...and comes across a pretty huge snag. If Aelita gives up her genetic coding, XANA will be able to tap into her memories uninhibited. Unable to contact Aelita directly, he calls up Ulrich and Odd.

Ulrich unfortunately though is still in Yumi's room. His cell phone ringing gains the notice of Yumi's mom who enters Yumi's room looking for the source. Ulrich manages to hide behind Yumi's dresser, leaving his cell phone out to fool Yumi's parents into thinking she'd left for school and simply forgotten her mobile. Ulrich then climbs down the drain pipe, rather irritated to find Odd playing a video game when he should be watching. ^^; Ulrich calls Jeremie back with an apology and begins an explanation but Jeremie cuts him off, explaining what Aelita's doing, what the consequences will be and that he can't contact her so they're going to have to go into Lyoko to tell her. He advises they hurry. Ulrich agrees but insists that they have to stop by Kadic first and give Sissi Yumi's dress to wear for the photo. Then they'll be right over.

Ulrich and Odd get the dress to Sissi, who after putting it on heads for the photo shoot. The two boys then hurry to the Factory racing against time since Aelita's transfer of her genetic code is nearing completion. Upon arrival, Jeremie virtualizes Ulrich and Odd close to the tower telling them to hurry and get the message to Aelita. Meanwhile, back at Kadic, Sissi's shows up as Yumi and takes her place for the photo. William, who's standing behind her, greets her and tells her he was looking for her this morning in the courtyard. However, he quickly realizes it's not Yumi he's speaking too. He recognises Sissi and pretty soon most of the ninth graders have taken notice too, particularly the boy sitting next to Sissi, and who's quickly getting on her last nerve with his prodding.

Back on Lyoko, Aelita's transfer process is nearly complete, but Ulrich and Odd arrive in time to warn her. Aelita aborts the process, feeling rather sorry about the whole thing (Odd comforts her with the line, "You're already becoming human. You're confusing generosity with stupidity." ^^; ). The next step now though is to find an alternate way to get Yumi's code back. Aelita comes up with another solution. XANA's taken Yumi's code...and where does one find XANA's files? The 5th region! The group quickly heads for the Forest region's boundaries where Jeremie enters the Scipio code to activate the XANA sphere that will take them to the 5th region.

Back at the school, Sissi's cover is now almost completely blown. She eventually loses her cool on the boy sitting next to her (who kept teasing her), and gains the attention of her father, the principal who's overseeing the photo shoot. The prinicipal of course recognizes his daughter so the jig is up, and the ninth grade photo is taken with the prinicipal trying to get answers out of Sissi (that's one for the yearbook... :D ).

Ulrich, Odd, Yumi, and Aelita arrive at the 5th region with Odd still having motion-sickness issues. Jeremie warns them that without a genetic code, Yumi's as vulnerable to deletion as Aelita is, so they've got to be extra careful. Without a second more of waiting, the group hurries into the 5th region, intent on finding the push-button that'll keep the maze from changing. Jeremie's located one on an out-cropping nearby which the group heads for. The push-button hangs at the end of an open corridor. Odd quickly opts to go for it, but as he walks out, Ulrich takes notice of the ceiling changing and quickly pushes him out of the way as a huge pillar comes down behind them. barely missing them and separating them from Yumi and Aelita. Jeremie warns them of the ceiling collapsing and Ulrich and Odd barely have any time to take a breather than the rest of the ceiling begins to fall down on them. Several pillars of ceiling almost crush the two boys, but Ulrich is saved by Odd pushing him out of the way of one of the last pillars and taking the hit in a spectacular instant KO squash down. Ulrich avoids the rest of the pillars and hits the push-button at the end of the corridor which also pulls the pillars back up into the ceiling, allowing him to regroup with Yumi and Aelita. Back in the real world, Odd tumbles out of his scanner. Getting pancaked in the 5th region is apparently not very good for you.

