Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:37 pm

St. Valentine's Day

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

How do you rate this episode?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:29 pm

OMG! My life has been fulfilled!
50%
So-so. Good solid stuff, nothing new.
50%
About as appealing as Jim in a tutu.
No votes

Total votes : 12

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:02 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:
SamBlob wrote:
Little Vili wrote: Wow, that was a very good (yet too obvious) tactic. First I must ask, would you trust a gift you didnt know who it came from, or with out a note to even give a clue? I didnt think so. before I even touched it, I'd ask everyone who'd possibly could/would have given it to me.

That's one of the things that really bothered me about this episode. Even if Aelita thought Jeremy gave her the necklace, Jeremy should have had more sense than that. His paranoia has been misdirected. The old Jeremy (from the first season) would have recognized the Trojan Horse gambit and suspected XANA from the first instant. Instead he's out hunting wivals like Elmer Fudd hunting wabbits. Dumb!

P.S.: My opinion of the delivery boy is just that: he's a random delivery boy who XANA possessed for the sole purpose of delivering his present...

Well, as said by Riku in KH "You were just the delivery boy!"

I think that Aelita was very believable during this episode. For all she knew, getting presents at midnight was normal, which is probably why she asked Yumi. Yumi assumed it was a V-day present, and Aelita had no reason no to trust her friend's judgement.

Jeremie...well, depending upon how you flip the coin he was both in and out of character. If he was acting like normal, sensible Jeremie, then yes, I agree that his paranoia was wrongly placed. However, Jeremie is never sensical around Aelita, she drives him to extremes in the over-protective area. Given the day this episode was set on, I can see his reaction as feasible.

Also Jeremie's prone to...obsessing over things having to do with Aelita. Point in case, "Girl of the Dreams". He was 100% sure Taelia was Aelita and he wouldn't listen to reason from anyone, not even Yumi. So while it's out of the norm for him to act the way he did in "SVD", he's done it before. ^^;
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:47 pm

*bumps thread because he just saw this episode*

Love can drive people crazy, even the smarter ones, like Jeremie.

Well, Jetix's getting crazy and RTTP-ing weirdly. So today they have shown this episode. And just by reading this thread, it has all been said. Dang, I can't say much about it.

But the poem in spanish version (never saw the french or english version)... if I see SVD again, I'll mute that part!! Quite corny, I must say.

There were some funny moments I enjoyed, such as XANA/Aelita kissing Jeremie on the cheek and making him fall off the chair, then Jim and his thing on Susan Hertz... now that clears me the doubt that Jim could have been the opposite of straight, despite the sumo magazines. And that voice manipulation program... lmao!! That can come in handy.

I loved that Yumi-Ulrich moment, and Odd was shooting off Aelita, it seemed very suicidal, but if I'm not mistaken, Odd hit the Scypyzoa near to the XANA logo. Btw, how many LP does that monster has? It's kinda werid, though.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:05 pm

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:*bumps thread because he just saw this episode*

But the poem in spanish version (never saw the french or english version)... if I see SVD again, I'll mute that part!! Quite corny, I must say.

XD It's corny in English too. Sweet, but corny. :*D I just like Jeremie's interrogation of Ulrich beforehand:
"What are you doing?"
"Nothing."
"Are you writing a poem?"
"No."
"Is it for Yumi?"
"No."

^.^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:38 am

Mewberries151 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:*bumps thread because he just saw this episode*

XD It's corny in English too. Sweet, but corny. :*D I just like Jeremie's interrogation of Ulrich beforehand:
"What are you doing?"
"Nothing."
"Are you writing a poem?"
"No."
"Is it for Yumi?"
"No."

^.^

Lol... for real, this is so corny it can compete with BBBD as the corniest CL things ever. And thanks to Ulrich, I'm gonna mute that part if I ever see it again.

4am... dang, I fell asleep over my bed... and weirdly woke up.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Darkness Incarnate » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:24 pm

Linii-chan wrote:Loved the Odd/Aelita.

Otherwise, rocked as usual, but didn't do anything -that- special for me.

