Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:26 am

Mister Puck

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:37 am

Is it just me or is William's old Lyoko form based on the inner shirt of that doll?

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Lyoko Wario » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:25 pm

I always thought William kind of looked like the guys from "Tron"

Aelita... I want to go for a walk in the garden with you too... ;__;
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:20 pm

Etou, the one from the movie, or the one from KH2?

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Lyoko Wario » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:01 pm

The movie... you know, about those guys that go into a video game.

I didn't even know they were in KH2... I only played KH1, and for less than an hour.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:14 pm

The end of the episode was adorable. Aelita looks so beatific when she is asleep.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:31 pm

Planet Cool wrote:The movie... you know, about those guys that go into a video game.

I didn't even know they were in KH2... I only played KH1, and for less than an hour.

Yeah. It's pretty cool and the outfits are all glowy. Tron's funny in it...

And in the end it shows that sora's way of dealing with computer problms is by wailing on the keyboard,

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Carth » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:07 pm

In an attempt to insert life into dead parts of the forum, I've decided to go back, watch really old episodes of CL, and see what I think of them now that I've ignored them for two-odd years. Tonight's victim is Mister Pück...hopefully I can get this done before it gets too beastly late.

Theme music, so. The lyrics of the theme always annoyed me. They're so...archaic. But I like the tune. Always did.

HEY. We never actually found out what those Mr. Pück/wolf scenes actually meant! What WAS the wolf motif all about anyway? Aelita kept seeing them all over the place, and Franzy H turned into one in Distant Memory...grrgh it annoys me. I wonder how many times Aelita's woken up gasping in the middle of a highly significant dream. It's actually kind of interesting to see a more demure-ish, naive Aelita considering she's all HOOAH in the later seasons.

Kadic seriously needs better security to keep the wolves out of the girls' toilet. And am I the only one who found the Kadic showers really...immodest? Do they even have curtains?

One thing I love here is the character profiling! Aelita's sort of a joke among the other girls; feels like she doesn't fit in...and it's all unspoken. I love it.

They're dealing with advancing the plot oh my god you guys. Jeremie holding hands with Aelita = aww. Speaking of Jeremie, I want to marry his Season 2 voice.

More pieces of the puzzle...Aelita's room = Mr. Pück chased by wolves, calling on his magic shiny to save him? Moonscoop, I'm stumped.

Wait, was that whole thing just supposed to lead her to Mr. Pück? So did Franz send those visions? So why'd they make them stop? Sure, to keep her sanity and all...but...rrgh.

Oh Jeremie you and your complex math.

Huh...if Franz Hopper had time to shove away his diary after his final entry, then he must've known the MIBs were after him...anyway, stuff's happening and I like it.

But oh wait what's this? XANA MUSIC. I kinda forgot what the XANA attack was...oh yeah, it's when Jeremie's possessed. LOL @ XANA removing the lightbulb. How polite.

I forgot the sex appeal line was in this episode! Truly Odd's crowning moment, managing to say "sex" on Cartoon Network. And then Jeremie gets possessed not five seconds later...I suppose his sex appeal is lacking. ;D

Yumi just randomly had a moment of VERY FIERCE HANDWASHING. I don't know what up with that. And then she was smiling when she was telling Ulrich that Aelita was being dragged off by XANA-Jeremie. Mood whiplash y/n?

Some win for Aelita in this fight against XANA-Jeremie here, rope-climbing to escape. Too bad it fails.

"Over here, twinkle fingers! I have a feeling we're REAAALY gonna hit it off!" Odd has great lines in this ep!

"No, as a matter of fact, it was Jim!" Beginnings of Aelita's snark. I guess IRL is affecting her in that manner.

I just realized that in the fight, at one point, Odd's trying to stop Jeremie from stomping on his manparts. Or at least it looks like it. Sly.

Nice Lyoko action here, fairly seamless and believably difficult. Loverly. Bloks have a bit of a strange intro- they come out of the ground! Maybe it's like the hatching of the Mantas. And we see some of their neater Blok-abilities, nice.

Triplicate always confused me. Or really just the fact that Ulrich can do pretty much anything on Lyoko whenever.

Odd called Jeremie "Sparky". I made Franz Hopper call Jeremie that in the Five-verse. This made my day.

Ulrich's "blockhead" joke- incessant giggling. Yumi's telekenesis- another power we don't see much. S'not that useful on Lyoko, I'll admit. Jeremie's season 2 voice, while gorgeous, does not lend itself to XANAfication.