Back in Lyoko, Yumi, Aelita, and Ulrich catch the XANA elevator up to the 5th region's interface panel. Aelita quickly goes to work searching for Yumi's code (sacrificing Jeremie's control of the computer for the time being), while Yumi and Ulrich keep an eye out for the Manta Ray monsters that exist in the 5th regions walls. Ulrich during this time, also apologizes to Yumi, saying it wasn't any of his business bothering her about what made her late this morning. Yumi accepts his apology stating she'll tell him what she was doing anyway. She was buying tickets for the both of them for a SubSonics concert that night, which was only made more difficult by a bad Internet connection. Ulrich's really surprised by this, but the rather happy moment is spoiled by the arrival of the Manta Rays.

While Ulrich and Yumi fend off the enemy lasers (Ulrich also working to keep Yumi from being hit), Aelita continues her search through XANA's files for Yumi's code (she's unsure of what it looks like exactly but feels she'll know it when she sees it). She finally finds it and quickly sends it to Jeremie, who quickly sets to work imputting it back to Yumi. Yumi's over-joyed at this news, happy that she'll be able to go back. But because she's taken her attention off the attacking monsters, a Manta ray manages to sneak up behind her and score a direct hit on her with its laser. Yumi devirtualizes, much to Ulrich's horror, and nobody's quite sure whether or not her genetic coding was restored in time. Ulrich and Aelita escape the 5th region on Ulrich's overbike (Jeremie having long ago regained control of the computer) and Jeremie materializes them both promptly afterward.

Down in the scanner room, Aelita and Ulrich emerge out of their scanners, and Ulrich finds Yumi collapsed in front of her scanner. As Aelita says, she's out cold but at least she's back on earth again. Yumi comes to, her eyes focusing on Ulrich's face and the two share a moment (Ulrich's also holding her around her shoulders...it's very sweet. ^_^ ). Also this whole time Odd's been up in the super computer room with Jeremie, entirely unable to move for the most part because of the crushing he took in the 5th region ("Ever been hit by a steam roller, Jeremie? Well, get squashed in the 5th region and you'll know what it feels like." ). Poor Odd. ^^;

The group heads back to Kadic to discover the fiasco that was the ninth grade photoshoot. Sissi explains she's managed to keep Yumi out of trouble, but that her father's none-to-pleased with her in the meantime. As she walks off, Yumi (after a glance from Ulrich) stops her, offering her the tickets to the SubSonics concert with Ulrich as thanks. Sissi seems grateful and walks off rather happily passing Jeremie, Aelita, and Odd along the way. They comment on Sissi's odd behavior, not entirely sure what to make of her sudden change in character and her generosity in things regarding Yumi. But that's a mystery for another day.

End

This one was really fantastic! The Lyoko scenes, particularly those in the 5th region, were choice. The plot was really sweet, and you know I can't resist any sort of Y/U fluff! :D I hope you like this episode summary! :)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HvonM » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:51 pm

Thank you very much, as always! It's very well written too, might I add.
HvonM offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:19 pm

HvonM wrote:Thank you very much, as always! It's very well written too, might I add.

Thanks! This was one of my most favorite episodes so far this season, so I had to give it my very best. I'm glad you liked it! :D And you're very welcome! ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mandaz » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:31 pm

Although in the UK...i watched this on a download, well it didn't download it just showed me the whole clip...and i thought it was LIKE....WICKED!!..lol sissi's gone bit kind now...hmm. Ps, i cried when i watched it.
Welcome to Room No#48
My Livejournal Visit my DA art
Mandaz offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby MY85 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:18 pm

Finally I've seen this episode. It was good. I hope Jetix doesn't switch the episodes in a crazy way.

In the english version, did Odd said something about "acupunture treatment"... because:
Odd: Les daré el tratamiento de acupuntura de Odd. (I'll give them Odd's acupunture treatment). *shoots enemies*
rofl So funny... why so early the Scyphozoa?

The Ishiyama's house... so Mr. Ishiyama is from Tokyo, and from what part of Japan is Yumi's mother from? I wonder... must not be Tokyo, after what her mother told her about Tokyo people.

This must be one of Sissi's best episodes so far. She rocked!! And she's hot. Lucky for her to get those Subsonics tickets at the end of the episode.

Odd rocked, and what he said to Yumi about being human... XD.