Odd/Aelita.. was so awesome though. :P

No.No.No odd belongs to sissy and don't forget it.
All your base are belong to us,LOL.
Darkness Incarnate offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Yumi Lover » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:50 pm

If Ulrich read the poem to Yumi first she probably would stop fake-flirting with William and Ulrich wouldn't have gotten jealous. There's nothin' more beautiful than true love.
Yumi's mine! I saw the first episode of Code Lyoko the first day it ever aired! I saw her first!! Back off!!!! If I could date her I would! If you could date her, I'd stop you!!!
Yumi Lover offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby MY85 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:29 pm

Spartan 110 wrote:If Ulrich read the poem to Yumi first she probably would stop fake-flirting with William and Ulrich wouldn't have gotten jealous. There's nothin' more beautiful than true love.

Knowing the writers, they wouldn't made Yumi kiss Ulrich right after reading the poem. But for sure their relationship would have had another twist.
MY85 offline

Postby Darkness Incarnate » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:37 am

I know it's just to help the plot but they both know they like each other so why do they do it to each other they could just be together and that would be the end of it. But they keep playing games so this can go on until season 5 or 6 at this rate.
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby . » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:51 pm

Ahh this proves, at least to me, Odd has at least toyed with the idea of dating Aelita even at the cost of his friendship Jeremy. Probbly the only reason he hasn't actually openly hit on her was because of the life of her being his cousin. At least thats what I pulled out.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:52 pm

ThePepsiPiper wrote:Ahh this proves, at least to me, Odd has at least toyed with the idea of dating Aelita even at the cost of his friendship Jeremy. Probbly the only reason he hasn't actually openly hit on her was because of the life of her being his cousin. At least thats what I pulled out.

Actually...I assumed he was irritated that Jeremie just jumped to conclusions like that. Odd doesn't seem like the type to enjoy being blamed for trouble he didn't cause (although he will take the heat for a friend, "Rock Bottom"). Yumi didn't seem to be particularly fazed by the idea of Odd giving Aelita a gift. If she thought Odd were trying to steal Aelita away from Jeremie, I think she would have been more concerned about Odd giving Aelita a gift.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby . » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:58 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
ThePepsiPiper wrote:Ahh this proves, at least to me, Odd has at least toyed with the idea of dating Aelita even at the cost of his friendship Jeremy. Probbly the only reason he hasn't actually openly hit on her was because of the life of her being his cousin. At least thats what I pulled out.

Actually...I assumed he was irritated that Jeremie just jumped to conclusions like that. Odd doesn't seem like the type to enjoy being blamed for trouble he didn't cause (although he will take the heat for a friend, "Rock Bottom"). Yumi didn't seem to be particularly fazed by the idea of Odd giving Aelita a gift. If she thought Odd were trying to steal Aelita away from Jeremie, I think she would have been more concerned about Odd giving Aelita a gift.

Well I say it because he first reaction to Jer's question was "Are you forgetting shes supposed to be my cousin?"

I find that perplexing, if he had no intrest in her at all wouldn't of his response been "Ofcourse not, shes your girl" or something to that effect? {;us the line about her not being Je's property, the way he said it with that smirk on his face... Either he was trying to get Jer's goat or it subtle hinting at something.

And if it was the former then that doesn't explained as to why he blew up the way he did.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:34 pm

ThePepsiPiper wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:

Well I say it because he first reaction to Jer's question was "Are you forgetting shes supposed to be my cousin?"

I find that perplexing, if he had no intrest in her at all wouldn't of his response been "Ofcourse not, shes your girl" or something to that effect? {;us the line about her not being Je's property, the way he said it with that smirk on his face... Either he was trying to get Jer's goat or it subtle hinting at something.

And if it was the former then that doesn't explained as to why he blew up the way he did.

Odd was pointing out the obvious, which Jeremie should have realized in the first place. Odd wouldn't call Jeremie out about Aelita being "his girl" because first, that would embarass Jeremie in front of the class, and second with Aelita sitting right near by referring to her as "property" would not win him any brownie points with her (which he definitely wouldn't do so even if he was interested in her) and he wouldn't want to embarrass her either.

Plus, there's always the idea that it was the "first thing that came to his mind" as to why he wouldn't date Aelita.

There's not enough evidence to just assume Odd was trying to bother Jeremie with that line either. Jeremie picked the fight. Odd may have just been trying to end it with a logical statement, since Jeremie normally listens to reason. Unfortunately, he didn't this time because he already had his preconceived notion of what must be fact.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby . » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:37 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
ThePepsiPiper wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:

Odd was pointing out the obvious, which Jeremie should have realized in the first place. Odd wouldn't call Jeremie out about Aelita being "his girl" because first, that would embarass Jeremie in front of the class, and second with Aelita sitting right near by referring to her as "property" would not win him any brownie points with her (which he definitely wouldn't do so even if he was interested in her) and he wouldn't want to embarrass her either.

