Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:05 am

St. Valentine's Day

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

How do you rate this episode?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:29 pm

OMG! My life has been fulfilled!
50%
So-so. Good solid stuff, nothing new.
50%
About as appealing as Jim in a tutu.
No votes

Total votes : 12

Postby Star Way » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:33 pm

Well... it rocked, as usual. :) A lot less explosive than I thought it would be (explosive meaning... shippy) but awesome nonetheless!

Edit: About the poll option, I wanna see Jim in a tutu. xDDDDDDDDD
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby GOGOLINIICHAN! » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:38 pm

Loved the Odd/Aelita.

Otherwise, rocked as usual, but didn't do anything -that- special for me.

Odd/Aelita.. was so awesome though. :P
I <3 Stephen
[icon by meee, liniichan@lj]
GOGOLINIICHAN! offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Icelcis » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:38 pm

Okay, so-so. It would have been the very best TV thing ever made in the history of mankind if Jeremie and Aelita kissed, but noooooooooo, of course not. The Ulrich/Yumi moments were good. :D

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Star Way » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:42 pm

I think my main issue with it is that I was expecting a lot of character development because of the romantic aspect, but it really didn't show anything beyond what we've already seen before. Even less, actually; the end of the episode where Yumi tells her parents she's in love did more for me.

But I loved the O/A moments (is it just me, or is that couple shining through in the actual show...?) and the J/A. Bratty!Aelita was also really fun to see.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby DL » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:42 pm

very good episode...now Ulrich and Yumi are using Sissy and Wiiliam to make each other jelous...very funny

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Little Vili » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:50 pm

Aelita got taken over!!! *faints and nearly dies*....If he ever does anything even close to that ever again, he'll meet a fait worse than death, 1000 fold.

Ok, review time:

(Other than aelita being controlled) This episode was good, but Im willing to be it dissapointed some fans (at first). Seeing Jeremy jelous, was one of the funniest things I've seen though, and I admit...well, that was pretty funny. He got into so much trouble over a simple matter that he could solved if he were to think rationally. But we dont care about that, we loved to see him freak out (plus it only proved his love for aelita that much more).

It was also really funny to see Ulrich and Yumi try to make each other jelous by flirting with Sissy, and William. Wow, and to think that they would know that it is the worst tactic known to man for getting together with someone. Oh well, at least it all got resolved when Ulrich told Yumi the poem was for her (aww...how sweet...lol). Though I bet a few of you were contempt with that, most of you wanted to see a kiss or something. (BTW, that episode was really short).

Now for the topic that scared me to near death and back 7 times over. Aelita being controlled by XANA. Wow, that was a very good (yet too obvious) tactic. First I must ask, would you trust a gift you didnt know who it came from, or with out a note to even give a clue? I didnt think so. before I even touched it, I'd ask everyone who'd possibly could/would have given it to me.

Another thing, who the h**l was that one guy in the beggining...Some random guy XANA took over...or is it someone who is working for XANA? An interesting plot twist if I do say so myself (and could sprout some fanfics possibly). None the less, it adds a new level of suspence, and for the time being, mystery.

Over all, we didnt really get a whole lot out of that episode. Think about it, nothing was really accomplised, though the U/Y ship got a few more points added on to it, but thats really it. Maybe tommorow will see more of what we've come to expect as of now. But, I must also say, that did deliver more of a comedy aspect as well (ps...I just remembered this). The whole Jeremy-able-to-use-anyone's-voice thing is really sw33t. I was all like XD when he used Jim's voice to tell Ulrich and Odd to hurry up...and lets not forget what Jim said to (who he thought was the principal) about Mrs. Hertz...lol.

Well, knowing I forgot a few things, Ill let you guys get it from here.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyn » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:04 pm

Xana likes to possess people. It was a good idea, too, I think, since Aelita's really important to Lyoko attacks, and without her they couldn't deactivate towers, etc. I liked this episode... I don't think it's my favorite, but it was definitely really cool. ^-^

So many triangles… I lurve triangles, so that was really awesome to me. ^^ I like Ulrich/Yumi/William a lot… I hope it pops up more often (as long as Y/U is the outcome, heh.) And Odd/Aelita/Jeremie too. That promises to be awkward. ^^ And cute... Whee! x)

Also... Jeremie’s comment towards the end made me think... that Xana might be in love with Aelita. o.o’’ Stop looking at me. It’s really weird but I like the idea... and it’s sort of plausible, if you think about it. And all of the stuff, like how the monster backed away like Jeremie thought it would... it /could/ be that Xana just wants to keep her for taking over the world or something evil like that (which it probably is...) Buuut... ya never know... -^_^- Heheh.