Matt Geczy wrote:But between me and you Lyoko Freaks, I slammed down hard on the second syllable accidently on purpose. Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wished the VA for Odd in the LatinAmerican version could do the same. But I think Odd in spanish said "a**hole gorilla" or "invincible gorilla" (most likely, 2nd option, but it would be cool and werid to listen Odd saying the first one) in Final Mix (gotta watch it again someday), when he was refering to the XANA-Jim.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby animenologist » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:42 pm

Odd actually did mention acupuncture. His actual quote here is "I'm gonna give them a little Odd acupuncture."

And if I were to guess, I'd guess Kyoto. In The Chips are Down, Yumi's mother told her father to look for a temporary job until the can return to Kyoto.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:44 pm

That episode was CHOCK FULL of UlrichxYumi. I wish it'll get to DVD along with the rest of season 2.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stonecreek » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:44 pm

I finally, FINALLY noticed the great enunciation of Principal Delmas' name. I could not stop laughing. Further proff that the VA's rock, and so does this episode, all over aagain.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Jeremified » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:43 pm

Just wanted to point something out here... I'm not sure if this is in all the episodes, but on Jeremie's screen, in the little boxes pointing to Odd, Ulrich, Yumi, and Aelita, the only yellow one was Aelita's.
I'm watching Missing Link right now too :) .
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Pika53 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:16 pm

I'd have to say that this was my third favorite episode.
Pika53 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Jade » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:36 pm

That's the first one I saw, and fell in love with it... *_*

Jade offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Insanity Hero » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:27 pm

One of my favorite's. It shows that Sissi does have a heart of gold. Also we see UlrichxYumi moments in it. X.A.N.A. attacking a member of the team instead of Aelita was a great twist to it. Gotta love his twisted ideas of trying to kill off the members.
Insanity Hero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Quin Separable » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:26 pm

This is one of my favorite episodes. It kind of threw me through a loop though when Sissy was actually nice. After Ulrich asked her to stand in for Yumi, I half expected her to start ranting and raving like a lunatic! It was kind of cool to see her in a different light.

Then the whole thing with the Schiphizoa attacking Yumi. An unexpected twist (gotta love those). This episode as a whole was great and I loved watching it.
Formally Kia

Quin Separable offline
New Kid
New Kid

(long post is loooooooooooooooong)

Postby SilverPrince » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:26 pm

Last Post: Monday, March 27th, 2006. Wow.

Anyway, I felt like watching some CL, so I randomly chose an episode from my hard drive, and this was it. This post is my commentary pretty much as I watch it.

Man, I love the opening sequence. I remember when Season 2 started and my mind was blown by all the moving, overlaid images. And the song still gets me.

Hm. It's a blue tower. Remember when inactive towers were blue? I liked it better that way.

It's 6:20. Do you know where your kids are? Old outfits, hey! And anti-virus. Whoa, this is old. Aw, listen to them talking about shutting down XANA. How cute.

*We interrupt this commentary for an EPIC YUMI SKATEBOARD SEQUENCE*

"Grr. I'm Ulrich. Where were you? Grr. I'm jealous. I hate William. Grr." Aww, it's a lover's spat. Listen to them bicker. And we will never see them improve this relationship. You know, I think my perspective is altered because I know how it all ends.

Whoa. Aelita has to hide. It has been a while since I've watched this show, and even longer since I've watched an episode this early in the run.

It's the Schyphozoa! RUN, AE- wait, wut? It's got Yumi? MIND. BLOWN. Awww, Ulrich's all concerned now.

Wait. Jeremie materialized Aelita without a tower. I thought he couldn't do that until Season 3, after Franz returned Aelita's memories. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Jeremie's going crazy now, too. That weird eyebrow-jaw twitch thing. <s>Odd.</s> I mean strange. Wow, Jeremie, way to let her know. "I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON! GO AND HIDE IN A TOWER!" And then commercial break. TENSION.

And we're back. Jeremie is much calmer now. But, she's gonna miss the class picture! DUN DUN DUNNN. Man, Delmas is really srs about this picture. A suspension? Really. Because pictures are so much more important than education, obviously. (I'm sorry, that's just my go-against-the-administration's-policies tendency.)

Odd wants to cross-dress? I'm beginning to think that he's hiding something. And Yumi won't have any of it anyway. But, there's always Sissi! In a skimpy robe with wet hair. I'd just like to comment about the voice acting in this scene. It's meant to make Ulrich sound like he doesn't want to do this, but it just sounds like he's physically having trouble forming a sentence. I feel horrible making a negative comment about the voice acting. Moving on now.

That digital analysis effect is really nifty. Is it ever used again? I don't remember. But I like it. "DNA sequence code". Hm. You know, that makes sense. Sometimes, technobabble is just strings of sciency-sounding words, but in this case, I actually get it. Scypho stole the file for Yumi's DNA sequence. It all makes sense now!

I can't make a screenshot but at 8:07 into the episode, Ulrich has this really creepy smile, as he's trying to convince Sissi to be Yumi. And Sissi does it! Without any "down payments." I remember being pretty shocked at that when I watched this the first time.

"A quarter of an hour to put on a dress and wig"? Wah wah wah. It's only 15 minutes. And besides, it's for a picture. I fail to see the issue. I suppose they're a little pressed for time, but whatever. "Her dresses are longer and..." "Less sexy?" Why is this 13 or 14 year old girl even saying the word sexy? Seriously, did Cartoon Network even look at this show before they aired it? I wonder if Chris Hansen ever had a talk with the production staff.

Now they're sneaking into Yumi's house. Someone with a lot of time on their hands needs to sit down and just count all the crimes these kids commit. Breaking and entering, trespassing on private property, accessing classified information, forgery, resisting arrest, counterfeiting... the list goes on and on. But I'm supposed to be talking about Missing Link. If you listen closely, Takeo just complimented Mrs. Ishiyama on something. That's probably like one out of two times he's said something positive to her. ... Oh, wait. And then Mrs. Ishiyama complains about him not listening... and he wasn't listening.

*We interrupt this commentary for Aelita and her attitude*

Man, the Ishiyama house is one giant stereotype. Could it be any more Japanese? I mean, sure, they're implied to be actually from Japan, but still. And there's Yumi's weird purple stuffed animal. Just chillin' there, to be weird comic relief. I guess it's to counteract all the marital stress that we've been hearing about.

Remember what I said earlier about the technobabble making sense? Well, throw that out the window. If Aelita transferred her DNA sequence to Yumi, wouldn't that mean that Yumi would be materialized and come out of the scanner looking like Aelita? Whatever. I shouldn't be getting this deep into it. This is, after all, a show for 15 year olds.

OH SNAP. Ulrich almost got caught. But he climbs out a window. Isn't he just a BAMF. And now we find out that without her DNA sequence, Aelita's memory will be exposed! The sense of this plot is just rapidly flying out the window. But at least we know XANA's motive.

So far there's been a lot of UxY, but now I'm picking up some AxY undertones. No, seriously. Here comes Aelita ready to make a huge sacrifice, being Yumi's Lady in Shining Pink Armor, and now she's all
"Everything will be all right" in a soothing voice. <s>All we need now is some candles and some Barry White...</s> And now here's Odd complaining about girls causing "mess after mess after mess." Hm. You're not helping your cause, Odd.

Here comes <S>Sissi</S> Yumi, calmly walking over to the 9th graders. Hey, there's Matthias Durel. The 9th grade version of Thomas Jolviet. Jolivet. Whatver. And they see right through her. And man, Matthias, your voice doesn't match your looks. That's unfortunate. And he gets slapped. Is there a TVtrope about "Don't call me [real name]"? Because Sissi does that a lot.

Aelita sounds like a lesbian supervillian. "Just one more minute..." Maybe I'm just weird. Or putting homosexuality where there isn't any. Oh well. I'm having fun with it.

I JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE A BRILLIANT IDEA. Oh, Code Lyoko. The entire. Freaking. Show. is one giant Deus Ex Machinia. That's one of the things I really dislike.

Matthias Durel needs to shut up before <s>Sissi</s> Yumi murders him. Oh, now it's Sissi... Yumi... oh you know what I mean. It's Sissi's turn to get embarrassed. And ruin the class picture. Way to be, Sissi.