Wait, if Jeremie could devirtualize Yumi, why not Ulrich? [/questions I'm not supposed to ask]

"Never trust a guy with glasses." Odd, I love you for thinking that would work.

Plus for Aelita in this episode- she didn't do a flip on her way up the tower. Jeremie + lighning = REALLY CREEPY.

Jeremie is Mr. Deux ex Machina supreme. I love him.

I also forgot that the Un-Reveal That Frustrated A Thousand Fans was in this episode! These things kind of sneak up on you don't they. Jeremie don't insult your girlfriend's pad.

And, in conclusion-

"Come on, Mr. Pück, let's go for a walk in the garden."

Well, after all that natter...PROS:

- Manages to be both plot-filled and lulz-filled. Progresses the story; gives us the diaries and the doll and all that.
- Odd is at the top of his game here. At least I think he is. Very flippant in the face of danger.
- VERY FIERCE HANDWASHING

CONS:

- The wolves still frustrate me
- XANA attack was a bit lacking
- We still don't know what Jeremie looks like on Lyoko. ASDASD.

Overall? After all this time, I'd still give this one a 8.5 or 9/10. Not the best (the best is Teddygozilla) but still relatively stellar. Definitely worth a rewatch.
Carth offline

Postby Stonecreek » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:19 pm

These reviews make for great reading, Carth. Makes me want to go back and watch episodes now. Makes me want to do a review this way, too, but I don't think I could match what you do. Keep 'em up, please. I know you said you are going in order, but maybe Cold War or Taelia's episodes. Those have to be comment-filled.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Carth » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:34 pm

Stoney Creekstation wrote:These reviews make for great reading, Carth. Makes me want to go back and watch episodes now. Makes me want to do a review this way, too, but I don't think I could match what you do. Keep 'em up, please. I know you said you are going in order, but maybe Cold War or Taelia's episodes. Those have to be comment-filled.

This sentence makes me very sad. If this is the only reason you don't do it I might be forced to glue pencils between your fingers. But thank you for reading em! I might do Seeing is Believing tonight, not sure...
Carth offline

Postby Stonecreek » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:39 pm

Enjoy Everything wrote:
Stoney Creekstation wrote:These reviews make for great reading, Carth. Makes me want to go back and watch episodes now. Makes me want to do a review this way, too, but I don't think I could match what you do. Keep 'em up, please. I know you said you are going in order, but maybe Cold War or Taelia's episodes. Those have to be comment-filled.

This sentence makes me very sad. If this is the only reason you don't do it I might be forced to glue pencils between your fingers. But thank you for reading em! I might do Seeing is Believing tonight, not sure...

Pencils between my fingers would sure make it hard for me to type up a review (and do work, seeing as I'm at work...), that is of course once I can actually get home and find an episode to watch, and have enough time and patience and creativity to write an engaging episode review, and holy run-on sentences, Batman!

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Carth » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:09 pm

Stoney Creekstation wrote:
Enjoy Everything wrote:

Pencils between my fingers would sure make it hard for me to type up a review (and do work, seeing as I'm at work...), that is of course once I can actually get home and find an episode to watch, and have enough time and patience and creativity to write an engaging episode review, and holy run-on sentences, Batman!

No, no, see, work, lack of time, and pencils glued between one's fingers are perfectly valid excuses. But as my intention was to spawn copycats, not doing it because I did is not.

Um...carry on talking about the episode now I guess.
Carth offline

Postby Lani » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:10 pm

According to a few online dream dictionaries, wolves symbolize:

<i>"To see a wolf in your dream, symbolizes survival, beauty, solitude, mystery, self-confidence and pride. You are able to keep your composure in a variety of social circumstances and blend into any situation with ease and grace. You are also a loner by choice. <b>Negatively, the wolf represents hostility, aggression, or sneakiness. It may reflect an uncontrollable force or situation in your life.</b> "</i>

and

<i>"The wolf is often a symbol of loneliness or predator behavior in dreams. If you dream of a wolf, you are probably in a situation where you lack friendship or companionship.
Another scenario may be that you feel others are preying on you, or you are preying upon others for personal gain. Does the wolf appear close up and snarling, or do you notice it far off at bay?"</i>

The only one I think is plausible is the second half of the first one. :o Mr. Puck could've been her.
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Previous