I feel like there was something else to say...oh right. Who /was/ that guy at the beginning? That was really weird... and then he didn't show up the entire rest of the episode... maybe he'll come back, but that was very strange. It might make sence for that to have just been a student Xana possessed to deliver the gift. But in that case, how did he get spider powers? XD
Lyn offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Icelcis » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:29 pm

Let's see, Sissi got super strength, Jeremie got Force powers, and Aelita got the ability to have something like 200 life points.... If each use of the terrain alteration thing saps 50 life points, and she used it three times, then Odd fired at her a few times more....

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Little Vili » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:41 pm

maybe when XANA has control..she doesnt use life points to use her power.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:43 pm

I was a bit disappointed at this epiode; It was good, but not what I was expecting.

There wasn't a whole lot of J/A, which I thought would have been a major factor. I did just about die when X.A.N.A./Aelita tried to kiss him on the cheek and he fell off his stool, that was priceless.

The Y/U wasn't very revealing either. But I died when Ulrich appeared just in time to catch Yumi. It was horribly predictable, but it seemed like he got a second chance after her failed to save her in Cruel Dilemma.

Ah, the O/A-ness. Let's just say I hit fangirl cloud nine. I am falling more in love with this pairing as time rolls on. I was almost crying when Jeremie ordered Odd to shoot her, he looked so pained...
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:26 pm

Well I have to say that if one combined the episodes "The Trap" and "Routine" this is the episode one would get. Alternate Couple hints abound in this one! XD

I nearly died at Jeremie and Odd bickering with each other over who sent Aelita that present. I sort of figured that if there was anyone Jeremie would suspect of having a crush on Aelita it would be Odd...interesting though that he asked Ulrich first if he sent the necklace. ^^;

Jeremie was really hilarious in this epiosde for some reason. Unlike in "Girl of the Dreams" where he was a bit impulsive, this was jealousy we got to see, and something Jeremie's never had the opportunity to really express. My favorite Jeremie lines? "I've really got to boost that program." and "Hey...has anyone seen Aelita?" *lol* Didn't he say he was going to spend more time with her? --

Moving on, Ulrich had me laughing partially in this episode. One of th best scenes was this one:
J- "What are you writing?"
U- "Nothing"
J-"Are you writing a poem?"
U-"No."
J-"Is it for Yumi?"
U-"No."

Is he bad at fibbing or what? And as for the poem in question...*snickers*...well, it was cute, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say it likely sounded better in French. XD

The Lyoko catch was cute...an interesting mix of Yumi's previous run-ins with the digital void in "Cruel Dilemma" and "Routine". I'm willing to wager that they'll give them the switch-a-roo at least once this season, where Ulrich falls through some misfortune and Yumi catches him. *giggles* You could have a pretty funny scene there just after she catches hold of him:
U-"Well...this is different.
Y-"Yeah...you okay?"
U-"Apart from the near death experience? Peachy.
Y-"*laughs* Yeah...after the second or third time you get used to it though."

So, I had this sort of feeling it was a bit too early into the season to have any huge confessions...those tend to fall around the last or close to last episodes typically...but I was hoping. I was definitely hoping! :D

XANAelita was by far the star of this (as much as I hate to admit it). I loved the spinning-trip she pulled on Yumi, and every expression she threw while under XANA's control in Lyoko? Chilling. I wouldn't want to see her actually be honestly mad at anyone, now...it'd probably be really frightening. O_o

So it wasn't a half bad episode for me. Not what I was hoping for in all its entirety but I did have really high hopes to begin with. ^^; It was okay by me.

*snickers* And...wow...I almost forgot...we've got a new CL coupling...if Jim's suspicious conversation topic with the "Principal" is anything to go by. *snorts* :*D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cecilia » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:29 pm

^^ Not one of my favourite episodes, but definitely will keep me busy til tomorrow.

O/A/J was great...as was the phone convo that occurred. ^^
Cecilia offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Doggiegal » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:31 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Is he bad at fibbing or what? And as for the poem in question...*snickers*...well, it was cute, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say it likely sounded better in French. XD

It was hilarious, especially how he switched Yumi, which rhymed, to Sissi....it just gave the poem an awkward feel.

*snickers* And...wow...I almost forgot...we've got a new CL coupling...if Jim's suspicious conversation topic with the "Principal" is anything to go by. *snorts* :*D

It freaked Jeremie out. He hung up using a lame excuse so he wouldn't have to hear any more... xD I can't wait to see if they show anything else along those lines...
Doggiegal offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:59 pm

Doggiegal wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:Is he bad at fibbing or what? And as for the poem in question...*snickers*...well, it was cute, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say it likely sounded better in French. XD

It was hilarious, especially how he switched Yumi, which rhymed, to Sissi....it just gave the poem an awkward feel.

It freaked Jeremie out. He hung up using a lame excuse so he wouldn't have to hear any more... xD I can't wait to see if they show anything else along those lines...

Ah yes, the classic, "I'm going through a tunnel" excuse. XD Actually, the fact that Jeremie has a program that allows him to mimic voices is kind of dangerous...what if XANA got hold of it and used it to make the others think something was wrong when nothing was? Hmmm...a possible set-up for a later episode maybe? ^_^

I forgot to comment about Yumi in this episode (other than the Lyoko catch). I liked her battle scenes against the Krabs. Using her telekinesis to direct her fan around is a way better strategy than just using it on rocks and such. She seems to still be getting used to the idea of two fans though...she easily caught the first one...but lost the second one. Ah well...I can't say I would have been able to do better in her shoes. I'm terrible at Frisbee. XD

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doggiegal » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:06 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
Doggiegal wrote:

Ah yes, the classic, "I'm going through a tunnel" excuse. XD Actually, the fact that Jeremie has a program that allows him to mimic voices is kind of dangerous...what if XANA got hold of it and used it to make the others think something was wrong when nothing was? Hmmm...a possible set-up for a later episode maybe? ^_^

Heh...I use a lamer one:"My mom wants me to get off now." That's definately a possibility, though, seeing as XANA would most likely try anything that might work....

Mewberries151 wrote:
I forgot to comment about Yumi in this episode (other than the Lyoko catch). I liked her battle scenes against the Krabs. Using her telekinesis to direct her fan around is a way better strategy than just using it on rocks and such. She seems to still be getting used to the idea of two fans though...she easily caught the first one...but lost the second one. Ah well...I can't say I would have been able to do better in her shoes. I'm terrible at Frisbee. XD

I stink at Frisbee as well x_X. My friend often makes me play it when we have to choose between the equipment for a few sports...
Doggiegal offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Cecilia » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:07 pm

^^ Actually, that's very feasible. If XANA does gain access to that...though it might be to convince them that nothing's wrong, instead of the reverse of that.

o.O Not sure.
Cecilia offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Reploid CB » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:29 am

I dunno.. Maybe he could use it to mimic one of the voices of the Lyoko warriors to get Aelita to go into Lyoko? I'm not sure we have to worry much though; since episodes like The Robots where XANA hijacked the computer, Jeremie seems to have guarded it a lot better.

Anyway MewB, you said everything I coulda said about this episode and more. I LOVED it :D I'd say it's probably my third favorite, after The Trap and Ghost Channel. And you can BET I loved the Odd/Aelita hints ^_^ And the XANAAelita moments, because quite frankly that reminded me of that ongoing RP I've mentioned a few times (like in my fanart topic here) with an older Lyoko storyline, where Aelita was taken over by XANA >) *snickers* She even did the same sort of thing, waving out her hand and calling up an instant blockage wall (although in the RP it was Desert-Region-stone rather than Polar-Region-Ice).

Sidenote: Am I the only one who's noticed Aelita's earring has been moved? It's no longer at the tip of her ear, but is at the lobe in the "normal" earring place. Pity, I liked it better in the other spot...
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby G-Force » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:11 am

God Aelita has a vicious sweep kick. It's like all of a sudden the character's went through Bruce Lee's School of kicking the butt of your virtual nemisis. Aelita was able to get two hits off Yumi before she even HIT THE GROUND! Man looks like I'm gonna have to write some pretty intricate fight scenes. This is not a good thing right now as I've had a huge dosage of Sin City goodness and I can't shanke the images from my mind.

*puts on a pair of red Converse shoes and get's ready to dropkick a police car windshield*
G-Force offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:19 am

Well, as cool as Aelita kicking serious butt is, I'd like to think to X.A.N.A. had more than a little to do with her fighting abilities. After all, if she fought that good I'd like to think that Jeremie wouldn't be so over-protective of her.
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.

~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:52 pm

CBIzumi wrote:Sidenote: Am I the only one who's noticed Aelita's earring has been moved? It's no longer at the tip of her ear, but is at the lobe in the "normal" earring place. Pity, I liked it better in the other spot...

Nope. I'd noticed that, and I think it was "Tears Run Cold" that pointed it out to me. XD Everyone seems to like it better the old way too. :D

XANA probably had alot to do with everything Aelita did in Lyoko. I don't doubt that Aelita has the ability to fight...I just don't know how far her skills would be. She got the drop on Yumi more likely because Yumi was not expecting Aelita to attack her. And XANA's possession of her also allowed her to bypass the necessary 50 lifepoints she has to pay to use her Synthesization power. She used it at least 3 times (the crater, the wall, and the ice), and still had 100 lifepoints by the time Odd started shooting at her. Most intriguing.

This episode actually marks the true change in XANA's tactics. He's no longer out to destroy Aelita. Now he needs her alive, a complete turn around from last season. While this likely means the other's can relax a little when it comes to taking shots for Aelita, it means the monsters now are aiming solely to knock the others out of Lyoko. Very interesting, I must say... ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SamBlob » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:51 pm

Little Vili wrote: Wow, that was a very good (yet too obvious) tactic. First I must ask, would you trust a gift you didnt know who it came from, or with out a note to even give a clue? I didnt think so. before I even touched it, I'd ask everyone who'd possibly could/would have given it to me.

That's one of the things that really bothered me about this episode. Even if Aelita thought Jeremy gave her the necklace, Jeremy should have had more sense than that. His paranoia has been misdirected. The old Jeremy (from the first season) would have recognized the Trojan Horse gambit and suspected XANA from the first instant. Instead he's out hunting wivals like Elmer Fudd hunting wabbits. Dumb!

P.S.: My opinion of the delivery boy is just that: he's a random delivery boy who XANA possessed for the sole purpose of delivering his present...
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Little Vili » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:59 am

lol..wivals

SamBlob wrote:P.S.: My opinion of the delivery boy is just that: he's a random delivery boy who XANA possessed for the sole purpose of delivering his present...

Yeah, I started to think that too.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:46 am

SamBlob wrote:
Little Vili wrote: Wow, that was a very good (yet too obvious) tactic. First I must ask, would you trust a gift you didnt know who it came from, or with out a note to even give a clue? I didnt think so. before I even touched it, I'd ask everyone who'd possibly could/would have given it to me.

That's one of the things that really bothered me about this episode. Even if Aelita thought Jeremy gave her the necklace, Jeremy should have had more sense than that. His paranoia has been misdirected. The old Jeremy (from the first season) would have recognized the Trojan Horse gambit and suspected XANA from the first instant. Instead he's out hunting wivals like Elmer Fudd hunting wabbits. Dumb!

P.S.: My opinion of the delivery boy is just that: he's a random delivery boy who XANA possessed for the sole purpose of delivering his present...

Well, as said by Riku in KH "You were just the delivery boy!"

I think that Aelita was very believable during this episode. For all she knew, getting presents at midnight was normal, which is probably why she asked Yumi. Yumi assumed it was a V-day present, and Aelita had no reason no to trust her friend's judgement.

Jeremie...well, depending upon how you flip the coin he was both in and out of character. If he was acting like normal, sensible Jeremie, then yes, I agree that his paranoia was wrongly placed. However, Jeremie is never sensical around Aelita, she drives him to extremes in the over-protective area. Given the day this episode was set on, I can see his reaction as feasible.
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.

~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby lyokodude » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:53 pm

Xana's best try yet He should try harder because he couldve used Aeleata in such a way that yumi couldn't or ulrich and Odd couldn't reach her in time
Behold Lyokodude has re-emerged from the darkness. I got tired of not being here. Lol.

Season 4 alert be prepared for it. Me adn my friend know everything about un-aired Avatar seasons. I want a moment to be real
lyokodude offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Next