"Oh, hey Yumi, btw, don't die. You'll be lost in Lyoko forever."

"K."

HOLY CRAP GIANT THINGS OF DEATH COMING FROM THE CEILING. And Odd gets flattened. And now Aelita has to sift through what is probably terabytes of data at least to find this one file. "Oh, I'll find it..."

Awww, Yumi was getting Subsonics tickets. How sweet. Hey look, Mantas! My favorites. Oh, Aelita's got it! Oh, Jeremie's downloading it! OH NO YUMI GOT SHOT. Awww, she made it. And Ulrich's all happy. The romance music is playing in the backround and they're smiling and isn't it just wonderful.

And now Sissi takes the fall for Yumi, and she gets to go to the Subsonics with Ulrich. Everything is right with the world, except Sissi's generosity. Does this ever come up again? Probably not.

MY FINAL VERDICT.

6/10. It had all the elements of a Code Lyoko episode. Technobabble, romantic tension, a damsel in distress (although it wasn't the usual one), and like Code Lyoko, things like A WILD PLOT RESOLUTION APPEARS get in the way. There have been better, but there have been worse.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:52 pm

*looks up*

Looking back there was probably a reason I only watched this once.

Analyzing your analysis I can find that...
"Grr. I'm Ulrich. Where were you? Grr. I'm jealous. I hate William. Grr." Aww, it's a lover's spat. Listen to them bicker. And we will never see them improve this relationship. You know, I think my perspective is altered because I know how it all ends.

I think you're right, at least in the context of these two. When we first saw it we were like "aww but they'll get together in the end". Now we're like "they have the same argument over and over..."

Man, Delmas is really srs about this picture. A suspension? Really. Because pictures are so much more important than education, obviously.

Kadic has THE strangest discipline policy ever. Suspension for missing a class picture, but TWO HOURS OF DETENTION for beating up <s>Yolande</s> Dorothy in Image Problem? DUDE.

It's meant to make Ulrich sound like he doesn't want to do this, but it just sounds like he's physically having trouble forming a sentence.

Sissi! In a skimpy robe with wet hair.

Your confusion is gone.
I can't make a screenshot but at 8:07 into the episode, Ulrich has this really creepy smile, as he's trying to convince Sissi to be Yumi. And Sissi does it! Without any "down payments." I remember being pretty shocked at that when I watched this the first time.

I'll find it!

Man my print of this episode is small. That's not a creepy smile. That's an unnaturally adorably dorky smile. Wait, no. It's creepy. And Odd's, too.

"Her dresses are longer and..." "Less sexy?" Why is this 13 or 14 year old girl even saying the word sexy? Seriously, did Cartoon Network even look at this show before they aired it?

Haha, I doubt it! x3 And with all of CL's edginess, it's still seventy times cleaner than actual children that age.

If Aelita transferred her DNA sequence to Yumi, wouldn't that mean that Yumi would be materialized and come out of the scanner looking like Aelita? Whatever. I shouldn't be getting this deep into it. This is, after all, a show for 15 year olds.

10 year olds. And I'm sure it's not quite how it sounds...unless it is.

Is it just me or can I tell that your agitation is increasing as this episode goes on?

Here comes Sissi Yumi, calmly walking over to the 9th graders. Hey, there's Matthias Durel. The 9th grade version of Thomas Jolviet. Jolivet. Whatver. And they see right through her. And man, Matthias, your voice doesn't match your looks. That's unfortunate. And he gets slapped. Is there a TVtrope about "Don't call me [real name]"? Because Sissi does that a lot.

Yes, actually, it's "Do Not Call Me Paul". And I concur on Matthias thar. He is VERY good lookin' but his voice is dorky. (And a look at him in XANA's Kiss tells us he's not too attractive on the inside...)

I JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE A BRILLIANT IDEA. Oh, Code Lyoko. The entire. Freaking. Show. is one giant Deus Ex Machinia. That's one of the things I really dislike.

And this makes it different from every other show ever why?

I was never sure I wanted to rewatch this one. It was one of the weaker eps of Season 2...go watch Attack of the Zombies, it'll clear your mind. Or one with a lot of XANA-William in it.
Carth offline

Previous