Plus, there's always the idea that it was the "first thing that came to his mind" as to why he wouldn't date Aelita.

There's not enough evidence to just assume Odd was trying to bother Jeremie with that line either. Jeremie picked the fight. Odd may have just been trying to end it with a logical statement, since Jeremie normally listens to reason. Unfortunately, he didn't this time because he already had his preconceived notion of what must be fact.

I'm pretty sure they we're out of earshot to the whole class though, they where whispering up until they yelled.

Ah well I'm pretty much convienced of this.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:38 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:

Indeed... taking an example from Season 1: if Odd couldn't pay a airplane ticket to Kiwi, how could he afford the necklace to Aelita (in the case the necklace was expensive)?

Odd and Aelita seem to have more like friendship chemistry... but not enough to be a stable long-lasting couple...
MY85 offline

Postby KayLenny#7 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:48 pm

My favorite part was the beginning. That "spiderman"... *_*
Formerly known as Numbuh 7

I'm out. Have fun homies.
KayLenny#7 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:50 pm

ThePepsiPiper wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:
ThePepsiPiper wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:

I'm pretty sure they we're out of earshot to the whole class though, they where whispering up until they yelled.

Another impasse then, as I'm pretty much convinced of my own assumption. ^^

Difference of opinions...it's what makes this forum fun to discuss stuff on. :D

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:

Indeed... taking an example from Season 1: if Odd couldn't pay a airplane ticket to Kiwi, how could he afford the necklace to Aelita (in the case the necklace was expensive)?

Odd and Aelita seem to have more like friendship chemistry... but not enough to be a stable long-lasting couple...

Nice points, Rodri! That's a really good catch! :)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:55 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
ThePepsiPiper wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:
ThePepsiPiper wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:

Another impasse then, as I'm pretty much convinced of my own assumption. ^^

Difference of opinions...it's what makes this forum fun to discuss stuff on. :D

Don't know why, but CL Discussion lately seems to me like a Jeremie/Aelita/Odd Dicussion board. J/k... or mayeb it's just the threads I look at from here.

Mewberries151 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:

Nice points, Rodri! That's a really good catch! :)

You're welcome... I still tink of you as the world's best Code Lyoko fan (my apologies to those who thought of TB3 or animenologist as candidates for such thing)... that's just my opinion.
MY85 offline

Postby knifey » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:09 pm

Hmm, AelitaxOdd. It's interesting and I'm not crazy about AelitaxJeremie but it splits my favorite pairing (OddxSissi) so I think I'll stay out of it.

Numbuh 7 wrote:My favorite part was the beginning. That "spiderman"... *_*

Yeah, that was pretty cool, but one thing I don't understand is that XANA would have to activate a tower in order to possess/clone a human and in "Cold War" an alarm went off when XANA activated a tower so wouldn't an alarm of gone off in Jeremie's room? :umm:

Also did anyone notice that Yumi's voice sounded a bit more high pitched or somewhat like that? It seemed like that to me.
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:02 pm

Evil, Evil Aelita
Can't you see the X.A.N.A. symbol
Shinning in her eyes?
Evil, Evil Aelita
She's still pure at heart
But she only tells lies...

:horns: BOWHAHAH!!!
Best ep yet...Poisened Princess stole the show, man. :D
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:22 pm

I did notice Yumi's voice was higher pitched, didnt the alarm go off? I never noticed.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:31 pm

me neither... :whatever:
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Aelita Girl » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:00 am

I couldn't stop oohing and aahing! Although I'd prefer NO UxS or YxW ¬.¬ but it was cool anyhow! By the time Ulrich grabbed Yumi I was clenching the sofa ^-^
Aelita Girl offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Darkness Incarnate » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:12 pm

I think there should be more at the end when Ulrich told Yumi the the poem was for her this would have been a good time for there friendship to get deeper.
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby The BB of C » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:17 pm

In this episode, I detected the writers trying to get at mulitple plots in the episode. It turned out good overall but it had it's corny parts.
The BB of C offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Insanity Hero » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:04 pm

Can't really say it was my favorite episode. Some parts were funny. Like William guessing that every women loves rose's. And how crony the poem was. But it was so-so for me.
Insanity Hero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext